TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #34

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been stuck on why SA would threaten to kill CD. Like BD said - they said ugly things to each other. So, threatening to kill CD was said to hurt BD. How, better yet, why would that hurt BD? They were clearly not togther - CD had moved on and even has a new baby. So why CD?

Was SA one of those "jealous" types who accuse their mate when a waiter winks at them?

It doesn't make sense - there's more behind SA making that statement. And I'm not implying that BD had anything going with CD at all. I don't believe she did at all. I just can't figure out why SA would say that.

I've have my 19 month old granddaughter spending the night. :heartbeat:..I don't have cable so I tried to interrupt 'Cailou' sp? to catch a little of NG on the PC and she was not having any part of that! Thank Goodness for Patty G and her youtube channel! Needless to say, I am WAY behind I think..it's hard to know in this case...

With all due respect - I take everything that BD says with a grain of salt. And especially if LE shows up at CD's door and he exhales a lung-full of pot smoke in the officer's face as he opens the door - even more so to search that house. LE did arrest him.

We will have to agree to disagree on this. With the Texas Rangers and the FBI there - CD's house was searched.

They haven't asked him to take a polygraph. He said again January 18th on Nancy, they still haven't asked him to do so.

We have seen no record his house was searched. Someone saying they found pot when they "Searched for Hailey" could simply mean they walked in and it was sitting on a dresser. It would mean hiding his pot wasn't his priority when his child was missing, which would be consistent with what we've seen of Clint.

We have seen no statement from him saying they searched his house thoroughly. He has offered up other things like he gave them DNA, so I think he would have mentioned this.

I would also like to believe that all parents were given polygraphs and Shawn's grandmother's house was searched.... but those things apparently aren't true either.

What reason do we have to believe they searched Clint's house? Other than the fact that they should have done so.

If they DID search the house they missed the earring UNDER the couch. So they didn't move the couch. If it was searched I am not going to put much faith in that search. :waitasec:

I can't imagine LE not searching the house where Hailey was said to be going...that seems like it would be automatic. And maybe they would have found the earring at that time, if it was really there.

If it wasn't there at the time, then that means the girlfriend is lying. I see no reason to believe that.

I don't believe Clint had anything to do with Hailey's disappearance.

My concern is that when someone IS put on trial for it a defense attorney can easily argue "her father's house was never searched, how do we know there wasn't evidence of a crime there?"

Suspect or not, Clint's house should have been eliminated to prevent it from being used as a defense tool for reasonable doubt later on. There will be enough to help the defense in this case already.
:twocents:

I've been stuck on why SA would threaten to kill CD. Like BD said - they said ugly things to each other. So, threatening to kill CD was said to hurt BD. How, better yet, why would that hurt BD? They were clearly not togther - CD had moved on and even has a new baby. So why CD?

Was SA one of those "jealous" types who accuse their mate when a waiter winks at them?

It doesn't make sense - there's more behind SA making that statement. And I'm not implying that BD had anything going with CD at all. I don't believe she did at all. I just can't figure out why SA would say that.

I'm wondering if threatening Hailey (which I believe happened) set Clint off and he and SA may have had words..I can't imagine that it wouldn't and that could cause SA to threaten CD...

I guess the dogs must have picked up on his lies and lied about tracking her scent... 4 days later?

IMHO

Pete Kampfer himself has stated that the trail was not indicative of a route that Hailey took on the 27th..that they were false "hits"..He said that it did not have any accuracy..

BRB off to find the link to show that the hits are not valid to use as any sort on indication of Haileys whereabouts before during or after her disappearance

Snip~
Kampfer went on to explain that investigators cannot determine when a trail has been made.
Hailey could have been there a couple of days before and the dogs would still have picked up her scent or someone else wearing an article of Hailey’s clothing would have the same results.

There's an interview that Kampfer gets much more detailed about that the trail thru neighborhood..MBs house..hotel.. were "false hits"..
http://www.ccitynews.net/news/story/2011/01/search-dunn-intensifies-helicopter-searchStill looking but here's one where he states..not worth anything of use to Hailey's investigation..

He's our 1st....we have grandparent, Nanny and Poppy, derangement syndrome! :great:

I have grandbaby #6 due in just a little over a month...Isn't it awesome?..Sorry to go OT, but my babies are the subject that will do it every time :)

The videos referenced a while back were surveillance tapes from that Dollar Store showing Hailey (and possibly Clint or the child) on Sunday. Not Xmas videos.

I would think that CD has a bunch of pix of Xmas - he has a brand new baby - baby's first Xmas and all. But he's kept them private - I say good for him.

He has a missing daughter... who we have seen very few recent pictures of. In fact her teacher just released more pictures of her than all the other pictures combined.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext?nxd_id=332726

If he has pictures of HAILEY from Christmas, 2 DAYS before she went missing... that he has not released, I think there is NOT a good reason for that. If we are to be looking for a live Hailey we need to know what we are looking for.

The pictures from the teacher, the cheer leading picture and the very poor quality pictures from Christmas are all drastically different.

If he has better quality pictures from Christmas, we need to get them out there, like 3 weeks ago.

I find it hard to believe he has those and has not released them. With how few pictures there are, I wonder if they even have a camera?

Pete Kampfer himself has stated that the trail was not indicative of a route that Hailey took on the 27th..that they were false "hits"..He said that it did not have any accuracy..

BRB off to find the link to show that the hits are not valid to use as any sort on indication of Haileys whereabouts before during or after her disappearance

I didn't see that...would make sense the only think that scares me is who made the statement

I've have my 19 month old granddaughter spending the night. :heartbeat:..I don't have cable so I tried to interrupt 'Cailou' sp? to catch a little of NG on the PC and she was not having any part of that! Thank Goodness for Patty G and her youtube channel! Needless to say, I am WAY behind I think..it's hard to know in this case...

Mine is 18 months... and says puppy when he sees my laptop. Now, I can't get on when he is here cause Mah Mah showed him youtube videos of puppies.:innocent:

How funny, I posted similar sentiments at exactly the same time.

I saw that! Excellent Post too btw!

eta~one point you made that I especially agree with and I think many don't understand. Just like anything else in life, there are different kinds of pot smokers..the ones that smoke to get chit faced and the ones that smoke a little on occasion to take the 'edge' off a particularly bad day. I fell into the 2nd category and have always thought if that worked, it was better than popping a valium or a xanax..both of which are acceptable socially, but much more dangerous imo...

Typical thing for an abuser to say. If you tell I'll kill/harm so and so....

Mine is 18 months... and says puppy when he sees my laptop. Now, I can't get on when he is here cause Mah Mah showed him youtube videos of puppies.:innocent:

She is so funny..when she is here she OWNS the laptop, lol..we go from teletubies to this little piggy went to market, to kittens, puppies.....This is such a sweet and curious age though. I suppose I'd better call it a night..while I'm a night owl, it's 3AM and this little girl will have me up and on the run by 7:30 AM (if I'm lucky ;)..Have a good night all...

:seeya::seeya:

She is so funny..when she is here she OWNS the laptop, lol..we go from teletubies to this little piggy went to market, to kittens, puppies.....This is such a sweet and curious age though. I suppose I'd better call it a night..while I'm a night owl, it's 3AM and this little girl will have me up and on the run by 7:30 AM (if I'm lucky ;)..Have a good night all...

Just to clarify..I by NO means advocate the use of marijuana or alcohol..although through the years to be perfectly honest I have been known to use one of those above much more often than the other. I'm not ashamed of that..but would have never, ever done either with my children present..but I know of people that do and I just have to shake my head...:truce:..
Pondering Mind,

I, for one, am NOT judging you in any way shape or form...not my place anyway! I think you shared valuable insight and THAT is needed for this very sad, frustrating search for little Hailey! Thanks for sharing your thoughts! :thumb:

~Mish

Jumping off of this article......If Hailey had asked her Dad's gf to put her ear rings up for her and the gf has KNOWN since Christmas that only one was put up, why then would she or CD not speak up when it was put out that Hailey was wearing both of those red hoop ear rings???

Mel

IDK but maybe he thought it wouldn't matter what earrings she was or wasn't wearing. It is not like anyone would be recognizing her by what earrings she would have on.

I just got finished reading the last thread, and haven't started this one yet, but I want to post something.

BD said HD had been wearing the earrings for about a week, but she got them for Christmas, and went missing two days later. So did she get them for Christmas a week early?

The new TV for Christmas, BD said she had just kinda started sleeping in her room since she got the tv, but she stayed at her dad's house on the 25th, came home on the 26th, and goes missing on the 27th. So the one night with the tv, she kinda stayed in her room.
It was said that DD saw her playing one of his video games as he was leaving to spend the night at a friends house. BD said she saw her in her brother's room, iirc, but now she says she saw her in her own room the last time she saw her.

Question. It's still dark at 6am. BD says she kinda checked on her to ease her mind, this first night in her own room with her new tv. Was the tv on? If the tv was on, then why couldn't she see Hailey in the bed. Why did she need to ease her mind in the first place.
Did she lock the windows and doors at night?

When you listen to her, she sounds believable, but when you think about what was said, she is filled with completely different versions, and even though SA is a suspect in her daughter's disappearance, she appears to be leaving coded messages for him in her media statements, and she certainly is making it quite clear that her relationship iwth him is not over, unless she is convinced that he did something to her daughter.

I do notice as the cases go by, that most of these kids are in high risk for harm homes, and these crimes/deaths, could be prevented if people paid closer attention, and focused on the best interest of the children.
If these children have a family member who isn't a druggie, drunk, slasher fan, then why doesn't CPS help these kids. Why don't judges pay closer attention, and have advocates for these kids. These kids need to be given advocates when parents start fighting for custody, and when child abuse is reported.

Zahra so easily could have been saved, as SM had previous problems with her own children.
And this SA had history of threatening Hailey's mother and father's life, which would have made her and her brother orphans, and likely there are more 911 calls for that day claiming he threatened Hailey as well. Why else would he admit it.

One other thing about the phone, and a message sent at 2pm. A text can't be verified who sent it. SA had access to that phone, as did DD. So even if a text suggests it's from Hailey, that doesn't mean it was.

BTW, I think the earring was planted, and premeditatedly given to her for the purpose of setting the dad up. NO WAY did her dad do anything to her. His gf didn't harm her either.
Her danger zone was her own mother's house.
And the new news about not locking the windows and doors is nice. She didn't need to get stolen off the street, she could have easily been accosted from her own home by a stalker/stranger. However, people don't lie for no good reason. They lie to protect themselves, and others.
moo and all that.

I agree with pretty much everything you are saying. I'm all for looking at other people, but in this case, while there may be (and IMO are) other people to look at, they all tie in and go right back to SA, who, IMO, is the ONE who needs to be looked at.

But...IMO, since the story was she said she was going to dad's, and dad's was right there to go to, LE should have searched dad's as well as mom's. There could have been clues there, notes, a diary, some pictures, anything helpful, regardless of if they suspected dad of foul play.

I don't suspect CD at all, but come on. Anyone who has read these forums and/or much of real life crime knows how common it is for a perp to say, "Nope, never showed up here." That should be LE 101.

Iirc, LE did search his house, which is why he was arrested for having the pot, under 2 oz. and also why they had to move. They didn't polygraph him, because they thought he was being truthful, and saw no deception to start with. What they saw was a father who was honestly grief stricken over his daughter, which is not what they were seeing across the street.
moo

If anyone remembers Marc Klaas ALWAYS tells parents of missing children that even if they as parents believe and feel with all their heart that they're child is infact deceased TO NOT EVER LET ON THAT YOU BELIEVE THIS TO BE THE CASE.. That the minute that the parent relays to the media/public that they NO LONGER BELIEVE THEIR CHILD IS ALIVE that all of your support..resources..search groups..etc..etc WILL IMMEDIATELY DRY UP AND begin no longer searching..media no longer covering the case near as closely..and that its true that even LE starts scaling back their investigations{due to media/public no longer applying pressure to search and find the child}..

So for those reasons Klaas says that the parents can never state they even are thinking..or believe it could be possible that their child is DECEASED...but rather to continue saying you believe your child is alive..repeating time and time again that you are still looking for a child thats "alive" not a body...

IMO its because of this that we suddenly see Billie stating more than once that they're "looking for an alive Hailey".. Marc is helping to coach her thru this and IMO he is helping her thru this regardless of what he may personally feel is the truth of Billie's involvement or NOT.. but rather that Marc's sole purpose and motivations are for that of Hailey..and to ensure that she is continued to be searched for until Hailey is found..

I believe for Marc Klaas that it is indeed all about Hailey and he is helping..coaching..motivating..and urging Billie for the sake of Hailey being found...That is his number 1 priority IMO..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizz28