TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it was. CD was busted for the weed they found in the house.

NO, CD was busted because he had a warrant for something else out of a different county. The weed they found in the house was mentioned as well, but the warrant was something that CCPD had to take him in for. I wish that I knew how to find documents related to that warrant, because I believe very strongly that it was not for a small amount of weed. If anyone wants to find it, I would suggest you start looking in Scurry county. MOO

Great post!!

I am bolding one of the points you made, because I think it should be stressed.

Any time LE questions someone extensively and their story doesn't change at all, when every detail remains the same and the details are a little too detailed... they know it's a made up story. I don't care how many times a person gives an account of what they did and where they went on a particular day, there are always going to be some variables, especially if it is more than a day or two ago. It is not normal for a person to remember everything in such detail unless they took notes. And if that's the case, you can bet they did it for a reason! They are very skilled at what they do, and they do expect little inconsistencies or small details to be added or subtracted with each telling. But their ears will perk up and they see red flags any time someone's answers are too pat... always the same, never changing, like it's been memorized. That is highly suspicious to them.

As for the description of what the kids are wearing, I can't even tell you what I wore three or four days ago. Yesterday, yes... but not last week.

BBM: now I feel horrible ;) I have an 18 year old, who is up and out the door before I am even awake. I could not tell you what she has on. At least I have informed my daughters about cell phone pings, and in the (God Forbid!) event someone grabbed them, to try to hide the phone so LE can get pings from it. And if possible to try to make a 911 call without perp knowing it, if if they dont say anything to the operator, it is possible they could talk to the perp and ask questions like where are you taking me, please dont hurt me.... ect ect...so the operator would be alerted that something isnt right and track the call down. Oh, and I also tell them if they know they going to be leaving to keep the phones on the charger so they have a full charge when they leave.

I think it was Sunday, they have the video of her in the dollar store.

If we hadn't been told that she doesn't do hair on Sunday, then I might agree. HD must have gone to the dollar store on Sunday, but there is no evidence she went there on Monday. She was seen walking only, not seen going into the dollar store on Monday. CZ seems to believe the hairdresser. She knows her to be credible so I believe her.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=333306
Kampfer also discussed why an arrest hasn't yet been made in the case. He made it clear that in many cases of this nature, a body is key to successful prosecution.

"In talking to the prosecutor, that (body) is something they would like to have," said Kampfer. "We're about that right now. To whatever the status of Hailey (is), we're looking for Hailey."
Kampfer says he's given Clint and Billie Dunn his phone number so they can call him whenever they need updates.

You know, this Kampfer guy is WRONG. Yes, I'm sure a body helps to prosecute a case, but those of us who follow these cases know darn well, that cases have been successfully prosecuted without the body. Now, if you take what he says at face-value, I would extrapolate, that perhaps, they simply don't have enough "hard" evidence to prosecute the case at this time. (MO).

." Stewart and Clint Dunn said Hailey walked to the Dollar Store and Alco department store Sunday, not Monday, as Burroughs told police.
"She never came over at all Monday," Stewart said.
"Police have told us surveillance tapes at both stores put Hailey there on Sunday," Clint Dunn said.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/19/official-rumor-untrue-missing-colorado-city-teen-h/

So, the beauty shop owner got the day of the week wrong and surveillance video confirms that.

That clears that up.

This is why eye-witness testimony is important but you have to remember it is fallible. A car could be black to one person and that same car look blue to another. People remember it being a certain day of a week, when it's actually another.

We are all only human.

BBM: now I feel horrible ;) I have an 18 year old, who is up and out the door before I am even awake. I could not tell you what she has on. At least I have informed my daughters about cell phone pings, and in the (God Forbid!) event someone grabbed them, to try to hide the phone so LE can get pings from it. And if possible to try to make a 911 call without perp knowing it, if if they dont say anything to the operator, it is possible they could talk to the perp and ask questions like where are you taking me, please dont hurt me.... ect ect...so the operator would be alerted that something isnt right and track the call down. Oh, and I also tell them if they know they going to be leaving to keep the phones on the charger so they have a full charge when they leave.
Isn't this horrible we have to talk to our children like this.

I wonder if because it was a holiday weekend (Christmas) the hairdresser was doing something special for someone? Does she remember whose hair she was doing that day? Maybe they can help her with the details?

Thank you. You think the man could catch a break and not be forced to move while his daughter is missing. I know he didn't play by the rules, but HUD/Section 8 isn't usually so quick to toss someone out. I worked with section 8 years ago as a property manager, and they were usually given 30 days to vacate. Rules must have changed since then.

MOO

Mel

Could be that "small southern town" mentality. It is present here in TN. I was born, raised, and spent a good part of my life in the midwest. I find some things here in TN very odd, right down to the "good ole' boy" mentality!

Colorado City's City Manager Pete Kampfer made one thing clear about the investigation into the disappearance of 13-year-old Hailey Dunn. Whether she's the victim of a crime or simply ran away, law enforcement's focus is to find Hailey Dunn.
In an interview Wednesday with KTAB's Priscilla Luong, Kampfer reiterated that the law enforcement side of the case is intensifying. He says officers are working to corroborate the information and tips they've put together. A focus of the investigation continues to be the only named suspect in Hailey's disappearance, Shawn Adkins.

"We're going back over things that he has made statements to and corroborating that and anything related to searches that come up with him -- and areas that he's been in and other witnesses related to him," said Kampfer about the boyfriend of Hailey's mother.

Kampfer also discussed why an arrest hasn't yet been made in the case. He made it clear that in many cases of this nature, a body is key to successful prosecution.

"In talking to the prosecutor, that (body) is something they would like to have," said Kampfer. "We're about that right now.
To whatever the status of Hailey (is), we're looking for Hailey."

Kampfer said while hope remains alive that Hailey could still be alive, investigators have gone through quite a bit of disappointment as they follow leads.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=333306

I don't know how you have a suspect and also think the child ran away?

You know, this Kampfer guy is WRONG. Yes, I'm sure a body helps to prosecute a case, but those of us who follow these cases know darn well, that cases have been successfully prosecuted without the body. Now, if you take what he says at face-value, I would extrapolate, that perhaps, they simply don't have enough "hard" evidence to prosecute the case at this time. (MO).

I wish they had another spokesperson,personally. :)

One thing Mark K. said about Hailey possibly being scooped up off of the street and into a truck...of course it is possible, but from her description she is the size of a small adult, about my size in fact, and I can't see that being such a simple thing to do, not an simple as he made it sound. I think Mark may be taking this case a little too personally, I hope he is not being sucked into one side or the other. Personally I think whoever took/hurt Hailey is connected to her thru one or the other of her parents.

There was a case recently of a woman, whose body was found by her brother. She was much taller and bigger than HD, and trained in martial arts. She had been a correction officer if I am correct, and she was literally picked up and abducted. So it must be easier than you think.

With all due respect - I take everything that BD says with a grain of salt. And especially if LE shows up at CD's door and he exhales a lung-full of pot smoke in the officer's face as he opens the door - even more so to search that house. LE did arrest him.

We will have to agree to disagree on this. With the Texas Rangers and the FBI there - CD's house was searched.

CD was arrested by CCPD a couple of days after Hailey disappeared. Texas Rangers were not in C-City until a week later, after it hit the national news. No search warrants were issued until the Rangers came in and saw that they needed to do it themselves, since CCPD had not. By all accounts any "searches" done by CCPD before thr Rangers came were very minimal, as in taking a look around for a 13 yr. old girl, not gathering any evidence. All evidence was collected later; with a warrant, by the Rangers.

There was a case recently of a woman, whose body was found by her brother. She was much taller and bigger than HD, and trained in martial arts. She had been a correction officer if I am correct, and she was literally picked up and abducted. So it must be easier than you think.

I would think a gun or a knife silences many =(. Not to mention the initial shock . . those few moments when what is happening is sinking in... and then it's too late.

I wonder if because it was a holiday weekend (Christmas) the hairdresser was doing something special for someone? Does she remember whose hair she was doing that day? Maybe they can help her with the details?

I agree. For the sake of pinning down the timeline, LE should have already spoken to the person who was allegedly having her hair done on 12/27 during the time the hairdresser thinks she saw Hailey and a 7 year old AA boy. I bet they have done just that and, still, they have not mentioned or confirmed this sighting. I think it doesn't check out.

Billie's friend said the hairdresser never mentioned it to Billie directly, but Billie says the hairdresser is a friend of the family and knows her kids. Why wouldn't the hairdresser have called or gone over to Billie's as soon as the news broke to tell her what she saw? I think she would have. If I saw a friend's child right before she reportedly disappeared, you bet I'd be making a beeline to that friend to give her this important information. Something ain't right about this sighting, imo...

Working on a new thread will be closing this one in a few...

Round Rock is half a day's drive from C-City or Big Spring.

I know I'm late in posting, just catching up - it's in the Austin area, correct?? My son had a soccer tournament there over Thanksgiving weekend. Definitely not close to CC or Snyder.

CD was arrested by CCPD a couple of days after Hailey disappeared. Texas Rangers were not in C-City until a week later, after it hit the national news. No search warrants were issued until the Rangers came in and saw that they needed to do it themselves, since CCPD had not. By all accounts any "searches" done by CCPD before thr Rangers came were very minimal, as in taking a look around for a 13 yr. old girl, not gathering any evidence. All evidence was collected later; with a warrant, by the Rangers.

I am not surprised after listening to the 911 tape of what sounds like a very LAZY and "I hate my job" type of disgruntled officer. Who says's that? They obviously did not take BD seriously when she called them for help last year, far as I am concerned, if they did not take her serious, maybe that contributed to her mindset of reasoning and ultimately taking SA back.
Remember the movie Sweet Home Alabama with Reese Witherspoon, where her friend who is now the Sheriff asks her "Did he hit you"? "Cause if he hit you, we take those things pretty seriously here now a days" --- Just saying..

." Stewart and Clint Dunn said Hailey walked to the Dollar Store and Alco department store Sunday, not Monday, as Burroughs told police.
"She never came over at all Monday," Stewart said.
"Police have told us surveillance tapes at both stores put Hailey there on Sunday," Clint Dunn said.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/19/official-rumor-untrue-missing-colorado-city-teen-h/

So, the beauty shop owner got the day of the week wrong and surveillance video confirms that.

That clears that up.

This is why eye-witness testimony is important but you have to remember it is fallible. A car could be black to one person and that same car look blue to another. People remember it being a certain day of a week, when it's actually another.

We are all only human.

I don't know if it does or not. The eye-witness doesn't say anything about the dollar store.

Jean Burroughs, who has a beauty shop on 19th and Locust streets, said she saw the teenager twice between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. Dec. 27.

First, Burroughs said she saw Hailey walking on East 19th Street.

"I'm certain it was Hailey; I've known her for years," said Burroughs, who lives in a house behind the home on Chestnut Street that Billie Jean Dunn shared with Adkins and her two children.

Burroughs said she later saw Hailey walking down the alley behind her shop

Couldn't she have seen them twice and she not have walked in front of any cameras?

A friend was telling the other day that in a state where she lived before moving here LE required only a high school education. The towne was so small it had two officers. Is that true for the local LE there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx