TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the article cited below, MK is quoted. If the quotes are correct, his judgement MIGHT be affected by transference. (Note that it is MK that believes there are many similarities, not me.) I hope someone who knows him very well will speak to him about this possibility.

"Marc says the similarities on how Hailey Dunn disappeared is what brought his organization based in California to Colorado City."

"(This is) The same case as Polly. The age, a desperate family and a community supporting the family and that is what you'll see." he says, "You don't have any evidence, ransom notes, the perpetrator disappeared. I think those are real commonalities."

http://www.cbs7kosa.com/news/details.asp?ID=23461

This is interesting, because I thought it was quite different. I thought his daughter was with other girls in her home at a sleepover, and a man with a knife came in and abducted her in front of witnesses. Am I wrong about this?

I noticed the reward on the flyer is for Hailey's safe return...is it not also for information leading to the conviction of an offender? Or to where Hailey might be found, if not alive?

Honestly, I don't care what Billie says or does, if only she is being honest with LE when they need her to be. She does tend to send very mixed messages to the public-brave enough to fight her way through NG night after night, yet talking mostly about SA, etc. I just hope she is cooperating and that if she is in touch with SA, it is at LE's request.

Ok - next question

(((((((((((((Please don't throw things - I'm just throwing stuff up against the wall here))))))))

What if ... she fell hit her head or was hit in the head - but still alive ... SA tells BD that he can't feel a pulse and that he'll "take care of it". He takes her with him on Monday morning - now she is in bad shape but still alive barely hanging on - that dogs wouldn't hit on that car. If it was a blunt force with no wound - no blood.

Fast forward to SA's phone going back into service later that morning in Big Spring. He knows he screwed up by leaving work (why he doesn't tell her for a few days). He gets to the house and is cleaning up.

Cleaning up what? Just curious. And if he had HD with him, why return to CCity early that morning?

Here's another wild theory... what if Billie and Shawn were aware Hailey was missing Monday, and believed they knew who had her and that it concerned some sort of financial dispute. Hoping to resolve that and get her back, they rush to the ATM and get all the cash out of their account (yeah, I know there was only $140 there), then try to find the person they think has her. They are either wrong, or can not find the person at all, so they need come up with a plausible story to explain why they did not report her missing immediately, and report it the following day. That's why BD had DD try to contact Hailey. That way an uninvolved party makes the discovery that she is missing.

Originally Posted by lynnb
I'm talking about when the media was knocking on SA's grandmas house. The reporter said there was the black pickup in front that they know SA uses. it belongs to the uncle. With all the videos out there now, I know I'll never find it. I'm not saying the uncle was involved in anything, but just wondering if SA used that truck on a regular basis prior to Hailey going missing. And it was just never mentioned to LE in the beginning.

That was the black truck in front of her house on the video with the male reporter.He was doing a "Who is S A?" segment on big country news.

Someone a few threads back pointed out that one is a newer "crew cab" and the other is an older model.

Cleaning up what? Just curious. And if he had HD with him, why return to CCity early that morning?

Here's another wild theory... what if Billie and Shawn were aware Hailey was missing Monday, and believed they knew who had her and that it concerned some sort of financial dispute. Hoping to resolve that and get her back, they rush to the ATM and get all the cash out of their account (yeah, I know there was only $140 there), then try to find the person they think has her. They are either wrong, or can not find the person at all, so they need come up with a plausible story to explain why they did not report her missing immediately, and report it the following day. That's why BD had DD try to contact Hailey. That way an uninvolved party makes the discovery that she is missing.

This is a theory I have not seen yet and seems plausible to me (as do a lot of others though LOL). Thanks LisaB.

1.) I do not believe Hailey had alot of close friends, yes classmates ect...but too embarassed to have close friends who would get to know her home life. (Seems she walked around alone alot) The reason I believe that she did not have many close friends is that SA could have simply said he did not remember which friend she was staying the night with, thus buying more time on pinning any witnesses down. And I lived in an abusive household, so you don't get too close to people because you don't want them to know.
2.) I do not believe that Hailey ever got in SA's face. (another example that Billie gave that we heard third hand)
3.) I believe Hailey got to where she was with cheerleading and good grades without the help of any adults...(maybe teachers, but no one in her immediate family)
4.) I believe Hailey was scared of SA, and was too scared to put out there exactly what all was going on. And also afraid of not being listened to by BD.
5.) I believe that Hailey and BD did not have a good "mother/daughter relationship" I believe Hailey resented BD for putting her last in her life. Rightfully so!
6.) I believe that BD resented Hailey for "trying" to have the teenage life that BD never had.
7.) I believe that Hailey was crying out for attention, love, acceptance and caring from BD.
8.) I believe that SA is guilty of something, and I believe BD is guilty of maybe knowing that things were not right with SA where Hailey was concerned, but never acted upon them. She does not seem to me like a she would have a set down with her daughter to find out what exactly might have been happening. In fact I believe that BD did not want to know what MAY be going on.
9.) I do believe that CD was leary of what was going on around his children and had plenty of concerns, I have been there with stepchildren and sometimes your hands are tied even with court orders ect.....
I know that when I told my Mom when a male relative tried to molest me at 14, she turned a deaf ear on it. And the male relative was still invited into our house and treated like a king.
I know that when a male relative sent a message to my daughter that he wanted nude photos of her, I went face to face with him and told him that the wrath of hell would rain down on him if he ever even mentioned my daughters name again.(And he was way bigger and stronger than me, the mother bear kicked in and I did not care or even think of what he could have done to me.) Did not want husband in prison so did not even tell my husband until I had handled the situation. I know that even with proof of said incident with my daughter that my entire family to this day takes his side and says it was just a joke....that was how he explained it to them.

Billie's friend indicated that there could be reasons SA lied to Billie that have nothing to do with Hailey's disappearance. That may be, but would he really need to get a lawyer over it? And lie about his whereabouts to LE? That is kind of like saying that maybe Terri Horman was doing something naughty when Kyron vanished, so she won't talk. Nothing else is as bad as having done something harmful to a child, so it just doesn't make sense.

As far as LE not liking Billie...that should not include Texas Rangers and the FBI, even if they get local LE's version of what probably happened. Those organizations are not "in it" to arrest someone, they are in it to solve the crime. I'd like to think they are working with local LE and agree with the naming of SA as a suspect. I hope I'm not wrong, I really don't want to think that local LE is "bullying" Billie and SA due to their lifestyle, as Billie seems to suggest.

Well, we don't hear much from FBI or the Rangers, do we?! They seem to be investigating SA mostly, and are not able to clear Billie, possibly due to the failed polys. They are not calling her a suspect or POI, but they have said they believe she is not being 100% truthful.
But, it is very possible that SOME local LE are dropping little hints into the ears of the Rangers and/or the FBI about their own dealings with Billie and Shawn in the past. And if you think that does not influence their perception of a possible suspect, you would be wrong. It very often does.

... (snip) ... Maybe BD was caring for Hailey - in her bed - therefore the "to ease my mind" look but don't touch in the morning. When actually she woke up and there was a note (hinted by reports today in the landfill) but the note was from SA telling her that Hailey didn't make it and he went to take care of it? ... (snip) ...

If I am not mistaken, Nancy Grace took a tidbit about the search and expanded upon it, making it sound like something else. My understanding is that the searchers were using mail from the trash bags in the landfill to isolate the Dunn's neighborhood and the date in question. Nancy heard they were looking for "mail" and read into it that they were looking for a "letter", which she then went on to say was "possibly written by Hailey". Nobody has confirmed that they were looking for anything other than mail to pinpoint the correct pile of trash.

But, I could be wrong.

ETA - And it doesn't really seem that LE is confirming much of anything.

Okay, a little graphic here-- but if Hailey's remains were out in the countryside, wouldn't there be some buzzard action?

I can't help but think of those huge sulphuric acid drums that someone posted pictures of... I'm several pages and one thread behind - was there ever a consensus on that being a possibility?

If I am not mistaken, Nancy Grace took a tidbit about the search and expanded upon it, making it sound like something else. My understanding is that the searchers were using mail from the trash bags in the landfill to isolate the Dunn's neighborhood and the date in question. Nancy heard they were looking for "mail" and read into it that they were looking for a "letter", which she then went on to say was "possibly written by Hailey". Nobody has confirmed that they were looking for anything other than mail to pinpoint the correct pile of trash.

But, I could be wrong.

ETA - And it doesn't really seem that LE is confirming much of anything.

Also NG is the first and only person to throw out 'sulphuric acid'. That has not been mentioned by LE or anyone else since she said it on her show several days ago. jmo

so they are scaling back already....sad

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=334136

Colorado City, TX - Nearly four week since 13-year-old Hailey Dunn vanished from the small town of Colorado City, law enforcement is now talking about scaling back its massive search and investigation efforts.

im guessing SA can move back in now since billie was waiting for things to "clear up"....

I can't believe they are scaling back.......the searchers are just really getting organized.

im guessing SA can move back in now since billie was waiting for things to "clear up"....

Wonder about that too. Look at Brittany Drexel and HC and others that havent been found.
How long before she lets him back in?

Good Morning WSers, does anyone know how we can check to see how many searchers are signed in for today?

Good Morning WSers, does anyone know how we can check to see how many searchers are signed in for today?
LRC has been pretty good about posting updates on their facebook... there is a post from two hours ago:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Laura-Recovery-Center-for-missing-children/116361385094269

((paraphrase))... if you are anywhere near CC come and help search... too many times people get away with crimes if the victim cannot be found... doesn't want this to happen in Hailey's case....

Most children who are molested are old enough to know what is happening is wrong, but they still never tell... or wait until years later to tell.
and as much as I hate to say this...I think IF it does come out that SA was molesting Hailey, BD"s response will be "well she didn't tell me"

OK, (deep breath) I have to say something.

My daughter was molested by her stepdad for 2 years, beginning when she was 8. I had made it a point to ASK HER all the time if anyone had touched her, beginning when she started school and was out of my care for part of the day. She never said a word about him, even when she told me about a (little girl) neighbor wanting to play "date" and a little boy who wanted to play "show me yours and I'll show you mine".

YEARS later, she was having some problems so I got her into counseling. The very first day they said that her issues were either the result of being molested, or the result of being biploar. She insisted she had not been molested and began taking medications for bipolar. Over a year later, the truth came out. She was then 15. I found out then, for the first time. I had NEVER suspected that this man, although a freeloader and occasional drug user, would EVER have touched her.

When I asked her why she had denied being molested for so long, she said "I didn't think they meant THAT!". In her mind, he was her "boyfriend" and they were "cheating on me" together. When she learned in 5th grade that it was illegal for an adult and a child to have this sort of contact, she mistakenly assumed that THEY had broken a law, and that she was as much a criminal as he was. Later, obviously, she learned the truth about that, long before she told anyone about it, but at the time, she told him they had to stop because what they were doing was illegal. He stopped, just like that.

He and I parted ways shortly after, based on unrelated "lies of omission." The sad part is that the counselor and psychiatrist never used this new information to re-evaluate her diagnosis and she continued to take medications for bipolar for several more years before it occurred to us that the meds were CAUSING some of her symptoms. Even worse, while I immediately filed reports, the psychiatrist, a mandatory reporter, and the school nurse and her drama teacher, also mandatory reporters, never reported anything. This posed a huge problem in prosecuting him.

Later, family and friends came to me and said they "thought" something had been going on. I asked "Why didn't anyone tell me?" and was told they did not think I'd believe it. Then I asked "So why didn't you call and report your suspicions to CPS??? or LE???" and have never gotten a good answer to that one.

BTW, He still has 13 years left on his prison sentence, but his first parole hearing is in December of this year. My daughter still has issues.

(ETA) And I will probably never forgive myself.

Sorry if this is TMI.

Does anyone have a link handy to the official Hailey Facebook search page, ( not the page you have to be a member and sign in on... the one that can be read without needing a sign -in)? I believe it is okay for us to link to that one, but not discuss what others post there. Other facebook stuff needs to go on the thread in the Parking Lot. Thanks!

Just saw Nursebeeme"s post...Thank You Nurse!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx