TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is it the idea of disposal of the body in a landfill surprises me? Probably
because it's so common and ordinary and this perp isn't your ordinary perp!
I imagined some kind of acting out of a ritualistic horror act with him probably wearing one of his favorite masks and being joined by at least one of his buddies (in a mask) disposing of the body.

I just don't see SA tossing her in a dumpster. It's just too easy, too common!
Maybe I'm wrong, but, I don't believe that would satisfy his desire to create a
horror tale like those he has related to for so long.

I really hope the LE have all persons accountable especially that little baby in the youtube videos

IIRC there was a movie out this past fall that was somwhat like this..one of the sibling was a dovtore and was paralyzed and bed ridden . Apparent this sibling had the other one doing this so he could watch. I wish i could remember the name

There was an episode of Criminal Minds on CBS that was based on this. I think that might be what you are referring to.

This case is too similar and too close (as in happening too close together in time) to Zahra. I am having the same nauseated, sickening emotions that I had with Zahra. What the he77 is up with these parents doing these horrible, unspeakable acts to their children? Or allowing others (boyfriend, stepmom, etc) to harm them? I just don't understand...:sick:

This case is too similar and too close (as in happening too close together in time) to Zahra. I am having the same nauseated, sickening emotions that I had with Zahra. What the he77 is up with these parents doing these horrible, unspeakable acts to their children? Or allowing others (boyfriend, stepmom, etc) to harm them? I just don't understand...:sick:

seems people are becomming more and more selfish with each generation. It's always ME ME ME...not many left to actually CARE about the kids.

I imagined some kind of acting out of a ritualistic horror act with him probably wearing one of his favorite masks and being joined by at least one of his buddies (in a mask) disposing of the body.

With my working theory that he displays some characteristics shared by sexual sadists, I agree that he likely would not dispose of a body in a landfill type setting. Persons with that particular psychological makeup tend to want to keep their "achievements" or "trophies" around so that they can relive the experience.

I don't think Chet, I mean Shawn, is a suicide threat like Markoff. Markoff was ashamed and hid his fetishes and fantasies about violence. SA wants everyone to see what he's into and openly admires serial killers. I think if he goes to trial and it's televised, he'll consider that quite a life accomplishment. JMO.

Bingo, yllek! Couldn't have said my exact thoughts any better than you just did above.. ITA!

*luv the "chet" reference..lol*

Agreed. But he may have thrown out the tools or the remains of the ritualistic event or the bloody clothing or something that could be sniffed out. Sorry.

OK, just gonna say it.... (for those of you who were taking bets, pay up)

They are HRD DOGS (HUMAN REMAINS DETECTION DOGS)

Not Cadaver......

Is there a difference between human remains and cadavers? I'd think once you have human remains, you'd have a cadaver.

Generation X?

I think it might be Gen X's kids. I won't bring up the reasons I believe this downturn has happened. It's not very welcomed and considered un-PC these days. :innocent:

Hey guys...."Its me again, Margaret..." Another one of those folks who drives you nuts because we ask for brief updates. I just haven't been able to be online today (or yesterday!)...have a sick daughter. She's almost 20 years old but you wouldn't know it!

I caught up last night but now I'm behind again! Thanks for any help you could give a poor old girl who's exhausted!

In the Jennifer and Abby Blagg murders in Colorado, Jennifer, the mom, was eventually found in the local landfill, but they never found the little girl, Abby. Hailey is basically the size of a small adult, so hopefully, if she is there they will find her. But in the Blagg case (the husband killed them both) it was quite an elaborate process to determine exactly where to dig in the massive landfill, it was all computerized by sections as to the date of pick, square feet, etc. It still took three-four weeks of searching IIRC to find Jennifer.

I don't know if it can be blamed on a generation. Terrible things such as this have happened forever. It is just that we are now more familiar with them because of the great advancements in technology. People in Texas used to not ever get to know what happened in New York, but now with television and the internet, someone sneezes in antartica and the entire world knows it!

IIRC there was a movie out this past fall that was somwhat like this..one of the sibling was a dovtore and was paralyzed and bed ridden . Apparent this sibling had the other one doing this so he could watch. I wish i could remember the name

My bad it was from Criminal Minds season 4

http://criminalminds.wikia.com/wiki/Lucas_Turner

Thank you!! I knew that I had seen something about this, but I couldn't for the life of me remember where! This was it.

It would surprise me because there is so much open country where he could hide a body. Especially since he's an outdoors type who is familiar with the area. I'm sure he was further familiarized with some of the remote country while working for the pipeline services company.

Hate to quote myself, but this is it basically:

"the distinction between 'cadaver' and HRD dogs is because 'cadaver' dogs is a term that has 'aged out' so to speak among professional SAR for a specific reason. The term cadaver leads the general public to think of dogs who are trained to find entire bodies. HRD is a further clarification, which discerns dogs trained to alert to ANYTHING that might indicate remains of a human. Such as bodily fluids, parts, evidence of- etc."

Thanks :) Wasn't sure if there was a difference since the media is saying cadaver. From following cases here I know they hit on fluids and smells, etc. in addition to an actual body or parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx