TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is true; however, (for those not familiar), Facebook has privacy settings. Hailey's was set for public viewing by anyone and everyone. Facebook also has sort of an instant messenger/private chat.

My youngest daughter had a few weirdos send her messages and try to friend her. So, it is possible that Hailey could "chat" via the IM feature and no one would be the wiser.

Just as a general warning: Please set all of your facebook privacy settings to "friends only." You have to do this manually as it is not the default for Facebook. That way, not every Tom, Dirk and Harry can read your wall or see your posts.

I was surprise that it wasn't private.

I thought I heard BD say last night it was unusual for Hailey to be outside using the phone & she only did that on occasion to have privacy & to limit any family background noise..Then how do we explain at least 1 neighbor if not more (?) claiming she spent tons of time out in the yard "talking" on the phone?

And going into that shed alot for whatever reason which may not be connected to phone use..As in mom's prepaid cell..Was she texting on a phone mom didn't know about? Or maybe she was smoking pot in there? That wouldn't shock me at all..All teens need a place to do that IF they're into it which much MANY are & have been for years.

IIRC, BD also began to say something about why would she do that (be out in the yard talking) IF nobody was home but got cut off by NG..I'm wondering if she even realized that comment was throwing SA under the bus..I have a feeling she didn't but I could be wrong.

Which is why I think it would be so important for LE to have that ITouch to find out what apps were downloaded on it and what she was capable of doing with it IMO.

Does anyone know if she had a Google Voice account? This is one of the things needed to make/receive phone calls. But, aside from that, someone can call a Google Voice number and their message is transcribed into your Google Voice account.

In order to set up the account, though, you do have to provide an initial phone number for verification purposes. Once you provide that number, though, you can set it up so that it doesn't actually ring that number and it only transcribes messages.

So, in other words, she could get a Google number, use a friend's phone number as the "verification number" and then set it up so that any calls she received were sent to her as transcribed emails.

Another important issue is related to drawing unemployment. If you are "Fired", you are able to draw unemployment. I you quit, you are NOT able to draw unemployment! Therefore, some bosses try to make to employee mad enough to quit...them they are not able to draw unemployment compensation from to employer's unemployment insurance.

So my question is...Did SA quit his job or was he fired?

True...but this does not appear to be the case. I just posted the link. The woman's comments that I referenced in my earlier post are actually in this link...which is a 'sublink' (if that is even a word) of the other one

http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=167742656603756&id=559951597

I had the wrong initials...the lady's initials you need to look for in the post are RG.

Really? Which apps? I had no idea it could be done.

Another note on iTouches (apple devices in general) where you can either purchase apps from he device itself or from a computer. If the app is downloaded from a computer, then....there would be a trail on the computer hard drive it was downloaded from, I believe.

4-H, cheerleading etc etc... I swear she just doesn't seem like a run away.. not at all..... :(

To clear something up, in order to make calls from an itouch it must be the newest version, 4th generation. Older ones cannot do it. If Hailey got hers for Christmas last year it would not have been the newest version.

I thought I heard BD say last night it was unusual for Hailey to be outside using the phone & she only did that on occasion to have privacy & to limit any family background noise..Then how do we explain at least 1 neighbor if not more (?) claiming she spent tons of time out in the yard "talking" on the phone?

And going into that shed alot for whatever reason which may not be connected to phone use..As in mom's prepaid cell..Was she texting on a phone mom didn't know about? Or maybe she was smoking pot in there? That wouldn't shock me at all..All teens need a place to do that IF they're into it which much MANY are & have been for years.

IIRC, BD also began to say something about why would she do that (be out in the yard talking) IF nobody was home but got cut off by NG..I'm wondering if she even realized that comment was throwing SA under the bus..I have a feeling she didn't but I could be wrong.

I'm guessing that the neighbor might have been correct. How would BD know if she was on the phone inside or outside when she was not there? We know what we would like to believe our kids do when we are gone, but now that mine are grown, turns out that what I 'thought' they were doing while I was at work was not always the case.

The neighbor had no reason to lie about it, I think. He may creep us out, but neighbors who have a vantage point usually do see more than we realize.

I had a creepy neighbor once (young mother with a new baby at home) who one day said to me, "I see you have a dog crate now in the family room. Are you getting a puppy?" Her house was on the opposite side of my driveway and the only way she would have known this was if she was looking through my patio door that faced her house. She also commented on the fact that I was exercising more than she was because, apparently, she watched me while I was Sweating to the Oldies with Richard Simmons on my TV. Needless to say, we shut the blinds a lot more after that.

I posted this way back on thread #5 (1/6) after I took a look at SA's MySpace..

I've been meaning to say SD's MySpace reminds me a lot of the accused 'killer' of Mackenzie Cowell..Even if he's completely innocent re: Hailey I still wouldn't want to be around someone who has this 'type' of fascination..I don't consider it 'normal' & I'd be scared to death (no pun) of them..Anyone who's seen it knows what I'm talking about.

The funny thing is I expected many to agree with me but few did..That made me feel kinda WEIRD! But since more's come out re: other photos including masks (that I haven't seen yet) the consensus has changed..I just want to say now I don't feel so WEIRD anymore. TY! :)

CZ

Was Billie aware of the dress up pictures and masks? :waitasec:

I missed this? What dress up and masks are we talking about?

Edited to add, never mind, should of kept on reading. :)

I posted this way back on thread #5 (1/6) after I took a look at SA's MySpace..

I've been meaning to say SD's MySpace reminds me a lot of the accused 'killer' of Mackenzie Cowell..Even if he's completely innocent re: Hailey I still wouldn't want to be around someone who has this 'type' of fascination..I don't consider it 'normal' & I'd be scared to death (no pun) of them..Anyone who's seen it knows what I'm talking about.

The funny thing is I expected many to agree with me but few did..That made me feel kinda WEIRD! But since more's come out re: other photos including masks (that I haven't seen yet) the consensus has changed..I just want to say now I don't feel so WEIRD anymore. TY! :)

I agree with you. I may not have seen your first post on this. I'm a bit behind on these lightning-fast threads sometimes. It also occurred to me that the Virginia Tech and Northern IL U. shooters had these types of videos, photos, and dark fascinations as well.

Billie Dean told KTAB News all the back-and-forth along with people beginning to point the finger at her and her family is very frustrating.

“It’s completely ridiculous how people who don’t know me judge me or my home life or the way I parent," said Dunn. "I feel like I’m a wonderful mom. Although I lost my daughter, I did the best I could and I will continue to do so.”

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=330096

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member