GUILTY TX - Grace Lillian Ford, 2, murdered in Plano, 9 Jan 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
These things being listed means someone REPORTED the incidents, right? Do we feel it was more likely a family member, or perhaps a healthcare professional?

The grandfather or mother. If you look I posted where I got the info from. The 4 reports were in a report from Fox 4 video linked. I merely posted the dates and info per the Fox 4 news report.

The grandfather or mother. If you look I posted where I got the info from. The 4 reports were in a report from Fox 4 video linked. I merely posted the dates and info per the Fox 4 news report.

The grandfather or the mother. If it had been a health care professional it would been taken more seriously by CPS IMO. Coming from a family member with the drama with custody and visitation was probably looked at as sour grapes.

CPS investigated 4 reports of alleged abuse.

Given the number of adults who had contact with Grace and in light of the acrimonious nature of her parents divorce, it was difficult for CPS to determine who was responsible for what.

[modsnip] MF was awarded sole custody.

Bio-mom and maternal grandfather made three reports to CPS. CPS investigated each incident and no findings of abuse were made.

CPS was concerned that the behaviour of ALL parties placed the child at risk. The parents (I interpret this to mean bio/step, custodial / non - custodial) were directed to take parenting classes.

Grace's death is absolutely a tragic loss for those who loved her, especially her mother and father. That being said, the real victim here is Grace. Not victim blaming - just stating the facts. The adults in her life - ALL of them - are culpable for their own shortcomings, and Grace is the one who paid the price.

IIRC, the maternal g'father said in his interview that the 4 reports were within the timeframe of when Melinda came into the picture.

[modsnip]

Crafty, what are you basing your info on? I haven't seen anything concrete that says 3 or 4 reports were made by bio-mom and maternal g'father. Nowhere I've read does it state who made the reports and the records cannot be accessed by the general public.

Just subscribing to this ...I just kind of caught up on this heartbreaking story. My daughter lives near Plano, she hasn't mentioned it though. Maybe I should ask her.
Also, I was interested in the bio dads surname. I have an acquaintance (bil's crazy crazy ex) with same name that also lives in Plano.
I'm trying to see if there's a family connection.

I am just heartsick for that poor babys last hours.

And I realize some grieving parents jump right in the "awareness/fundraising" area....but I would not be able to get out of bed for months.
Idk.

Sent from my HTC Flyer P510e using Tapatalk HD

Was at the dollar store today... Felt totally queezy sick to my stomach just thinking of Gracie, she was so innocent and beautiful such a blessing to be here but I think of both parents, we do what we have to do to protect our children and it saddens me Gracie couldn't be protected.
[modsnip]

IIRC, the maternal g'father said in his interview that the 4 reports were within the timeframe of when Melinda came into the picture.

[modsnip]

Crafty, what are you basing your info on? I haven't seen anything concrete that says 3 or 4 reports were made by bio-mom and maternal g'father. Nowhere I've read does it state who made the reports and the records cannot be accessed by the general public.

I alerted a mod to my post, requesting permission to cite my sources. I'm not sure what the rules are for social media pertaining to this case. As soon as someone gets back to me, I will clarify my statements.

The rules are posted here: The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Social media rule is as follows:

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

The accused social networks are sleuthable. The justice for Grace is linkable. Other social media is off limits per the rule above.

Hope that helps,

Salem

Regarding the CPS records being sealed, the mother's father did not have them sealed. A news report said Ford (Grace's father) had them sealed. I was able to confirm the news report is correct.

Seems WFAA reported that during stories on the arrest.

Regarding the CPS records being sealed, the mother's father did not have them sealed. A news report said Ford (Grace's father) had them sealed. I was able to confirm the news report is correct.

Seems WFAA reported that during stories on the arrest.

Can you link the news reports here that you got the information from? Thanks!

Las Vegas world news did an article that's pretty matter of fact
MM from there

This a sad case. Too bad CPS didn't intervene. It's chilling how premeditated this seems. Another thing that bugs me is how easily she made up the rape story, even going so far as to pulling her own clothes down. Real rape victims have enough problems without dealing with these distractions. This must be a really sharp LE to have seen through her stories so quick. moo

This a sad case. Too bad CPS didn't intervene. It's chilling how premeditated this seems. Another thing that bugs me is how easily she made up the rape story, even going so far as to pulling her own clothes down. Real rape victims have enough problems without dealing with these distractions. This must be a really sharp LE to have seen through her stories so quick. moo

And the fact that she left her pants unbuttoned for what seemed like a notable amount of time...the police reports seemed to indicate that they had to tell her she could do her pants up. Struck me as odd, although granted I already knew the police had arrested her when I read it.

Sent from my Event using Tapatalk

A two year old could have pulled the duct tape off. I'm wondering if the zip ties were used to keep Grace from doing that? I don't think too much of Ford and I sure can't believe he believes Muniz's story!

Maybe it's not comparable, but I've noticed that in the Teghan Skiba case, people are always posting that her mother is just as or more responsible than Richardson for Teghan's murder, and I wonder if we will see the same things posted about Mitch Ford when this case goes to trial. I just have this feeling that MF that he will be viewed in a much different (better) light than Reyes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back