TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Please, fellow sleuthers. Let's help find this baby... She lives in the small town I consider home... I enjoyed raising my children in Colorado City, TX. My daughter still lives there and just mentioned this today. Here is the link to the local paper... it may only be printed weekly.

http://ccitynews.net/

Please, I have not heard anything... can anyone give me a quick synopsis of the situation.

Thank you

Hi StrayKat,

Hailey is being treated as a runaway by LE as they have no evidence of foul play. There are some of us on WS who do not believe that she is the runaway type. Colorado City is small enough that LE and a band of citizens could have lapped every square inch of it a few times now.

Mother Billie is giving interviews and posters have been put out including surrounding towns.

Don't know what else to say.

I'm following closely and writing e-mails and hoping she is found safe!

This one has me stumped... Has there been info on what she took from the house for the overnight visit. Was she walking, riding a bike, taking a bus, did someone take her there? Are there RSO close to her address? Why no Amber Alert? Do we need another kind of alert for kids who go missing but we aren't sure they have been abducted... SIGH.. breaks my heart..

Hello,

I live in Colorado City, and Hailey's mom, Billie, is one of my dearest friends. I would like to answer some of the questions that have been raised here, and add some information to what has already been posted.

First of all, a little background information. Hailey lives with her mom, Billie, and her 16 year old brother, David, in the 1800 block of Chestnut St., Colorado City, TX. Billie's boyfriend frequently stays there also. Billie and Hailey's dad, Clint, are divorced. Clint and his girlfriend live nearly directly across the street from Billie.

On Monday, December 27th, Billie was at work in Snyder, TX. Her boyfriend was at her home with Hailey. David was in and out, but not home when Hailey left. Hailey told her mom's boyfriend that she was going to walk across the street to see her dad, and then go on to her friend's house to spend the night. As previously mentioned, Colorado City is a very small town. Kids here walk around pretty freely. Hailey did not take anything with her when she left the house.

Tuesday afternoon, Billie told David to text Hailey's friend to tell her to come home. Hailey does not have her own cell phone. Hailey's friend told David that she never arrived on Monday. This seems to be a grey area... Hailey's friend is saying that she did not know for sure if Hailey was coming over or not. At this point, Billie was understandably panicked. She contacted Clint's girlfriend, who first said that yes, Hailey did come over Monday, but later said that she was not sure if she saw her or not. Another grey area. At this point, it is like Hailey disappeared into thin air while crossing the street.

The police were contacted, and an investigation was started. The Colorado City Police Department, the Mitchell County Sheriff's Department, and the District Attorney and that office's investigators are all involved. While the law enforcement agencies have done some searching, an official 'man-hunt' type search has not been held. Someone to give polygraphs came in today, but I do not think any have been given yet.

Quite a few people - friends, family, aquaintances, neighbors - have been interviewed. Friends and family have been putting up fliers here in Colorado City and in neighboring communities. Local moms have searched the park and other areas for signs of Hailey. Prayer vigils are set to be held. We are doing everything we can think of. The only thing that has not been done is for Billie to try and find a TV station to let her make an on air plea for Hailey's safe return. She is supposed to meet with KTXS this coming Monday, but of course we are hoping that Hailey will be back home by then.

Billie is a good person and a loving mom. She is beside herself at this point, and does not know what to think. Despite rumors to the contrary, Hailey has never run away before.

Rumors of course are flying: Hailey's body has been found, Hailey has run away with her boyfriend, Hailey is hiding here in town at someone's house that no one would think to look, etc. etc. etc. We don't know what to think or what to believe. Right now we are just hoping and praying for Hailey's safe return. It warms my heart to see people who don't even know us doing all they can to help. Please continue to keep Hailey and her family in your thoughts and prayers.

If anyone has any other questions, I will do my best to answer them. Ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much.

UPDATE: As I was finishing this up, I spoke with Billie, who said that police have brought in bloodhounds. The dogs did pick up a scent. Also, a neighbor saw Hailey on the phone in her backyard for about 30 minutes Monday afternoon. A woman has come forward and said that she is fairly certain that she saw Hailey with another girl and a boy walking late Monday evening. It has also come to light that Hailey had been talking to a boy in a neighboring town. The police are investigating these leads. Hopefully, this new information will lead us to Hailey.

I am bumping cztgz's post for those of us that are just coming in.

She is a dear friend of Haileys mother, she has been wonderful in helping keep us updated. :blowkiss:

As far as RSO in the area there are 24, almost half have comitted crimes against children Hailey's age, and we are not sure if the have been interviewed or not.
I will be back with the link in just a sec.....

ETA: Here is the link, it does expire at some point I just search the zipcode (79512):

https://records.txdps.state.tx.us/D...dex.aspx?PageIndex=Results&SearchType=Zipcode

I am bumping cztgz's post for those of us that are just coming in.

She is a dear friend of Haileys mother, she has been wonderful in helping keep us updated. :blowkiss:

As far as RSO in the area there are 24, almost half have comitted crimes against children Hailey's age, and we are not sure if the have been interviewed or not.
I will be back with the link in just a sec.....

ETA: Here is the link, it does expire at some point I just search the zipcode (79512):

https://records.txdps.state.tx.us/D...dex.aspx?PageIndex=Results&SearchType=Zipcode

RSO with the last name of Matthews lives on the same street as Hailey and his offense was against a 7 year old. Wonder if he has been thoroughly investigated.

One more thing.... I don't have time to clear up all of the questions that have been raised in the past couple of hours because I have to get ready and get to the prayer vigil for Hailey, but there is one thing that I absolutely must set straight.

Billie's boyfriend and Clint's girlfriend are NOT related in any way, shape, or form. Even though I already knew that, I called Billie and checked with her before I posted. She said absolutely not.

I would like to know why you would even think that... or where you heard it. I promise that I am not trying to be rude, but bringing up something like that, which IMO is ridiculous, only further muddies the waters in an already very difficult situation.

EDIT: Thanks for bumping my post mysticrose. Hopefully that will clear up a lot. Everyone please continue to pray for Hailey's safe return.

BBM. That's something I'd like clarified if anyone has a definite answer.

Was it ever confirmed that there was a planned sleepover that night or did that info come from the BF who claims that Hailey mentioned a sleepover? TIA.

snipped from czgtz post

On Monday, December 27th, Billie was at work in Snyder, TX. Her boyfriend was at her home with Hailey. DD (Hailey's brother) was in and out, but not home when Hailey left. Hailey told her mom's boyfriend that she was going to walk across the street to see her dad, and then go on to her friend's house to spend the night. As previously mentioned, Colorado City is a very small town. Kids here walk around pretty freely. Hailey did not take anything with her when she left the house.

Tuesday afternoon, Billie told DD to text Hailey's friend to tell her to come home. Hailey does not have her own cell phone. Hailey's friend told DD that she never arrived on Monday. This seems to be a grey area... Hailey's friend is saying that she did not know for sure if Hailey was coming over or not. At this point, Billie was understandably panicked. She contacted Clint's girlfriend, who first said that yes, Hailey did come over Monday, but later said that she was not sure if she saw her or not. Another grey area. At this point, it is like Hailey disappeared into thin air while crossing the street.

OMG guys bomb @RichelleCarey on twitter right now. She is on there and hardly no @replies at the moment. If we get her @replies going with things on Hailey she will take notice.

RSO with the last name of Matthews lives on the same street as Hailey and his offense was against a 7 year old. Wonder if he has been thoroughly investigated.

I agree elepher...

There are a few of them that I hope have been thoroughly investigated on this list... as far as I am concerned no matter how far they live from her they all need to be looked at....jmo

I would like to know why you would even think that... or where you heard it. I promise that I am not trying to be rude, but bringing up something like that, which IMO is ridiculous, only further muddies the waters in an already very difficult situation.

I was the one that asked. It was in no way meant to cause an issue. I just got something crossed somewhere and was trying to correct my understanding. I apologize.

My dial up is apparently too slow for twitter so Ill leave that up to those who can access it. Im moving on to e-mail anyone I can possibly think of. Good luck all!

I don't know what to think, My friends and I were "the wild kids" growing up. We would totally covered for each other all the time in regards to is so and so staying the night with you, so they could go meet up with boy friends or older friends their parents didn't want them hanging out with. I can tell you had Facebook and all that stuff been around then, our posts updates etc would have been MUCH more wild than Haileys whose are calm tame, normal and average for a good girl. Maybe her friend is covering for her, but I can tell you even as the wild adult hating teen that i was, I would have spilled my guts after just a few days, and DID just that when friends decided to run away with their boyfriends and stuff.

Hailey PLEASE come home!!

I don't know what to think, My friends and I were "the wild kids" growing up. We would totally covered for each other all the time in regards to is so and so staying the night with you, so they could go meet up with boy friends or older friends their parents didn't want them hanging out with. I can tell you had Facebook and all that stuff been around then, our posts updates etc would have been MUCH more wild than Haileys whose are calm tame, normal and average for a good girl. Maybe her friend is covering for her, but I can tell you even as the wild adult hating teen that i was, I would have spilled my guts after just a few days, and DID just that when friends decided to run away with their boyfriends and stuff.

Hailey PLEASE come home!!

Thats exactly what has me thinking she didnt leave by her own choice KWIM

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro