GUILTY TX - Gerren Isgrigg, 6, disabled, left to die in Wylie park, 12 April 2010

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Woman starts 'Wylie's Angel' Facebook page to help identify boy found dead at park
1:18 PM CT

02:33 PM CDT on Monday, April 19, 2010

By VALERIE WIGGLESWORTH / The Dallas Morning News
vwigglesworth@dallasnews.com

The unidentified little boy whose body was abandoned near a Collin County pond last week has been dubbed Wylie's Angel.

Police have not released any updates on the case since Saturday, when volunteers began canvassing neighborhoods, churches and businesses with an image of the brown-haired, brown-eyed boy in hopes that someone might recognize him.

That's the same day that Malorie Martinez started a Facebook page called "Wylie's Angel" to get the image of the boy distributed as widely as possible.

"I wanted to get his face to go national so that maybe an aunt or a close family member might see him," said Martinez, 20, of Dallas, who works with special-needs children and said the case deeply affected her. "I want somebody who knows him and loves him to have that closure."

more here

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcon...stories/042010dnmetwyliesangel.26296965a.html

I have had no luck either. This little boy really tugs at my heartstrings, and I just think he is so precious.

I want to know who he is and WHY someone just placed him in a bush like throwing out trash.

At least he will never know pain again. As one of the true innocents - all children are - he is in Heaven with so many other precious children we come to love here at WS.

I wish we knew for sure whether he was clothed or not. Maybe the baby blanket has a hair or some foreign DNA on it. I can only hope because I want the caught that just abandoned this little boy. Someone stated that the parents may not could have afforded a funeral. No, that is not the case. I do not believe that there is one single community in this country that would not have pitched in to give this little special needs guy a proper, decent funeral. Many funeral homes will even donate services for children.

He deserves a headstone with his name on it. GB this little guy and the community of Wylie that wants to help find who he is. And on WS as well.

I would like to think you're right about communities pitching in, but I'm afraid that the reality is that if you're an illegal immigrant, unwed mother with a drug problem, etc. you aren't going to get any sympathy from anybody.

The silence around this case is the reason I think it's a out of towner. If it was a local family I would think someone would have heard it on the news and talked. Are we sure it's a g tube? I'm not familiar with one at all but if it's something medically put in then is it something that needs frequent medical adjusting or check ups? Or maybe the feeding tube was put in a few years ago and the parents never followed up????

ITA. A social worker somewhere knows this child. Whether through CPS, a hospital, a charitable organization, others know this situation. It makes one wonder if this 'family' moved around so there wasn't consistent contact and records kept. For example, if the father works or worked in the oil/gas fields and moves from place to place living in a travel trailer.

I totally agree with your thoughts about this child being from out of town. I am glad to hear today that the news is going national; it really needs to. If he was from the immediate area, it is amazing that no one would have come forth to identify him.

Re: the feeding tube. I don't know a whole lot about feeding tubes, but I would think if the tube was done years ago, some kind of medical intervention would have been necessary. My sister is a home health care nurse, and she says a g-tube would need to be cleaned, etc.

I can't help but think it is someone that lived in the area at one time, whether growing up or at some point, to know that area enough. It is not a lake that draws alot of outsiders and there are better, bigger lakes in the same general area. Someone picked this location because they were familiar with the area, jmo. Most likely hasn't lived here for a while if they were taking care of this baby for 6 years. idk

Is the park area noted on "travel maps?" I remember camping our way through Texas and many "points of interest" were listed on the map......caves, parks, campgrounds, etc.

Is anyone from the area where the boy was found? Does it seem odd that they would dump him at a campground? I have to think that it was not a loving parent...If it was, I would think that he would have been placed in a box with clothing, and a blanket ect. Kinda like the baby in the box in NM. Really makes me think that he died from either neglect or medical reasons, but was a foster child so the maternal bond wasn't there and so they just dumped him. Just my opinion FWIW.

Good post.

Keeping in mind that there were no obvious signs of trauma to the little body, I do think it is possible this child died of natural causes. IF that is the case, and the family was camping in the area, I still can't see a loving family, no matter how poor, discarding of the child in this way----He was wrapped in a blanket, true, but he was also in a trash heap, right?

IN REFERENCE TO THE POSSIBILITY THIS CHILD IS HISPANIC: I know Dallas has Spanish speaking television stations----does anyone in the area know if his picture is being shown on those stations?

