GUILTY TX - Grace Lillian Ford, 2, murdered in Plano, 9 Jan 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Bumping this back to the front for Gracie. :(

What a truly EVIL horrid witch. I can not imagine the pain the mother must be feeling. ugh.

RIP Sweet Baby Grace :rose:

Just when you think you've reached the limits of evil....

My heart and mind can't comprehend it. Gracie was an angel on this earth. I will never believe she did anything to deserve what it took for her to receive her wings. :no:

I hope this monster loses her parental rights. :cow: May the adjudication process be swift.

Little Gracie deserves her justice! :please:

:rose:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have no words to offer regarding the revulsion I feel towards this crime which have not already been said by the people following this thread many times over.

I just wanted to thank all the thoughtful, caring Ws'ers who posted here, for being awesome and weathering the distress that cases like this can cause. Hugs to all of you.

Melinda had a baby boy and Grace's father is ordered to test for paternity along with another man:

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/crim...ge-in-toddlers-death-gives-birth-to-a-son.ece

Just found this thread and read almost every page . . . and now this news. I hope what has appeared to be such a solid case isn't spun into some kind of rarely seen time-limited psychiatric condition brought on by the hormonal changes in a newly pregnant woman.

Yet I wonder if the pregnancy played a factor in her actions, but for different reasons. . .

The baby was born October 1. If she carried to term then that would put her getting pregnant sometime in the weeks before she killed Grace. Did she know she was pregnant then and know it may not be Mitch's? Was her initial report a way to cough up an excuse of how it could be someone else's baby? When she realized that wasn't going to work, is that why she decided to initiate sex in the car? Or did she know it was Mitch's and she wanted Grace out of the picture first? I can't help but feel like she knew she was pregnant since there was the talk about cancelling a fertility appointment that was scheduled the same day she took Grace's life. Still, what a freaking work of trash she is for any reason she provides.

Now in my soul is a sad unrest not just for Grace's life taken too soon, but also for this baby's life and how he will cope, likely in his teenage years, as he finds out about the evilness of his own mother.

Melinda's prelim is the on the 7th of this month and the jury trial will start on the 26th, finally Justice for Gracie!!!

The mother posted, a few weeks back on her personal page, that Melinda Muniz had gotten pregnant before being arrested and had the baby in jail. It was then given to Melinda's parents and DNA testing would have to be done to determine if it was Mitch's or the guy she cheated with. Does anyone know if that was answered yet? I stopped following the mom and got wrapped up in the Christina Morris case.
Thanks

From your link OkieGranny :

(snip)

Muniz was in the courtroom as attorneys narrowed it down to 12 jurors and two alternates. She appeared somber and wore little makeup, trading in her prison jumpsuit for a black suit jacket and pink button-up shirt.

----

115 prospective jurors were in the initial pool according to the embedded video.

Here are screen grabs of the precious victim:

807121f4b73fb4fa7a619456f8523045.jpg

50066bb446fa15a9bf9681bf55357507.jpg

:rose:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im ready to send this <modsnip> to prison!! Lets roll people!!:gaah:

Trial starts today for Plano woman accused of suffocating toddler after breakup with fiance
http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/201...ating-toddler-after-breakup-with-fiance.html/

Opening arguments start today in Collin County in the capital murder trial for Melinda Lynn Muniz. The 26-year-old from Plano is accused in the suffocation death last January of 2-year-old Grace Lillian Ford.

<snip>

Grace was an adorable little girl with blonde hair and blue eyes who loved animal crackers and Minnie Mouse. She was at the center of a custody battle in district court between her parents. Gracie was also the focus of three investigations by Child Protective Services over allegations of abuse and neglect in the six months prior to her death. The allegations were all either ruled out or unable to determine.

A state report filed after Grace’s death concluded CPS failed to flag the multiple allegations for further review as required. The report, by the Office of Inspector General for the Texas Health and Human Services Commission, found Grace’s cases weren’t flagged by computer because of a system failure.

Two days before Grace’s death, her grandfather, Doug Reeves, delivered a letter to CPS asking that the agency take another look at the cases. He feared Grace was in danger.

<snip>

So sad. Justice is coming, Grace.

Is there a reason they are not pursuing death penalty? TIA and sorry if I missed it.

This is one I can barely watch the twitter feeds going on now that trial has started. It's just so horrible.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmayole
Back