TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose some people will strongly disagree with my comments on Billie's demeanor on Nancy Grace. This is only my opinion. The first time on NG she finally looked like she might cry for a second, she blotted her eyes with tissues. Oh no, not another dabber!
On 1/19 When she was on NG with MK she seemed to be trying to appear frail and waiflike, even had waves in her hair. MK seemed extremely protective of her, like a father. He criticized both LE and the media, and suggested some other unbelievable scenarios for what may have happened to Hailey. He praised Billie for being the brave grief-stricken mother willing to do anything to get her daughter home safe. When she was shown with MK she displayed her grief and "blotted" her eyes again, this time more frequently. She made sure she had a large handful of tissues, or maybe she had a new white handkerchief from MK. She used the same careful dabbing again and again. Shades of Casey? No visible tears, no smeared eyeliner. She checked. Perhaps because this "desperate distraught mother role" does not seem to come natural to her, this entire scene appeared to be staged.

Just my opinion,but I personally don't think the short spurts of time she (or anyone really) spends on NG are indicative of her as a person or her day-to-day behavior.

Yes, I DO think she's staging her behavior,trying to appear strong and optimistic,most likely for the benefit of her son or other family members and friends watching the show. As well as for her own sanity. But the stark pale skin and huge bags under her eyes tell me she's a wreck inside. :(

Also consider that people appearing on the show are able to prepare themselves before going in front of the camera. And Billie is medicated with anxiety medication she's said in a past show so I can understand her "flat" effect for those reasons.

I could be totally wrong of course,but I just don't think we can judge someone comprehensively by a few well-prepared moments here and there on t.v, especially when they're medicated.

"A report in the Snyder Daily News suggests the only named suspect in the disappearance of Hailey Dunn is no longer holed up in a relative's home in Dunn."

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=334216

from article: ""officials said he was recently staying with his grandmother in Dunn. However, officials feel he may be in Big Spring at his mother’s home.""

But they said they were watching him? Was that only at the start then?

I think that being her 16 yr. old son was removed from the home speaks volumes..
A 16 yr. old is only 2 years shy of being an adult.. It could be possible that he requested it himself..
Billie herself said on the 911 call that she leaves her windows and doors unlocked..
Yet DD came home to a locked door, obviously the car should have been in the driveway..yet the door was locked... he pounded for 5 minutes, and nobody answered the door... I would think that DD thought something was strange then and there, to continue to pound on the door... I guessing it took another 5 minutes to get through the window.. and what does he see..?? SA STANDING in the hallway with a "deer in the headlights" look.. also known as "busted".. on the same day his sister disappears..
Nearly 4 weeks pass, and his mother is still argueing how bad her and SA are being made out in the media... defending how it looks bad.. spinning the truth left and right about her and SA...
and there sits DD, thinking WTH.. Where is my sister?? I seen the look on his face... the door locked... SA left work and came back here alone with my sister.. and she is gone..!!!and the FBI, Texas Rangers and LE think he did it... Yet his mom keeps ignoring all the facts..
He was the one that his mom had call for his sister... He took the initial shock to find out that she was missing...
I can truely see why they removed him from that house, he must be so confused right now... but being at the age of 16, I don't doubt that he made a comment to a detective or someone... and they passed it on...
Of all the people involved in this case, my heart goes out to DD.. He lost his sister and will most likely be a main witness in this case... I pray for him... :prayer:

This article was published on the 15th, so if it was posted here - I probably missed it.

Billie Dunn and Shawn Adkins Are Actors Ripe For Prime Time and HD TV!

Interesting perspective..

Either Miss Dunn is the greatest actress that ever waltzed across the Lone Star State Stage of Life, or else her telling of events surrounding the disappearance of her daughter, holds a modicum of credibility and authenticity. That is, Billie`s actually telling the truth. Or is she? Miss Dunn has a protective shield about her that vindicates her magically, almost! (An observation of how she projects herself on TV).

