TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also have this nagging feeling that the cash was withdrawn from the ATM simply because they did not want a paper trail of their purchases on the bank card. I tend to believe gas was purchased thay night, and something "illegal" did happen. I just don't think she bought narcotics. I think that was said to throw LE off. According to comments I read on previous threads, there were several bottles of pills seen in the background of the Christmas picture of HD,BD,and SA

Not to implicate guilt here, but we do know that paper trails/receipts have led LE to recent perps, such as Matthew Hoffman's Wal-Mart receipts. If someone needed to get things like duct tape, bags, etc., this would be one way to do it without LE tracing the purchase. Just thinking about what gngr~snap posted... I had never thought about the cash withdrawal that way before.

I could have totally misheard this, but didn't they say on NG that SA had a laptop that was taken by LE? Did I just hear this wrong? IF he did, he could have been picking up internet through an unsecured connection somewhere near the house. But again, I am not sure if this is accurate. I just remember my ears perked up a bit when I thought I heard it, as it made sense with the internet connection stuff, but I was doing several things at once while listening that day. So I could be wrong.

I was just racking my brain as to where I heard about him having a laptop, but I did hear that also or read it. And have had the same thought as you that there could be an unsecured connection in order for someone to be able get on a laptop at BD's house...JMO

Can someone bring the timeline over from thread 24 page 15 that jbean compiled yesterday. I'm new not sure how to do it yet myself. I would be so thankful.

As a newbie it is helping me to narrow down when the crime had time to be accomplished. It also helps clear up who could have been involved. Can we add anything as fact to the timeline today?

Thanks to all the great minds working at this for the love of Hailey.

I woke up thinking about this. I'd prefer to think Billie knows nothing about what happened, much less is involved, but there is one thing that makes me wonder if she did know, at least.

Her son calls her to tell her that Hailey never made it to the sleepover and there was no expectation on her friend's part that there WAS a sleepover.

What's the first thing you'd do?

The very first thing I would do, as that panic feeling hit my stomach, is call Shawn and say "WHO did Hailey say she was spending the night with? It wasn't MB...are you SURE she said her?"

But it seems like Billie assumed she was missing and rushed to CCity?

Another choice for 1st thing to do: contact the parent(s) of the friend and verify the info. And ask if the parent knows anything else, etc., etc.

I have seen women play some pretty ridiculous games just to 'protect' that check every month -- even if the kids would be better off at dad's. Sad. Not saying that is the case here...just a speculation.

Just wanted to chime in and add to this: I've seen some men do the same thing. ;)

Ok - here we go.

Quote:
Adkins said the affidavits are inaccurate. In one, police said Adkins at first was "very positive" about Hailey but later indicated she was promiscuous and used drugs — but Adkins said Friday he told police only that Hailey's mother mentioned to him that she'd discussed birth control with her daughter.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=132961984

What night was it on NG that BD talked about Hailey and SA and his "promiscous" remark? She was the one who said she had talked to her about birth control. And that was the very first time we ever heard the words "birth control" out of ANYBODY's mouth.

IMHO It seems that BD is communicating with SA through the media. Which is something I've been thinking for some time now.

:furious:

I don't think we have any new facts to add, unfortunately. CZ, BD's friend, did come on last night and said there was another sighting of HD that had not been reported in the media. There was much debate about whether this sighting was accurate or not, as it was supposedly reported to LE early on yet the affidavits state that no one saw HD on the day she left the home, which suggests that it couldn't be confirmed. She also reported that the person who reported this sighting has had their home searched twice. We haven't heard any confirmation from LE or MSM on this, so I don't think we can consider any of this as fact. Just more running in circles, basically.

I was just racking my brain as to where I heard about him having a laptop, but I did hear that also or read it. And have had the same thought as you that there could be an unsecured connection in order for someone to be able get on a laptop at BD's house...JMO
It was SA's mom that had the laptop. LE has taken it and they still have it. They booked it as evidence and kept it after his mom called the station and said she was coming to get it.

I don't think we have any new facts to add, unfortunately. CZ, BD's friend, did come on last night and said there was another sighting of HD that had not been reported in the media. There was much debate about whether this sighting was accurate or not, as it was supposedly reported to LE early on yet the affidavits state that no one saw HD on the day she left the home, which suggests that it couldn't be confirmed. She also reported that the person who reported this sighting has had their home searched twice. We haven't heard any confirmation from LE or MSM on this, so I don't think we can consider any of this as fact. Just more running in circles, basically.

Yep, until it's confirmed.

"We are a family unit and we will remain a family unit until Shawn's name is cleared," added his grandmother, Renee Norwood, who claimed authorities were wrongly looking at her grandson. "I'm just fed up. Where is Hailey?"

She is fed up??? about her grand son being a suspect or about HD missing or what??

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=132961984

It was SA's mom that had the laptop. LE has taken it and they still have it. They booked it as evidence and kept it after his mom called the station and said she was coming to get it.

Oh, for some reasons I thought that was a desktop. I thought this was referred to as SA's laptop. But, like I said before, I could be wrong.

BeanE
It's about Caylee, Gabe, Ethan, Kyron, Jonathan, Hailey

Updated. Thank you to everyone who helped! I probably won't get around to adding in the source reference links until Monday. If anyone needs the source for any info in this timeline before then, please feel free to holler at me.

Hailey Dunn Timeline

Sun, Dec 26

Unknown: Hailey returns home from an overnight Christmas visit with her dad.

09:00:00 PM: Hailey's brother sees Hailey playing a video game in the living room as he leaves the house. Last reliable sign of life from Hailey.

10:00:00 PM: Billie claims to have seen Hailey watching TV in her room.

Mon, Dec 27

Unknown: Billie claims to have looked in on Hailey in bed in her room. Is unsure if she's really there.

05:30:00 AM: Shawn leaves for work. 24.9 miles/36 minutes Colorado City <> Snyder. 5:30am + 36 min = 6:06am

06:00:00 AM: Shawn arrives at work, gets a Dr. Pepper, sees supervisor, does not speak to anyone.

06:06:00 AM: Estimated arrival time at work for Shawn. 5:30am + 36 min = 6:06am

06:10:00 AM: Shawn leaves work. 24.9 miles/36 minutes Colorado City <> Snyder. 6:10am + 36 min = 6:46am.

06:20:00 AM: Billie leaves for work, picked up by co-worker. Billie leaves cell phone home for the kids to use.

06:35:00 AM: Per cell phone pings, Shawn returns to Colorado City, where Hailey's home is located.

06:46:00 AM: Estimated arrival time at Colorado City for Shawn from 6:10am. 6:10am + 36 min = 6:46am.

06:56:00 AM: Shawn's cell phone stops pinging in Colorado City. 38 miles/41 minutes between Colorado City <> Big Spring. 6:56am + 41 min = 7:37am

07:37:00 AM: Estimated arrival time at Big Spring for Shawn from 6:56am. 6:56am + 41 min = 7:37am

09:38:00 AM: Per cell phone pings, Shawn arrives in Big Spring, where his mother's home is. Shawn makes 11 phone calls.

12:00:00 PM: Billie claims a man (Charles) who lives with a neighbor (Travis) sees Hailey in yard talking on phone. Mike Board of WOAI claims his station found a woman who saw Hailey in the yard on the phone, but no time is given.

02:40:00 PM: Per cell phone pings, Shawn exits Big Spring. 38 miles/41 minutes between Colorado City <> Big Spring. 2:40pm + 41 min = 3:21pm

03:00:00 PM: Shawn claims to arrive at Hailey's home in Colorado City. Shawn claims Hailey is there, and tells him she is going to her dad's, then to her friend's.

03:15:00 PM: Shawn claims Hailey leaves home, leaving all personal belongings behind. No one sees her walk anywhere on this entire day. Bloodhounds later track Hailey going toward her father's house, toward her friend's house, and toward a hotel.

03:21:00 PM: Estimated arrival time at Colorado City for Shawn. 2:40pm + 41 min = 3:21pm

04:00:00 PM: Brother returns home. Pounds on door for 5 minutes. No one answers. Enters home through a window. Shawn is standing in a hallway with "a deer in the headlights look."

05:09:00 PM: Estimated time Shawn leaves Colorado City in order to pick up Billie at work at 5:45pm. 24.9 miles/36 minutes Colorado City <> Snyder. 5:45pm - 36 min = 5:09pm

05:45:00 PM: Shawn picks up Billie at work.

06:20:00 PM: Billie and Shawn make 2 ATM withdrawals in Snyder, $60 and $80. Billie later voluntarily tells LE that the money was buy illegal narcotics from someone in Scurry County for her and Shawn to use. Later still, Billie claims on national TV to have gotten the money to use for groceries and gas, and that she and Shawn were in Scurry County for only about 15 minutes. 24.9 miles/36 minutes Colorado City <> Snyder. 6:20pm + 15 min = 6:35pm + 36 min = 7:11pm. Note that drive time from Billie's workplace to her mother can not be included in the timeline at this time, as there is no acceptable source currently to confirm where Billie works, or where her mother lives.

07:11:00 PM: Estimated arrival time at Colorado City for Shawn and Billie. 6:20pm + 15 min = 6:35pm + 36 min = 7:11pm

07:30:00 PM: Billie and Shawn claim to arrive back home in Colorado City.

07:30:00 PM: Billie and Shawn begin watching movies.

10:00:00 PM: Billie and Shawn go to bed. See 10pm Sun Dec 26 for last time Billie made any effort to determine Hailey's whereabouts or well-being.

Tue, Dec 28

12:00:00 PM: Billie calls Hailey's brother and tells him to text Hailey's friend, and tell her to tell Hailey to come home. Brother texts but unable to contact friend. Brother calls and friend says Hailey never said she was going there, and never came over. This is the first time since Sun Dec 26 at 10pm that Billie has made any effort to determine Hailey's whereabouts or well-being. Billie has a co-worker drive her to Colorado City. She checks several places for Hailey.

02:00:00 PM: Billie reports Hailey missing to LE at the police department.

Note: 24.9 miles/36 minutes Colorado City <> Snyder. 2:00pm - 36 min = 1:24pm. Billie spent somewhere between 24 minutes and an hour and 24 minutes checking places for Hailey before going to LE to report her missing.

All human wisdom is summed up in these two words - 'wait' and 'hope'. Alexandre Dumas

And sore must be the storm That could abash the little bird That kept so many warm. Emily Dickinson

I could have totally misheard this, but didn't they say on NG that SA had a laptop that was taken by LE? Did I just hear this wrong? IF he did, he could have been picking up internet through an unsecured connection somewhere near the house. But again, I am not sure if this is accurate. I just remember my ears perked up a bit when I thought I heard it, as it made sense with the internet connection stuff, but I was doing several things at once while listening that day. So I could be wrong.

It clearly states in one of the affadavits a Dell Inspiron 530 containing a Western Digital 500 GB hard drive is being held in the police station's evidence room. Of course, that could be an old broken computer found tossed in a closet that hasn't been used in ages.

I'm told this is SA's mother's computer.

I was here late last night and did follow along. Was too tired to ask any thoughtful questions, grrr. I agree we couldnt consider those facts at this time.
Everyone was on a roll yesterday, lots of great thoughts and work put into double checking accuracies.

I know this has been said before by others on here, but I want to say it again because I think this is important, considering that he went to his mom's on 12/27.

Wait, this article says that LE confirms SA made calls from his phone on 12/27 a.m. after leaving work (from Colorado City). I thought they had pings, but don't recall anything confirming he made calls. If this article is correct, it could well explain the calls to Billie that SA deleted from his phone while under interrogation. Was he calling Billie from her home after leaving work?

I think the article is wrong, but can anyone refresh my memory? We have not heard confirmation that he was making calls that morning from Colorado City, right? Just that his phone was pinging there.

It clearly states in one of the affadavits a Dell Inspiron 530 is being held in the police station's evidence room.

That is AS's mother's computer. They seized it. She went to pick it up, but they weren't finished mirroring the hard drive or something, so they booked it into evidence.

ETA: That is what I remember one article stating. Whew, all of the details are getting hard to keep track of..

Ok, I have cleared it up!

Nancy Grace 1/13/11

"As Hailey`s dad goes out to physically search for his missing girl, the boyfriend cuts off all contact with Hailey`s mom, refusing to cooperate with police any longer. In the last hours, more items seized from Hailey`s bedroom, plus the boyfriend`s computer, too."

GRACE: We are taking your calls live. But first out to Priscilla Luong, with CNN affiliate KTAB joining us from Abilene, Texas. Priscilla, what`s the latest on your end?

PRISCILLA LUONG, KTAB CORRESPONDENT: Well, Nancy, we obtained two affidavits today that reveal what electronic items were taken from the Dunns` house. We learned that several MP3 players, a CD, a flash drive was taken of Hailey`s. And we also learned through another affidavit that Shawn`s laptop was also seized in the investigation.

GRACE: Now, wasn`t he using his mom`s computer?

LUONG: Well, Nancy, that was not revealed inside the affidavit, so we`re unable to confirm those details with law enforcement.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/13/ng.01.html

It clearly states in one of the affadavits a Dell Inspiron 530 is being held in the police station's evidence room.
Ya know I was just thinking about that. But there was mention of a laptop in one of the articles. Please don't ask which one. Now, I'm wondering if this is just inaccurate reporting or is there both a tower and a laptop?

Clear as mud

Wait, this article says that LE confirms SA made calls from his phone on 12/27 a.m. after leaving work (from Colorado City). I thought they had pings, but don't recall anything confirming he made calls. If this article is correct, it could well explain the calls to Billie that SA deleted from his phone while under interrogation. Was he calling Billie from her home after leaving work?

I think the article is wrong, but can anyone refresh my memory? We have not heard confirmation that he was making calls that morning from Colorado City, right? Just that his phone was pinging there.

There were 11 calls captured, but it was during the time the phone was pinging from his moms. 9:38-2:40 That was in the affidavits, there were probably more, but those are the only one's we know about for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne