TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't help but think of those huge sulphuric acid drums that someone posted pictures of... I'm several pages and one thread behind - was there ever a consensus on that being a possibility?

Sulfuric acid would leave a lot of residue, would not fully "disappear" and would take weeks of full submersion to be effective at destroying all DNA. No link. Sorry. If this was divided into threads like Kyron, it would be way easier for me to find the correct post(s).

Hi. Just read some of the threads on this. What a horrible sad case, and what a sad lonely life this girl must have led. Unbelievable that a dodgy live-in BF obviously immature and with little to offer with his obsession with killers etc was the last to probably see this girl and poof she is missing. I agree with the post that BD probably was resentful towards HD with her achievements and may not have given too much of a damn for HD, all she wanted was the BF. Horrible horrible case. I hope they find this girl and my heart goes out to all the little girls like her living with feckless mothers and dodgy men.

I just wanted to comment on the horror movies etc.
This is my opinion only.
SA and his cousin and maybe more than we know of had all those videos on You Tube. To me that says that they knew enough about computers to record and upload videos. SA probably also downloaded all kinds of stuff off the internet. Gawd knows there is enough disturbing stuff out there for people to get. I would bet that there was a lot of stuff on hard drives and memory sticks. Yeah BD and SA may have had comedy DVDs in the house but I would bet the real juicy stuff was in data files and not bought from a store. JMO
It is too bad it took so long to get mama's computer to have a look see.

I can't believe they are scaling back.......the searchers are just really getting organized.

That's the sad part about this case -- the investigation/search seems to have been done backwards. IMO they should have brought KlassKids and the other organization in soon after KD disappeared and lots of people were volunteering to search. Yes, they did search then, but it was disorganized. (And i am not going to fathom a guess as to why TES was not brought in.)

I believe that this is why Marc Klass came into the picture (among any other personal reasons he may have which I consider are none of my business to speculate about). MK saw that this was happening and stepped in to at least get the searches organized and to instruct how to properly search.

In addition, it is my opinion that LE may not have acted quickly enough to secure certain areas and to collect evidence. Now they are backtracking.

It is heartbreaking to watch this and to wonder where Hailey is. :(

TES was there, but they were not allowed to search for some reason. I remember reading about 100 threads back that BD had called for their assistance, but that LE had placed them on stand by instead of letting them search.

...snip...
I get an uncomfortable feeling when people make comments that anyone be it BD or others would have been told and ignored their child was molested. Especially when there is no evidence of it (ignoring it or that it happened) yet. I suspect many reading here have had experiences like LisaB and it must hurt to hear the assumptions that essentially say a good mom would know.

I realize it is more comfortable to believe it but who in reality is going to know unless told. Even then it might take a day or two for the information to sink in ... snip...

IMO

The second the psychiatrist told me she had acknowledged being molested, I looked at her and asked "By whom?" I wasn't certain that it was not someone else. When she said it was ******, however, I had no doubt it was true. It just hit me like a ton of bricks, but that is probably because she had been in therapy for a year and a half and it finally provided me with some insight as to WHY. After reporting it to CPS and Police, and THEN telling her Dad and mine (so they would not do something stupid) I started to shake. I then called for a therapist for myself, and ironically, ended up with one who had a history with ****** which really helped me, since I did not have to give a lot of background, and this counselor seemed completely unsurprised by the accusation.

FWIW, a good therapist will seem completely unsurprised by anything that you say in therapy. Part of being good at that job is being able to hear anything and stay in a neutral state of mind and not reveal any personal feelings. I am glad that you did have a good experience with therapy. It seems that so many people are afraid to just sit down and talk with us, even though it has been proven time and time again to be very beneficial.

TES was there, but they were not allowed to search for some reason. I remember reading about 100 threads back that BD had called for their assistance, but that LE had placed them on stand by instead of letting them search.

Makes me wonder if LE felt threatened in some way . . like perhaps they know how successful Tim Millers group is, and didn't want to look bad .. er something. I dont get it. TES has many resources that could be put to use. :banghead:

Exactly. If I was LE in that area I think that I would want all the help I could get to find this little girl. It is time to put pride aside and work toward giving her the help she needs to come home.

Thank you, I was wondering where TES was.

They probably where there early when Hailey's status was changing hourly from runaway to crime victim according to LE.

That's the sad part about this case -- the investigation/search seems to have been done backwards. IMO they should have brought KlassKids and the other organization in soon after KD disappeared and lots of people were volunteering to search. Yes, they did search then, but it was disorganized. (And i am not going to fathom a guess as to why TES was not brought in.)

I believe that this is why Marc Klass came into the picture (among any other personal reasons he may have which I consider are none of my business to speculate about). MK saw that this was happening and stepped in to at least get the searches organized and to instruct how to properly search.

In addition, it is my opinion that LE may not have acted quickly enough to secure certain areas and to collect evidence. Now they are backtracking.

It is heartbreaking to watch this and to wonder where Hailey is. :(

IMO, LE should have (and maybe they did and it's all been kept hush-hush?), the second they suspected foul play of any kind, gotten search warrants and descended on SA's mother's and grandmother's properties and turned them inside out.

IMO, this is the most likely place Hailey and/or evidence of what happened to her is going to be found. If nothing was found at either of these places, then make a new game plan and start searching elsewhere. Next on my list would be any other places SA has an interest in hanging out.

This is also my 'thing' with BD. I don't think she gets, if LE doesn't look where the evidence is pointing, technically you might as well just hang a world map on the wall, blindfold yourself, throw a dart, and start looking there.

Even if she did kick him out after he failed the poly, she seems to have had a change of heart. If she's so sure he's innocent, then who cares what I think, or anyone else. Go to him, talk to him, get him to back it up, talk his mom and grandma into opening up everything. If SA really loves Hailey with his whole heart, this should be a non-issue. IMO, it was way too early in the game for SA to be pulling the "how dare anyone doubt me when my behaviour is so suspicious and I've told several lies" card for him to not be involved.

Maybe I have watched too much Criminal Minds, but I think the searchers should be looking at empty houses, barns, etc. where some kind of movie set or a place for filming could be. If SA is guilty of having done something to HD and given that SA liked to film his macabre behaviour, he could have set up a place where he could film whatever was done in the aftermath. I know this is a gruesome thought, but it has happened before. This is just a thought.

1.) I do not believe Hailey had alot of close friends, yes classmates ect...but too embarassed to have close friends who would get to know her home life. (Seems she walked around alone alot) The reason I believe that she did not have many close friends is that SA could have simply said he did not remember which friend she was staying the night with, thus buying more time on pinning any witnesses down. And I lived in an abusive household, so you don't get too close to people because you don't want them to know.
2.) I do not believe that Hailey ever got in SA's face. (another example that Billie gave that we heard third hand)
3.) I believe Hailey got to where she was with cheerleading and good grades without the help of any adults...(maybe teachers, but no one in her immediate family)
4.) I believe Hailey was scared of SA, and was too scared to put out there exactly what all was going on. And also afraid of not being listened to by BD.
5.) I believe that Hailey and BD did not have a good "mother/daughter relationship" I believe Hailey resented BD for putting her last in her life. Rightfully so!
6.) I believe that BD resented Hailey for "trying" to have the teenage life that BD never had.
7.) I believe that Hailey was crying out for attention, love, acceptance and caring from BD.
8.) I believe that SA is guilty of something, and I believe BD is guilty of maybe knowing that things were not right with SA where Hailey was concerned, but never acted upon them. She does not seem to me like a she would have a set down with her daughter to find out what exactly might have been happening. In fact I believe that BD did not want to know what MAY be going on.
9.) I do believe that CD was leary of what was going on around his children and had plenty of concerns, I have been there with stepchildren and sometimes your hands are tied even with court orders ect.....
I know that when I told my Mom when a male relative tried to molest me at 14, she turned a deaf ear on it. And the male relative was still invited into our house and treated like a king.
I know that when a male relative sent a message to my daughter that he wanted nude photos of her, I went face to face with him and told him that the wrath of hell would rain down on him if he ever even mentioned my daughters name again.(And he was way bigger and stronger than me, the mother bear kicked in and I did not care or even think of what he could have done to me.) Did not want husband in prison so did not even tell my husband until I had handled the situation. I know that even with proof of said incident with my daughter that my entire family to this day takes his side and says it was just a joke....that was how he explained it to them.
I agree with the numbers that I have bolded. IIRC, I heard on NG that BD stated that at first Hailey didn't like SA but then she could go up and "ask him for 10 bucks." At first I didn't know what to make of that statement, but it was one of the first broadcasts of the disappearance and I just thought that BD may be nervous. I don't know. But since reading the affadavits on line, i.e. buying illegal drugs, failing the polygraph.. something's just not right. Also, reading that she was practing vocational nursing without a valid license indicates that she has a history of being deceptive IMO.

I heard her say on NG a few nights ago, (paraphrasing here).. she would like for the attention to be off of SA. I'm trying to give her the benefit of doubt in that regard and I took it to mean that she wanted more attention on Hailey. IMO, and just my opinion, I tend to think she knows "something" was way wrong with Hailey and SA's relationship. That's just my opinion.

Maybe I have watched too much Criminal Minds, but I think the searchers should be looking at empty houses, barns, etc. where some kind of movie set or a place for filming could be. If SA is guilty of having done something to HD and given that SA liked to film his macabre behaviour, he could have set up a place where he could film whatever was done in the aftermath. I know this is a gruesome thought, but it has happened before. This is just a thought.
Hey, I never thought of that - he did love to film and watch himself and his gore obsession. I shudder to think of what he may have in his collection that no one has found (yet). Wow, what an awful vision that something (I cannot even type the possibility) may have been recorded on film related to Hailey. :sick:
Good luck to all the searchers, keep faith, hope for positive results somehow.
Gotta go to work now, I'll check in late tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shazasmurf