TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #25

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right, the XBox 360 (had to creep into the front room and check it out) has a Wifi adapter on it - I'm recalling my annoyance at the extra $50 cost!

ITA as far as saving the data, but with regards to the XBox, I don't think you can save the data as an image: But I could be wrong. I know they will seize the items until they make their copies, and then return them, in cases of computers and such...but I can't recall regarding game consoles. Hmmm, I wonder... especially since it's not a matter of merely the Internet data but also, the actual game-play on the console (to figure out when she stopped playing).

From what I know about Xbox (certainly not an expert), it has an operating system...if it has an operating system, it can be imaged....I have to think that LE knows how to do this.

FWIW, I make images of flash drives, diskettes, hard drives, etc at work...and depending on the operating system and the hardware, I may use different tools to do it.

I don't think they come w/ built-in Wifi capability but it's possible they had an adapter for Wifi.

And as far as saving the data, what I've read of computer forensics, LE saves off the data as an image, not just copied files...I don't think they take the equipment necessary w/ them to do this which is why they seize potential evidence & take it with them.

ITA - it wouldn't be thorough police work if they didn't seize it.

FWIW, my grandsons' X-Box has built in Wi-Fi. It's a newer one though. I think it was purchased not more than a year ago.

FWIW, my grandsons' X-Box has built in Wi-Fi. It's a newer one though. I think it was purchased not more than a year ago.

There ya go! We always want more facts about everything don't we? LOL Like, which model Xbox so we don't have to keep guessing about so much in this case.

Below is snipped portion from the actual affidavit:
both%20of%20us%20comment.jpg

it states that during one of the initial voluntary interviews with investigators ADKINS was asked who was responsible and who did investigators need to look at, to which ADKINS replied investigators needed to look at "both of us", referring to himself and Billie Jean Dunn..

I havent seen anyone discuss this before and its something that I have always thought odd.. Does anyone have an opinion of why that SA would directly point to himself And Billie as ones that Investigators need look at.. as well as the same answer of himself and Billie Dunn when the question of who was responsible..

Any ideas on why SA would state such to LE?

it states that during one of the initial voluntary interviews with investigators ADKINS was asked who was responsible and who did investigators need to look at, to which ADKINS replied investigators needed to look at "both of us", referring to himself and Billie Jean Dunn..

I havent seen anyone discuss this before and its something that I have always thought odd.. Does anyone have an opinion of why that SA would directly point to himself And Billie as ones that Investigators need look at.. as well as the same answer of himself and Billie Dunn when the question of who was responsible..

Had to get another cup of coffee for this one, SmoothOperator.

Speculation:

* he's not a nice person & figures he's caught, so he's gonna inflict more pain on BD & her family on his way down

* dragging another person into the crime complicates the investigation, delaying the time before he'll be arrested

* playing games w/ LE because he can (well, he thinks he can) and due to his need to control, he tossed another lie at them just to watch all the ensuing 'action'

* figures if he's going down, somebody's coming w/ him & BD is the easiest to implicate

* last but not least, he told the truth - [ETA] daring them to prove it.

Maybe I'll think of more once I finish this cup. :)

ETA2:

* he just blurted it out w/o thinking cuz he's not that smart

It was suggested he said it to mean investigators should always look first at those closest to the missing person or victim rather than that he was openingly making an admission. I think it was a sort of provocation, attention seeking?

Oh, missed that last post-Texas Mist answers it best! :)

You can't here,you have to press charges.I've complained to the police enough about a neighbor who keeps arguing and fighting w/her bf outside.LE comes,she does nothing.I asked LE why don't they just haul him in,they said they can't unless she presses charges.And BD would have to tell the bank he used her card without her permission for him to get in trouble.

In your example she would have to be involved.
If they arrived, she was a bloody mess (physical evidence), she said he knocked her teeth out (excited utterance admissable even if she refuses to cooperate), and she tells the ER nurse the same thing (witness)... the state can prosecute even if she changes her mind, refuses to cooperate, or tries to lie about who hit her.

They may or may not decide to do so but they can. In your example if there is no solid physical evidence, no medical care, no excited utterance, etc.... they need her to cooperate, if she won't no case.

In BDs case as soon as she back tracks and says it was a misunderstanding and he did have permission and she doesn't ask the bank to give her the money back, no case.

Ya know - I'm so hoping that NG covers this again starting on Monday. Since the last NG show so much more has been uncovered. The masks, the yt videos, mm site, etc.
We know NG got those as members here scrambled to send them in. I can't imagine what NG must have thought when she got them and looked at them.

Maybe its me - but what I find so very hard to believe is that BD knew nothing of this "side" of SA. She was with him for over 2 years - that's a long time. Even if she didn't know about it all - surely a little bit here, a video there, had to have leaked through. With that - how she can sit there on camera and say IDK, IDK, this is the first I'm hearing of this, just doesn't ring true.

