TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I bounce around in this thread so pardon me for this question.

The timeline, I know that Hailey was last seen at around 3PM, this is when the bf got to the home, but what time did Hailey's mom arrive home?

Search for Missing Colorado City Teen Continues 1/05/11

CBS7 News
Wednesday, January 5, 2011

<snipped>

Police are considering Hailey a missing person and according to CNN's Nancy Grace, Hailey's mother's boyfriend, Shawn Adkins, will be taking a polygraph exam this morning, but police have not released any suspects at this time. Investigators had said earlier that he could not take a polygraph because of prescription drugs.

The current reward for information leading to Hailey being returned home has been raised to $25,000.

Back on December 27th, Adkins had said Hailey was heading to her father's house and then to her friend Mary Beth's house. Police say neither the father nor Mary Beth said they were expecting a visit from Hailey.

Three times, the Colorado City authorities have been requesting an Amber Alert, but have been denied three times for failing to meet the criteria.

http://www.cbs7kosa.com/news/details.asp?ID=23222

I bounce around in this thread so pardon me for this question.

The timeline, I know that Hailey was last seen at around 3PM, this is when the bf got to the home, but what time did Hailey's mom arrive home?

According to mom, SA picked her up from work at 7pm.

Is it just SA saying he got to the house at 3pm and Hailey left shortly after?
How do we know he wasn't there most of the day?
Is their a witness to his arrival? alibai???[/
QUOTE]

Cell phone pings might hold the answer to those questions. Are prepaid or TracFone pings traceable like the ones from the major providers? NG said both phones were pre-paids.

On NG last night, BO said that they hoped to have analysis/answers from her phone as well as her boyfriend's re: calling, etc, sometime soon.

ACK!! My replies are double posting....sorry about that...:banghead:

Is their a witness to his arrival? alibai???[/
QUOTE]

Cell phone pings might hold the answer to those questions. Are prepaid or TracFone pings traceable like the ones from the major providers? NG said both phones were pre-paids.

On NG last night, BO said that they hoped to have analysis/answers from her phone as well as her boyfriend's re: calling, etc, sometime soon.

ON NG last night she had an expert on that said disposable phones are traced and trackable like regular phones with providers.

Is their a witness to his arrival? alibai???

You can track a prepaid phone, but they ping off every cellphone providers tower.
Prepaid phones basically piggy back off the available bandwidth from other providers (sprint, at&t, verizon, etc.).

According to mom, SA picked her up from work at 7pm.

A 4-hour gap... I think a good place to start searching would be along the route from the house to the mom's work. JMHO.

ETA: I don't like how close that big lake/reservoir is...

attachment.php

Attachments

• map.jpg
    map.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 172
I have a strong feeling that something will break today.

My concern is the dogs found her scent at the Hotels parking lot to the ground floor room. Who rented that room?

Prayers she is found safe. :praying:

I didn't hear that they found her scent at a specific location within the hotel. Do they mean the 'ground floor' or an actual room on the ground floor??

I think getting a scent to an actual hotel ROOM would take this case in a very different direction. I think getting a scent in the lobby could be easily explained with the WIFI, the cafe within the hotel, or even a bored 13 year old looking for something to do.

To be honest, I don't see how these dogs can be SUPER accurate to the exact date when they are searching so late after Hailey went missing. She went missing on the 27th and I don't *think* the dogs were brought out until the 31st. It was my *impression*%

I have a strong feeling that something will break today.

My concern is the dogs found her scent at the Hotels parking lot to the ground floor room. Who rented that room?

Prayers she is found safe. :praying:

It was my understanding that the bloodhounds traced her to the parking lot not into the building. We drove by the Hotel last night and there is only one camara outside the Hotel and that was at the enterance of the Hotel. IMO

Has Billie said what her work hours are? 12 hour shift....but, what 12 hours?

So far, dad says he last saw Hailey on Sun., Dec. 26th. I wonder when Billie and the brother last saw her? And, are there any relatives close by? Grandparents, aunts, uncles?

&#8220;She didn&#8217;t take any shoes or boots,&#8221; Dunn said. Originally, she thought Hailey was wearing tennis shoes but discovered them in her daughter&#8217;s room. &#8220;It was cold and she was wearing flip flops. It&#8217;s what scares me the most.&#8221;

and another snip~~~

Although Dunn is glad the Rangers and Snyder are involved, she would like to see some &#8220;bigger city involvement. I&#8217;d like to see somebody who&#8217;s got more experience than our small town. Maybe eyeball it and see something they haven&#8217;t done.&#8221;
Dunn also urges any of Hailey&#8217;s friends who might know something to step forward.

&#8220;If a friend knows something and is scare, they can contact 1-800-THE-LOST anonymously,&#8221; she said.

much more at this link:
http://ccitynews.net/news/story/2011/01/efforts-continue-find-hailey-dunn

I didn't hear that they found her scent at a specific location within the hotel. Do they mean the 'ground floor' or an actual room on the ground floor??

I think getting a scent to an actual hotel ROOM would take this case in a very different direction. I think getting a scent in the lobby could be easily explained with the WIFI, the cafe within the hotel, or even a bored 13 year old looking for something to do.

To be honest, I don't see how these dogs can be SUPER accurate to the exact date when they are searching so late after Hailey went missing. She went missing on the 27th and I don't *think* the dogs were brought out until the 31st. It was my *impression* that there is a short window of time.....less than 4-5 days....where a scent can still be found. And then....what is 'old' at that point. Would a GREAT SAR dog be able to distinguish between Hailey's 27th walk and Hailey's 26th walk (since we KNOW that Hailey walked to her father's house and spent Christmas day and the following day with him).

Sorry I should posted a link...
On Friday, bloodhounds were taken to the six motels in Colorado City. At Western Suites, which is located at 2233 Vine Street and is adjacent to Interstate 20 and near the Dunn home, the dogs picked up on Dunn’s scent in the parking lot, City Manager Pete Kampfer said Tuesday night.

The scent led to a door of a ground-floor room at the two-level motel that opened in July, he said, but there the trail stopped. A search of the 24 suites produced no other evidence, he said. Cristie Roye, manager of Western Suites, said police studied surveillance tapes but did not see the missing teen. Motel staff, she said, did not recall seeing the teenager, either.
http://m.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/04/hed-help-herey-hed-help-herey/

A 4-hour gap... I think a good place to start searching would be along the route from the house to the mom's work. JMHO.

ETA: I don't like how close that big lake/reservoir is...

attachment.php

Believe me, alot of that lake bed is dry. It is out of the way if you go straight from C.City to Snyder. There is another lake in C.City.

The thing that keeps sticking in my head is that the path one would walk from Billie's to Cliff's is pretty residential. There are many duplex homes. No one saw her at all ? It was the middle of the afternoon?

Running some basic demographics on the town, there is a pretty high number of elderly (18%) and there is a low income level ($15,591 per capita income around 20% below the poverty line- which would indicate a likely high number of unemployed). I would think someone would have been around that would have seen SOMETHING.

I live in a MUCH larger town than CC (pop 4,281) but it's still very "small town" feeling and we look out and watch each others kids and everyone knows EVERYONE. I would have to think CC is the same way but with A LOT less people.

Has Texas Equusearch been contacted? I don't know what the pre-reqs are for them to come and search, but my fear is in this small town, even with the Rangers and additional police force, there aren't enough people to search all that land. Texas is BIG, and I hope that the family can receive as many resources as possible.

Another question: When a poly is administered, and it is failed, can LE then say that the person whom failed is a POI?

Wow, I hadn't seen that about the scent going to a ground-floor room at the motel...if the article above is accurate...and the dogs are too...

I still have a hinky meter on SA........RX drugs, fired from work, hot headed, and on a still pix he has sanpaku eyes.
Last to really see Hailey officially unless someone saw her a hotel.

Also, it appears to me that the hotel is located along the route one would most likely take to get to Snyder. Maybe locals can chime in...

Originally Posted by everyoneneedsavoice

per Marc Klass - this case has been horribly mismanaged from the beginning - if it weren't for the community we wouldn't know about it now!

Please try not to knock the Police force. Under-managed, maybe, but the local police chief is only interim. I'm sure not prepared for this tragedy. CCPD is not resting until this girl is found.

Marc Klass is the one that made the comment about LE during Nancy's show last evening. IIRC, Marc is a member here at WS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne