TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are watching Shawn NOW, but they certainly weren't on Tuesday the 28th. He definitely still could have finished something that day.

They said they are watching him 24/7... which means that if he has Hailey holed up in a cellar, camper, cave, well, abandoned building, etc. he can't go tend to her needs...

Unless she is in the cellar/basement/attic of the house where HE is currently staying.... which still has not been searched as far as we know.

Can you imagine the satisfaction he would be getting knowing that all these people are out there searching outside... and he knows she is inside?

His family would not have to know she was there if it is a cellar or attic... it wouldn't be the first time that happened.

Oh no not cause of the mother do I question why this case has gotten so much attention. That wasnt my reasoning. I just dont understand why this case has the FBI, LE, Texas Rangers and now the Klaas Foundation?? Yeah more help is needed, but come on there are tons of missing kids here in Texas. I just get seriously miffed when other young ladies are missing and they cant even get local LE to even take them seriously. But it gives me a sick feeling when organizations feel the need to "help" when a lot of times its not sincere and they are there for a photo opp. JMO BTW...

Also if BD was on NG pleading for help or throwing SA under the bus then I would commend her, but it seems she is on TV to defend her lifestyle, who she dated, and to tell her side of the story. She isnt on trial and if she is innocent then why knowling get on NG when we all can figure out what NG is gonna ask her. The drug buying, the strange "interests" of SA, where she was, questions about HD feeling of SA etc. These questions seem to make her uncomfortable and a bit angry. And NG is sensationalism at its worst at times. She is not even considered MSM really. She has a show geared at getting ratings. So why get on there when its not helping to focus on HD???

Maybe because Brittany Smith was seen and reported to law enforcement by someone who saw her only on Nancy Grace? She was on the other side of the country and that was really the only national coverage she got. Without Nancy the lady wouldn't have known about her.

I'm not fond of Nancy. I agree it's sensationalizing. I think she could be much MORE productive. But, I agree with Billie. It is getting Hailey's face out there and that is what is important.

I know someone was asking what bbm meant...it may have been answered, in case it hasn't it's 'bolded by me' ..it's easier to do that if you are only responding to a few lines of someones post...Here is a link to WS cheat sheet for internet forum acronyms, because it can be Very Confusing!

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84535"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

fwiw... colorado city newspaper was the first to report on the dog hits at the abilene dump... and they have reminded me of my own polish father in this case... they only say something when it means something....

and they sure have been holding true to that.

when they report something it is usually first and than silence until something else substantial comes out...

I keep an eye on what they have to say...

O/T mine, too !! Dzień dobry !! :seeya:

Just a thought -- taking my focus off of SA for just a minute.

The neighbor that moved out raised my hinky meter. It's been reported that a neighbor (roommate, owner, whatever) saw HD that afternoon on the phone. Then it gets a bit blurry. HD says "he moved out". Do you know where to find him? "No, but I'm sure the police do". Another open ended answer from BD.

What about this guy? Do we know anything about him? Has he been reported in an MSM link? It raises eyebrows ONLY because he saw HD, then poof - he's moved out.

Is his name Dennis or Charles? Where did he go? Has he been officially ruled out? AND, was this a planned move?

My head is spinning here. If someone has more information than I do, it would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Mel

We learned earlier today from a local that the man in question is a drug user, a veteran, and is confined to a wheelchair. He's been all but eliminated as a POI.

I agree. Does anyone know the temperature it was that Monday morning?
If it was warm then it's possible she left with a t-shirt, hoodie and flip-flops.
Texas has some warm winter days in the 60-70's.
If it was cold and she did not take a jacket, I believe she was abducted or killed at her home.

If it was cold, the description of what she was wearing for a 4-5 block walk would have raised eyebrows.

Cast? We don't know for sure it was a cast......that was just something someone had heard or something. And then we got silly about dead people in a cast.

From the following article:

"Authorities spent two days searching at the landfill based on hits by cadaver dogs, who are trained to follow dead human scent.
The hits were related to skin cells inside a discarded cast."

http://www.ccitynews.net/news/story/2011/01/abilene-dump-site-results-not-related-dunn-investigation

Does anyone think he could have went to work Monday morning to pick up some of those paper suits used at work to protect his clothing?

I've wondered if he went to pick up something he needed from work.

Colorado City's City Manager Pete Kampfer says reports that dogs searching landfills turned up evidence in the disappearance of 13-year-old Hailey Dunn are not accurate.

Colorado City's City Manager Pete Kampfer says while dogs got two "hits," nothing has been confirmed as evidence in the case.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=332606

I've wondered if he went to pick up something he needed from work.

I still want to know what he was wearing that morning, later that day when he arrived at his mothers, and what he was wearing when he came home. It's bugging me. I missed NG last night. Did she say he wore a uniform to work?

LE are admitting to finding something in the dump search from the 14-15th of January. It's not confusing. Test have probably been run and now they know for sure............

I hope so. Whatever it is, I just hope that it's something that can give this case some MOVEMENT...in one direction instead of 5!

FIND HAILEY.

Colorado City's City Manager Pete Kampfer says reports that dogs searching landfills turned up evidence in the disappearance of 13-year-old Hailey Dunn are not accurate.

Colorado City's City Manager Pete Kampfer says while dogs got two "hits," nothing has been confirmed as evidence in the case.

this dumpster hit business is making my head spin!

I still want to know what he was wearing that morning, later that day when he arrived at his mothers, and what he was wearing when he came home. It's bugging me. I missed NG last night. Did she say he wore a uniform to work?

I don't think that's been mentioned yet.

The websites named Kampfer as their source. So I wonder if he lets something slip that he wasn't supposed to. I get the distinct impression he likes talking to the media. When I think of him, all I see is him standing in front of the press waiting on the press conference to start taking pictures of the media with his cell phone camera.

The websites named Kampfer as their source. So I wonder if he lets something slip that he wasn't supposed to. I get the distinct impression he likes talking to the media. When I think of him, all I see is him standing in front of the press waiting on the press conference to start taking pictures of the media with his cell phone camera.

and talking about margaritas :innocent:

All I know is if they did find something, they better tell the family.

If we have another Debbie/Vegas case where the family finds out by reading it in the media... I am going to be VERY unhappy. No family member should find out that their child's body has been found, much less on the news.

So IF that happens, the cops better get to the family before the media does.

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_17128618

By BETSY BLANEY Associated Press
Posted: 01/18/2011 01:18:08 PM PST
Updated: 01/18/2011 01:22:09 PM PST

<snipped>
"It's a sensitive part of the investigation," Kampfer said. "The cadaver dogs did hit on items at the landfill."

Kampfer last week identified Adkins as one of several people of interest in the case and said Tuesday that the investigation has widened to include "close and former associates of Adkins." No one has been arrested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maxtron