TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everybody

Ive not any input right now, just wanted to say hi, and that I am currently trying to catch up on the threads.

I was trying to watch NG last nite and follow along with all of you, but I was also working at home in my office taking calls from the uk,oz, ireland etc, and the phone kept ringing and I missed out on so much..

but you guys and dolls are great w/ info...because of all of you, ill be able to catch up on the latest haps.

anyhoo, I wanted to say thank you for the links and keeping me in the loop.

im reading the threads from bottom up, trying to backtrack..

every day I say a lil chant/prayer for Hailey in hopes that she will be found.

Two questions.

One. Is it legal in Texas for LE to name a minor who has been taken out of the home?

RUPA MIKKILINENI, "NANCY GRACE" PRODUCER: Nancy, that`s what I was told by a police spokesperson, Pete Kempner. He told me yesterday that D. was in child protective services, as far as he knew. He confirmed again that as far as he knew today, that was still the case.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/19/ng.01.html

Two. Who leaked the story about the earring?

Shawn may have still been living with BD at that time so perhaps he knew about the earring being found? Perhaps he told his lawyer this little detail too?

His lawyer did come out in the media yesterday as well.

You are exactly right! It is not that hard to snatch up a young girl or even a grown woman, if they've got a knife or a gun pointing at them. Bigger women than Hailey have been taken in the blink of an eye. Men are naturally stronger than women but if he's got a knife, it wouldn't matter if he was a midget. A few seconds, they're in the vehicle and gone before anyone can blink.

Thinking that it's not possible because someone would have seen it.... wrong thinking. It happens so fast, it would be rare that a person DID see it unless they were sitting by the window and keeping their eyes glued on that spot. Carlie Brucia was taken right out in the open on a sidewalk in broad daylight, and no one paid attention. Jaycee Dugard was grabbed right off the road while she was walking to the bus stop, with her stepfather watching, and there have been many others.

I developed a new respect for Mark K. last night because of his support of Billie and what he said. I agree LE should not focus solely on SA, while overlooking other possibilities. I've tried to give them their due respect, but in the past day or so, I'm beginning to wonder. If it weren't for the Texas Rangers being there, I would think this case is already lost.

That precious Kelsey Smith was taken from the Target parking lot in broad daylight.

I do lean toward SA but I can't come down off the fence without some more evidence or info. There are too many unanswered questions.

I woke up about 4, did a few brief chores, and sat at computer to try to catch up on this case. No sooner than I sat down, I got a text that said "can't sleep" with a frowning face from a number I do not know. Did a reverse on it and it came from Texas. That was seriously creepy!

Well, unless we learn for sure that LE has it in for Billie, or are making things up to put on the affadavits, I am going to go ahead and stick with them for now. Even when they contradict themselves, they are more believable than Billie right now.

And that brings me to a question. Did anyone actually hear Billie state on those 911 calls that Shawn threatened Hailey? Because I didn't hear that. All I heard was he threatened her and Clint.
Now, if she did not mention the threat to Hailey, then LE lied on the affadavits and Billie is telling the truth. There would be no reason to redact that part of the tape, seeing as how they are trying to prove he planned to kill Hailey.
On NG last night she kept stressing that it was in the affadavits and that Shawn admitted to threatening both of them. Well, "both of them" could mean her and Clint, not necessarily her and Hailey.
I mentioned this before but just because it is in a sworn affadavit for a search warrant does not make it fact. LE only has to give probable cause, which is what they BELIEVE to be fact at the time. If it ever goes to court and a defense attorney questions them, they can always say, "but we had every reason to believe... so and so... at the time." They do not have to prove it's a fact.
That's two things on these affadavits that are not proven... the other is the NYE party which LE's "sources" told them about, and which Billie says did NOT happen, but SA admitted to.
Did anybody ever stop to think that SA is trying to drag Billie down with him? Or that LE is using scare tactics on Billie, for whatever reason?
IDK, but I am not going to take those affadavits as being the gospel truth because I know LE is not above twisting the truth to get what they want... as well as WHO they want.

Shawn may have still been living with BD at that time so perhaps he knew about the earring being found? Perhaps he told his lawyer this little detail too?

His lawyer did come out in the media yesterday as well.

That would make sense.

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26551567/detail.html

This article about searches and private property kind of makes it sound like they may be having some problems with some property owners not wanting to let the volunteers search...shame on them.

"Kids can go in there and go play," Dennis said, "Vehicles can drive in there at all hours of the day and night, and no one knows about it, but I can't go and search because that's someone's property."
They're telling private property owners in the area around Colorado City and Dunn volunteers are available to help search their land if the size is overwhelming, and if they don't want volunteers on their property to please search the land themselves.

Wow....but somehow not suprising......

If Hailey took them out would she just put one earring back in? Where is the other earring?

That precious Kelsey Smith was taken from the Target parking lot in broad daylight.

I do lean toward SA but I can't come down off the fence without some more evidence or info. There are too many unanswered questions.

I woke up about 4, did a few brief chores, and sat at computer to try to catch up on this case. No sooner than I sat down, I got a text that said "can't sleep" with a frowning face from a number I do not know. Did a reverse on it and it came from Texas. That was seriously creepy!
That is freaky!!

And that brings me to a question. Did anyone actually hear Billie state on those 911 calls that Shawn threatened Hailey? Because I didn't hear that. All I heard was he threatened her and Clint.
Now, if she did not mention the threat to Hailey, then LE lied on the affadavits and Billie is telling the truth. There would be no reason to redact that part of the tape, seeing as how they are trying to prove he planned to kill Hailey.
On NG last night she kept stressing that it was in the affadavits and that Shawn admitted to threatening both of them. Well, "both of them" could mean her and Clint, not necessarily her and Hailey.
I mentioned this before but just because it is in a sworn affadavit for a search warrant does not make it fact. LE only has to give probable cause, which is what they BELIEVE to be fact at the time. If it ever goes to court and a defense attorney questions them, they can always say, "but we had every reason to believe... so and so... at the time." They do not have to prove it's a fact.
That's two things on these affadavits that are not proven... the other is the NYE party which LE's "sources" told them about, and which Billie says did NOT happen, but SA admitted to.
Did anybody ever stop to think that SA is trying to drag Billie down with him? Or that LE is using scare tactics on Billie, for whatever reason?
IDK, but I am not going to take those affadavits as being the gospel truth because I know LE is not above twisting the truth to get what they want... as well as WHO they want.

I was hollering at NG last night to listen to the calls. She kept on and on. It was like she was purposely trying to mix BD up.

First off I'll say that without a doubt I think SA had something to do with HD disappearance.
I keep thinking he must be sitting over at Grandma's with that creepy smile of his thinking all those people from all of these agencies haven't found her yet and he is sure that they won't.
JMO

That is strange. My son and I were getting odd texts like that and before I could warn him that it was a scam he texted back "who is this?" That action set in motion for charges to get billed to our cell phone account. I was able to get them reversed.

So when y'all get an odd text like that, do not text back. And check your cell phone bill.

Two questions.

One. Is it legal in Texas for LE to name a minor who has been taken out of the home?

RUPA MIKKILINENI, "NANCY GRACE" PRODUCER: Nancy, that`s what I was told by a police spokesperson, Pete Kempner. He told me yesterday that D. was in child protective services, as far as he knew. He confirmed again that as far as he knew today, that was still the case.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/19/ng.01.html

Two. Who leaked the story about the earring?
good morning Doctor!

not sure who leaked the info on the earring but it seems that one of Nancy's producers may have been "digging"... ((that is just my opinion))

after the show, the abilene reporter followed up the earring info by speaking to CD and his GF and this is what they had to say:

Grace said one of the earrings that Hailey was reported to be wearing when she disappeared was found in Clint Dunn's home after her disappearance.

Clint Dunn and his girlfriend, Naomi Stewart, told the Reporter-News that Hailey had spent Christmas night at Clint Dunn's home.

"She took off those earrings and dropped them by the couch and asked me to put them up for her," Stewart said. "She asked me to pick them up for her, and I only found one of them."

Stewart and Clint Dunn said Hailey walked to the Dollar Store and Alco department store Sunday, not Monday, as Burroughs told police.
http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/19/official-rumor-untrue-missing-colorado-city-teen-h/

to me the earring is a red herring... bd thought Hailey had them in but she didn't and, if we are to believe Nancy's info, DD found the other one when his father moved out.

She had long hair... so I don't see how the earrings mean a thing... of course this is just my opinion only.

and while I am posting/commenting on the ARN article I also want to add another snip that pertains to what I bolded above:

First, Burroughs said she saw Hailey Dunn walking on East 19th Street

"I'm certain it was Hailey, I've known her for years," said Burroughs, who lives in a house behind the home on Chestnut Street that Billie Jean Dunn shared with Adkins and her two children.

Burroughs said she later saw Hailey Dunn walking down the alley behind her shop.

another article I read JB stated Hailey was walking to the dollar store... but do you think I can wade back in and find it... LOL... I will give it a look see LOL....

------

has this earring been confirmed by le or is this from billie?

eta:
thanx nurse - looks like we posted at the same time :)

I don't know how it is in Texas,but where I live a 13 year old has a say in where she lives,if a home can be provided and approved by CPS.He didn't have a place for her to stay with him,but I'm sure there were other family members she could have lived.I don't think BD had much of a problem with Hailey staying with other people as Hailey did a number of times last year.As it was CD lived close,got to see her everyday,she spent many nights with him,so why would he change that and hide her where he couldn't even see her?I don't see it,but anything is possible.

Child support

If Hailey took them out would she just put one earring back in? Where is the other earring?

It appears stepmom found one in her house before Hailey went missing and DD found the other one at the same location during/after everyone moved out.

Sounds like both are now accounted for.

My question is WHY was Hailey sleeping on the couch at all..and what caused her to make the change to sleeping in her room (if she really did) just in the last week.. I find that extremely coincidental...if you believe in such things...hmmm.. Especially considering that she goes missing a week after she starts sleeping in her room..

iirc she used to like to fall asleep watching tv. Until she got her own tv at christmas, she fell asleep on the couch watching. After that it made sense she fell asleep in bed watching tv.

my succinct thoughts on the earrings:

1)Hailey took them out to sleep/asked dad's gf to put them up... she only found one of them..

2)DD finds the other one when CD moves out (per NG show)

3)she most likely went home on the 26th forgetting about the earrings..

4)because she had been wearing them every day for a week (per BD) BD assumed she had them in and included them in the last seen description..

that is just how I see it... I do not see the earrings meaning a thing other than she left them at her Dad's house.

****moo***** ((ducks incoming objects LOL))

That is strange. My son and I were getting odd texts like that and before I could warn him that it was a scam he texted back "who is this?" That action set in motion for charges to get billed to our cell phone account. I was able to get them reversed.

So when y'all get an odd text like that, do not text back. And check your cell phone bill.

I did not text back. Anyone I text would have had a name pop up not just a number.

Can someone explain to me about the ear lobe stretching? I have never heard of this. Why would a beautiful girl want to stretch her ear lobes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx