TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Florida?:waitasec: How odd.

The last sentence in this article is unreal..."while it has been nearly two weeks since H disappeared...parents are not even close to giving up?"

Makes it sound as though they should have given up already :(

IMO, if BD knew Hailey had an iPod Touch, or any other device that she could use to make free calls, she would not have left the phone she had to buy minutes for at the house for Hailey to use. Which means Hailey did not have such a device, or BD did not KNOW she had such a device.
SO... Asking BD if Hailey had this sort of device would probably result in being told she did not. If Hailey did have one, I doubt her mom knew it.

She could not have made free calls from their home because they had no internet service. There would be no way to know for sure that she could "borrow" service from an unsecured neighborhood wireless connection, because that connection at any one time could have been turned off or have a code added to it. Even it they KNEW that there was unsecured wireless next door, BD could not make calls TO a device like that, so it would have been useless in her calling the house from her work phone.

jmo

I'll try. They brought in bloodhounds that track a live, human scent. To find (and track) a dead body you need to use a cadavar dog. Different training - different dogs.

I have not heard a word about any cadavar dogs brought in.

SARX - am I right?

i was told yesterday by a person from Snyder they were suppose to bring in the cadaver dogs yesterday but have not heard for certain if they did or not

One of the super many things I find strange is the fact that SA didn't call BD to tell her he got fired. I think of myself and my husband we are each others support system. So he got in an argument and let go from his work and BD didn't know until 2 days later? That is well, weird in and of itself.

Back to the whole getting fired thing...there is a woman on FB who claims to be the wife of a former co-worker of his whose story is that the 'getting fired' part is not quite as it appears. I cannot find the link right now, and I know that there are a lot of odd posts on that site...but it might be worth researching, as it all falls into the timeline thing. Wish I could find it, but I cannot. It is on one of the 'Find Haley' FB pages. I think (might be wrong, though) that the poster's intials are RF. Sorry to be so cryptic...but if he quit his job instead of being fired...it appears to be a "whole 'nother" twist to this winding path. Usually people will lie about the opposite -- might gloss over being fired to say that they quit, but not usually quit and say they were fired, do they?

Curiouser and curiouser...

IMO, if BD knew Hailey had an iPod Touch, or any other device that she could use to make free calls, she would not have left the phone she had to buy minutes for at the house for Hailey to use. Which means Hailey did not have such a device, or BD did not KNOW she had such a device.
SO... Asking BD if Hailey had this sort of device would probably result in being told she did not. If Hailey did have one, I doubt her mom knew it.

I has been confirmed, Hailey did have such a device. She was NOT making calls with this device, given it is not a phone. But she could use this device to post on facebook and text by simply down loading an app.

I been reading HD face book and this might been has already posted.

11/25/2010 Hailey installed Iphone Application on her phone. per facebook page.

Also I see that Hailey facebook page looks to me like an adult was keeping eye on Hailey comments.. this lady questioned things that might be alarming..turn out to be song.

Okay I have to post on the subject of phones and ipods because we seem to keep going around and around on this subject :

Pre-paid phones : Pre paid phones are completely TRACEABLE with only one slight difference - they will ping off of any providers tower. The reason people choose pre paid phones are either 1. They do not have a credit score to enter into a contract with a company. 2. They want to make sure they do not "go over" in their minutes.
Pre paid phones typically have all the functions of a regular phone (texting, IM, video, photos, etc.) It was stated a couple threads ago that a prepaid phone may not have a camera - but I can tell you that a cell phone without a camera IS VERY VERY hard to find (including pre paids).

Ipod Touch - This website outlines the features of an ipod touch http://www.apple.com/ipodtouch/features/ . I think the easiest way to think of it is as a mini laptop. It can do pretty much anything a lap top does - but it cannot make direct phone calls (unless you are using Skype - which is a video call software). It can use ANY app that the iphone has and can connect to just about any website (including facebook, ms, etc.) . You connect over any wifi - business or open personal. There is no monthly cost involved. You'd be surprised who has open wifi's. Pretty much all our businesses here do and many of our neighbors.... my daughter was connected via Lube Stops wifi the other day. I live in a rural area and SIX wifi connections show in my home - three of them open.

Ipod Touch has apps that are very popular with the teen groups. I'm sure it varies by area but OMEGLE is very popular here. Basically it immediately connects you with a random person and via text or video you can speak with them. They can be anywhere in the world. There are some real FREAKS on Omegle.

HD posted in Nov 2009 that she got an ipod touch for Christmas. I have to say that I take this to mean a TRUE ipod touch. Kids differentiate between real ones and fake ones. She would have known a "knock off" and probably wouldn't have posted that she got an ipod touch. IMO .

PLUS we know she was posting to her facebook and it was saying "posted with my iphone" (which is what it says when using an ipod touch).

A note about "knock off" ipod touches - there are brands (posted upthread) that are very good knock offs and have all the capabilities of the itouch. It's also easy to get a TRUE ipod touch "FAKE" from overseas via online ordering. No matter WHICH of these you use, the application you install from facebook is the iphone application and it will post as if you have an iphone.

As a side note : People hack their ipods / iphones / knock offs all the time. They figure out ways to MAKE them work even when they "shouldn't" or shouldn't be able to do something.

Hope that clears some things up :)

I been reading HD face book and this might been has already posted.

11/27/2010 Hailey installed Iphone Application on her phone. per facebook page.

Also I see that Hailey facebook page looks to me like an adult was keeping eye on Hailey comments.. this lady questioned things that might be alarming..turn out to be song.

This is true; however, (for those not familiar), Facebook has privacy settings. Hailey's was set for public viewing by anyone and everyone. Facebook also has sort of an instant messenger/private chat.

My youngest daughter had a few weirdos send her messages and try to friend her. So, it is possible that Hailey could "chat" via the IM feature and no one would be the wiser.

Just as a general warning: Please set all of your facebook privacy settings to "friends only." You have to do this manually as it is not the default for Facebook. That way, not every Tom, Dirk and Harry can read your wall or see your posts.

http://www.newswest9.com/Global/story.asp?S=13819238

Although Clint lives in Snyder everyday sun up and sun down he's doing all he can to help bring Hailey home.

Bad reporting? I didn't think Clint lived in Snyder ?

"I don't want the public to forget about Hailey's search because someone's got her, I don't want no one to forget that," Hailey's Father, Clint Dunn, said.

Forget because someone has "got her" ? Sounds to me like CD feels like she's a runaway too ??

Has mom or anyone said she has such a phone? could have been using someone elses. Maybe her poor little best friend that is getting raked over the coals for no reason.

Could one of our wonderful mapping members pull up a satellite link, zoomed in to the mapped area posted upthread, with a slight widened area to the East?
TIA if anyone is able to do this...my mapping program makes the link dead when I try....

Post # 1

Unless what you are saying can be verified by law enforcement and/or the media, it is not considered a "fact" here. You may personally know for 100% certainty that it is true, but unless you are verified and/or can back it up with a link, we do have to consider it to be a rumor. This is not to single anyone out or to ignore information, but to maintain the integrity of a case and keep the best interests of the victims at the forefront.

I has been confirmed, Hailey did have such a device. She was NOT making calls with this device, given it is not a phone. But she could use this device to post on facebook and text by simply down loading an app.

My DD has an iPod Touch and it *can* be used to make/receive free calls IF you know what you are doing. It requires downloading a couple of free apps and it is only usable on wifi, but it absolutely CAN be done.

Although Clint lives in Snyder everyday sun up and sun down he's doing all he can to help bring Hailey home.

"I don't want the public to forget about Hailey's search because someone's got her, I don't want no one to forget that," Hailey's Father, Clint Dunn, said.

Forget because someone has "got her" ? Sounds to me like CD feels like she's a runaway too ??

Clint had to move recently so I suppose that's where he is living now. BD's friend posted this information last night. I'll try to locate the post and bring it forward for you bellyup.

Edited to add link to post... [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5992697&postcount=58"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TX TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #13[/ame]

Billie's friend told us last night that Clint has had to move out of the home he shared with his GF (both of them moved, I believe?) due to the drug arrest during the search for H, as it violated Section 8/HUD regulations. :(

My DD has an iPod Touch and it *can* be used to make/receive free calls IF you know what you are doing. It requires downloading a couple of free apps and it is only usable on wifi, but it absolutely CAN be done.

Which is why I think it would be so important for LE to have that ITouch to find out what apps were downloaded on it and what she was capable of doing with it IMO.

Back to the whole getting fired thing...there is a woman on FB who claims to be the wife of a former co-worker of his whose story is that the 'getting fired' part is not quite as it appears. I cannot find the link right now, and I know that there are a lot of odd posts on that site...but it might be worth researching, as it all falls into the timeline thing. Wish I could find it, but I cannot. It is on one of the 'Find Haley' FB pages. I think (might be wrong, though) that the poster's intials are RF. Sorry to be so cryptic...but if he quit his job instead of being fired...it appears to be a "whole 'nother" twist to this winding path. Usually people will lie about the opposite -- might gloss over being fired to say that they quit, but not usually quit and say they were fired, do they?

Curiouser and curiouser...

Another important issue is related to drawing unemployment. If you are "Fired", you are able to draw unemployment. I you quit, you are NOT able to draw unemployment! Therefore, some bosses try to make to employee mad enough to quit...them they are not able to draw unemployment compensation from to employer's unemployment insurance.

So my question is...Did SA quit his job or was he fired?

Really? Which apps? I had no idea it could be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne