TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One last thing I wanted to point out. Although these other agencies are on the scene. IIRC, the local police are still the lead and call the shots while the others are there to assist, FBI included. Please correct me if I am wrong. I have to wonder how well and nicely all the agencies are working with one another. Hopefully well, for Hailey's sake.

There was a link at the end of the last thread that said local LE had turned it over to the FBI and Rangers.

Does anyone know if CPS (Child Protective Services, for you non-Texans) has ever been called to investigate the family? This would be part of the public record if an official visit was ever made at any time over the years.

It would be public record, yes, but after reading the TDFPS (Texas Department Family Protective Services) it looks like the only way to obtain a copy of those records is to request them at the nearest TDFPS office..

There was a link at the end of the last thread that said local LE had turned it over to the FBI and Rangers.

Thank you for pointing this out. I didn't go all the way back to read. If that is the case, wonder why they are still releasing all these confusing statements. Unless, this is going to be an FBI tactic :waitasec:

Does anyone know if CPS (Child Protective Services, for you non-Texans) has ever been called to investigate the family? This would be part of the public record if an official visit was ever made at any time over the years.
That's an interesting thing to look into.. I would not know where to start??

I linked it, It was the ex mayor that said it. I would think if the investigation was indeed turned over, Sparky wouldn't be giving the interviews. But what do I know?:waitasec:

And Jonathan Foster. I was convinced it was the mom's BF... Boy, were we all wrong there. Last one known to have seen Jonathan, too.

Me Too! I thought he was the one because the timing was so close,I thought no way did someone else do it.If the girls saw her last at a park across town it would be in a different area that they would need to bring the search dogs to.

It would be public record, yes, but after reading the TDFPS (Texas Department Family Protective Services) it looks like the only way to obtain a copy of those records is to request them at the nearest TDFPS office..

Okay. But we haven't seen this reported anywhere? I would think the reporters would be all over a CPS history, but the reporting in this case has been different, to put it nicely.

I linked it, It was the ex mayor that said it. I would think if the investigation was indeed turned over, Sparky wouldn't be giving the interviews. But what do I know?:waitasec:

They might keep him in the loop, and have him be the spokesperson.In Brittany Smith case the local sheriff was the spokesperson even with the FBI involved.

I am at a loss of words at this point. If they have enough information to make a bold statement, that they believe she is "hiding out" then why have they not located her? I hope they are not solely taking the word from classmates as I have a hunch they could end up with egg on their face or this is a tactic being used to gain information. Regardless, if being used as a tactic, it is somewhat reckless as it may take away momentum of volunteers and spotlight away from town, IMAGINE THAT! So which tactic is anyone's guess.

With HD having potential history of some discord or disagreements, as anyone could have in their own respective families. It is quite possible that some information obtained could be that of past and even current "issues" HD may have been having leading to this new hunch of the LE. But the real question needing to be answered is that the reason for her disappearance, voluntarily or involuntarily? If they are going on the voluntary route, I am looking more at bio dad and family, maybe. At this point it is anyone's guess.

BBM That's just it. Whatever information that they obtained that lead to their new hunch could also be the perfect reason that HD would be vulnerable to a predator. Predators search out kids from broken homes. So what I am saying is how can you rule out that she has been taken? Just because she could have run away doesn't mean she did. LE must have some more pertinent info that I can't figure out. Even if HD talked of running away, it doesn't rule out that she was abducted while running away.

MOO

Sparky is the spokesperson for the RANGERS.

Two things that throw me for a loop here:

1. Mom, even though she sounds sincere and believable, said she and several others failed their polys....but LE says no results were given. Is she lying? Are they lying?

2. LE (including State Troopers, whom I respect) say they think Hailey is hiding. Really? What is leading them in this direction? What did they learn that makes them think this so powerfully that they would risk their reputation by saying this so convincingly in the media?
you hit the nail on the head. either the mom was told the results, or she's lying, & what has LE learned, that points to runaway? if LE did tell her the results, why are they lying? or why would Billie lie? maybe because she knew she & Shawn weren't being truthful? there, I said it. & as bad as I hate to say this, because I know LE can legally lie, I'm gonna go with them on this one. I have to, because I think they're doing their job, the best they can, & they're being ambushed by the misinformation & lies, from those closest to Hailey. So, what could they have possibly learned, about Hailey's life, to think her hiding, is a real possibility? It could be anything. But, with that said, I hope they're running a counter BIG investigation, into Hailey being gone, involuntarily.

Can't anyone file for info under the Freedom of information act???

No. You can't

Because CPS deals with the welfare of children, case files are confidential. LE can get that information.

In my experience, CPS often misuses the confidentiality to hide their own mistakes. But that's another topic;)

That information is confidential and unattainable to us as sleuthers.

I know it is confidential but sometimes it is in the media when they are involved with a family but they do not disclose the reason they were involved.In NJ DYFS answers to no one and is a CYA agency. I was and am still in a nightmare with them about my Grandson.

That information is confidential and unattainable to us as sleuthers.

Only unattainable because the media hasn't reported it. They usually are quick to mention any history of CPS involvement down here.

No. You can't

Because CPS deals with the welfare of children, case files are confidential. LE can get that information.

In my experience, CPS often misuses the confidentiality to hide their own mistakes. But that's another topic;)
Thanks
LOL I am in complete agreement with you on the last part ;)

you hit the nail on the head. either the mom was told the results, or she's lying, & what has LE learned, that points to runaway? if LE did tell her the results, why are they lying? or why would Billie lie? maybe because she knew she & Shawn weren't being truthful? there, I said it. & as bad as I hate to say this, because I know LE can legally lie, I'm gonna go with them on this one. I have to, because I think they're doing their job, the best they can, & they're being ambushed by the misinformation & lies, from those closest to Hailey. So, what could they have possibly learned, about Hailey's life, to think her hiding, is a real possibility? It could be anything. But, with that said, I hope they're running a counter BIG investigation, into Hailey being gone, involuntarily.

I so hope you're right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members