TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh.... no.... it came from Billie's friend. Surely you're not suggesting that the friend would lie about that.

:eek:

Not judging CZ...she only knows what she has been told. As my dad always used to say...we just need to "consider the source" (and I'm not talking cz here...talking BD, of course).

Can you say deflection? BD is the one who allegedly turned the earrings into LE, right?

Then, again, she hadn't seen her daughter for a few days, so makes it hard for me to believe she knew what she was actually wearing.

BD had great communication skills when she needs to have them and her vocabulary is very good. She has a few dings in her dialect, related to her region.

I truly believe BD is being evasive in many of her longer interviews. She looks away and to the right quite a bit...she hesitates momentarily as she is gathering her response. She talks in circles when she wishes to confuse the interviewer....and she has another skill that most "guilty" people seem to possess: The ability to stop short. Yes or no answers with no explanation, or minimal explanation, takes a tremendous amount of control. Its the kind of control most distraught people can't maintain. And control dominates her demeanor....in all this time, we have never seen her break-down. Shed some tears? A few, yes. Break? No.

Is BD calculating? No. Evasive? Yes.

Another red flag? Absolutely no pleading. No begging...no agonizing yearning.

this is just how I feel but you explained it so much better than I could. I have no idea if we are right but that is my perception of her.

ETA I also think she was scared to death for the drug stuff and the stuff about to come out (like it did) and ruin her work life. It is done now so IMO she should stop with the excuses

Also possible that police told her not to talk about certain things - and she's trying to keep straight in her head what she can and can't talk about - and evade the stuff she can't. Which would be even harder -if- she does have a drug problem and is either medicated or withdrawing.

Wait - if you were working for a kids recovery organization, you'd walk away from assisting a helpless child because you thought the parents weren't being cooperative enough for you?

Or are you saying that is how those two groups are organized?

Because I kind of doubt that...

Would I walk away? Personally... NO WAY! but the FBI? They have all the information that we do not. If they are walking away, they know it's a recovery at this point
I HOPE I'M WRONG!!!
MOO

Actually - remote as it may be, I think the possibility also has to be considered that she went somewhere willingly. If she went willingly (either pre-arranged or because someone she knew offered her a lift) then there would have been no scuffle or screaming.

No. We only know that she was last seen by someone other than BD and SA (by the brother) at 9 PM Sunday night.

1) Of course she's going to "lie" about buying drugs. First because of the legal issues, and second because she thought it didn't have anything to do with her missing kid.
2) "Shown more concern for SA..." I'm not seeing that. She seems to be pretty involved in trying to find out what happened to Hailey. Maybe this is in your opinion.
3) Innocent people lie to the police all the time, for lots of reasons. Innocent people have even confessed to murder.
4) "She lied about X, therefore she must be involved in the murder of her kid" is pretty tortured logic. Seriously, how many threads are there on WS where someone involved in a missing persons' case "lied" to the police about something and ended up having nothing to do with the crime?

Everybody Lies,
Everybody Dies

I've heard that before in another case, and the person who wrote is facing the death penalty for murdering her two year old toddler. I am just about sick of hearing that just because people lie doesn't mean they're guilty. More often than not, they are guilty of something. Now whether she was involved in the death of her child is still in question for me, but I am not okay with her lying about anything when her own flesh and blood child is out there, lost and alone, no way to help herself.

That protecting SA is more important to her than finding her child is very telling. And it is more important to her. If it wasn't, she wouldn't keep lying about everything. Liars are not to be trusted. If she wants anyone to believe she's innocent, she needs to stop lying. There is no good reason to ever lie, and there is no good reason to ever just gloss over it like lying is nothing to be upset about. I've seen too many cases where the liars were proven to be the very people that committed the crime. I don't want to believe that here, but she keeps lying. Why? What possible reason could there be that's more important than her own child's life to lie?

P.S. Just because everyone else does it, doesn't make it right or something she should be doing. Her daughter is missing and presumed dead. Finding her daughter should be her top priority here. Lying has no place in an investigation when a life is at stake, no place at all.

Respectfully, this is all IMO.

Well there's this post from Billie's friend:

01-03-2011, 05:32 PM
czgtz

About the phone records - I posted earlier that LE told Billie that they did not find any calls from Hailey on her friends phone.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TX TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #1

whoa, wait- but, but.... what phone did DD use to text MB to tell HD to come home, on that Tuesday???
Wouldn't he have used the house phone?? And have called/texted on MB's??

ohh now I am confused on something else

Its not that BD lies. She deflects, she circles, she omits.

That exchange posted above with NG (the pulling tooth exchange) - BD just goes in circles.
Have you asked him?
No.
Why not?
He texts.
Ok, have you texted him?
No.
Why not?
Because I call over there.

Circle, circle circle.

The drug buy was another one. NG tried to keep on her about buying drugs and she finally said "I'm not going to talk about that - or - I don't want to talk about that". We never heard BD say she bought drugs. She never answered the question.

Regardless of how smart BD is - she is a manipulator.

think about this:
How many parents of missing children have you seen go on Nancy Grace and tell the nation that they failed the polygraph and there bf failed 2 and walked out on the 3rd and they were the ones LE are looking at for this - AND YOU BELIEVED THEM? The nation believed her. They stood behind her. That big bad LE - they shouldn't have done those things. C'mon. She's good, I'll give her that.

IMO, Billie is dumb like a fox and a manipulator. She thought she'd be able to manipulate NG and her viewers. When that failed she grabbed her toys and went home to pout.

I believe a lot of her demeanor on television has quite a bit to do with the Ativan she is on. As I've mentioned before from my own experience, it makes you completely out of it, and YES, you forget a lot of details. I also think she's a nervous wreck and the stress is taking its toll on her.

Do you think it would have an affect on her memory as well? Is confusion a side affect? I know I take depakote and I have really bad lapses sometimes from that. I thought it was ativan they inject me with in the ER to bring me out of seizures and it knocks me right out and it takes me days to come back around. I moved to a different state and didn't remember anything about that night while I was on that drug.

Also possible that police told her not to talk about certain things - and she's trying to keep straight in her head what she can and can't talk about - and evade the stuff she can't. Which would be even harder -if- she does have a drug problem and is either medicated or withdrawing.

So all she has to say is NG I've been advised not to talk about those details at this time.

Does no one else find it incredible that Hailey has been missing for almost a month and still we know NOTHING about HER? We know all sorts of things about her mother and boyfriend and ex-husband but can anyone name a favorite friend/best friend of Hailey's???

Hey Billie! Who is your daughter? What does she do? What does she like? How does she behave? What makes her happy? What makes her sad?

I cannot get even the slightest sense of who she is. Even after a month of her whole family (left and right divorced or not) talking about her!

My heart goes out to her!

ETA - Unfortunately, and I do hope that I'm proven wrong, I no longer believe that Hailey is with us. Even if those who were entrusted with her care turn out not to be directly responsible for her demise, I cannot help but wonder what kind of life this child was living! Shame on the whole sorry bunch! Child protection "services" should be taking a look at all children involved here (BD and CD and his "girlfriend"). What a life these children have to adapt to! MOO

My impression is that she is easily confused and doesn't communicate well. I know she is supposed to be a nurse but she seems somewhat immature for her age and maybe under educated? I don't know, can't put my finger on it I guess. Easily misled that's why I was so glad to see MK go there. She needs help.

I said something very similar on the last thread..I also think she's no match for NG who more or less demands an immediate response..If she doesn't get it she just cuts her off & moves on which isn't helping someone like BD..There's many xs it's obvious to me she doesn't even understand the Q.

My guess is the same goes for her dealing with LE for all the reasons you stated above & a few more like she's intimidated, nervous, & possibly over-medicated.

When you tell the truth you don't have to *remember*!!!

1) Of course she's going to "lie" about buying drugs. First because of the legal issues, and second because she thought it didn't have anything to do with her missing kid.
2) "Shown more concern for SA..." I'm not seeing that. She seems to be pretty involved in trying to find out what happened to Hailey. Maybe this is in your opinion.
3) Innocent people lie to the police all the time, for lots of reasons. Innocent people have even confessed to murder.
4) "She lied about X, therefore she must be involved in the murder of her kid" is pretty tortured logic. Seriously, how many threads are there on WS where someone involved in a missing persons' case "lied" to the police about something and ended up having nothing to do with the crime?

As I said..we can agree to disagree..and I do disagree with your whole post..we see things differently and that's fine by me. I'm not trying to change your mind in any way...but let me say, I do know extreme stress and what it can do..I've experienced it firsthand in my life, many times..I walked into my baby son's room one morning in 1974 and found him in his crib having died in the wee hours of the morning of SIDS. He was one week shy of 11 months old and I was only 17..Guess what? I did not lie about anything..WHY you ask? because my son was dead and NOTHING ELSE MATTERED..so call me jaded..but I will not find some way to justify or make excuses for every stupid thing BD has said or done. I won't do it..you go right ahead if you are so inclined..Unlike BD, I want to know where Hailey is...

does no one else find it incredible that hailey has been missing for almost a month and still we know nothing about her? We know all sorts of things about her mother and boyfriend and ex-husband but can anyone name a favorite friend/best friend of hailey's???

hey billie! Who is your daughter? What does she do? What does she like? How does she behave? What makes her happy? What makes her sad?

I cannot get even the slightest sense of who she is. Even after a month of her whole family (left and right divorced or not) talking about her!

my heart goes out to her!

ita!!

Do you think it would have an affect on her memory as well? Is confusion a side affect? I know I take depakote and I have really bad lapses sometimes from that. I thought it was ativan they inject me with in the ER to bring me out of seizures and it knocks me right out and it takes me days to come back around. I moved to a different state and didn't remember anything about that night while I was on that drug.

I haven't been on it for an extended amount of time, it was only a week. I do not remember that week.

I was really out of it on those things. I didn't like it. It's like your body moves around, but you don't know why you are moving, much less care about why you are moving. You are just there....

I really don't know how to explain it.

I'd be surprised if LE is sharing details with Billie at this point, as she may be one of the people they consider to be a POI and she wasn't able to pass a polygraph, apparently.

Compare BD to little Juliani Cardenas' mother:::Tabitha moves between extreme grief to anger to a "quiet anger."

Now compare BD to ...say...Scott Peterson. Casey Anthony (who, yes, I know, is not convicted of anything). Lies. Dab dab with the tissue though no real emotion is ever shown.....

Wait - if you were working for a kids recovery organization, you'd walk away from assisting a helpless child because you thought the parents weren't being cooperative enough for you?

Or are you saying that is how those two groups are organized?

Because I kind of doubt that...

The problem is unfortunately theres a lot of kids missing and these two organisations dont have the resources to help everyone and so have to make hard decisions. Do they help the families where they believe they are being told the truth to..or the families that seem more worried about sticking up for the bf who is a suspect than helping to find a missing young girl??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine