TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
DNA is DNA is DNA....if they got a cheek swab, then they have his DNA no need to go back for hair.

oh.

I thought they also do hair comparisons. I've seen many cases where DNA semen results were bolstered by hair recovered & matched to a perp.

Honestly though...It was just a guess.

Could be, also it was mentioned that some items were found in the landfill.

Dna from the hair would be for drug testing if they have a cheek swab and if hair was found on something.One thing that's for sure,alot of movement today as far as the lawyer speaking out about the phone pings,more searchers out there now,LE releasing the 911 calls last night,and especially the people going to SA's house for something with the container.Grandmaj better keep her ears on.KWIM

IF SA is solely responsible - I think he would have just denied ever seeing her that day.

I'm several pages behind but when I read this, something hit me: what if he needed more time to do whatever he was going to do so he concocted the story about the sleepover to hopefully have more time before folks started searching? I think we've discussed this before but in my post-migraine-nap stupor, it became believable to me for the first time.

Where was he on Tuesday?!?

ETA: If he had already disposed of her, then I think he may have just said that she had gone out to a friend's. But the sleepover part... he needed more time. Maybe a delay for the trash pickup, maybe to hide her/evidence, maybe to pass her off to someone else, maybe she had been passed off and the other people needed more time. It may be just as simple as he wanted to put everything off anyway if he had already disposed of her on Monday. But now I'm thinking other scenarios are possible as well.

Re: Clint and the PI and the Psychic

I see a man who is willing to accept any offer of help if he thinks it might lead him to his daughter. I see a man grateful for everyday people putting their lives on hold to help him out in his time of need. I think it was really great that he went down and met with the searchers. I see a concerned parent.

Now Billie on the other hand.....

I'm a bit stumped over that, too. I know he's desperate, who wouldn't be, but there are several LE agencies on this case.

I just hope this PI doesn't also have "bounty hunter" in his resume. IYKWIM

I think if a PI volunteered their services, I would certainly accept the offer. In this case there aren't enough resources to bring H home. A new set of eyes, often brings a new perspective. Unless you're talking about Cobra, or what's his name from the ICA case. They (IMHO) just wanted to be on the tele. I hope CD found a good, honest one. They need to find Hailey SOON!

Hugs,

Mel

"On Tuesday Lyle had told KTXS News he wasn't going to speak publicly about his client or the on-going investigation until "some point in the future."

I think he might want to hold on to his hat,because I'm sure there will be some point in the future he'll have to.BTW,are there pics of the people going into SA's gm's today with a container?I'm wondering if they got his dna already,they got CD's and BD's awhile back.

"Some point in the future" meaning not now? or is that some high falutin' lawyerese, or Kampferspeak?
:loser:

But they would have to have both dna to prove anything. He could always say he was "Alone" in her bed. Or he and BD were in her bed. To account for his DNA being on H's sheets. There are other "excuses" besides the obvious reason.
:twocents:

Right....Deny Deny Deny....separately it may not amount to much...

BUT...add all the facts together.......it tells a story....imo...

There is if they found hair that they need to compare against HIS hair. :waitasec:

Your DNA does not differ from a cheek swab to a hair sample. It's the same.

Or are you talking about loose hair? As in he shed some hair at the crime scene and they want to sample his hair to see if it's the same?

They MAY have found clothing at the dump, MAYBE they found semen on her sheets and want to check it for his DNA

Excellent sleuthing thoughts... that make my thoughts go :sick::sick::sick:

I think if a PI volunteered their services, I would certainly accept the offer. In this case there aren't enough resources to bring H home. A new set of eyes, often brings a new perspective. Unless you're talking about Cobra, or what's his name from the ICA case. They (IMHO) just wanted to be on the tele. I hope CD found a good, honest one. They need to find Hailey SOON!

Hugs,

Mel

I agree. I do not believe in psychics at all. BUT If my child were missing this long and one offered...I'd be chasing down the leads myself! Desparate makes you consider all sorts of things that you would NEVER consider under normal circumstances. imo

oh.

I thought they also do hair comparisons. I've seen many cases where DNA semen results were bolstered by hair recovered & matched to a perp.

Honestly though...It was just a guess.

Maybe perhaps if the semen sample produced a degraded DNA profile. But if LE got a search warrant to get a buccal swab (cheek swab) then it would be a good, clean sample.

Not odd at all if they are collecting evidence or DNA. I'm betting someone got served with a search warrant......

That was the first thought I had when I read that report.

But they would have to have both dna to prove anything. He could always say he was "Alone" in her bed. Or he and BD were in her bed. To account for his DNA being on H's sheets. There are other "excuses" besides the obvious reason.
:twocents:

Yeah but why would his 'special dna' (sperm) be on her sheets if not for the obvious reason??? I see where you are going, because anything is possible at this point. Hopefully, LE has specific tests that are going to be conducted.

Re: Clint and the PI and the Psychic

I see a man who is willing to accept any offer of help if he thinks it might lead him to his daughter. I see a man grateful for everyday people putting their lives on hold to help him out in his time of need. I think it was really great that he went down and met with the searchers. I see a concerned parent.

Now Billie on the other hand.....

I agree....remember MK telling both B and C to keep moving....keep busy...do something....and it will make you feel you are contributing to finding her...

I agree with you...CD is doing exactly that.....

B.....yes..............hmmmmmm.....Her job is to.....defend S.....IMO...

Ooorrr.....still....since so LITTLE detail was given about the 'container' and glove that someone picked up a mouse using a dish glove and put it in a container and walked outside to dispose of it...

Oooorrr....Grandma made some mad lasagna and the people leaving were taking leftovers home along with a glove for the mess (yes, I'm being sarcastic here....sorry)

Point is...so little info was given, we have no clue if it is related to the case at all. Could be anything. Could be something. Would be nice to have a follow-up story or a second account of it happening. A picture of the occurence would help immensely!

Maybe perhaps if the semen sample produced a degraded DNA profile. But if LE got a search warrant to get a buccal swab (cheek swab) then it would be a good, clean sample.

But a buccal swab IMO wouldn't be placed in anything "jar like"

If this has already been answered/discussed..please ignore....I am trying to catch up...

IF....DD sent a text to MB...and the text ...not responded to...by MB's phone
and then there was another text sent....at 2:00....to MB's phone....and ...again...no response......

Could it be.....MB's phone is ....one...that ....does NOT have texting capabilities???

Correct me if I in error....but....one cannot send texts to phones that cannot RECEIVE texts.....(say the phone plan only has...incoming/outgoing calls...no texting capabilities...but for extra charges...the phone can....text out...and receive incoming texts....Please clarify...

(Hope I am not confusing the phone subject...)

Anyway.....Can the LE check/get history...on B's phone...if H DID ...EVER...send texts to MB's phone............and can LE ...SEE ...a record of the texts...sent to ANY other phones of H friends???? Point being..........How did H text???...what letters did she generally use in her texting???......................Thanks so much....

Until further facts....I am not believing H sent the text message...

I just sent a text from my cell phone to my home phone that does not have any way of receiving a text.

On my cell, it appeared as if the text was sent and received. HTH

I hope we don't hear about a collection to pay for Clint's PI, next. I would rather think someone donated their services for a while. We know Clint can't afford to pay anyone, and I would rather leave this to LE right now that add to somebody's pocketbook.

JMO but since LE stated they were widening their POI do you think an "associate" came forward with some helpful info. which could be leading to the search?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3