IF that is the case, and the family was camping in the area, I still can't see a loving family, no matter how poor, discarding of the child in this way----He was wrapped in a blanket, true, but he was also in a trash heap, right?

BBM - Was he in a trash heap? I thought he was found on the edge of a pond, which seems a bit more peaceful and serene to me.

Of course, it's likely this is what I wish the circumstance was, and not that he was simply disposed of.

Searching Hispanic kiddo's in the CPS system

http://tare.dfps.state.tx.us/search/ChildDetail.jsp?TareId=49875

http://tare.dfps.state.tx.us/search/ChildDetail.jsp?TareId=45335

http://tare.dfps.state.tx.us/search/ChildDetail.jsp?TareId=53575

This little guy is from that region http://tare.dfps.state.tx.us/search/ChildDetail.jsp?TareId=52782

Also in the renderings and computer generated pics it looks to me like this child was starved to death, hair is very thin & spoltchy, teeth are rotten or did not develop properly and just the gaunt look in his little face...I think he was starved to death.

Because he was special needs, it is possible that his teeth were malformed. They seem to be very small for a six year old, but I have seen other special needs children with similar teeth.

It is not unusual for children who have been fed through a feeding tube to be quite tiny when compared to others in their age group, although I do agree that the possibility exists that the child starved.....it's just all so pitiful. Makes me want to grab all my children and hug them tight.

BBM - Was he in a trash heap? I thought he was found on the edge of a pond, which seems a bit more peaceful and serene to me.

Of course, it's likely this is what I wish the circumstance was, and not that he was simply disposed of.

He was in a pile of brush.....I got mixed up! Thank you for pointing this out so I could correct it! From the latest article:

The site off Skyview Drive in Wylie — where a child with special needs was left in a pile of brush — is being attracting curious onlookers.

"I don't how someone could dump an innocent child, nobody's claimed him. It's sad. It's very sad," Hanson said.

"Why would you dispose of them like that, as if they were trash? That just really bothers me," said David Hughes.

According to the Facebook page above, the residents of Wylie are gathering donations for a funeral for him and there will be a vigil on Thursday evening.

He was in a pile of brush.....I got mixed up! Thank you for pointing this out so I could correct it! From the latest article:

The site off Skyview Drive in Wylie — where a child with special needs was left in a pile of brush — is being attracting curious onlookers.

"I don't how someone could dump an innocent child, nobody's claimed him. It's sad. It's very sad," Hanson said.

"Why would you dispose of them like that, as if they were trash? That just really bothers me," said David Hughes.

Thanks kgeaux, for the clarification.

Ok, spoke with LE today...there were clothes and a blanket found but they are not yet releasing a decription. I also wanted to let you know that Maximus is NOT the doe. He didnt say why, just that he was ruled out.

50 officers working the case right now, could be from outside of Texas. 1st Baptist has offered to pay for the funeral & burial expenses. The next 24-48 hours will be critical as to whether they take the story national.

from live broadcast just now on NBC 5

I totally agree with your thoughts about this child being from out of town. I am glad to hear today that the news is going national; it really needs to. If he was from the immediate area, it is amazing that no one would have come forth to identify him.

Re: the feeding tube. I don't know a whole lot about feeding tubes, but I would think if the tube was done years ago, some kind of medical intervention would have been necessary. My sister is a home health care nurse, and she says a g-tube would need to be cleaned, etc.

Is the park area noted on "travel maps?" I remember camping our way through Texas and many "points of interest" were listed on the map......caves, parks, campgrounds, etc.

Good post.

Keeping in mind that there were no obvious signs of trauma to the little body, I do think it is possible this child died of natural causes. IF that is the case, and the family was camping in the area, I still can't see a loving family, no matter how poor, discarding of the child in this way----He was wrapped in a blanket, true, but he was also in a trash heap, right?

IN REFERENCE TO THE POSSIBILITY THIS CHILD IS HISPANIC: I know Dallas has Spanish speaking television stations----does anyone in the area know if his picture is being shown on those stations?

I agree, being poor does not mean you would just discard your child's body like that. Either there is an abuser in the home, and the family fears they will be in trouble for whatever may have happened to the boy, or perhaps they are foster parents, with other foster/special needs children they want to continue receiving a check for. Whoever they are, I have a feeling they knew it would be difficult to identify him. Maybe they stopped receiving medical care for him some time ago, and he succummed?

I am shocked he hasn't been identified. I was sure today, with the news on all day because it's a Monday, that someone would see him. Thank goodness it has gone national. I hope some loving family is able to identify him and give his little headstone a name.

Wylie's Angel, you are in my heart and prayers..

The men who found the boy called their boss, who pulled the boy out from the brush, and then covered him with a blanket that was nearby...just to clarify further. ;)

No matter what the cause of death was there is absolutely no reason for disposing of him like that. I hope they are prosecuted to the fullest extent. I have zero sympathy for people that do this.

Wow. Someone just posted this on FB. This is really close to where I live.. so sad. I'll talk to my cousin about feeding tubes, her daughter has one. I'll ask her how often it has to be cared for by a medical worker..etc. I haven't read everyone's posts if it's already been answered.

Wow. Someone just posted this on FB. This is really close to where I live.. so sad. I'll talk to my cousin about feeding tubes, her daughter has one. I'll ask her how often it has to be cared for by a medical worker..etc. I haven't read everyone's posts if it's already been answered.

Would you please check and see if it is a G-tube? Also, how old is your cousin's daughter?

Hi,
I live in the area, about 7 miles to the north. I was born and raised in Wylie. The area that this baby was found in is off a back road that runs along the south west area of the lake. This road is traveled by locals who live in the area and taking the backway to walmart and others going to East Fork Park campground. The road used to to connect to the other side of the lake via the dam, but the dam portion has been closed since 911. The campground has about 50 sites with water and electric hookups and 12 tent only sites. During the summer months it is usually full, there are some campers almost year round. There is an attendant who lives in a trailer at the gate, which is locked at 10:00 pm and open at 6:00 am. It is also somewhat close to the the trail head of an equestrian trail, Trinity Trails.
I have been out of town the last 4 days and have not seen alot of the news stories, but will be watching from now on! It is extremely upsetting that this has happened in our town or anywhere!

Hi,
I live in the area, about 7 miles to the north. I was born and raised in Wylie. The area that this baby was found in is off a back road that runs along the south west area of the lake. This road is traveled by locals who live in the area and taking the backway to walmart and others going to East Fork Park campground. The road used to to connect to the other side of the lake via the dam, but the dam portion has been closed since 911. The campground has about 50 sites with water and electric hookups and 12 tent only sites. During the summer months it is usually full, there are some campers almost year round. There is an attendant who lives in a trailer at the gate, which is locked at 10:00 pm and open at 6:00 am. It is also somewhat close to the the trail head of an equestrian trail, Trinity Trails.
I have been out of town the last 4 days and have not seen alot of the news stories, but will be watching from now on! It is extremely upsetting that this has happened in our town or anywhere!

:Welcome-12-june: Thank You for your input.

I have had no luck either. This little boy really tugs at my heartstrings, and I just think he is so precious.

I want to know who he is and WHY someone just placed him in a bush like throwing out trash.

At least he will never know pain again. As one of the true innocents - all children are - he is in Heaven with so many other precious children we come to love here at WS.

I wish we knew for sure whether he was clothed or not. Maybe the baby blanket has a hair or some foreign DNA on it. I can only hope because I want the caught that just abandoned this little boy. Someone stated that the parents may not could have afforded a funeral. No, that is not the case. I do not believe that there is one single community in this country that would not have pitched in to give this little special needs guy a proper, decent funeral. Many funeral homes will even donate services for children.

He deserves a headstone with his name on it. GB this little guy and the community of Wylie that wants to help find who he is. And on WS as well.

BBM. Yes, in fact I read that a Wylie Baptist Church has offered to hold a Memorial Service and also to give this little guy a funeral if needed. I have always felt that Wylie was a nice community and I'm very happy to have called it my home for so long after how the community has responded to this.

I tend to believe this poor child was found unclothed. Wylie PD will not verify but they did state the clothing on the released picture was edited in. I can't think of any reason they would not want to show clothing the boy was actually wearing as it could help someone ID him. JMO, though.

ETA: Should have read the rest of this page before posting. Mtrooper said clothing was found with the boy, and fhc has already posted about 1st Baptist church doing a vigil and offering to pay for a burial.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back