More here:

http://thesop.org/story/20110115/bi...are-actors-ripe-for-prime-time-and-hd-tv.html

Mel

Kimster was asking for more information, so I did more sleuthing, and found some very interesting things. While one is still a minor, and we can't sleuth minors, I did find that several people have other names, including the minor. :waitasec: It's taken some digging, a bit of head scratching, and lots of thought, but I've found BD under three surnames, SA and CD come from "busy" families, as does BD, and it adds more light into their histories. All of this is a matter of public record, nothing earth shattering, just informative. The thing is, I don't know how much I can share? When I get on a roll, I really can find stuff, and have to force myself to stop looking.

Interesting to note, the mothers of BD and CD have the same first name.

I found some property locations but I believe most have already been posted (general vicinities, natch). :wink:

Honestly, she has spent more of her on-air time defending SA and her choices, etc. than discussing Hailey.

I don't know how much control she has over what the interviewer will ask her, and the people calling in to Nancy Grace are completely unscripted. The questions are what steer the direction of the interview, and everyone is asking her to defend her lifestyle choices. They aren't asking about Hailey at all.

Aside from Elizabeth Smart, I have never seen anyone shut Nancy down and establish that the interview would be on THEIR terms.

MOO

I'm going back to the red hoop earrings. From what I understand, you need to keep them in to stretch the ears. Why would she take them out? I have a couple of teens around here that are into that, and they keep them in all the time. If not, what's the purpose?

I won't go into that I think a 13 year old girl stretching her ears is a good idea, and already told my son that he couldn't do that (despite his friends doing so).

Do you think Clint asked her to take them out -- thinking like me, it's not a good idea for a young girl to be doing this? I know they (CD and BD) do not have a great relationship, and I bet BD didn't even ask his advice about this (IMO).

Just my theory on why the earrings were left at the house -- Clint said "no way Jose". Nothing more, nothing less.

MOO

Mel

BILLIE DUNN: We had a rocky relationship. The last year, things have been really good. The last six months, things have been awesome.

GRACE: What can you tell me about that earring, Billie, the earring that was found on Clint Dunn`s living room floor? Did it match what Hailey was wearing when she went missing?

BILLIE DUNN: Yes. I reported when she was missing that I thought she was wearing those red hoop earrings. She had been wearing them for about a week. She was actually trying to stretch out her earlobe, and I told her she could use those, but that`s the biggest she could go and she had been wearing them. And David found the earring on the floor whenever Clint and Naomi (ph) were moving out and brought it home.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/19/ng.01.html

I don't know how much control she has over what the interviewer will ask her, and the people calling in to Nancy Grace are completely unscripted. The questions are what steer the direction of the interview, and everyone is asking her to defend her lifestyle choices. They aren't asking about Hailey at all.

Aside from Elizabeth Smart, I have never seen anyone shut Nancy down and establish that the interview would be on THEIR terms.

MOO

None of us can control questions we're asked, but we can sure control our answers, and Billie has certainly demonstrated that she's a champ at that.

We choose if we're open, honest, and direct - or not.

Regardless of what Billie's asked, she is the one - the only one - who chooses if she answers, and what answer she gives.

Going through her interviews, it is striking how frequently she chooses not to answer questions openly and directly, and instead states something unrelated.

If she wants to talk about Hailey, she can choose to. Instead, she chooses to talk about - and defend - herself and Shawn.

"I know people are curious about that, Nancy, but I don't feel that information will help find Hailey. I love my daughter, and I want to find her. Everyone who's watching, please be on the lookout for my daughter - this is her, in this picture I'm holding up."

"I'm unable to answer that at this time, Nancy. Instead I'd like to thank you for having me on your wonderful show, so I can tell people about my daughter. Hailey is missing! She's only 13. She's height, weight, has long brown hair, and is just cute as a button! Please keep an eye out for her, and if you would, please email her picture to all your friends. I want my Hailey back home!"

"I can't answer for Shawn, Nancy, and I'm done with him. He needs to answer to the police now. Hailey is what I'm all about now. Thank you so much for showing her picture. Everybody, please help me look for my daughter. If you're in Howard, Mitchell, or Scurry County, please put up a poster. I'd be ever so grateful. Thank you."

"I've already given that information to the police, Nancy. May I tell your viewers in Texas about the search parties they can join? Laura Recovery is providing full, free training, and wonderful, generous people from across the country are providing free food! Just go to the Civic Center at 9am any morning if you possibly can spare a few hours. And I'd like to thank everybody who's helping me find my little girl, Hailey."

