TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #25

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now this makes no freaking sense to me at all. We have been told repeatedly that there is no internet at that house. To use the XBox to chat and play games with others you have to have internet access!!! So, if there was no internet, why in the blazes would LE take DD's XBox? And please don't say it was to see how long Hailey was on the game that Sunday night, because that info can be accessed by copying the hard drive info onto a memory card or flash drive.

So, what possible reason in the whole wide world would LE take a freaking XBox??????

it could be as simple as dd saying she prob played it till midnight and BD saying she was watching TV in her bedroom at 10

if they can get a wifi signal they can connect if it is not a blocked one

the game saves where you left off so you can start off where you did indeed leave off HTH

Bellyup - DD is putting on a brave face, but I know he is hurting badly. My daughter is his age, and is trying to look out for him in school, where the kids are brutal - as are the teachers.

My daughter has several times had to tell kids to STFU. I don't condone language like that from my kids, but in this case, I gave her a pass. Kids telling DD that his sister was famous, and asking horrible questions, and sometimes even accusing him of having something to do with it.

I had tried to get some people to set up a rotation of taking casseroles or something each night, so my daughter asked her FCCLA teacher if they could take something. The teacher agreed.

Then the story hit about the affidavits. The next morning, the teacher pulled my daughter aside, and told her that until everything was 'cleared up', they would not be helping the family in any way. The did give DD a $20 Sonic card.

Then, in one of her classes, the teacher took it upon himself to slam Billie, calling her names, accusing her of buying crack, and for several minutes was on a tirade. This was Friday. I will be filing a complaint with the superintendent. How dare the teachers comment on this as the authority figure in the classroom. My daughter said that you could have heard a pin drop.

This is a small town, and anything slightly scandelous always gets a lot of attention. You can imagine how Hailey's disappearance has rocked the town. You cant go anywhere without hearing rumors, speculation, and outright crap talking. So, multiply that 1000x in the high school. I feel so bad for DD. Not only is his sister missing, but he has to hear people calling his mom every name in the book.

Makes my blood BOIL. If anything this teacher should of taken DD under their wing and protected him from the other students as this stands now since a teacher has publicly chastised BD, students will feel like they have free rein to torment DD. Apalling to say the least. I am embarrassed and ashamed for this teacher. She should know better. DD is under a tremendous amount of stress, I hope he has some one to lean on.

Now, I have heard about LE lying to suspects in interrogations "we have proof you did it" when they really didn't.

But I can't remember a single case where LE told MSM outright lies, and then cleared them up after a suspect was arrested.

I am sure there are stories about LE telling lies to cover up their own "mis-doings" for want of a better word, but during investigations? Just to throw off suspects? In sworn affidavits submitted to Judge's so they can get search warrants? Wouldn't that be perjury???

Please, please, please correct me if I am wrong!!!

I can. They outright lied when they said neither billie nor SA had been told they flunked the poly's. They said it to MSM more than once.

We know from the affidavits that was a lie.

We don’t know what telephone number was associated with the “Billie” entry on SA’s cell phone (her work number or her cell number), and we don’t know the date/time of the 3 phone calls placed from Shawn’s cell to “Billie” that were viewed by the investigator and then deleted by Shawn from his cell phone.

Since it says that Shawn provided information to investigators that possibly could contradict some of the information just viewed on Shawn’s cell phone, any thoughts as to when these calls were made and to what number?

Here is the text I transcribed from the affidavit for reference:

When asked by Investigator Sides for access to his cellular telephone to check on call history and text messages, ADKINS allowed Investigator Sides to look at the phone. Investigator Sides looked at three phone calls that were placed from ADKINS’ phone to the name Billie. As the interview progressed, ADKINS provided information to investigators that possibly could contradict some of the information just viewed on ADKINS’ cellular telephone. When asked if Investigator Sides could look at the phone again to verify what he had seen earlier on ADKINS’ phone, or confirm that ADKINS was correct, Investigator Sides witnessed ADKINS delete information from his cell phone and then hand the phone to Investigator Sides. Investigator Sides was unable to view the call log information that had been viewed earlier. Investigator Sides then asked ADKINS “What happened to the phone call list” and ADKINS was unable to give an answer.

Page 6: http://media.reporternews.com/media/static/0137_001.pdf

Just thinking about what time Hailey typically woke up when she didn’t have to go to school. I saw on her FB (which I can’t link to, right?), that she posted at 9:25am on Sunday, December 12, 2010 that it’s really early to be up, and she posted at 10:40am on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 (off for Christmas break?) that she just woke up / it’s too early.

It doesn’t seem like she was an early riser if she had a choice. If she was ok on Monday, December 27th until 3PM in the afternoon (which I have many doubts about), I wonder what time she woke up that day since she was off from school.

December 2010 calendar for reference: http://www.timeanddate.com/calendar...onth=12&country=1&typ=1&cols=3&display=1&df=1

Can you help me out here?...all I've heard is that Hailey was playing a game on the Xbox - not that she was chatting or playing w/ others (which would require an internet connection).

Also, is it standard for LE to copy data while in a potential crime scene w/ potential evidence & not take the data source?

Reason for taking it (know you didn't ask this, TM, but it's just part my general thinking about the whole Xbox thing): it keeps a log of everytime it is turned off/on, what was accessed, what games were played, etc. To the hard drive - whether you have a flash card for saving game data to or whatever (don't have Xbox - only Wii and PS2). It won't be in normal language but source code that may take an expert to sit down and figure it out, hence - it may take time for them to piece it together. I think this would be the same data an analyst would look at to determine why a system keeps crashing to determine if it's hardware, software, etc, much like a computer -- it actually IS its own little computer, kwim? So as we have speculated for a few threads now, I think they took it to establish a timeline for Hailey that night and compare it the last time SA and Billie said they saw her, as well as check for picture, maybe...

Reason for keeping it: Can you imagine going to court, presenting evidence, and then having the defense want access to the evidence so they can have their own experts look at it and having to say: "Oh, we don't have it - we gave it back?" My background is not in the legal area but it is my understanding that both sides have to have access to the evidence, correct?

Just my thoughts early in the morning before coffee... :crazy:

I can. They outright lied when they said neither billie nor SA had been told they flunked the poly's. They said it to MSM more than once.

And sadly, that's not the only one they've told.

Beth

Hailey has a myspace and facebook.
DD has at least a myspace.
SA has multiple myspace profil
s, several you tube channels, 700 posts on one forum, and who knows how many more.
BD has myspace and facebook.
Met SA on myspace.

That is the stuff we know about.

I find the idea that this family does not have internet in the house, and has never had it at this address to make no sense at all.

I'm throwing this out there: money? If you go to google street view and walk up/down CC, it appears to be a very economically depressed area. I have worked with families in my profession who have no internet at home, yet the kids/parents have access to internet other places. Also, some phones (such as a BBerry), allow you to tether your computer to the phone and use it as a modem. I did it all the time on my BBerry and do it on my new phone as well. And it can be done for free, without paying for the tethering service from the carrier.

ETA: It doesn't have to be a smart phone - 'regular' phones can be used as tethers, depending on the phone. Most recent ones can.

JMHO...

Below is snipped portion from the actual affidavit:
both%20of%20us%20comment.jpg

it states that during one of the initial voluntary interviews with investigators ADKINS was asked who was responsible and who did investigators need to look at, to which ADKINS replied investigators needed to look at "both of us", referring to himself and Billie Jean Dunn..

I havent seen anyone discuss this before and its something that I have always thought odd.. Does anyone have an opinion of why that SA would directly point to himself And Billie as ones that Investigators need look at.. as well as the same answer of himself and Billie Dunn when the question of who was responsible..

Any ideas on why SA would state such to LE?

bbm

A bigger question: why wouldn't LE arrest him based on that statement? Isn't that like a confession? There's a girl out there missing and here is someone saying that he is one of the responsible parties and even gave LE the impression that he even knows where she is...

I just want to say that could also be part of the trust issue between Billie and LE. She knows for sure she told the truth to the public when she said that she flunked the poly and essentially LE called her a liar to MSM.

This doesn't excuse anything but I would now wonder if things in the affidavit are lies by LE if i remembered things differently.

Just an example, i had a conversation with my doctor about something he said that really bothered me. I took it as a snarky nasty comment and confronted him on it later. Imagine my shock when he said 1. he doesn't remember saying it and 2. that he isn't normally a sarcastic type of person so doesn't think he did. I felt like i landed in the twilight zone. What was huge to me, he denied and didnt' remember right to my face. The weirdest part is I felt he was telling the truth, he really did see it totally differently and couldn't comprehend my view since in his mind it never happened or if it did, wasn't what I saw it as.

Billie may think something didn't happen (threat to hailey for example) because a year later she remembers it as just a fight or a threat to her and not a big issue while the affidavit says the opposite and knowing LE lied about the LDT to the public she may assume they are lying again because she has the bad memory OR she may assume other things they say are lies since she knows they will lie. From her perspective lying about her to MSM is going to be the same as on an affidavit, legally apples and oranges but all she knows is they lied about what she said.

just a thought..and why there is such tension between them even if she has nothing to do with it. And lets be honest, they did make quite a point of how they never told her the results of the LDT and actually were angry with her in my view..its how it came across.

I'm throwing this out there: money? If you go to google street view and walk up/down CC, it appears to be a very economically depressed area. I have worked with families in my profession who have no internet at home, yet the kids/parents have access to internet other places. Also, some phones (such as a BBerry), allow you to tether your computer to the phone and use it as a modem. I did it all the time on my BBerry and do it on my new phone as well. And it can be done for free, without paying for the tethering service from the carrier.

JMHO...

techie stuff is not my strong suit, but if the posts made by all four household members share two IP addresses, one the vast majority of the time, and second one periodically that would indicate what?

bbm

A bigger question: why wouldn't LE arrest him based on that statement? Isn't that like a confession? There's a girl out there missing and here is someone saying that he is one of the responsible parties and even gave LE the impression that he even knows where she is...

Not one that would hold up in court.
What does that mean?
That they are her caregivers and are ultimately responsible?
And admission of feeling guilty that they didn't check up on her?

There are people who have confessed in graphic detail, the confession has been thrown out on a technicality, and the physical evidence is the determination of whether the conviction comes through or not.

From what we can see they have nothing at the moment as far as physical evidence.

I think SA probably used the word "party" in his interview. Maybe to him, people gathering with food and drink is always a party...

If shawn killed her, he may well have thought it was a small NYE "party" while everyone else there thought hthey were there supporting the mom of a missing little girl on a celebration n ight, one of the worst times for family. I mean that he may be narciisstic enough to think great, we have a NYE party while no one else thinks it is

Whether he he 1 beer or 10 i don't think I would admit to the 10 if I were billie, not in MSM because then everyone would jump to the conclusion that because he drank a lot it really was a party..make sense?

CZ - Have you even read the affidavit's?

This is not directed toward CZ or salvarenga, I just chose this post as a jumping off point...

The affidavits that were released, although they are "sworn statements" are NOT the sworn statements of BD or SA. They are the sworn statement of the LEO whose name appears on the first page.

The officer SAYS that Billie admitted they bought "illegal narcotics for ADKINS and HERSELF". No direct quote is offered. There's been some debate about whether or not marijuana is a narcotic. My prior understanding was that narcotics were drugs derived from opium... morphine... heroine... which marijuana clearly is not. Information was provided by a WS member, however, that UNDER TEXAS LAW marijuana is classified as a narcotic.

PURE SPECULATION FROM HERE ON:

If Billie had specifically stated marijuana, the officer seeking a search warrant could have substituted the word narcotic based on the legal definition, knowing it packs more punch than the word "marijuana." Billie may not even have said ANY of the words the officer used to describe what she had said. The officer INTERPRETED her words for the affidavit. Further, the statement (of Billie's) was not from the polygraph, so we don't have any idea (assuming she said it) whether or not it is true.

Assuming they did buy illegal drugs, I don't think they would have willingly provided the name of their supplier to LE, and it may not have dawned on them until after being interviewed by police and having their phones confiscated, that if they had spoken to him or her by phone on Monday night, they might have inadvertently identified him/her to police by providing the phones and narrowing down the approximate time such a call would have been made by their admission that they went to the ATM at a particular time and were home by another specific time.

techie stuff is not my strong suit, but if the posts made by all four household members share two IP addresses, one the vast majority of the time, and second one periodically that would indicate what?

All four members... then obviously a place they all have access to. Either at home (all we know is what Billie said, not what LE knows), stealing access from a neighbor's WiFi signal, or elsewhere?... I don't think aircards and tethering through a mobile device gives you a static IP address.

I don't know.

ETA: Has that been stated - that it's the same IP address? Hmmm... Or are you just asking 'in general'?

I'm trying to catch up this morning & I have read most of the threads. I've watched some clips of BD on Nancy Grace & did watch the show they repeated on Saturday night.

With so much discussion of what is BD saying which is true and what may LE have lied about, I have one question.

Did BD ever address what was in the affidavit about going to the ATM to withdraw money & buying illegal narcotics? I remember reading she said she was taking something for a tooth and then anti-anxiety medication. Has she explained it any further? So many of these cases seem to have drug use at the center of them.

TIA .... I'm sure this has been discussed at length already & I've missed it.

Regarding potential eye witnesses, I’m sure others on here have a lot more examples of this, but I think of a case I followed where a teenage girl was abducted. Two separate parents who knew her and knew what she looked like, came forward and said they saw her the morning she went missing, walking near her school (with some additional details). It was in a police affidavit and repeated by media as the case went on. When the man who abducted and murdered her was finally apprehended, he confessed to investigators and showed them where he abducted her from. It turned out she never made it anywhere near her school that morning. The eye witnesses, who had good intentions, were simply mistaken about seeing her that day.

So I always keep this in mind now when I hear about eye witnesses.

This is not directed toward CZ or salvarenga, I just chose this post as a jumping off point...

The affidavits that were released, although they are "sworn statements" are NOT the sworn statements of BD or SA. They are the sworn statement of the LEO whose name appears on the first page.

The officer SAYS that Billie admitted they bought "illegal narcotics for ADKINS and HERSELF". No direct quote is offered. There's been some debate about whether or not marijuana is a narcotic. My prior understanding was that narcotics were drugs derived from opium... morphine... heroine... which marijuana clearly is not. Information was provided by a WS member, however, that UNDER TEXAS LAW marijuana is classified as a narcotic.

PURE SPECULATION FROM HERE ON:

If Billie had specifically stated marijuana, the officer seeking a search warrant could have substituted the word narcotic based on the legal definition, knowing it packs more punch than the word "marijuana." Billie may not even have said ANY of the words the officer used to describe what she had said. The officer INTERPRETED her words for the affidavit. Further, the statement (of Billie's) was not from the polygraph, so we don't have any idea (assuming she said it) whether or not it is true.

Assuming they did buy illegal drugs, I don't think they would have willingly provided the name of their supplier to LE, and it may not have dawned on them until after being interviewed by police and having their phones confiscated, that if they had spoken to him or her by phone on Monday night, they might have inadvertently identified him/her to police by providing the phones and narrowing down the approximate time such a call would have been made by their admission that they went to the ATM at a particular time and were home by another specific time.

BBM - I think your statement rings true in many cases. LE doesn't perjure themselves, they only "enhance" their sworn statements. One only has to Google this information for many articles on where LE has done this in order to obtain a search warrant. Not saying it was done in this case but it is not out of the realm of possibilities.

I'm trying to catch up this morning & I have read most of the threads. I've watched some clips of BD on Nancy Grace & did watch the show they repeated on Saturday night.

With so much discussion of what is BD saying which is true and what may LE have lied about, I have one question.

Did BD ever address what was in the affidavit about going to the ATM to withdraw money & buying illegal narcotics? I remember reading she said she was taking something for a tooth and then anti-anxiety medication. Has she explained it any further? So many of these cases seem to have drug use at the center of them.

TIA .... I'm sure this has been discussed at length already & I've missed it.

On NG she claimed the money was for groceries and gas...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizz28