TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=332046
Monday night's Nancy Grace show on HLN will feature our raw interviews with Shawn Adkins, a suspect in the disappearance of 13-year-old Hailey Dunn.

According to a sensationally-worded episode promotion on Facebook, the show will center on last Friday's search of Abilene's landfill, which turned up empty.

I thought about that - but that doesn't matter. ANYONE could take ANY mask and put it on. Maybe a custom one might not fit all that well - but a head is a head. And if you're going to commit a heinous crime why would you wear your mask if you had access to someone else's? Just because you bought a mask doesn't mean it was you wearing it - KWIM?

I would really like to know if LE has taken those masks or even found them!

I'd think that you would know who had it, if you did not.

It would have had to have been someone intentionally FRAMING Shawn; someone who knew he was into the gore stuff and owned the masks, AND had access to the masks to borrow and return one. At the minimum, they'd leave behind DNA.

Okay, I had lunch with my daughter and we talked about the case- I asked her if she had heard about missing SD's from the cam and she said she had read that from a man on the Find Hailey Dunn FB page and that he supposidly talked to the hunters but they didn't call it in but he did and there were boot prints around the cameras. As far as them being related, who knows-but who in the world would take the cards, if this is true. Anyways, the poster that revealed this SD information has apparently been searching non-stop and he also mentioned that SA's family has alot of land around Dunn and they frequently lease parts of it out to hunters..but we went online to scurry tax collection website-different than the county webpage and tried a search of various names that have been linked to SA and there's been nothing of use come up. The only thing we can think of is it could be in other last names we do not know of.

Arghh! the thing with the SD cards is sooo bothering me. The only person(s) who would know about a hunting camera like that would be the owner. My hubby has one in the woods he hunts. There are several other hunters out there too. Wildlife is the only thing that has ever set his off even with other hunters out there. He moves it often and brings it home when he thinks it isnt working right or when he wants to remove the SD card. I cannot think of any reason for a camera like that to be attached to a tree and NOT have the SD card in it!

I don't believe Hailey would hide this long from her grandmother, her dad or her sister, anyway. And I don't believe she would not take her "stuff" if she took off for more than an overnight.

Why would SA say that he believes Hailey loves him with all of her heart? Even if it were true, it is a creepy thing to say. And I think we know it is not true. All he had to say was we got along okay, nothing major...

Respecfully bolded by yllek.

Because she asked him for 10 bucks once (eye roll). I so agree with you. That statement was so much BS and so unnecessary. The only reason he would say that is because he is hiding the truth.

Also, did you find it strange that he said at the end of the interview, "I just want Haleigh to come home, we are ready for her to come home". At first I thought may be he was sending a message to someone who he knows is involved. As the case has progressed, I think it was just another subconscious slip of the tongue. When weren't you ready to have her "in her house" Shawn?

Yllek

I agree that the showing up at work is a key here. What is his purpose to show up for ten minutes and grab a Dr. Pepper? Alibi, dispose of evidence, get evidence or something in his locker he knew he wouldnt be able to get after he quit. Lots of possibilities here. It was a very early red flag, his change of routine even before we found out he quit.

I see the crime happening the night prior. He probably made calls to Billie that am either routinely to wake her up for work, or on this am to see if Billie knew yet that Hailey was missing from her bed. I dont believe BD checked in on Hailey and he knew this from observing her routines.

The clothing Hailey was last seen wearing, sweat pants and light tee seem questionable for a teenager out hanging with her friends. My girls sleep in sweats but rarely go out in the day in anything but jeans or work clothing. Also there was early confusion on the shoes. Are both the flip flops and the tennis shoes missing? Did he return to the house to grab the tennis shoes?

I think Billie is wavering with memories and doubt about whether SA is involved. She may have lots of confusion. SA tells her one version and she remembers it differently, or heard something different in his voice, she is debating with herself and her memories. Like when your bf or husband tries to make you think youre crazy and "that girl" is a co-worker or so and so and you later find out he had been cheating with her. For all his inconsistencies she is feeling guilty and like she is the crazy one. I can view this being a very likely explanation for her emotionless and desire to hold onto any part of SA thinking they will be a family again. She is in denial.

Most parent's discuss birth control with their children. I cannot see how LE would ever jump to the conclusion that a statement that said "well her mother has discussed birth control with her" would lead LE to believe that the child is "promiscuous".

I'd love to hear that line of questioning. :waitasec:

MOO

I wasn't clear. If Shawn said "Billie and Hailey talked about birth control because Hailey was getting a little boy-crazy" that could be read as "promiscuous" although meant to indicate that Hailey did not have a specific boyfriend, but that she and her mom had discussed BC just in case because she was becoming interested in boys.

I'd think that you would know who had it, if you did not.

It would have had to have been someone intentionally FRAMING Shawn; someone who knew he was into the gore stuff and owned the masks, AND had access to the masks to borrow and return one. At the minimum, they'd leave behind DNA.
Actually I was intimating the other way around. Not SA being framed but say SA had been asked by someone to keep their mask for them (along with SA's own masks). Either way - very hard to ID someone in a mask.

What kind of mindset allows this to happen?
(nursing licence revocation)

I don't know. A person that doesn't care too much about their job/themselves. Some people just bury their head in the sand and let things like this happen. She had money for drugs (as per the affidavits) but not for something as important as her nursing licence. Priorities.

WOW it's like Groundhog Day(the movie) on the different threads. Poor Hailey, it just keeps going in a big circle. I was hoping to come here and find a break in the case:banghead:

Check Nancy Grace "Breaking NEWS' (said sarcastically):crazy:

We are not sleuthing him, only repeating what cz said BD told her.......huge difference.

So SA said he was fired from his job on the 28th. Then it was said that he quit. But did he actually quit? Didn't his boss say he got a soda and then walked out? I'm just wondering if he officially quit or not? I'm assuming he hasn't gone back there since Hailey went missing.

Can someone explain what "3 sides of white" means regarding the eyes? What is significant about that? I've seen it brought up a few times and I have no clue what that means/infers about someone. Thanks!

Google "Yin Sanpaku eyes" or either "Charles Manson" and that should explain it to you!

DEAR GOD PLEASE BRING HAILEY HOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members