TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously! Reading that make me sick. He would stand at her door....creepy!

HD's intuition was right.
If she ran away I don't blame her. I hope she is safely hidden by a loving family member.
But, I fear this is not the case. Creepy man leering at a 13 year old? Beyond inappropriate. How could BD/CD be blind to it?

From http://abcnews.go.com/US/shawn-adkins-named-person-interst-case-missing-texas/story?id=12608537

Hailey told her grandmother that Adkins would pace around the house at night, talking on his cell phone in the bathroom and peering into her bedroom.
"She had told me on a couple of occasions that...he walked around at night and she said that she could see his shadow standing at her door. She said, 'Nana, he scared me. I'm afraid he's going to come in there,'" Jones said.

That tears it!! :maddening: I would have been on the phone to Billie so fast...ugh

I wish we got to vote on the 'newsworthiness' of those docs.

It sounds like more of the same, but was explained that separate affidavits are needed to computers/media (which I believe are the two new ones) vs house/car (the ones released previously)...

Hailey Dunn, the Texas girl missing for nearly three weeks, was scared of her mother's boyfriend Shawn Adkins, and said he would stand in the doorway of her bedroom at night watching her."Hailey did not like him. She was afraid of him and she didn't want him there," Hailey's paternal grandmother, Connie Jones, told ABCNews.com today.

--------
another snip
--------

Hailey told her grandmother that Adkins would pace around the house at night, talking on his cell phone in the bathroom and peering into her bedroom.

"She had told me on a couple of occasions that...he walked around at night and she said that she could see his shadow standing at her door. She said, 'Nana, he scared me. I'm afraid he's going to come in there,'" Jones said.

------
one more snip
-------

Jones last saw the middle schooler on Christmas Day when Hailey tried to take a picture of her grandmother with her brand new ipod.

"It was a good day," Jones said. "She ate two pieces of chocolate pie and we sat and talked. She told me everything that she had gotten for Christmas."

Jones saw Adkins that day too. She said he was quiet and said nothing to her.

----
of course there is more at link
----

http://abcnews.go.com/US/shawn-adki...t-case-missing-texas/story?id=12608537&page=1
Ok - now that's predator behavior. Between this and those horrible creepy pictures and masks and watching slasher movies DAILY. This is one sick individual - whether he showed it or not.

Wonder who he was talking too at night while wandering around the house and peeking at Hailey?

I can't remember a recent case with so much harum/scarum searching going on, excuse my spelling. Usually LE takes charge and the state of Texas must have access to a large, trained group of volunteers, one would think, even if they don't want to use TES for some reason. How does it usually work in Texas, does each town just do their own searches?

With the FBI there I am suprised they have not issued a statement about searching, either to give guidelines or to ask people to just search their own properties...

Maybe it's the small town thing, I don't know. When my nephew was missing there was no formal police search for 72 hours. During those 72 hours we had family and friends and friends of friends out on 4 wheelers and in cars and on bikes searching anywhere we thought he might be. It's really hard to sit and do nothing. In retrospect , and after finding this site and reading what I have here, we never should have done that. But when a child is missing logic goes out the window and panic takes over.

im thinking that maybe SA keeps all his masks and collections at his cousins since they have the same interests. BUT where is the mask he got on 12/28??? where is the knife and chainsaw??

Purely speculation on my part, not to mention it being quite a stretch, but this kind of reminds me of Angelo Buono and his cousin Kenneth Bianchi.

Hailey Dunn, the Texas girl missing for nearly three weeks, was scared of her mother's boyfriend Shawn Adkins, and said he would stand in the doorway of her bedroom at night watching her."Hailey did not like him. She was afraid of him and she didn't want him there," Hailey's paternal grandmother, Connie Jones, told ABCNews.com today.

--------
another snip
--------

------
one more snip
-------

Jones last saw the middle schooler on Christmas Day when Hailey tried to take a picture of her grandmother with her brand new ipod.

"It was a good day," Jones said. "She ate two pieces of chocolate pie and we sat and talked. She told me everything that she had gotten for Christmas."

----
----

http://abcnews.go.com/US/shawn-adki...t-case-missing-texas/story?id=12608537&page=1

I AM LITERALLY SCREAMING "WHY DIDN'T SOMEONE LISTEN TO HER AND DO SOMETHING!!!!" WHILE READING THIS. Sorry about the caps but I am completely irate that she did try to tell people (adults) and no one took her seriously and did anything to help her. What's the saying "they finally listen to me when I'm dead". Nice real nice.

(OT: I popped something in the microwave last night before NG. When I went to heat up something for DS for lunch today, the dish from last night was still in there... :doh:)

I think Clint is a good guy. He's clearly not the brightest bulb but he is doing his best to find Hailey. And he lived accross the street from BD to keep an eye on his kids. He's not perfect, but IMO, the less of the evils here.

BD, on the other hand, KNEW SA and KNEW his hobbies and saw the way he acted around Hailey...and allowed it.

I AM LITERALLY SCREAMING "WHY DIDN'T SOMEONE LISTEN TO HER AND DO SOMETHING!!!!" WHILE READING THIS. Sorry about the caps but I am completely irate that she did try to tell people (adults) and no one took her seriously and did anything to help her. What's the saying "they finally listen to me when I'm dead". Nice real nice.

She was asking for help. She should have stayed at Grandma's house until a responsible parent would kick him out. Or live with Grandma where it was safe.
Very creepy situation.
Her intuition was right.

I wish just once, they could lock up everyone in this child's life who failed to protect her and start setting examples. WTF is wrong with people now days?

--------
another snip
--------

------
one more snip
-------

----
----

OMG... I just saw this... :(.... He was waiting for his moment. This whole thing was premeditated. He just needed time to snatch her...

That poor little girl. (((((Hailey)))))

I think Clint is a good guy. He's clearly not the brightest bulb but he is doing his best to find Hailey. And he lived accross the street from BD to keep an eye on her kids. He's not perfect, but IMO, the less of the evils here.

BD, on the other hand, KNEW SA and KNEW his hobbies and saw the way he acted around Hailey...and allowed it.

I don't want perfection. I want responsible. Can we even get responsible now days? Everyone KNEW. They did nothing. She told her family, she told her friends, she did everything she could. OMG.

--------
another snip
--------

------
one more snip
-------

----
----

And let me guess, no one else ever saw this...

I'd be willing to be these two latest affidavits{out of a different county than others} would be for SA's mother's home computer that she originally gave permission for LE to take and search but then changed her mind and went to retrieve it from LE..I believe it stated that when she asked for it back LE immediately had to end the search they wer in the process of completing on the computer and sealed it up as evidence.. I'd bet LE then had to have an affidavit/search warrant to continue their search

I worry about him leaving his phone at his moms and being off no telling where. They said it captured 11 calls during that time, could he have had someone else's phone and been calling his?

Oh! I had awful thought after reading your post? Could he had drop his phone somewhere and called it to find it.

maybe not at his mom??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member