She could also choose to hold press conferences, and not have questions and answers. Just read a statement, all about Hailey.

Billie is choosing what Billie is doing in the media. Nobody else.

Something jumped out at me while listening to this clip..Billie says that they were all home on Sunday so that she didn't believe it was Hailey out walking with the 2 little girls on that Sunday..possibly if it was on Monday...BUT.. we know for a FACT that the video shows Hailey @ the Dollar Store on Sunday, don't we?..If so..why didn't Billie mention that Hailey went somewhere right then when she was directly asked?..Instead she was quite adamant that they all spent Sunday at home..which obviously Hailey was not home all day if these places have video of her on Sunday...It may not have been with the 2 girls but Hailey DID leave her house on Sunday...Somebody else listen to this please..I know I'm biased at this point..watch from the 7 min mark on..

You heard correctly. Billie said she didn't "believe" she went out on Sunday, they were all home.

The problem with this from the beginning was NG and Jean C put great stock into what BD and SA told everyone: SA saw Hailey on Monday, there were other Hailey sightings - on the phone, with other children, and SA claiming she told him she would be spending the night out. So NG and JC are trying to piece it together with untrue sightings and stories. The girls said they weren't with Hailey, someone else changes the story to saying she was with a young boy, there's the video sighting from Sunday, not Monday, and unreliable neighbor sightings of her in the backyard.

And it boils down to Billie not saying her daughter was out on Sunday.

Geez. I'm glad I'm not LE. I would have exploded by now. It turns out all the "facts" discussed in that clip have been discounted. If the mother doesn't know the answers, why not just say, "I don't know"? :dunno: Better still, why not say her daughter WAS out walking on Sunday? :pullhair:

Where did the SM (CD's GF) not remembering come from? I have yet to see an article about it, maybe I'm missing it. If any one has a link could you post it pretty pleaseeeeeeeee? TIA

I know I read this weeks ago and can't find a trace of it now. That's one problem with articles online... the writers can continue to revise them after they are published. I don't know if that is what happened in this case, but I have been Googling and tried everything I could think of but the articles that mention her are only about the search, and about Baby C. Every time I think I have it, it leads me back to us!

whoa, wait- but, but.... what phone did DD use to text MB to tell HD to come home, on that Tuesday???
Wouldn't he have used the house phone?? And have called/texted on MB's??

ohh now I am confused on something else

To the best of my knowledge, you can't send a text from a landline ("home phone"). Hailey did not have a phone of her own. Billie had a cell she left at home for the kids to use while she was working. DD used that phone to text MB, whose number was presumably in the contact list, and then to call when nobody responded.

Does no one else find it incredible that Hailey has been missing for almost a month and still we know NOTHING about HER? We know all sorts of things about her mother and boyfriend and ex-husband but can anyone name a favorite friend/best friend of Hailey's???

I can!!! Well, I COULD, if it wasn't a violation of the rules here to name minors, but there's a link... I think it is okay to post that.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=331936

On 12/28 BD decided to call DD and tell him to text M and tell her to send Hailey back home. Why then? Was that her lunch hour? Why was it so important that Hailey go home that early, it was Xmas vacation, doesn't add up. What does add up is did she need to get the ball rolling about how Hailey "went missing"? How could she push her son into being the messenger? Was she jumpy at work and complaining about a toothache or something, and wanting to get out of there early?

?? What time did Billie actually go to the police station to make her "Hailey is not in her home" report. Why did she avoid calling 911 - possibly because they were all too familiar with her name and address? Voice stress test could have determined a frantic mother from “um, I want to report that my daughter went missing”.

snipped and BBM

Okay! You've made two very interesting points I hadn't thought of:
1) Why was it so important for Hailey to come home at lunchtime when her mother wasn't worried about her the night before? Why make her come home when she supposedly had adult supervision at the friend's house?
2) Why did Billie go to the police station instead of having the officers come to her? Is it because calls to the police station are recorded and later analyzed to the nth degree?

Pondering minds want to know. :waitasec:

When you tell the truth you don't have to *remember*!!!

I agree with the sentiment expressed here, but... answer these questions for me...

What did you eat for dinner last Tuesday?

What color underpants did you have on 4 days ago?

What socks did you wear New Years Day? (Surely you remember New Years Day!)

If you asked me these questions, I would really have to think to try to remember the answers. It's not because I am lying.

From akasleuth's post - my comments below in red

1) Why was it so important for Hailey to come home at lunchtime when her mother wasn't worried about her the night before? Why make her come home when she supposedly had adult supervision at the friend's house?
And just how did BD know the girls even HAD adult supervision? Supposedly, Hailey had never spent the night at MB's house before. Wouldn't you check to see what the situation was before allowing your child to stay all night?
2) Why did Billie go to the police station instead of having the officers come to her? Is it because calls to the police station are recorded and later analyzed to the nth degree? Billie said she called "some family, friends", but did she call them before or AFTER she went to the police to file a report?

I have been trying to find personal accounts of people who know HD. On a local CC forum there is a friend of HD who said that HD sent her a FB message about three weeks before she disappeared. The friend had told her about some stuff that her step dad had done to her...and HD wrote that she was scared of SA. The girl did talk to LE about the message. Also she said that HD uses the computers at the library.

I agree... The "ease" my mind statement bothers me too... What happened that night... Did BD think it was a typical arguement between the two that night, and checked on her in the morning to "ease" her mind, because she knows he is abusive..??

The ease her mind statement doesn't bother me, as it's perfectly normal imo to check on one's child/ren to comfort yourself in knowing that they are where they are suppose to be, safe, and warm in their bed.

What is bothersome imo, is that she says she didn't actually see her, so how was her mind eased?
When I look in on mine, I want to see that they are actually there, only then is my mind comforted.
moo

From akasleuth's post - my comments below in red

And just how did BD know the girls even HAD adult supervision? Supposedly, Hailey had never spent the night at MB's house before. Wouldn't you check to see what the situation was before allowing your child to stay all night?
JMO, but I don't think BD was all that worried about Hailey being supervised by an adult. This is based on the information of Hailey was walking everywhere at all times of the day. Safety was not a priority in this household by BD's own admission on 911 calls that she leaves her doors and windows unlocked. Why make Hailey come home? Dishes, laundry needed to be done? Clean her room. Who knows?????2) Why did Billie go to the police station instead of having the officers come to her? Is it because calls to the police station are recorded and later analyzed to the nth degree? Billie said she called "some family, friends", but did she call them before or AFTER she went to the police to file a report? BD might have called first but not on the 911 line and LE told her to come down to fill out a report.

Purple is me.....

I've always been surprised that we have not heard from any of Hailey's friends. I know most families are probably keeping to themselves, but usually a kid or two will want to talk to the media, especially as H has friends of all ages on her FB, many in the high school. I don't recall hearing any quotes from any of them. Is this the sort of small town that closes their doors once something happens, and "minds their own business"?

As far as where H might be, if SA is the culprit, I am already shocked if LE has not been able to obtain search warrants for all of the places/properties he may have lived part of the time, or relatives' homes to which he had keys. Mom, Grandma, whoever that may be. If he is the suspect, wouldn't probable cause cover any addresses where he received mail, kept belongings, used the computer, etc.? He had to use internet somewhere.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=331936 (Hailey's self-proclaimed "best friend" speaks

And I keep thinking that, while the phone was off he could have discarded "evidence" somewhere in the opposite direction from CCity than BSprings. Pings show him leaving work and heading to CCity. Next time they pick up he is in Big Spring. There is a way to Big Sprigs from Snyder that does not go through CCity, and that route is faster. Sooo... he goes BACK toward work and/or beyond, and disposes of whatever he needs to get rid of. Then heads to Big Springs using the shorter route.

The search focus has been CCity, BSprings and the area between them. LE doesn't even seem to have considered the possibility that he backtracked to (or even toward) his or Billie's work while the phone was off. If this is the case, he may have INTENDED for the pings to be picked up as they would point searchers in the opposite direction.

Do any of the local stores have a surveillance camera that might show his vehicle traveling in and out of town?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx