TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL! I'm in my 40s too. The reason I had said it as I did was based on a personal experience with a friend. She married and had 2 kids - first one at 17. By the time the kids were fairly self-sufficient and independent, she went on a "relive my teen/20s years" spell - partying it up, having an affair, etc., but this was in her mid-30s. So, kinda mid-life-ish crisis if you want to call it that...

Whew! I guess I will cancel the appointment at the assisted living facility.
Thanks for the upbeat response. I guess midlife crisis is in the eye of the beholder.

I used to think I was a GREAT judge of character. Then I brought a man into my life who molested my child for 2 years without me ever having a clue. She was 8 when it began and 10 when it ended. In 5th grade "sex education" they mentioned that it was illegal for an adult to have relations with a child. She mistakenly thought they were BOTH breaking the law, which may be why she kept it from me for another 5 years.

HOWEVER... The day she was told it was illegal, she went to him, told him what she had learned, and told him it had to stop. He stopped. Never touched her again, never threatened her. Just... stopped...

Of course, I beat myself up over this regularly although she is now 19. It definitely made her a different person than she would have been if it had not happened...

thank god. She was a very brave little girl. I am glad he left her alone.

OK color me confused....from other cases I am almost sure I saw that HRD dogs are not typically used in landfill searches because of stuff in normal garbage such as bloody bandages, feminine hygene prods, etc, that they can hit on? In addition....that there is too much danger as far as them stepping on sharp metal objects, discarded needles, broken glass...?

They're trained to pick up fluids (chemical changes?) that are only released once someone dies. So they would ignore normal blood and other bodily fluids. I am NOT in any way, shape, or form qualified in this area, but this is my understanding. I'm sure someone who is a verified professional in that area can answer it better or correct me if I am wrong.

I'm not sure I have much confidence in these dogs just yet...

SARX, how much credibility are we to give these dogs if they made a hit? In a landfill?

They're cadaver dogs, what else would they be hitting on in a landfill? These dogs are different than the bloodhounds used from the prison, those were scent dogs.

Colorado City city manager Pete Kampfer confirmed that cadaver dogs from the Texas Department of Criminal Justice were searching the landfill.

"I know they are out there searching as a result of the investigation," he said.

Cadaver dogs are trained specifically to detect the scent of decomposing bodies

Peg Mulloy of Republic Services, the parent company of the Allied Waste Services landfill in north Abilene, confirmed that the Abilene Police Department had been given permission to search the landfill. The media is not allowed to go inside the landfill at this time.

Sgt. Craig Jordan, spokesman for the Abilene Police Department, also confirmed that the APD is conducting a search related to Dunn's disappearance, but it was not immediately clear how long officers had been at the scene or how many officers are searching.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/14/shawn-adkins-declared-suspect-case-hailey-dunn/

The Colorado City Record has learned that cadaver dogs have hit on an area in an Abilene dump where Colorado City's garbage has previously been discarded. Trash, picked up during the time that Hailey Dunn has been missing, was confirmed to have been dumped in that area by the trash service.

Investigators in the missing girl's case will begin an excavation of the site immediately.

http://www.ccitynews.net/news/story/2011/01/cadaver-dogs-lead-investigators-abilene-dump

oh my stars...

my gut is in knot..

Ive been chanting/praying that Haliely would be found...'
but wow...I didnt expect this..

dogs hitting...

Ill see yall l8r, gotta pick my son up and im going to give him a big ol hug...thank my stars that i have him to hug

It looks like BD got pregnant with Hailey at 19 and at 16/17 for Hailey's brother. If she never go to be a normal teenager/young adult because she was raising two children, perhaps dating a young guy like SA was her way of reliving the years she never got to experience.

I dont think the age is that big of a thing. I think if he was 33 and she was 25 it would be skimmed over.

Nor is the age gap great enough to be a signal as 25 year olds and 33 year old are not that different minded. Except he is not a normal 25 year old.

This relationship in my opinon is more of a predator type of guy. I wouldnt doubt if he really worked his way in with her and knocked her off balance on purpose. Really made her feel like he was mature and switched up on her and flopped again. Then enter the drugs.. I think he saw her as an easy victim. Then he groomed her.

He thinks he can do anything he wants to do.

Colorado City city manager Pete Kampfer confirmed that cadaver dogs from the Texas Department of Criminal Justice were searching the landfill.

"I know they are out there searching as a result of the investigation," he said.

Cadaver dogs are trained specifically to detect the scent of decomposing bodies

Peg Mulloy of Republic Services, the parent company of the Allied Waste Services landfill in north Abilene, confirmed that the Abilene Police Department had been given permission to search the landfill. The media is not allowed to go inside the landfill at this time.

Sgt. Craig Jordan, spokesman for the Abilene Police Department, also confirmed that the APD is conducting a search related to Dunn's disappearance, but it was not immediately clear how long officers had been at the scene or how many officers are searching.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/14/shawn-adkins-declared-suspect-case-hailey-dunn/

(red by me)

The part I highlighted in red makes me think they believe there's something to this...

I used to think I was a GREAT judge of character. Then I brought a man into my life who molested my child for 2 years without me ever having a clue. She was 8 when it began and 10 when it ended. In 5th grade "sex education" they mentioned that it was illegal for an adult to have relations with a child. She mistakenly thought they were BOTH breaking the law, which may be why she kept it from me for another 5 years.

HOWEVER... The day she was told it was illegal, she went to him, told him what she had learned, and told him it had to stop. He stopped. Never touched her again, never threatened her. Just... stopped...

Of course, I beat myself up over this regularly although she is now 19. It definitely made her a different person than she would have been if it had not happened...

So...is he in prison? If not, why not?

For those interested in the location of the landfill, I put it on the map.

Prayers for Hailey!

I think your thoughts are very pertinent.

I see BD's attraction to a 25 year old man pointing to HER OWN arrested development. Kind of like those teachers that date their students. They want to appear cool with the young kids because they themselves are so immature that they don't fit in with people their own age. MOO.

On another point, though, I had to LOL, because the midlife crisis comment, although very valid from someone else's perspective if they are in their twenties, makes me feel VERY OLD. I guess in my late 40's makes me well past having a midlife crisis.

I wonder how many think Demi Moore has an arrested developement?

This may be old news.

fran

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26495026/detail.html

Hailey Dunn Case: New Document Shows What Was Seized From Vehicle

COLORADO CITY, Texas -- Electric tape, evidence filters and debris on a sterile sheet were among the items seized from the trunk of Billie Jean Dunn's car last Friday.

<<<<<<<<<<<<,,more at link>>>>>>>>>>

In the affidavit LE said BD & SA withdrew cash from the ATM machine shortly after 6 pm on dec 27; How can this be true if BD worked from 7 am - 7 pm on Monday, dec 27?

My theory is SA had BD's debit card and he withdrew the cash and went & purchased the drugs before he picked BD up from work at 7 pm. JMO

BD said on NG last night her and SA did withdraw the money at that time and she wouldn't talk about if it was illegal drugs bought with the money anymore.

(red by me)

The part I highlighted in red makes me think they believe there's something to this...

Good point. This development made me realize that one little corner of my soul still hoped that she ran away and didn't want to be found. Who could blame her? :(

[ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=FM+3034+%26+Highway+277%2F83+N+Abilene,+TX+79601&daddr=&hl=en&geocode=&gl=us&mra=ls&sll=32.502234,-99.743156&sspn=0.207317,0.524254&ie=UTF8&ll=32.530623,-99.750495&spn=0.013405,0.032766&t=h&z=16"]FM 3034 & Highway 277/83 N Abilene, TX 79601 - Google Maps[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem