TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get what BD is saying about LE having to calm her down after the NG show when she calls them.Watching her reactions when things are being said like cadaver dog hits she doesn't change in her expression and things said about Zahra and how she was found,BD didn't flinch.Is she that controlled?I know she was a nurse,but it's odd.

We don't see everything that happens when the camera is not on Billie. NG does this on purpose, IMO.
NG did say the other night that she sees things that we don't get to see.

I don't get what BD is saying about LE having to calm her down after the NG show when she calls them.Watching her reactions when things are being said like cadaver dog hits she doesn't change in her expression and things said about Zahra and how she was found,BD didn't flinch.Is she that controlled?I know she was a nurse,but it's odd.

I think she's already run through all the possible scenario in her mind, so while the comments about dismemberment and cadaver dogs are upsetting, they aren't completely unexpected, given recent cases. I think that when the show ends, she calls LE and gets upset with them for not keeping her in the loop, and they calm her down by telling her that they've been misquoted (lot of that going around) and that she will be told first if they get a big breakthrough.

Billie's friend indicated that there could be reasons SA lied to Billie that have nothing to do with Hailey's disappearance. That may be, but would he really need to get a lawyer over it? And lie about his whereabouts to LE? That is kind of like saying that maybe Terri Horman was doing something naughty when Kyron vanished, so she won't talk. Nothing else is as bad as having done something harmful to a child, so it just doesn't make sense.

As far as LE not liking Billie...that should not include Texas Rangers and the FBI, even if they get local LE's version of what probably happened. Those organizations are not "in it" to arrest someone, they are in it to solve the crime. I'd like to think they are working with local LE and agree with the naming of SA as a suspect. I hope I'm not wrong, I really don't want to think that local LE is "bullying" Billie and SA due to their lifestyle, as Billie seems to suggest.

IMO I see this unfolding like a made for TV movie ! Mom living with slasher BF, father recently moved over to keep a eye on his daughter , Older brother swept away to live in another town. Dad looks relentlessly for his baby girl, and Mom still stands by her man!!
wonder who will play the parts? Just saying !! And who to broadcast the Movie, TRU-TV. And we all know who loves Tru-TV besides ourselves ! LOL
LOL IDKN

Lifetime!

I'm wondering when HD told her grandma about SA standing outside her door. Could it have been as recent as the week prior to her disappearance? I think she may have been reaching out for help but she just hadn't built up the courage to mention it to BD yet, knowing her mom would mention it to SA but probably allow him to still live there? It would be scary for her to have to live under the same roof after that knowing he'd already threatened to kill her parents. JMO

Per the grandmother, on Nancy Grace, Hailey told her this 2 years ago when she was 11.

Hey everyone. I haven't been able to keep up with Hailey's case as much recently since my winter break ended and school started again. Anyway, from what I'm reading, Marc Klaas is still very supportive of BD on NG. He can his opinion but if it turns out that she was involved in Hailey's disappearance, that could really hurt his future credibility.

Respectfully, not to me. He is an advocate for missing children because he lost his own child. We have to remember that. He is human, just like all of us. He has emotions, and in this case, I believe his emotions are what he's going on. I think, as quoted in a post somewhere on this thread, he sees the similarities in Hailey to Polly. I think that he can't quite help himself but to identify with these parents. When you identify with someone it's hard to be objective.

I personally am sending prayers for MK. To me, he doesn't look well on NG. It looks like the case is literally taking a lot out of him.

No, No, No, Mr. Klaas, it's not the same as Polly! Polly had witnesses and she was snatched out of her own home while her mother was there. All witnesses gave thorough and correct information about the abduction.

This case is NOTHING like Polly's. :maddening:

I think an important similarity is the hope of finding Hailey alive, however remote that chance may be.

There was a missed opportunity with his daughter Polly - when her abductor was assisted by LE when he was stuck in the mud soon after she was abducted - but LE who assisted didn't have the APB for his vehicle description (for an outstanding warrant). It was believed that she was possibly alive at that time when LE was helping, and was later taken to the spot where she was killed. She may still be alive today if his vehicle had been searched and he had been apprehended at that time.

I do think that is always at the forefront of his mind when he is helping: maybe he can help locate someone so that another parent doesn't have to lose a child, with a secondary purpose of supporting the parents. While we like to sleuth the background, figure out who is involved, etc, I think his interest/connection is on the other side of the investigation - relating to a parent with a missing child.

A chilly start in Colorado City this morning, but the afternoon highs are going to be near 70! A light breeze too-- a blessing for all those searching.

I think she's already run through all the possible scenario in her mind, so while the comments about dismemberment and cadaver dogs are upsetting, they aren't completely unexpected, given recent cases. I think that when the show ends, she calls LE and gets upset with them for not keeping her in the loop, and they calm her down by telling her that they've been misquoted (lot of that going around) and that she will be told first if they get a big breakthrough.

I think she called LE after the NG shows to do damage control. I think she tells LE NG upsets her and she gets confused and that is why she says certain things. Another excuse.

I have to believe LE has more evidence on SA than we are aware of, if they make the claim that an arrest will follow with evidence of a body.

At the same time, they won't rule out the possibility that Hailey is alive. It's hard to get my head around. What crime SPECIFICALLY is Shawn suspected of? Based on what proof? I suppose at this point "kidnapping" would be the only charge they could make.

I know, I think he was equating "physical" with "body". Was he really in the FBI...:waitasec:

Me, too. They're not going to find much circumstantial evidence in a landfill! Physical evidence could be clothing, something with blood or DNA. Or shoes, hair, jewelry, etc. Not necessarily a body of body parts. (I hate typing that!)
I want to know which "sources" told the media that there was something found directly related to Hailey, but then he retracted that and said nothing was found. It's frustrating!

I just can't shake this feeling of why did SA put himself square in the crosshairs by saying he was the last one to see her? He didn't have to. I know, I know - because "his" story of a sleepover at MB's bought more time. But did it? She was classified as a runaway for 4 days. If he "did it" - then why bring the heat down on him? If he didn't do it - well - bring the heat - they won't find anything. Don't get me wrong - I do believe wholeheartedly he is deeply involved. And because of that there has to be more than just him involved. IMO it was a decision that he be the one to take the heat. And besides, its a role he's always wanted to play anyway - KWIM? He's loving this - even sits on a porch and stink-eyes the searchers.

This niggle won't go away. Why was it him as the last to see her?

Maybe because in SA's experience with CCPD, they had a very uprofessional attitude toward Billie for whatever reason, so it was a no-brainer to assume that CCPD would simply take a report, walk thru the house, see that Hailey wasn't there and leave. He was right. CCPD did their version of an investigation and threw up their hands, labeling Hailey a runaway. The runaway label guaranteed that there would be very minimal media coverage. CCPD did what they had to do...add Hailey's name and brief description to a long list of runaways in Texas, and asked around a bit, failing to collect even her bedsheets or anyone's cellphone records, and ignoring the fact that this child had no money, no phone, no clothes, jacket or hairbrush...she "left" with NOTHING.

Experience told SA he was safe, and he was right.... Then BD and her friend started talking to us at WS, contacted regional media begging to be allowed to make an on-camera plea which blossomed into national media coverage...the Rangers came in and had to start the whole investigation from the beginning.

Yup, that's right. SA can thank BD for his status as a suspect, because without her reaching out thru Czgtz ( since BD has no computer), Hailey would be just another name on a list and a file on the shelf of the Colorado City Police Department. This is the mother who everyone loves to hate. I am embarassed to see people who would rather celebrate how rotten BD is than at least give the woman credit for pulling Hailey's case up out of the bottom of the runaway pile.

BD is not blameless, but she has done more to keep this investigation alive than anyone else. She reached out to NG, TES, and Mark Klass. She is doing all of this thru a cloud of denial so thick it's like walking around legally blind, but she keeps going because she did not kill her daughter and she wants to find her and bring her home. When a person is drowning in denial of a violent relationship, facts are twisted, perception is screwed up. IMO, this is why BD's answers to questions sometimes don't make sense. She can't fix the past, what is done is done. All she can do now is look for Hailey.

I personally don't take anything that comes from CCPD or Kampfer as fact unless it is confirmed by another more reliable agency. Every day it seems we find another piece of the initial investigation was not done properly, (garbage sitting in someones yard for 3 days???) Not one agency has called BD a POI or suspect, even though people repeatedly refer to her on WS as such. LE has said that "family members" , (not specificly BD), have not been truthful.

The Texas Rangers, FBI, Secret Service and other LE who have helped investigate will be the only chance or bringing someone to justice for Hailey's disappearance. I truly hope that they were able to get to any forensic evidence before it was too late.

As always, this is my opinion only!

Originally Posted by lynnb
Was MB"s house picked because it was a house that SA knew BD would not call? You know how sometimes our kids have that one friend whose parent you just don't like? You don't hold it against the kid but you avoid the parent at all costs...for whatever reason. Maybe BD would never call this house because she knew the parent had an extreme dislike for her? would explain why DD had to text for Hailey to come home too.

Well,MB's Mom said the first time she ever saw BD was on tv and she didn't talk to her when BD's was looking for Hailey.

I can totally see what LynnB (no relation, btw) said being right. When MB's mom learned the girls were seen wandering the streets on a night she allowed MB to stay over at HDs, she was upset and did not allow MB to stay there again. She probably either called Billie to give her what-for, or (at least) got upset with MB ("you know better") and MB told Hailey, who relayed it to BD. BD may have believed that MBs mom ALREADY looked down on her lax parenting skills, and did not want to call and admit her daughter was unaccounted for when there was a possibility it was a misunderstanding and HD was safe and sound at the home of some other friend.

Side note... If my friend thought her mom's live-in was "creepy" I sure wouldn't sleep over there. Seems maybe Hailey did not tell her friend if there was any problem with Shawn.

Colorado City, TX - Nearly four week since 13-year-old Hailey Dunn vanished from the small town of Colorado City, law enforcement is now talking about scaling back its massive search and investigation efforts.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=334136

And this.......

As law enforcement continues to work the criminal side of the case, officers continue to receive help from volunteer searchers. Two national search agencies, KlaasKids and the Laura Recovery Center, are currently in town providing training to volunteers. The training will ensure all areas are properly searched and accounted for.

This was posted a few pages back, and I should have "Thank"ed it then, but had not had a chance to look it over. This should be required reading. Some of this flies in the face of what is "common knowledge" about family involvement.

http://texasequusearch.org/2009/01/statistics/

"In 53 % of the cases the victim and abductor were strangers. This relationship, where the murderer is a stranger to the victim, “defines” this particular type of murder. The data also suggest there may be a grater predisposition to serial offending among child abduction killers."

That study was based soley on child abduction/murder cases. Most child murders were never abductions to begin with but reported as such by the persons responsible to explain a childs absence. In the grand scheme of murdered children it usually by a parent/caregiver/acquantance of the child.

No, No, No, Mr. Klaas, it's not the same as Polly! Polly had witnesses and she was snatched out of her own home while her mother was there. All witnesses gave thorough and correct information about the abduction.

This case is NOTHING like Polly's. :maddening:

And neither is it like the Haleigh Cummings or Caylee Anthony cases, yet I see posters comparing these and other cases all the time.
OTOH, ALL missing persons cases have similarities. Someone is missing, and usually someone else is responsible.

Okay, a little graphic here-- but if Hailey's remains were out in the countryside, wouldn't there be some buzzard action?

Wow I didnt realize that BD walked out of NG on wed...guess there is so much hard to keep up with..
BBM SNIP:
After learning the reports were inaccurate, Dunn says she's though twice about participating in the show. At one point during Wednesday's broadcast, she even walked out."I wish they could get back to the way the show was at first," said Dunn. "We were all looking for Hailey and all wanted information on Hailey."

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=333966

Someone posted about MK being different in this case, and so supportive of BD. He has never been so critical of LE, and neither has NG. He may be putting some blame on LE, and does believe they have wasted precious time, and that BD is not guilty. Just wondering.

That study was based soley on child abduction/murder cases. Most child murders were never abductions to begin with but reported as such by the persons responsible to explain a childs absence. In the grand scheme of murdered children it usually by a parent/caregiver/acquantance of the child.

Do you have a link to that? I find TES's stats quite compelling imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member