TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shoot, Wise Old Owl, my stomach would rest easier if we saw 'baby bear' or 'lion cub' peek out of Billie for a minute..

(regarding missing SD cards from wildlife cameras on SA family hunting land)

I think the general feeling here is that if they had the cards, they'd have someone in custody.

I sure hope that LE is picking up the trash at the places SA stays/visits. You don't need a warrant for that, and there could be lots of good stuff in there.

I would hope they have taken dogs to that property!

How did "dead squirrels" climb into C.A.s engine? *LOL*

I think that the implication was that someone wearing a cast died. If you were injured in a fall or car accident and put in casts, then you died of your injuries, the casts would be removed to prepare you for burial. They'd smell like "dead people"

Whenever someone wears a cast, there is a "sloughing" of the skin underneath the cast. It is usually identified by itching. When you remove the cast there is tissue that is noted on the inside of the cast, It would decomopose like any other skin tissue. Thereby, leaving a identifiable traceable scent. IMO

Particularly in light of his statements that Billie had discussed Birth Control with her. They may have jumped to conclusions that were not valid.
I'm thinking the opposite direction. I think he called her worse, and they used a "more polite" term for his description.

"I think her friend said her check bounced, and she continued to work even though they suspended her license for non-renewal... then didn't show up at the hearing to reinstate it, so they revoked it permanently.
I am wondering why the state board would not require a money order, or a credit or debit card to renew the nursing license, rather than accept a personal check. A check takes 2-3 weeks to clear, so if she was too close to the deadline for renewal... that's pretty risky."

She wouldn't have had her license permanently revoked if she hadn't committed professional misconduct by practicing nursing without a license for almost a year. Here is her page on the state's professional disciplinary site:
http://www.bon.state.tx.us/disciplinaryaction/discp-action-012009.html
Scroll down to her name, then hit the link at her license number.

What kind of mindset allows this to happen?

(regarding missing SD cards from wildlife cameras on SA family hunting land)

I think the general feeling here is that if they had the cards, they'd have someone in custody.

I sure hope that LE is picking up the trash at the places SA stays/visits. You don't need a warrant for that, and there could be lots of good stuff in there.

It is legal to burn trash in a burn barrel in many small towns in Texas. Anyone know if they can burn trash in Dunn? Is SA's family doing this?

We need a good legal opinion on the ability to get a search warrant under the circumstances as we know them. It seems to me that since SA is a suspect and he had free access 24/7 to his family's homes and hunting land, a search warrant would be easily approved.

Calling all law experts...help!

"I think her friend said her check bounced, and she continued to work even though they suspended her license for non-renewal... then didn't show up at the hearing to reinstate it, so they revoked it permanently.
I am wondering why the state board would not require a money order, or a credit or debit card to renew the nursing license, rather than accept a personal check. A check takes 2-3 weeks to clear, so if she was too close to the deadline for renewal... that's pretty risky."

She wouldn't have had her license permanently revoked if she hadn't committed professional misconduct by practicing nursing without a license for almost a year. Here is her page on the state's professional disciplinary site:

Thank you for posting this link....hopefully, anyone with questions will read it. :seeya:

Maybe because its kinda hard to ID someone when they are wearing a full head mask.

Just sayin'..................

UhHuh. And how many people would be walking around on his family's property wearing creepy looking masks? One, or two???

SA's unexplained departure from work on 12/27 a.m. is the key to what happened to Hailey if she ran away or was harmed (restating the obvious). This time frame is significant to finding where she is now. Can't get my head around it. I think the phone records will explain a lot - wish we could see those!!

Is it possible:
-Shawn leaves the house at 5:30 planning for the normal work day.
-He gets to work or is going to work, and gets a call from Billie. Either the drugs they fed her last night caused her not to wake up, or Billie and Hailey got into it on Monday morning and Hailey was killed. Or, Hailey remembers something that happened to her last night and says she is going to tell on Billie and Shawn.
- Shawn says let me think; just go to work with your friend - act normal. He goes and clocks in at work, grabs a soda and bolts - he's had no time to plan ahead. He heads back to CC, does whatever he does with Hailey with his phone battery removed, and then heads to mom's house to establish an alibi.
-He goes back to Billie's in the afternoon to make sure there is no evidence of whatever happened the night before or that morning (DD comes home at 4 p.m. while this is in progress).
- SA and BD concoct the sleepover story at MB's house to give themselves more time to come up with a story and get their acts together.
-LE informed 12/28 afternoon of the disappearance; they tell Billie to stay calm, it could be a runaway (and once they talk to family and friends and know that she often stayed elsewhere, it's a logical theory).
-Clint and Nana say no way to the runaway theory; as does MB (wouldn't Hailey tell her that she was splitting, even if she didn't say where). Clint and Nana say Hailey knows she could always comes stay with one of us again; they think something happened to her. Billie agrees; can't look bad and say Hailey had any reason to want to run away and nobody would buy it anyway. Everything snowballs from there...

Just gettin' it out of my head. More speculation whilst waiting on new developments!

Was it ever reported why SA went to his mom's in Big Spring after leaving work? It seems strange to me that he would randomly leave work right after clocking in and drive 30 miles that early in the morning just to see his mom. I mean who just wakes up one morning and goes to work at 6 something and says, I think I'll quit my job today and then drive 30 miles to my mom's house? Obviously with the pings reported that is not exactly what he did but I was just curious if he ever said why he was going to his mom's?

Thanks Tonya! I need to refresh my memory...do you know who discovered them missing and under what circumstance? Did that same person report it to police or did someone else report it? Anyone know?

A hunter that leases the land found that they were missing and it was reported to one of the searchers. The searcher came back to the command center set up by the local searchers and it was called in by the command post to the SO.

Well, here we are at day what??

The only thing I am truely 100% certain of...Hailey is missing.:banghead:

Further, she has been in a relationship with SA. Beth Holloway was talking about a stranger. Not to say that Billie shouldn't feel the same way if it turns out that SA has something to do with Hailey's appearance, but I think it may be taking awhile to sink in with Billie (that is - if it's true that she doesn't know anything, which is just one theory of many).

MOO

I agree. It must be extremely difficult to fathom that someone you have cared, loved and trusted could have possibly hurt you child.

I have to take a moment to comment on CD's girlfriends interview (the video). Imo she shows more emotion than BD!
http://www.cbs7kosa.com/news/details.asp?ID=23381

<respectfully snipped>

crimejunkie, not only that, but contrast the GF's demeanor to SA's in his on-camera interviews. It's like night and day, IMO.

Plus, I can't quit thinking about what he said in raw interview 4:

"I love Hailey with all my heart and I believe Hailey loves me with all her heart, too." Boy, do I ever call BULLS#1T on that one!

Thanks Tonya! I need to refresh my memory...do you know who discovered them missing and under what circumstance? Did that same person report it to police or did someone else report it? Anyone know?

I will try to hunt down the news article about it; IIRC, a hunter/owner of one of those cameras reported it.

I am a nurse. Usually, the hospital or institution tracks your license and knows when it is due for renewal via the Nusing office. They will remove you from your job if you do not have a license although, I don't know any nurses who allow it to lapse. The Nursing office will hound you for the license and remove you on the day after the expiration. They can check your license status online quickly. It does seem wierd that the Board of Nursing allowed fees to be paid by personal check. I am licensed in many states and generally, I have to go get a money order for fees. Every state is different and perhaps Texas allows personal check. If they cited BD for "practiciing without a license" the institution would be liable ,too. IMO.
I know the Renewal standard would have made it mandatory for her to have 20 CEU's along with the fees associated with obtaining the CEU's. The fees for the CEU's would add up, too. She would have to provide a credit card to do the CEU's online. Sounds like the whole thing was an out of control financial issue and Texas is notorious for paying nurses low wages along with the southern states. Not that the wage is the issue because you have to live wihtin your means.I do have coworkers from Southern states who work on the East and West coast and travel back to Texas. I can understand the whole "lapse" mess. I did move to a Southern States and was flabergasted by the rate of pay. I went back to DC to work.

What kind of mindset allows this to happen?

I think an "I'll deal with this when I absolutely have no other options" mindset. I doubt that she realized how significant the repercussions would be, until it was too late. They wanted her to pay roughly $1200 in court costs, etc, as well. I imagine she could ill afford those costs.
A poorly informed, overly optimistic, disadvantaged procrastinator.
M.O.O.

SA's unexplained departure from work on 12/27 a.m. is the key to what happened to Hailey if she ran away or was harmed (restating the obvious). This time frame is significant to finding where she is now. Can't get my head around it. I think the phone records will explain a lot - wish we could see those!!

Is it possible:
-Shawn goes leaves the house at 5:30 planning for the normal work day.
-He gets to work or is going to work, and gets a call from Billie. Either the drugs they fed her last night caused her not to wake up, or Billie and Hailey got into it on Monday morning and Hailey was killed. Or, Hailey remembers something that happened to her last night and says she is going to tell on Billie and Shawn.
- Shawn says let me think; just go to work with your friend - act normal. He goes and clocks in at work, grabs a soda and bolts. He heads back to CC, does whatever he does with Hailey with his phone battery removed, and then heads to mom's house to establish an alibi.
-He goes back to Billie's in the afternoon to make sure there is no evidence of whatever happened the night before or that morning (DD comes home at 4 p.m. while this is in progress).
- SA and BD concoct the sleepover story at MB's house to give themselves more time to come up with a story and get their acts together.
-LE informed 12/28 afternoon of the disappearance; they tell Billie to stay calm, it could be a runaway (and once they talk to family and friends and know that she often stayed elsewhere, it's a logical theory).
-Clint and Nana say no way to the runaway theory; as does MB (wouldn't Hailey tell her that she was splitting, if she didn't say where). Clint and Nana say Hailey knows she could always comes stay with one of us again; they think something happened to her. Billie agrees; can't look bad and say Hailey had any reason to want to run away and nobody would buy it anyway. Everything snowballs from there...

Just gettin' it out of my head. More speculation whilst waiting on new developments!

BBM

I have been wondering why the would give BD's brother a poly, since in our timeline we hear nothing of him.....but the boled part would make that fit. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..............:waitasec: lol, boled. Wake up teh!

It is legal to burn trash in a burn barrel in many small towns in Texas. Anyone know if they can burn trash in Dunn? Is SA's family doing this?

We need a good legal opinion on the ability to get a search warrant under the circumstances as we know them. It seems to me that since SA is a suspect and he had free access 24/7 to his family's homes and hunting land, a search warrant would be easily approved.

Calling all law experts...help!

Typically small towns in Texas do allow for the burning of trash. Some have designated days and some are cool with it unless there is a burn ban in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Owlsorflowers