TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Princess of OZ, I really didn't mean to jump on you. I am just so sick of the crazy, unfounded rumors that keep popping up that I could literally scream. No need to apologize - you did after all ask for clarification...... I did want to know where you heard that from so we could have tried to stop it in it's tracks. If you are sure that you misread something, fine. If not, please let us know where it came from.

Hailey's friend said that she did not talk to Hailey at all Monday, period.

If y'all will just look at the tags at the very bottom of the page, under the bookmarks (or hit the post reply button, and they are right above the reply box), you will see both parents full names. I don't know what the rules are about posting the last names.

Going on to the vigil now. Everyone who is unable to be there for whatever reason please offer up a prayer for Hailey's safe retun.

Princess of OZ, I really didn't mean to jump on you. I am just so sick of the crazy, unfounded rumors that keep popping up that I could literally scream. No need to apologize - you did after all ask for clarification...... I did want to know where you heard that from so we could have tried to stop it in it's tracks. If you are sure that you misread something, fine. If not, please let us know where it came from.

Hailey's friend said that she did not talk to Hailey at all Monday, period.

If y'all will just look at the tags at the very bottom of the page, under the bookmarks (or hit the post reply button, and they are right above the reply box), you will see both parents full names. I don't know what the rules are about posting the last names.

Going on to the vigil now. Everyone who is unable to be there for whatever reason please offer up a prayer for Hailey's safe retun.

BBM

Oh geez... that doesn't sound good at all to me. :(

It's so puzzling to me... I grew up in a small town not much bigger than that. And you would think someone would have seen her that afternoon - walking up the street, or whatever. You can do anything in a small town without anyone knowing - and people in small towns love to talk. So it really is like she just disappeared... :(

I see now she was last seen at 1 pm. I must have forgotten that detail when I just posted and asked if we knew what time she left home.

I agree Belimom - this was just 2 days after Christmas - surely someone saw her walking.

And now we hear from czgtz that Hailey's friend did not talk with Hailey at all on Monday. wow.

I had my wild days too. But, 13 yrs old is a far cry from 15 or 16. Is she in Middle School?

We started seeing older boys covering for each other etc. at 11,12,13, but like i said she waaaay different than my wild group. She would fall in what we would have called. A goody-goody. Back then (not too long ago) that was a bsd thing. Looking back, I wish I would have been one too :)

Respectivly snipped from czgtz's post:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE: As I was finishing this up, I spoke with Billie, who said that police have brought in bloodhounds. The dogs did pick up a scent. Also, a neighbor saw Hailey on the phone in her backyard for about 30 minutes Monday afternoon. A woman has come forward and said that she is fairly certain that she saw Hailey with another girl and a boy walking late Monday evening. It has also come to light that Hailey had been talking to a boy in a neighboring town. The police are investigating these leads. Hopefully, this new information will lead us to Hailey.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

We dont have alot to go by at all but I bolded the above about the woman maybe seeing Hailey walking with a boy and girl... Who are they ? Most certainly they would have spilled by now....

Was Mom aware before she went to work that Hailey was planning on spending the night with this friend?

Or was it something she found out after she came home from work?

What hours did Mom work that day?

Have they called for any assistance? Texas Rangers? FBI? Who would help in the state of Texas on a case like this (other than TES)?

This is all I can find on "assistance"....probably not what you're looking for...but...

From czgtz here:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5957584&postcount=141"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TX TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010[/ame]

I know that Hailey's picture and info have gone out first regionally and then statewide to any agency with a Copsync system. I saw that another poster whose husband was with the Abilene PD have him call our PD and offer assistance, but got an answering machine. Did Chief Bivins return his call and take him up on the offer? The Texas Rangers know that Hailey is missing, but will they come in if local LE calls it a runaway? And at this point, if there is no evidence of anything, no one admits to knowing anything, and the searches have turned up a whole lot of nothing, then what else can be done at this point besides making sure it gets media attention (which, by the way, there needs to be more of)?

Was Mom aware before she went to work that Hailey was planning on spending the night with this friend?

Or was it something she found out after she came home from work?

What hours did Mom work that day?

Good question. You would think she would have asked her mom for permission before she left for work or called her on the phone.

I don't think the Texas Rangers or the FBI will come in on this case if local PD classifies it as a runaway....I would certainly like to know more information as to WHY this has been classified as a runaway in the first place.

According to this article - they had help with the search from the TDCJ -

snipped.......
Colorado City police officers were out in force today, December 31, following new leads in the disappearance of a missing Colorado City middle schooler. Law enforcement tracking teams with TDCJ joined in the search, according to Interim Police Chief John Bivins.
http://ccitynews.net/news/story/2010/12/police-track-new-leads-search-missing-girl

TDCJ - Texas Department of Criminal Justice
http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/

We did an interview with Hailey's mom on our noon news today. Thanks to czgtz for setting that up and for all of your help!

Hi Cat... you are a wonderful friend. After going back and reading most of this thread I noticed where the all these great sleuthers have given you the vital info needed. My prayers are with all of you back home. Thanks again sleuthers.

Well this just chaps my a.....
"They have not issued an Amber Alert because there is no evidence of a violent abduction"
Really? Since no one knows what happened, howz about erring on the side of caution and consider it an abduction until more information is obtained and can ruled otherwise. This young girl may need help.....
http://www.ktxs.com/news/26311705/detail.html

What about contacting Mark Klaas and get him going on it? Maybe he could get in touch with Nancy Grace about it.

This is all I can find on "assistance"....probably not what you're looking for...but...

From czgtz here:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TX TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010

I know that Hailey's picture and info have gone out first regionally and then statewide to any agency with a Copsync system. I saw that another poster whose husband was with the Abilene PD have him call our PD and offer assistance, but got an answering machine. Did Chief Bivins return his call and take him up on the offer? The Texas Rangers know that Hailey is missing, but will they come in if local LE calls it a runaway? And at this point, if there is no evidence of anything, no one admits to knowing anything, and the searches have turned up a whole lot of nothing, then what else can be done at this point besides making sure it gets media attention (which, by the way, there needs to be more of)?

Assistance and/or available resources were offered as a professional courtesy, since APD was aware that their department had endured some pretty deep cuts in staffing. (They no longer have 7 officers; I believe they lost more than half.) CCPD said they had it covered. That was the beginning and end of APD involvement. All of my posts after that are my opinions only, and I am just a mom.

According to previous posts by czgtz who is confirmed as a source, the only person who Hailey supposedly told about a sleepover or stopping by Dad's home is Mom's boyfriend. He has told police that he was alone with Hailey at her mom's home when she told him she was leaving and where she was going. He is apparently the only one she told, and no, he does not live with them, he was just there. There have been zero confirmed sightings after that and no communication thru Myspace of Facebook. Hailey did not have a cell phone. All of this info is from czgtz's posts. If you go to her profile page, you can get a list of all of her posts for quicker reading if you want to.

is there an age requirement for MS? Haileys lists her as 17

I think alot of young girls do that. I believe that Brittany Smith's said something like 16 and she's 12. I posted this earlier, but it really bothers me to see these young girls on FB and MS - using curse words to sound cool, etc. And having everything available to the public, to anyone - to us, to SOs, to anyone. I didn't see her parents listed as friends on either site. I saw one adult on FB who would ask her 'what does that mean' when she would do something like quote crazy lyrics from a song. It's so important for parents to have a visible presence on their children's internet sites. Seriously. Something needs to be done... it should be a requirement that a parent not just give permission but also be a 'friend' and have access.

Sorry - just on my soapbox about the internet and young teens...

Assistance and/or available resources were offered as a professional courtesy, since APD was aware that their department had endured some pretty deep cuts in staffing. (They no longer have 7 officers; I believe they lost more than half.) CCPD said they had it covered. That was the beginning and end of APD involvement. All of my posts after that are my opinions only, and I am just a mom.

According to previous posts by czgtz who is confirmed as a source, the only person who Hailey supposedly told about a sleepover or stopping by Dad's home is Mom's boyfriend. He has told police that he was alone with Hailey at her mom's home when she told him she was leaving and where she was going. He is apparently the only one she told, and no, he does not live with them, he was just there. There have been zero confirmed sightings after that and no communication thru Myspace of Facebook. Hailey did not have a cell phone. All of this info is from czgtz's posts. If you go to her profile page, you can get a list of all of her posts for quicker reading if you want to.

Bold in Red by me......Why?

If they only have 7 police officers then in my opinion Haliegh's family needs to plead with State Police. Where I am in PA we have ONE town cop but have to go to the next town over to deal with actual police. In my opinion maybe contact police from a neighboring town with a bigger barracks would get people more onto this case.

FYI... when the principle of the Middle School is the one organizing the search tells you a lot. Not to downplay him by any means... he is a Great person.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back