TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this (city manager) type of information, we have a run away, we don't, we have hit on landfill, we don't, etc., we did not tell anyone they failed, is what the family was dealing with and is why they were looking for HELP when they found websleuths. I remember the first couple of days and how everyone jumped on this case with helpful hints offers to print fliers, contacting NG, etc. I do not think they would even be looking for Hailey if Billie had not fought for coverage.They would still be considering her a run-a-way. Not bashing all LE but this has been mishandled from day one.

This is why I will never believe Billie has anything to do with Hailey' disappearance - she fought and is still fighting for coverage - yes, she made a mistake bringing someone into her home, yes she does not answer the questions the way many wants her too, she is not crying on NG, but I still see the pain on her face, the same pain that many saw at the beginning of this case.

It would be in BD's benefit, if she were looking for Hailey, to come forth and talk to LE about everything SA may have talked about. For instance, if he ever mentioned places that he thought were creepy, or where he might have shot some of the videos, etc. She's got to be complete in her talking to LE and not protect SA if she is not involved.

I think Hailey may be found in some locale that he may have mentioned.

Could clues be in these videos?

oh and now here is this!!!! Kampfer... please get your statements in sync already!!!

I work with a couple of City Council's in our County (in Cali). I have never seen any City Manager speak in lieu of a Chief of Police or PIO? To me this is strange ... Is this routine in Texas?

The whole 'no evidence' report from earlier --- Was there ever an actual quote? All I found was a news reference but no direct quote:

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26505837/detail.html

I tried to bump up my earlier post but the links got lost... so I am cutting and pasting...

sorry for the long post belimom:

Quote:
Originally Posted by elh
http://www.ccitynews.net/news/story/...-investigation

"Abilene dump site results not related to Dunn investigation"
that was three days and 43 minutes ago...

not to mention earlier today Kemper, at KTXS was quoted as saying that landfill search results were not currently being released to the media ((which told me something was found)) as in the same paragraph/statement to media he mentioned forensics and also the complete shift to a criminal investigation...

(((here is the earlier link where on the last thread I speculated that they may in fact have found something))

Quote:
Kampfer says the focus has shifted to a criminal investigation and assures the community that tools like forensics and the best agencies are on the case.
"We are not giving up. Because there is not a physical presence that you see of law enforcement, that doesn't mean we're not being aggressive," said Kampfer.
Last Friday, law enforcement searched Abilene's landfill. Kampfer said they have chosen not to release any information about their findings. d http://www.ktxs.com/news/26519425/detail.html

today LE has met with Klaas kids on the search and future plans... is it possible that future searches that may be seen by the public need to be addressed? ie swarms of media digging or going back to the landfill etc...

Quote:
uesday Morning Update:
Brad Dennis, the Director of Search Operations for KlaasKids Foundation’s National Search Center for Missing Children, tells bigcountryhomepage.com he has arrived in Colorado City.
Dennis says he'll be meeting with law enforcement throughout the day as well as Hailey's mother, Billie Dunn.

Dennis says he hopes to formulate a plan for how his group can assist in the search by the end of the day.

At this point, Dennis is the only KlaasKids representative in town. He says additional people from the group will fly as early as tonight, if needed.http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=332126

so now these landfill results... which previously have not been discussed are openly being admitted... something was found that links to this case. and the garbage dumped in that location was from Colorado City.

-----------------------------but still no Hailey....I pray for you honey!-----------

Quote:
A spokesman for the investigation into a missing 13-year-old West Texas girl says dogs searching one of three landfills turned up evidence in the case even as hope remains for her safe return.
Colorado City Manager Pete Kampfer declined to elaborate Tuesday on what was found or why the landfill in Abilene was searched in the disappearance of Hailey Darlene Dunn. http://www.ktxs.com/news/26530508/detail.html

Representatives from two private missing children's organizations have arrived in Colorado City to help in the search for 13-year-old Hailey Dunn – KlaasKids and the Laura Recovery Center.

Brad Dennis, the Director of Search Operations for KlaasKids Foundation’s National Search Center for Missing Children said he would be meeting with law enforcement throughout the day as well as Hailey's mother, Billie Dunn. Dennis said he hoped to formulate a plan for how his group can assist in the search by the end of the day.
The Laura Recovery Center, based outside Houston in Friendswood, Texas, organizes community-based searches using very specific mapping and communication techniques.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=332626

Thank Goodness!!!!

That's a good question. We're already at 29 threads and I still have a devil of a time finding them when I log on. Things move so quickly, it's almost impossible to keep up, and just when I think I have, I realize the thread I'm reading has just closed. By the time I get to the next one, it's already a few pages long. :crazy:

I wish I could say "thank you" several times for this post! And PLEASE give me just 15 minutes to catch up before starting another thread:pullhair:

after examining all of city manager's comments... in recent articles... and devoid of any LE statement... I cannot dismiss the fact that evidence in this case might have been found in that abilene landfill search.

even if a bandaid.

and I also am further considering putting his statements personally on my "triple coffee filter list" ... he has been on the double filter for me personally but now the triple may apply...

I've wondered if he went to pick up something he needed from work.

There have been a few suggestions here of what that might have been.

Someone said those plastic paper suits used to protect clothing.
Someone else said tools needed to dig or scrape or cut.
Another suggested he may be meeting up with a friend or coworker.

I think BD is working very hard to establish through the media that HD was alive and seen during the Day on Monday Dec 27. I wonder why? I know to a lot of y'all this is a "no S#!t Sherlock" observation, but I think it is important to illuminate at this point in the game.

I am also starting to lose my place in these threads and I am making a formal request to the mods (right now right here) that a sub-forum on HD be opened so some of the avenues of discussion can get their own threads.

Hello, my friend. :)

I agree that's what Billie is doing - trying hard to establish that Hailey was alive and well during the times following the last credible sign of life we have from Hailey - at 9pm Sunday night, Dec 26, when her brother saw her playing the video game.

I think she's doing this primarily to cover for Shawn, because I think she knows he is the one primarily responsible for Hailey's demise.

I think that's her role in this - not as a participant in Hailey's disappearance and demise, but to cover up for Shawn having been the active participant, either alone, or as 'ringleader' of more than one active participant.

On the text message, if it exists, in no way do I think it was sent by Hailey. I think it was sent by Shawn, and I wonder if he was trying to get another girl - MB.

I am keeping in mind though that Billie said on NG that MB said she hadn't heard from Hailey that day, and NG had specifically asked her about texts. I'll have to find which show that was in to get the exact wording.

My opinion based on the info currently available.

The denials of evidence at the landfill seem likely whether or not there is some-- a confirmation? Doesn't seem likely that would get floated out there if there wasn't some validity to the claim. mo

:(

I have heard Kampfer actually say he was FBI at one time in his life...not sure if that is the truth or not. He is not going to give up being "spokesman" easily either.

respectfully snipped

I'd heard that he was ex-FBI, redcat. And for the FBI's sake, I'm glad he's an EX employee. :seeya:

In Texas, cities and towns can be formed a couple of different ways (like general, home et--trying to remember the exact ones and can't right now). In many small towns, the City Manager can be the Chief Administrative Officer, the Chief Information Officer, Head of HR and be in charge of building inspections! For example, the small town where I live (in the Dallas area), the mayor is, many times, the mouthpiece (ok..it's a snark) for the city for events. We had a case where EMS and Police personnel were accused of not quickly treating a toddler who had strangled on a goalie net in his backyard and I believe it was the Mayor who fed information to the public. I think a lot of these small towns just are not equipped to handle the press and pressure of dealing with an investigation like this. Plus, for some politicians and bureaucrats, it's a way to further *their* careers!:rolleyes:

I have a friend who does SAR and he mentioned he was going on Monday to look for remains but it's not this case. It was a cold case in North Texas and he didn't say anything else. (And believe you me, I am dying..just dying to know more, but I'm not gonna bug him...)

As an aside, I don't believe the Dallas/Fort Worth media is covering this and she, if kidnapped, could have ended up here. I've driven to San Angelo many a time and it's easy. And, there's a lot of space to leave a person *ugh*

A spokesman for the investigation into a missing 13-year-old West Texas girl says dogs searching one of three landfills turned up evidence in the case even as hope remains for her safe return, according to the Associated Press.

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26530508/detail.html

I would insert the beating a dead horse smilie by my MAC is determined not to let me click there for some reason..

so beating a horse... but not a dead one in my opinion...

this statement was made to the ASSOCIATED PRESS and is now viral... so if untrue how freaking sad and a waste of time.. if true... LE should be releasing it.. not some spokesperson for the community.

this is all my opinion.

I thought that HRD would only "hit" on actual human remains...not clothing, or items from the house with H's scent...

You have been trolling inside my head my sister from another mister. ITA.

Hello, my friend. :)

I agree that's what Billie is doing - trying hard to establish that Hailey was alive and well during the times following the last credible sign of life we have from Hailey - at 9pm Sunday night, Dec 26, when her brother saw her playing the video game.

I think she's doing this primarily to cover for Shawn, because I think she knows he is the one primarily responsible for Hailey's demise.

I think that's her role in this - not as a participant in Hailey's disappearance and demise, but to cover up for Shawn having been the active participant, either alone, or as 'ringleader' of more than one active participant.

On the text message, if it exists, in no way do I think it was sent by Hailey. I think it was sent by Shawn, and I wonder if he was trying to get another girl - MB.

I am keeping in mind though that Billie said on NG that MB said she hadn't heard from Hailey that day, and NG had specifically asked her about texts. I'll have to find which show that was in to get the exact wording.

My opinion based on the info currently available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne