TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am on the fence with the mom, I just feel like she knows something. She keeps repeating, "Hailey is not in her home" which to me is a weird statement to be making. It just the way she words that that is not right in some way.

I take this to mean that she is not where she belongs, in her home with her family. Maybe she says it this way because she is holding out the hope that she is being kept in someone else's home.

She doesn't know where Hailey is. She doesn't know what happened to her. All she knows is that she is not at home where she is supposed to be.

Is that landfill small to anyone else?

I mean, I don't have good feelings about them being there, but that it is so small I am actually happy with. [Hope that made sense.]

Heartbreaking to even watch and think about Hailey (an innocent child) being thrown in the trash like a disposable item and laying in the middle of all that disgusting garbage :no:

Somer Thompson... :(

I feel bad for Billie's friend that posted here, this is either breaking her heart to read all this negativity or she's lost faith in Billie too. Neither is good and she seemed like a nice well rounded person :(

I can't say how much I really didn't want to feel this way.

Snipped, just for brevity...

Couldn't have said it better myself. I don't know what to think.

FWIW, the friend is posting in the PL and has not lost faith although I am sure the reading is breaking he heart.

I don't think Chet, I mean Shawn, is a suicide threat like Markoff. Markoff was ashamed and hid his fetishes and fantasies about violence. SA wants everyone to see what he's into and openly admires serial killers. I think if he goes to trial and it's televised, he'll consider that quite a life accomplishment. JMO.

Omgoodness...Chet...Nancy is silly sometimes!

Prayers goin up right now...

I mean, I don't have good feelings about them being there, but that it is so small I am actually happy with. [Hope that made sense.]

very small. Looked like two people with sticks could scour the entire thing in less than an hour

What's the difference in human remains and cadaver as it relates to dogs finding a dead body?

Hate to quote myself, but this is it basically:

"the distinction between 'cadaver' and HRD dogs is because 'cadaver' dogs is a term that has 'aged out' so to speak among professional SAR for a specific reason. The term cadaver leads the general public to think of dogs who are trained to find entire bodies. HRD is a further clarification, which discerns dogs trained to alert to ANYTHING that might indicate remains of a human. Such as bodily fluids, parts, evidence of- etc."

GOD BLESS all searchers, LE, Hailey and her family.
This would be a nightmare!!!!

I agree with you....the Pickton case is the reason I believe BD was interested in true crime too. I read the story on that case several months ago after hearing about it somewhere because of my own interest in such cases.

Yes, OT for those interested in the case that BD was reading, wiki has a pretty unsensationalized piece on it. [ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Pickton[/ame]

They usually take a truckload to an unused area, spread it out thin, bring the dogs in then if there is a hit they search. Sometimes they search it anyways. IMO, this is the area we are seeing, not the main landfill.

Thanks Oriah.
And yes, it may still be common, but is not correct, and hey, no better time than the present to start making the change right?!

OT sarx I wish I could get you in a room and keep you until you taught me everything you know! Your so appriciated !!!(((HUGS)))

very small. Looked like two people with sticks could scour the entire thing in less than an hour

I would imagine they cover it up, sections at a time, like at most landfills. I noticed the piece of heavy equipment there... they may be turning it over a section at a time?

I hate to disabuse this thought, but it really covers quite a bit of area. Drove past this site for 20 yrs. But i bet they have the trash from certain cities dumped in different sections.

Yes, OT for those interested in the case that BD was reading, wiki has a pretty unsensationalized piece on it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Pickton

IIRC there was a movie out this past fall that was somwhat like this..one of the sibling was a dovtore and was paralyzed and bed ridden . Apparent this sibling had the other one doing this so he could watch. I wish i could remember the name

My bad it was from Criminal Minds season 4

Lucas was the autistic, mentally disabled son of a pig farmer in rural Ontario. As a child, Lucas' father would take him and Mason hunting, and together the three built an underground fort in the forest, where Lucas would spend most of his time when he was away from the farm. Lucas had grown up his entire life on the farm and was angered when Mason wanted to sell the family farm following his graduation from med school. In a rage, Lucas pushed Mason from the loft of a barn, paralyzing him. Lucas then waited on Mason hand and foot, while his brother lay helpless in his bed.
http://criminalminds.wikia.com/wiki/Lucas_Turner

Yes, OT for those interested in the case that BD was reading, wiki has a pretty unsensationalized piece on it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Pickton

another the other cases she was reading was frighteningly disturbing, so much so, I didn't finish reading it. Guy decapitated and had "relations" with heads, buried some in his mom's garden...., yeah, he killed her too & her best friend. I actually had nightmares. I suggest doing a quick skimming of all of her "hobby" materials..........

I don't buy the hobby thing for a split second. Especially now, after learning about Shawns interests.

Can anyone see the Snyder Daily News? I do believe Sliipnot is SA favorite Band? BD is wearing a Tshirt IMPO, that's a show of support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx