TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BILLIE DUNN: He was very tearful, told me, You know I love you, you know I love Hailey and David. You know I couldn`t do this.

This is from when Billie was telling NG that she hadn't talked to Shawn, that he had just texted her. How do you tell someone is very tearful if all they're doing is texting you, and you're not talking with them?

JMO here but the earrings were not in the initial description of what Hailey was wearing when she disappeared, IIRC.
Pink and white tennis shoes were part of the initial description but then they were found in her room and the description changed to flip flops.

After raising 2 girls, I do not find anything innocuous about a single earring being found at a place Hailey spends a lot of time. This earring thing might have started to hurt and she just took it off. Heaven knows I have a drawer full of single earrings, single socks, single gloves etc.....

BBM- I'm not Soulmagent but...May she did and LE has asked them to keep quiet about it but the earring news did come out anyway???

It doesnt make sence for that to be withheld for any reason other then the G/F not being able to be knocked off a list of poi's. I dont see any reason for them to ask her to keep quite . Something like that would call for an immediate update on her description.

Haileys brother FOUND it and then the story about the earring comes up with the g/f having put them up.

If the G/f had said, when she read Haileys missing poster or description about that being wrong and she had the earrings maybe that would be the case but here we are almost a month later and this earring is still listed of her AMW as an item she has on her person when she dissapeared.

I did think about the earring being planted but then I decided it would be hard to also plant the words that the g/f had to say about the earring. so I decided the whole thing is odd as all get out and makes no sence in this missing childs case therefore it has to be important somehow.

I may sound like a total strange person. THe back yard that I can see, thats if I have the right house, Has trees and shrubbery. Not sure how a neighbour can see anyone in that garden.

my succinct thoughts on the earrings:

1)Hailey took them out to sleep/asked dad's gf to put them up... she only found one of them..

2)DD finds the other one when CD moves out (per NG show)

3)she most likely went home on the 26th forgetting about the earrings..

4)because she had been wearing them every day for a week (per BD) BD assumed she had them in and included them in the last seen description..

that is just how I see it... I do not see the earrings meaning a thing other than she left them at her Dad's house.

****moo***** ((ducks incoming objects LOL))

I am starting to think LE leaked the earring info to NG. Either they wanted to see BD's reaction or they wanted to make her look bad by not knowing what her daughter was wearing.

I am starting to think LE leaked the earring info to NG. Either they wanted to see BD's reaction or they wanted to make her look bad by not knowing what her daughter was wearing.

I do think they may be trying to make her look unreliable. I thought they were trying to soften us by confirming the text message but then I remember Billy had said stuff on NG that probably forced there hand.

Colorado City's City Manager Pete Kampfer made one thing clear about the investigation into the disappearance of 13-year-old Hailey Dunn. Whether she's the victim of a crime or simply ran away, law enforcement's focus is to find Hailey Dunn.
In an interview Wednesday with KTAB's Priscilla Luong, Kampfer reiterated that the law enforcement side of the case is intensifying. He says officers are working to corroborate the information and tips they've put together. A focus of the investigation continues to be the only named suspect in Hailey's disappearance, Shawn Adkins.

"We're going back over things that he has made statements to and corroborating that and anything related to searches that come up with him -- and areas that he's been in and other witnesses related to him," said Kampfer about the boyfriend of Hailey's mother.

Kampfer also discussed why an arrest hasn't yet been made in the case. He made it clear that in many cases of this nature, a body is key to successful prosecution.

"In talking to the prosecutor, that (body) is something they would like to have," said Kampfer. "We're about that right now.
To whatever the status of Hailey (is), we're looking for Hailey."

Kampfer said while hope remains alive that Hailey could still be alive, investigators have gone through quite a bit of disappointment as they follow leads.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=333306

Good Morning All! I had company last night and therefore have missed A LOT on the threads. Of course I forced my company to watch NG, so I am caught up with that. Here are my thoughts and questions after all of the new info came out. Hope I am not rehashing a bunch of stuff you guys of already debated, but trying to catch up it's hard!!

1. How can we be sure that BD was wearing those earrings on Monday? BD did not see her on Monday (outside of a possible glimpse in bed. SA only saw her briefly. It is a logical possibility that she lost an earring at CD's house on Sunday. Since no one had any close interactions with her on Monday, I don't think we can take the idea that she was wearing the earrings as gospel.

2. BD to me, came off as the most emotional she has yet, on NG last night. I think MK may have coached or helped her a bit regarding how to present herself in interviews, jmo. She made two statements on NG that I thought came from MK or may have been stated to her by MK and she then repeated them, as we have not heard anything like this or expressed in this manner from her. I guess it was her wording of it that made me feel like it came from MK's mouth originally. Just my perception, not saying it's so. 1. Searching for a "live" Hailey 2. G-ma needs someone to blame and she "understands"

3. The earring found on CD's floor after moving out. You would've thought they would have seen it lying there when they did there final walk-through of the house. Even still, what does it prove? She lost an earring there, but we have no idea when or why. On a side note, curious what DD was doing at the house after CD moved out....but not saying this is related in ANY way!

4. Just from glancing through posts, I saw many of you liked MK's speech. I personally thought some of it was far-fetched or not realistic. I do want to believe too that we can look for a "live" HD. However, I do not think it's realistic that HD is walking around the town with amnesia and no one has spotted her yet. Based on what we do know, is it realistic that some stranger came off of I-20, found HD in her home and snatched her? I know it's happened before, but is it the most realistic option with what we know about SA's movements that day and his behaviors? I just did not feel right about him deflecting from those 911 calls and suggesting that what we do know from LE and the affidavits (as well as other information) all means so little to him. Maybe I misinterpreted that information though. I wish he would have helped BD see how serious all of this is, helped her to see the big picture about SA instead of encouraging her to focus on a "stranger danger" theory. Though stranger abductions do happen, it doesn't seem to be headed that way in this case and statistics show that is not the most likely scenario either. Why not look at the most realistic scenario and face what we currently know?

5. I know I may be VERY alone on this thought, but I find MK's undying support of BD off for his usual stance. He normal encourages parents to CLEAR themselves, take a lie detector, etc... He normally would jump all over a parent who has failed a lie detector and who had so many inconsistencies. I am not saying he should jump all over BD or not support her. I just wish he would encourage her to clear herself, to share all the "little" details to clear up some confusion, to be open and honest, etc.... I also found his facial expressions after his speech to be odd. I wasn't sure what that was about, but that's just a side note. I have tried to think about what makes this case so different for him that others and I am not sure what it is. It's something that is on my mind though, as I find his stance on this case very interesting.

6. I am curious to know if LE is concerned about this earring stuff, if BD is really convinced that CD or his g/f had something to do with this or if this story was released by BD to cause more deflection. I honestly do not know what I think on this topic.

7. Once again, I just feel we have more questions than answers!

I know that I may not have the most popular opinion regarding all of this and maybe I will feel differently after reading all of your great points when I catch up with the thread. However, this is the point of view or place that I am starting at this morning. I am interested to see if I will be swayed or feel differently after catching up or I'll remain as confused as ever! :) Please feel free to share your thoughts on any of this, I love the differing opinions. It does make me think and see things in a different light at times.

JMO here but the earrings were not in the initial description of what Hailey was wearing when she disappeared, IIRC.
Pink and white tennis shoes were part of the initial description but then they were found in her room and the description changed to flip flops.

After raising 2 girls, I do not find anything innocuous about a single earring being found at a place Hailey spends a lot of time. This earring thing might have started to hurt and she just took it off. Heaven knows I have a drawer full of single earrings, single socks, single gloves etc.....

Just jumping off your post about the flip flops but if someone was kidnapped suddenly or carried out of the house, I would think chances were way high to lose a flip flop during this.

Good point!

Just jumping off your post about the flip flops but if someone was kidnapped suddenly or carried out of the house, I would think chances were way high to lose a flip flop during this.

So what did we learn from NG tonight?

- The earring Billie has said that Hailey was wearing when she went missing was found by Hailey's older brother at their dad's house when/after they moved out.

- The beautician who said she saw Hailey the day she went missing supposedly saw her with an African American boy. A picture posted at the Facebook supporting Clint shows an AA boy with Clint, Hailey and her older brother. He appears to be the son of Clint's girlfriend.

- Billie still hasn't faced the fact that the affidavit said Shawn admitted to threatening Hailey. She pointed out the fact that she had never heard that and said that there was a difference in Shawn threatening her and Clint's life (which Billie readily admits he did) and Shawn threatening either one of the kid's lives.

What else?

I looked at the photo of the FB page. HD and Clint looked so happy, and that is the first time I have seen a smile on his face :(

Please join in a around the world prayer at 11:00pm UTC. time zones can be found on many web sites.

Word is being spread all around the world today. Pray to your Higher Power to find Hailey.

MK has many LE contacts , he has more than likely looked at tons of SW,court docs and dealt with lots of invesitgators. He has been to court in missing children cases and seen child abductors in court. He has talked to innocent parents ,and quilty ones. He has made it his mission to be a wonderful advocate and is experienced in working arround investigators and their cases.
I do not believe for one second MK got on TV and blindly supported Billie. He did suggest she take a LDT before he got there. Now that he is there he may understand why she hasnt had one.

There is a reason (imo ) Mark klass has not jumped over over Billie not retaking the LDT. There is a reason MK got on TV and said what he did.
IMO.

It appears stepmom found one in her house before Hailey went missing and DD found the other one at the same location during/after everyone moved out.

Sounds like both are now accounted for.

If this is true than BD and SA quoted wrong on the missing person
report.
My guess is that the earrings were never worn, hurt to much.

Here a move, there a move, everywhere a move move...

I heard the veteran moved out shortly after HD disappeared. He supposedly saw HD the day of her disappearance

SA moved back to mom's or is the grandma's.

NOW I hear that CD moved? When, where and why?

I thought CD lived across the street from BD -- where does he live now?

Thanks so much.

Mel

#507 post, I think it is to keep BD talking without a lawyer.
There is a purpose in this,JMOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member