TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the same. I was under the impression that he could not take the first one because of the Ativan and then there was the whole brouhaha about LE telling her that he had failed his test right before she took hers.

Glad I'm not the only one who is scratching my head right now and thinking that I'm crazy!

BBM: Trust me msteach, you are not the only one scratching your head and thinking you're crazy. I'm either really slow on the uptake or the stories are changing faster than I can keep up. I'd like to think it's the latter, but more than likely, it's the former! LOL

I honestly see it as the same thing. It's a hobby that just seems creepy in this situation.

I definitely agree that in this situation, it can't be overlooked. I am just saying it may also turn out to be nothing. But I agree it is very creepy in this circumstance, especially if his "horror friends" come over to BD's house to hang out! Maybe one of them could be involved, you never know.

I think if Clint is willing, LE will be all over him saying that on TV tonight. I cannot believe he has not been asked?

I don't think Billie means or even knows that she is contradicting herself, I think she is frazzled and that may have affected her status with LE, she may have said some things to them that did not match what she said before. I do think she needs to stop worrying about SA, as hard as that is, until Hailey is home, he is a big boy and is free to speak to LE himself.

I am wondering if Hailey or her brother came across the old MS of their mom's with the nickname that someone said Billie used (referring to SA) as that is one reason they may not like him, if they don't. Kids do not like anything sexual about their parents even when they are together, even less with someone else.

BBM: Trust me msteach, you are not the only one scratching your head and thinking you're crazy. I'm either really slow on the uptake or the stories are changing faster than I can keep up. I'd like to think it's the latter, but more than likely, it's the former! LOL

So he took two, the first one was messed up supposedly because of the Ativan, but yet such a big deal was made out of the ones they failed being the first ones. IDK about all of this, we need a spread sheet to keep up.

czgtz asked that BD not be judged because of CD's future or past actions...is that really taking sides? :confused:

A search of website publicdata.com reveals no criminal histories for Billie Jean Dunn or for Shawn Adkins. Clint Dunn, however, has multiple arrests, starting in 1994 for burglary of a building, a state jail felony. Following that are subsequent arrests in 1998 for possession of marijuana, under 2 ounces, one in March 1999 for driving with a suspended license.

He was arrested again Jan. 30, 2010, by Snyder police for possession of marijuana under 2 ounces. And he was arrested at his home Dec. 29, again for possession of marijuana under 2 ounces, and a Scurry County warrant.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/08/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/
maybe not taking sides, but kind of pitting their bad qualities against each other. Billie has people discussing her failed poly, her pill use, her discrepancies, & then others comparing them to Clint's drug use, arrest record, etc...not judging Billie for Clint's actions, could just as easily be twisted into, not judging Clint for Billie's actions. & what does any of that mean? unless, it can be tied into this case, I just don't get the point. Does anybody think Clint living with his gf, in a hud house, is relevant? & I'm not trying to overly support Clint-even though it may seem that way, I just don't want the guy, judged too harshly. Personally, I'd like to see him take a LDT, but like I said earlier, if I was involved, I'd freak, at the idea.

Billie only took ONE polygraph. She was going to take one the same day that SA took his first one, but LE told them that his results were off because he took Ativan also, so she DID NOT take one that day. She told LE that she would not take Ativan until she took her poly, and asked them AT THAT TIME if she needed to stop taking the pain meds and abts, which was the only other thing she was taking. LE told her that those would not matter. She only brought it up because she thought on NG that they were accusing her of using drugs to skewer her results. She did not mention the Ativan again because she had already explained that.... she was not trying to be dishonest, and had no idea that she gave the impression on tonight's NG that she was changing her story.[/quote]

To those asking about CD, his house and such - he is no longer in the low income housing across the street/field from Billie's house. The Colorado City Housing Authority is very strict with the people who live in their properties. This property was in his GF's name, and from what I understand from several people he was not listed as an occupant (very big no no). Also, as was posted over and over here, and reported in several newspapers, LE found drugs when they searched for Hailey, which, along with a warrant, led to his arrest. Needless to say, I am quite sure that it did not take long at all for them to be ousted from there.

I do want everyone to also remember that while Hailey's parents have remained civil for the kids, it has been about 3 years since they were together. They split up for a reason (which just for the record I am saying now that I can't remember exactly why, and I will ignore all questions about that particular subject - it has no bearing on what is going on today), and if it wasn't for their mutual desire find Hailey, I do not believe for one minute that Billie would have much of anything at all to do with him (unless of course it was something about the kids).

I am not bashing CD..... I just do not want Billie to be judged by the things he has done, or anything that he might do in the future. (And for those of you who might need it spelled out - I am NOT referring to Hailey's disappearance in any way)

I just wanted to say Thank You for being such a good friend to Billie. I admire how Billie is able to stay so strong and to go on to Nancy Grace to keep the focus where it belongs and that is to bring Hailey home.It really is upsetting to see how parents get treated and words get twisted in the media IMO people want more info then just what is needed to find a missing child. I am standing behind Billie I just wish I lived closer to be able to help.

I was just using a dumpster as an example. I read, earlier in this case, that the dogs had hit on a location at the motel. Not that the dogs had tracked there, but had hit on a parking spot (correct me if I am wrong). So I was wondering if perhaps (Lord forbid) the worse happened, and someone had put her body in the trunk of a vehicle, went to the hotel for whatever reason, (hence no video proof of her at the hotel) and left shortly thereafter. Would a properly trained SAR have been able to pick her scent from that?

They brought in specific scent trailing dogs from the prison. I would be shocked if they were trained in HRD also, so to say "properly" trained is rough, cuz they are not cross trained. Area, trailing, HRD (human remains detection), water, avalanche.... they are all specific disciplines that require different training. There are some dogs that are cross trained in multiple disciplines, but it is a small percentage for a couple of reasons. It takes a special dog and it takes a whole lot more time.

I don't want to be critical here...my hubby is a chaplain for the Sherriff's office in our county so I know there are lots of dedicated Law Enforcement who try hard and do the best they can. But just compare this case to some other high profile cases recently like Zahra Baker in Hickory NC. LE can make or break a case by their public behavior and media comments. Few of these small town officers have ever faced such big crimes, yet some handle it very well while others look and act relatively clueless.

If LE is sincere, guarded but as honest as possible, professional, and determined, they earn the respect of the public. But if you come across as insincere or dishonest, then the public has no trust in you....and it ultimately hurts the case.

I am so confused, I no longer can tell you when Hailey was truly last seen....what she was wearing....who she last spoke with on the phone....who her closest friends are....whether her family passed or failed their polys....where the scent dogs ended up...when she played ball with her buddies and where.....and on it goes. There is really no excuse for the ongoing confusion. LE needs to set some of these things straight.....if they can.....and if they will.

So he took two, the first one was messed up supposedly because of the Ativan, but yet such a big deal was made out of the ones they failed being the first ones. IDK about all of this, we need a spread sheet to keep up.

An ironically, the Ativan should have helped him to pass according to most people's thinking on anti anxiety meds and polygraphs. :waitasec:

He's willing, LE hasn't gotten around to it but did take a DNA swab from him and Billie. Nope, neither has retained an attorney

That was a awkward on NG tonight. NG asked him about the poly, he really didn't give a definitive answer as to why. He then brought up the DNA swab as if to redeem himself. That is how I took it. JMO.

Also, he knew LE would be searching his house. He didn't think to flush is mary jane down the potty....seriously? IMO they may be waiting for the weed to get out of his system before they poly him. That would be one of many reasons he didn't respond to the poly question IMO.

I definitely agree that in this situation, it can't be overlooked. I am just saying it may also turn out to be nothing. But I agree it is very creepy in this circumstance, especially if his "horror friends" come over to BD's house to hang out! Maybe one of them could be involved, you never know.

That in itself wouldn't be so bad, but when you take it into consideration that a 13 year old girl is missing, he was the last to see her, he allegedly failed the poly, he lawyered up right away, IMO that means he is no longer talking to LE...which means he isn't helping to find her and put his own reputation before a child's life. A child he claimed to love..., LE says he isn't credible....it's just too many things when viewed together spells trouble.

she did well, yes, it was as plain as day that the same repeat questions are making her weary. I think she needs to do a news conference only speak directly to Hailey. The kind of thing, 'we want you to come home Hailey, no matter what is wrong we will fix it as a family etc. I think it would be good if she may think Hailey did go off with someone.

Billie holding a presser and talking only to Hailey is a good idea Beyond Belief. That way she could write down things she want's to say and she could proof read and get her thoughts together and not be put on the spot.

I think if Clint is willing, LE will be all over him saying that on TV tonight. I cannot believe he has not been asked?

I don't think Billie means or even knows that she is contradicting herself, I think she is frazzled and that may have affected her status with LE, she may have said some things to them that did not match what she said before. I do think she needs to stop worrying about SA, as hard as that is, until Hailey is home, he is a big boy and is free to speak to LE himself.

I am wondering if Hailey or her brother came across the old MS of their mom's with the nickname that someone said Billie used (referring to SA) as that is one reason they may not like him, if they don't. Kids do not like anything sexual about their parents even when they are together, even less with someone else.
Our parents have SEX!!!???:sick:

if Hailey walked thru the front door at around 3 and ran into SA in there, could she have walked into something she wasn't suppose to see?

I have been thinking of this as well. I think he purchased a new custom made mask a week or so beforehand. What if HD walked in when he was all decked out in his new gear?

I am confused, again. If Billie did not take the test right after hearing that Shawn failed, then why did she fail? I thought that was the reason she gave last week.

Billie holding a presser and talking only to Hailey is a good idea Beyond Belief. That way she could write down things she want's to say and she could proof read and get her thoughts together and not be put on the spot.
Yep, speak right to Hailey as has been done a doesn't times before by parents of missing children. For all we know we could have a pregnant embarrassed little girl out there hiding someplace. Who knows at this point what this is. If she ran, she needs to know that her family loves her and will support her no matter what.

That was a awkward on NG tonight. NG asked him about the poly, he really didn't give a definitive answer as to why. He then brought up the DNA swab as if to redeem himself. That is how I took it. JMO.

Also, he knew LE would be searching his house. He didn't think to flush is mary jane down the potty....seriously? IMO they may be waiting for the weed to get out of his system before they poly him. That would be one of many reasons he didn't respond to the poly question IMO.

Have you seen the price of weed? Flush it? :floorlaugh:

I don't indulge but I just might of my child were missing and I needed to calm myself down without prescription meds like Adivan or xanax.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx