TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
more publicity on the kamp-date... his statement is going National folks

—Dogs searching a landfill have turned up evidence in the case of a 13-year-old West Texas girl reported missing nearly three weeks ago, a spokesman for the investigation told The Associated Press on Tuesday.
Colorado City Manager Pete Kampfer declined to elaborate about what had been found during a recent search of the landfill in Abilene, about 70 miles east of Colorado City, where Hailey Darlene Dunn was reported missing Dec. 28.
"It's a sensitive part of the investigation," Kampfer said. "The cadaver dogs did hit on items at the landfill."

Read more: Texas landfill search finds clues in disappearance - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/rawnews/ci_17128618#ixzz1BQW2F15a
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

Why is the City Manager privy to this information in the first place? What even gives him the right to be sitting in on meetings, briefings, getting updates on this case at all? He is not a member of any LE agency.

I wonder how the FBI feels about him?

you know if someone wanted to create a tighter alibi and hand HD cell, what better way then to send a Text. I mean really easy, SA knew her friends, they were probably in the contacts list.

No that doesn't tell me 100% that HD sent that text.

I had this same thought as well. It will be interesting to find out more info on the text...

]I recall at one point that LE (FBI?) was going to take over press releases.[/B] So, did that all get tossed out the window?? Or just Mr. K's window?
d

so did I wildmala! and as far as I have seen that has not happened...

maybe after the snafu today these things will change... esp with the arrival of Klaas kids...

(((imhoo K has never stepped away from his official position on this case... or speaking about it for that matter)))

I might add that I take what he says with 12 cases of rock salt.

moo

:furious:I personally am concerned that there is a "city manager" handling the press instead of a seasoned officer, Texas Ranger, FBI agent, TXDOT Trooper, Secret Service personnel handling that job. He seems a bit over involved and quite out of his area of expertise. Perhaps he should leave the police functions for the police to do and then we might get some accruate information!:furious:

It only makes sense that they searched the landfill that services Mitchell County for their household garbage after checking the landfills that would service Scurry County, where they believe that SA was truthful about where to find HD.

They have likely found the household garbage IMO. There could be clothing or something that the dogs hit on?

MOO

I recall at one point that LE (FBI?) was going to take over press releases. So, did that all get tossed out the window?? Or just Mr. K's window?

So, is the 'text message being looked into' info a current statement?? I am trying to keep up, but just when I think I have everything straight in my head, Mr. K speaks!! :maddening::maddening:

Well, I wonder if Nancy Grace is getting Mr. K to talk a little more about the text if she'll try and get him on tonight? Would be interesting. But then again, I would also hate for something to come out of his mouth that will hinder the investigation, too.

I'm going to go put on my new boots and got out for a marg. (Just kidding...picking the kiddos up from school) See ya when I eventually catch up again!

I recall at one point that LE (FBI?) was going to take over press releases. So, did that all get tossed out the window?? Or just Mr. K's window?

Oh yeah. I forgot about that, but that was said at some point. Thanks for bringing that up.

Why is the City Manager privy to this information in the first place? What even gives him the right to be sitting in on meetings, briefings, getting updates on this case at all? He is not a member of any LE agency.

I wonder how the FBI feels about him?

I have heard Kampfer actually say he was FBI at one time in his life...not sure if that is the truth or not. He is not going to give up being "spokesman" easily either. Gives him a chance to wear his cowboy hat and look like he fits in around here. He is the one who cut our police dept due to "budget restraints" and now has done an about face and is hiring 2 additional officers. We had an outstanding Police Chief that Kampfer ran off a few months ago. He is one difficult person to work with or work for...jmo. :crazy:

Strawberry - your post flicked a switch for me. We don't know that SA DIDN'T go to work on Tuesday. He very well could have. It hasn't been confirmed if he quit and the company did say he wasn't fired. So, he could have reutrned to work on Tuesday Now I would think his supervisor would have had a talk with him - and I would love to know what was said - but still - he could have gone back to work on Tuesday. We just don't know.

BBM

ITA. I was just having that thought when I read your post. I looked at the affidavit and all is stays is that he had not been fired, was a good employee, and had no altercation on Monday. There was nothing at all mentioned about Tuesday.

Me thinks he went back to work on Tuesday, and was thinking his life would just go on its merry little way and that he would never be a suspect - and that his whereabouts on Monday would not come into question as far as not being at work.

ETA: As to why he would say that he had had an altercation or whatever, I have no idea. But he had to go somewhere on Tuesday - sounds like he leaves before Billie does, so he had to have gotten up and gone somewhere or she would have been suspicious. And I have a hard time thinking that he quit his job in this economy. Oh carp - I don't know what I think anymore.

I have heard Kampfer actually say he was FBI at one time in his life...not sure if that is the truth or not. He is not going to give up being "spokesman" easily either. Gives him a chance to wear his cowboy hat and look like he fits in around here. He is the one who cut our police dept due to "budget restraints" and now has done an about face and is hiring 2 additional officers. We had an outstanding Police Chief that Kampfer ran off a few months ago. He is one difficult person to work with or work for...jmo. :crazy:

Thanks for the info!

Lurker and fairly newbie to this site. Can't remember my original reason for finding this site but now I'm sooo intrigued. You guys are fantastic. :)

Anyway...living in a small Texas town myself, many times, the city manager is the "spokesperson" for events, even though the Texas Rangers are really running the show. I agree with others who have said or inferred that the CM here just likes to hear himself talk. Mayors are also like that and I'm kinda surprised that the Mayor is not telling the CM to be quiet.

I know there has been talk about HD being held in a basement or cellar. If West Texas is like North Texas, I don't believe they have basements. There are a lot of older homes with these storm cellars (think the movie "Twister"). Plus, in W. Texas, there might be abandoned oil wells that you can slide (vertically) a body down..sorry for the visual.

Also, San Angelo is not that far away from Colorado City...and there's a river plus a lot of just wide open spaces. Just north of San Angelo, towards Abilene, Goodyear owns a large tire research facility. Lots of places with mesquite trees, brush and arroyos/creeks.

And, if it hasn't been posted in past threads, the disciplinary action against BD is available on-line (sorry to repeat this). Would she lie to protect herself or SA if he did something do Hailey?

Here is hoping Hailey is found safe and sound....

I think BD is working very hard to establish through the media that HD was alive and seen during the Day on Monday Dec 27. I wonder why? I know to a lot of y'all this is a "no S#!t Sherlock" observation, but I think it is important to illuminate at this point in the game.

I am also starting to lose my place in these threads and I am making a formal request to the mods (right now right here) that a sub-forum on HD be opened so some of the avenues of discussion can get their own threads.

Representatives from two private missing children's organizations have arrived in Colorado City to help in the search for 13-year-old Hailey Dunn – KlaasKids and the Laura Recovery Center.

Brad Dennis, the Director of Search Operations for KlaasKids Foundation’s National Search Center for Missing Children said he would be meeting with law enforcement throughout the day as well as Hailey's mother, Billie Dunn. Dennis said he hoped to formulate a plan for how his group can assist in the search by the end of the day.
The Laura Recovery Center, based outside Houston in Friendswood, Texas, organizes community-based searches using very specific mapping and communication techniques.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=332626

Even thou SA looks guilty as he** imo
I'm really starting to wonder if this is a stranger abduction?
The interstate is right there I think anyway!
I'm thinking trucker ??
jmo

I was thinking in the beginning it still on my list. I can't rule out SA!

But if I did I going to say it someone in that town. I think she would had her ipod or whatever it was (still confused of what she had).

I feel Hailey went missing from her home or her yard. IMO anyway:banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member