I am visiting family, and having been trying to catch up, but this has been going way to fast. Please help, I don't know what masks, what videos and what is mm site? Thank you, for your help!

Hello, I’m a new poster and never before have I seen a case where so many adults act like such children. I think everyone on this board has a legitimate source of righteous anger associated with this one.

Some of us are angry at Billie Dunn. Cleary, she won’t win “Mother of the Year”. Whether it’s true or not, she has given the appearance of fawning over her mate at the expense of her child. Some feel she has violated the cardinal rule of motherhood: the natural and divine right to protect the life of your offspring with your own, against any and all forces.

Some of us are angry at Shawn Adkins. And for good reason. If he isn’t guilty, then he’s doing everything possible to not help. There is a missing child. GET THAT THROUGH YOUR HEAD SHAWN! Pull your pie-hole out of your bung-hole and get on board with the rest of the human race. (Do you think he heard me?)

Some of us are angry at Hailey’s grandmother. After all, how do you hold on to that kind of information? We’re talking about a man pulling a “peeping tom” routine on your granddaughter in the middle of the night. You know what a “peeping tom” is a precursor to, right? Please don’t make me say it.

As a former investigative research analyst, I took an oath to the Constitution. So for me, the anger I feel, is directed at those who have also taken the oath...yet seem not care about it. They have blurred the lines between truth and dishonesty. As officials, they are not above the law. In fact, it is incumbent upon them to hold themselves to a higher standard. And as someone who believes in the justice system, I am deeply ashamed.

Make no mistake, everyone lies sometimes (even me). And in this situation, everyone has lied. Unfortunately Hailey’s the one paying for it.

Beth

I am hoping that today is the day Hailey finds her way home. If that is not to be then at the very least I do hope some new information comes to light in order to help her find her way there. I think every word, statement, action and inaction has been dissected throughly......lingering questions need answers.....

Hello, I’m a new poster and never before have I seen a case where so many adults act like such children. I think everyone on this board has a legitimate source of righteous anger associated with this one.

Some of us are angry at Billie Dunn. Cleary, she won’t win “Mother of the Year”. Whether it’s true or not, she has given the appearance of fawning over her mate at the expense of her child. Some feel she has violated the cardinal rule of motherhood: the natural and divine right to protect the life of your offspring with your own, against any and all forces.

Some of us are angry at Shawn Adkins. And for good reason. If he isn’t guilty, then he’s doing everything possible to not help. There is a missing child. GET THAT THROUGH YOUR HEAD SHAWN! Pull your pie-hole out of your bung-hole and get on board with the rest of the human race. (Do you think he heard me?)

Some of us are angry at Hailey’s grandmother. After all, how do you hold on to that kind of information? We’re talking about a man pulling a “peeping tom” routine on your granddaughter in the middle of the night. You know what a “peeping tom” is a precursor to, right? Please don’t make me say it.

As a former investigative research analyst, I took an oath to the Constitution. So for me, the anger I feel, is directed at those who have also taken the oath...yet seem not care about it. They have blurred the lines between truth and dishonesty. As officials, they are not above the law. In fact, it is incumbent upon them to hold themselves to a higher standard. And as someone who believes in the justice system, I am deeply ashamed.

Make no mistake, everyone lies sometimes (even me). And in this situation, everyone has lied. Unfortunately Hailey’s the one paying for it.

Beth

Very eloquent. Welcome.

:welcome5:

Welcome, bet! I look forward to more of your posts and insight. :)

Bellyup - DD is putting on a brave face, but I know he is hurting badly. My daughter is his age, and is trying to look out for him in school, where the kids are brutal - as are the teachers.

My daughter has several times had to tell kids to STFU. I don't condone language like that from my kids, but in this case, I gave her a pass. Kids telling DD that his sister was famous, and asking horrible questions, and sometimes even accusing him of having something to do with it.

I had tried to get some people to set up a rotation of taking casseroles or something each night, so my daughter asked her FCCLA teacher if they could take something. The teacher agreed.

Then the story hit about the affidavits. The next morning, the teacher pulled my daughter aside, and told her that until everything was 'cleared up', they would not be helping the family in any way. The did give DD a $20 Sonic card.

Then, in one of her classes, the teacher took it upon himself to slam Billie, calling her names, accusing her of buying crack, and for several minutes was on a tirade. This was Friday. I will be filing a complaint with the superintendent. How dare the teachers comment on this as the authority figure in the classroom. My daughter said that you could have heard a pin drop.

This is a small town, and anything slightly scandelous always gets a lot of attention. You can imagine how Hailey's disappearance has rocked the town. You cant go anywhere without hearing rumors, speculation, and outright crap talking. So, multiply that 1000x in the high school. I feel so bad for DD. Not only is his sister missing, but he has to hear people calling his mom every name in the book.

I keep going back and forth with what I think has happened here, but one thing I NEVER waver on is in my prayer for strength for the innocent family members like poor DD. He is only 16 years old, no 16 year old child should have to hear a teacher saying these things about his mother. In a classroom, in front of his peers. Whether they be this teacher's delusions, or even if they were rooted in fact really has no bearing. This is a child's mother. School is NOT the proper place for this case to be hashed and rehashed. I'm appalled as a parent at that teacher's behavior.

Praying that today is the day Hailey comes home, looking for hugs.

Welcome, bet! I look forward to more of your posts and insight. :)

Thank you. Like everyone else, I'm finding this case to be incredibly frustrating. And I was extremely disgusted to hear about [DD] being humiliated by one of his instructors over this whole mess.

Beth

Click thanks if you think BD's behavior is indicative of complicity in Hailey's disappearance. (Do you think she helped SA?)

I was just thinking about that this morning before turning on my computer. I guess I'm on the fence with this.

So many elements of this case are like the Haleigh Cummings case:

Young girls with the same name, just spelled differently.

Both girls' parents are living with someone else.

The live-in partners of the custodial parents are suspects.

Both girls' custodial parents just aren't acting the way one expects the parent of a "missing" child to act.

Both cases have the issue with bedding (sheets, blankets, mattresses).

Both girls have a baby half-sister named "C----" who didn't live with her.

Each girl has a brother who lived with her.

Probably other similarities that I'm forgetting.

As for Hailey's mother, I'm not sure what her involvement is, but I do think she suspects or knows more than she's telling, especially since she doesn't tell much and she avoids answering questions properly. I haven't watched NG's show is ages but this weekend, I watched all the Hailey segments she's had on her show (thanks, Patty). Watching Hailey's mother evade answers was quite disconcerting. What is she hiding?

Just add me to your pole as "suspicious".

Bellyup - DD is putting on a brave face, but I know he is hurting badly. My daughter is his age, and is trying to look out for him in school, where the kids are brutal - as are the teachers.

My daughter has several times had to tell kids to STFU. I don't condone language like that from my kids, but in this case, I gave her a pass. Kids telling DD that his sister was famous, and asking horrible questions, and sometimes even accusing him of having something to do with it.

I had tried to get some people to set up a rotation of taking casseroles or something each night, so my daughter asked her FCCLA teacher if they could take something. The teacher agreed.

Then the story hit about the affidavits. The next morning, the teacher pulled my daughter aside, and told her that until everything was 'cleared up', they would not be helping the family in any way. The did give DD a $20 Sonic card.

Then, in one of her classes, the teacher took it upon himself to slam Billie, calling her names, accusing her of buying crack, and for several minutes was on a tirade. This was Friday. I will be filing a complaint with the superintendent. How dare the teachers comment on this as the authority figure in the classroom. My daughter said that you could have heard a pin drop.

This is a small town, and anything slightly scandelous always gets a lot of attention. You can imagine how Hailey's disappearance has rocked the town. You cant go anywhere without hearing rumors, speculation, and outright crap talking. So, multiply that 1000x in the high school. I feel so bad for DD. Not only is his sister missing, but he has to hear people calling his mom every name in the book.

Well, I am just floored by this. It's okay for teachers and students to have suspicions, we're all entitled to them. It's not okay for them to bring their suspicions to the classroom and badger one of the family members, especially one who is their student.

I agree, someone in authority should be made aware of this issue, which is totally uncalled for.

By the way, czgtz, your daughter is very generous, compassionate and kindhearted. You brought her up right.

In her warped sense of thinking, Billie is trying hard to save face with Adkins. She doesn't want to admit that there was an incident where he threatened her or Hailey's life in February because when all this "messiness" goes away, she fully intends to take him back. If she admitted it, then he would be angry and upset with her and probably wouldn't want her back. Adkins is her #1 concern at this point and I fear it has been for a long time. Hailey took the back seat to her relationship with Adkins. It didn't matter whether or not Hailey liked him because gosh darn it, she was going to "respect" him. It didn't matter that Hailey was scared of him, it just didn't matter. When Billie got home from work that day and realized that Hailey was spending the night with a friend, she was thinking how awesome it was that me and Shawn are going to get to have a whole night to ourselves to do whatever we want because neither of my kids are here. Why in the world should she be a responsible parent and call to check on her daughter? That might mean that Hailey could actually decide to come back home and that would interfere with her night alone with her boy toy.

This woman disgusts me, that's all I can say right now because it's totally obvious that her love and concern isn't for her daughter.

~JMO~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member