TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #37

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep I wanna know what was said between SA, BD and DD once SA and BD got home that Monday night. And yet, Hailey wasn't reported missing until 3PM the next day. Why?

I haven't posted a word on this case yet, but I've been following along faithfully.

I read what you had written WOO, and I got hit with the strongest Haleigh Cummings image/feeling/vibe (whatever you want to call it). Just like so much is still hidden and unanswered...

Please don't let this case go on, unresolved like Haleigh's has.

ITA, those phones themselves are evidence, perhaps Hailey's fingerprints are on NEITHER one of them. Perhaps there is a tiny spot of blood or something on one of them.......pictures? Something.

Oh snap...........it's probably that her prints are not on it and she was "supposed" to have sent the text at 2pm.

The next day, DD texted MB, then called when he got no response. Billie used it to call friends of Hailey's to see if she was with any of them. I'd expect her prints to be pretty much gone anyway.

I haven't been able to be here much yesterday nor today. Did I miss anything SIGNIFICANT? TIA
yesterday:
-less searchers showed up due to weather... three teams sent out
-synder and CC landfills searched again with cadaver dogs that came from 7 hours away
-not known if anything found (in other words Kamp was informed if there was)
-BD on nancy again and gave a message to Hailey to call 911
-vigil tonight at 7
-SA's 911 call released by ktab via FOIA

I think that about sums it up???:waitasec:

Did anyone mention this (I've been tossing it around my brain) that *maybe* Billie's "plea" last night about not having the phone was not directed toward Hailey but rather to Shawn?

But Shawn knows her phone was taken, along with his, and if his has not yet been returned, why would he think hers had been?

ITA. The car offers physical evidence. I'd assume they would keep possession of it. The PHONE, however has no physical evidence on it, and the records can be obtained from Verizon. The idea that they are NOT returning the phones, but DID return the car baffles me.
The phone could tell a story from the fingerprints on it and who admitted to touching the phone. Maybe SA said he never touched it but there is a fingerprint of his on it where it should not be if HD and BD were the last ones to use it.

There's also the issue of crop damage...winter wheat is in the ground now, and a lack of rain has already put this crop in danger. This is a big part of a farmer's livelihood. I know I would not have wanted people stomping around on our crops. We would, however, have already searched our land on our own at this point in the game.

There's also the issue of liability if someone should get hurt on their property.

Just because these "old geezer ranchers" (and "young geezer farmers") don't want volunteer searchers on their land does not mean they do not care or are being obstinate. Hopefully they have searched or will search their land themselves. I'm betting that's the case because we are talking about a missing 13-year-old, and even "old geezers" and "young geezers" have kids and grandkids.

I totally agree. I think they are being judged too harshly. They could be worried about rusty barbed wire or thorny trees or any number of things!

And how many of us truthfully would want 30 searchers showing up possibly asking to use our bathroom in the middle of the day? That may sound like a silly example, but not everyone is going to want to throw their homes and barns open for searching at the drop of a hat.

Personally, I would let anyone search anywhere to find a missing child. So I do understand why it bothers people, but at the same time we can't just assume the worst about everyone involved (and especially not involved) in this case. :cow:

I believe it was the same ATM as the transactions were just one minute apart according to the affidavit. I tend to agree with Pondering - they just decided to "splurge" that night and buy more mind candy than usual.

Then go home watch a movie and go to bed?
OK... makes no sense to me. Sounds more like they planned to partake in a larger than normal way but opted for a quiet evening instead? With everything we know...SA walking off his job... HD missing. DD having to crawl in a window... Yep it was just a normal evening with 140.00 (ish) of illegally obtained pills... What? to save for
a rainy day? For the NOT a New Years eve party? geez.

But she even talks about how she withdrew some money and then withdrew some more....let me find linkage.

GRACE: To you, Billie Dunn. I want to hear your response. And I don`t have you on to rake you over the coals. I`ve got to ask you the hard questions.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/13/ng.01.html

Snipped for room and BBM:
I remember a few threads back a few nights ago we used thwese exact words. Wonder if NG has her people reading WS's for info. :innocent:

Re: 911 calls.

If BD dialed 911 while at work in Snyder from her cell or work phone, she would have been connected to the Synder PD or SO's office, whoever handles 911 calls for the area. At that point they could have transferred her call over to Colorado City PD or she could have just dialed the number directly.

But she even talks about how she withdrew some money and then withdrew some more....let me find linkage.

GRACE: To you, Billie Dunn. I want to hear your response. And I don`t have you on to rake you over the coals. I`ve got to ask you the hard questions. But I want you to tell us your side and what you want and what you know and what you want searchers and the public to know to help find your girl. But you`ve got to answer to these allegations. What about this? I know that you used your ATM twice in a row that Monday night when Hailey goes missing, one right after the next. Now, according to these police affidavits, illegal drugs were purchased. What`s the story, Billie?

BILLIE DUNN: I know. And I don`t want to get into it any more. I just want to clear things up. We did go to the ATM, and the reason there was two withdrawals is because I didn`t know how much money I had in there. I know we were broke. We pulled money out for gas, food, whatever. We did go to the north side of town for maybe 15 minutes just to stop by my mom`s house. And she lives on the north side of Snyder. And we came straight home.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/13/ng.01.html

I know what she said. As I stated in my post, by saying she was with him, she was denying that he used the card because she would not get a lot of sympathy for not having secured her card after what happened in Feb. Maybe he DID take it and she was at work when he made the withdrawal! Who is in the ATM photo? Just a thought.

Has anyone heard how many showed up to search today? I'm hoping lots more since the weather is clear today!

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. It would have prevented the repeated calls and would probably have taken less of their time.

while that is true (pound of prevention stuff).... it would not be legal for law enforcement to enter and lock a house when no one is home.

moo

BILLIE DUNN: I know. And I don`t want to get into it any more. I just want to clear things up. We did go to the ATM, and the reason there was two withdrawals is because I didn`t know how much money I had in there. I know we were broke. We pulled money out for gas, food, whatever. We did go to the north side of town for maybe 15 minutes just to stop by my mom`s house. And she lives on the north side of Snyder. And we came straight home.
BBM

According to my Billiespeak translation manual (which seems to get thicker by the minute):

"I don't want you asking me any more questions about this; I just want you to shut up and listen to my story and accept it without question."

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP.../13/ng.01.html
bbm~

That also requires minutes if she were paying per minute. Most people I know either go to the atm or go to their account online to check their balance. I know of not one person who calls. Not one. I have never done that. So I wouldn't believe she would either. SHe hits me as an ATM type person. Not that there's a thing wrong with it..that is just the way most people are today with the convenience of debit cards and ATMs.
JMOO

FWIW I call mine frequently - just because I'm in the store or like last night, in the parking lot and I didn't want to spend too much and have a check bounce. I can't get that stupid banking app to work on my phone. and I know that some atms (if its not your bank) will charge 2 or 3 dollars just to check the balance. That may be why she did it.

Wait....am I explaining BD's thought process.....that's a good one. Let me think some more and see what else I can figure out that she does/says.

It's not the job of the police to go and lock people's doors. If you want your doors locked then you lock them yourself or ask you neighbor or family member to do it. If it was that important to BD then she should have locked them herself.
She called the police because SA wanted a t-shirt back. A t-shirt. It is not the job of the police to get into property disputes between couples unless it escalates to violence. Police can only go to a home to keep the peace between parties while the one moving out gets their stuff. Police cannot determine who owns what and make the decision on who should get what. That is a civil matter. Not a criminal matter.
The police cannot sit outside her home that she isn't even in and wait for SA to show up to get his t-shirt.
At no time during that initial call did BD say anything about fear, violence, threats, etc. She simply wanted the police to get involved in a civil matter because she was afraid SA may or may not go there and then take electronics in the home.

With the second call of threats....the police officer responded to the call. He did his job.

Keep in mind that BD was "going all day" with the calls and we only know about the two calls she made and the one that SA made. It also sounded like SA was calling other police departments about the situation.

I sort of assumed that when the police said they could not watch her house (which she did not lock because she had no idea Shawn had anything there he'd want to go inside for) she called Shawn back and told him he BETTER NOT go in, and the fighting between them escalated to the point of threats.

SurfieTX- that was not directed at you! Sorry, after re reading I wanted to make certain you know that! = ]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foothillbilly