TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah.... this whole case is a headache, people say one thing and change up the stories, right down to the LE... but I can't watch DB anymore, I've got very bad vibes...:furious:

bbm~

Me Too!!! I realize how I probably sound when I'm talking about her..and I hate that I do..but from the beginning I've said..Something Just Ain't Right...and it's not!..Bad Vibes is an excellent way to put it..Yep, this one gives me the heebie jeebies..:eek:..right or wrong, she does..

Ease her mind. It was dark. Didnt touch her. All seemed alittle weird to me. :waitasec:

The phrasing might be a little odd, but I can't say I see anything particularly strange about her actions. It was early, there was no school, there was no reason HD needed to get up... If I was HD and someone had come into my room at that time of the AM poking me to make sure it was really me, I would have had a fit. I can see mom just glancing in - if HD happens to be awake, she'd say good bye before leaving for work. Maybe check to make sure the tv got turned off.

I strongly suspect that it never even occurred to BD that the "lump" under the blanket might not have been HD until the police started asking "are you absolutely positive she was there" and BD realized she couldn't actually be sure.

I still consider a 3rd phone a possibility. My understanding is that HD was often seen out in the back yard on the phone. If she was going out there for privacy, then she easily could have gone further with that and had a phone BD didn't know about - either bought herself (maybe at the dollar store?) or one given to her by a friend/boyfriend.

If she did have her own phone, the text on BD's might have been left there intentionally by HD so BD would assume she'd gone to her friend's house.

If she did have a 3rd phone then I expect they will find those records too. She would have talked to one of her friends and they would find the number logged.
It was reported that she briefly had a boyfriend her age in the next town over in November. I bet he would have had her number if she had another secret phone.

I expect that she will be arrested for hindering an investigation... because that is what I see her doing... and they have more POI too...

I still consider a 3rd phone a possibility. My understanding is that HD was often seen out in the back yard on the phone. If she was going out there for privacy, then she easily could have gone further with that and had a phone BD didn't know about - either bought herself (maybe at the dollar store?) or one given to her by a friend/boyfriend.

If she did have her own phone, the text on BD's might have been left there intentionally by HD so BD would assume she'd gone to her friend's house.

That's possible but it wouldn't explain why call history and text messages were deleted off of SA and BD's phones. Someone was trying to hide something in my opinion.

I spend so much time trying to read "back pages" on these threads that I never get an opportunity to come to a pause where i can collect my thoughts and cram them in here.
So, here goes:
On 1/5 Billie took a poly, failed - says because she was taking both pain medication and antibiotics for toothache. Question? Does she have legitimate prescriptions for that, and has both her dentist and doctor been verified. If she worked at the hospital, did she get discounted legitimate prescriptions and discounted medical care? Could she request to see a doctor at any time when she was art work?

We only have Billie's word that she saw Hailey in her bedroom watching tv between 10:00and 11:00pm on 12/26. What was Hailey watching? What was Hailey wearing? If that was the LAST time she can claim she actually SAW Hailey, it should be very memorable.

On 12/27 SA showed up at work at 6 and was only there ten minutes. Are there security cameras over the employee entrances and exits? What was SA wearing that morning? Does he have his own secure locker? How big was the office if he only got a soda and left? Did it take that long to get to the break room vending machine, pop the cap on the soda and leave? Ten minutes seems too long for just that. There had to be a compelling reason for him to leave, and I wonder if he realized as he arrived at work that maybe he left something behind, such as Hailey's pink tennis shoes? I believe it was uncertain at first that she had worn them when SA watched her "leave". She certainly would not have gone out barefoot, and flip flops would probably be easy to discard as nobody would want to retrieve them from a dumpster.

On 12/28 BD decided to call DD and tell him to text M and tell her to send Hailey back home. Why then? Was that her lunch hour? Why was it so important that Hailey go home that early, it was Xmas vacation, doesn't add up. What does add up is did she need to get the ball rolling about how Hailey "went missing"? How could she push her son into being the messenger? Was she jumpy at work and complaining about a toothache or something, and wanting to get out of there early?

?? What time did Billie actually go to the police station to make her "Hailey is not in her home" report. Why did she avoid calling 911 - possibly because they were all too familiar with her name and address? Voice stress test could have determined a frantic mother from “um, I want to report that my daughter went missing”.

Showing my age here, but the first thing I thought was "Eyes of Laura Mars" - even tho they don't look the same.

Remember that movie - she could see what a serial killer was doing?

Yes I do remember that movie! A friend says she found this picture all over the net as a poster.

The last post just gave me a thought. What if Haylie were taken to that workplace the night before and something were left there. Have the dogs searched all around that area?

Caligram, your post just brought another thought to mind! What if BD intentionally didn't call 911..as in what if it was planned so that no 911 call would be made or be recorded and dissected as LE would do and as we surely would do here..As we do in every crime where we have a 911 call to do it with. That's something that they surely would have known..anyone that had the slightest interest in true crime would! It sure would explain why she went home (where she had a phone to use) and drove to the PD....hmmm..I mean really, why WOULD she do that? Hailey could have come home or called in the meantime?

Yup... SA had some really crappy luck that day to make him look like a suspect, which Billie can't see...
- Goes to work for 10 min. and walks out...
- Cell pings don't match where he is
- Lies that he got fired
- Cell pings disappear for about 2 hours..
- None of her friends hear from her or see her that day
- Last one to see Hailey
- Hailey did not show where SA said she was going, nor did MB recieve a text
- DD pound on the door for 5 min. to get in.. SA had "deer in the headlight look".
- Flunks polygraph
- Hailey happens to leave for an overnighter without coat /jacket shoes
- He had the car around the last time Hailey was seen
- LE WILL NOT RELEASE ANY FORENSICS DONE ON THE CAR UNTIL AN ARREST OR ARRESTS ARE MADE..
******sums it up for me*******
----What's worse... Billie had to think about it a little bit..!! as the LE has a 24/7 watch on him...

If you want to ease your mind, you go right up to the bed and see your child sleeping. Perhaps even put the blanket on a little better, etc. You know, those motherly things you do when you are a parent.

I can relate - whenever I hear a bump in the night, the first place I check is my sons room. I wonder if there was a hall light BD could have turned on to actually see HD? That's what I do anyway. In most cases, he's snoring away, but over the holidays I found him throwing up.

So why did she look if she didn't see anything but a bump.

The "ease my mind" statement doesn't work for me if she didn't bother to even see her daughter.

MOO

Mel

The "ease my mind" thing is killing me here.

My kids are 13 and 17. The 17 y/o sleeps on the couch, so I'm leaving her out for now. My 13 y/o sleeps in his room. I'll open his door, look at his bed, then turn off the tv if he left it on. If I don't see him because he is under the blankets, I'm not going to freak out and assume he's not there.

I'm not going to go up and touch him, he's not a baby anymore.

This is how I "ease my mind".

I don't understand why there is such an issue of her not touching Hailey. She wasn't worried that Hailey had stopped breathing, or snuck out of the house. Why would she touch her???

I don't go up and touch my son, but I will turn the hall light on and peek in if I hear anything. He's usually up before me - so it's almost vice-versa in the mornings (he comes in my room and says good morning) :)

Though tonight he's at a sleep-over, and I hate that...not knowing what's going on. Those are the nights you'll find me here at 1:45 AM because I can't sleep. Not that I don't trust him, I just like him here.

On that note, he checked in with me twice tonight.

Wonder why BD never thought to check in with HD? That just baffles me!

MOO

Mel

Yup... SA had some really crappy luck that day to make him look like a suspect, which Billie can't see...
- Goes to work for 10 min. and walks out...
- Cell pings don't match where he is
- Lies that he got fired
- Cell pings disappear for about 2 hours..
- None of her friends hear from her or see her that day
- Last one to see Hailey
- Hailey did not show where SA said she was going, nor did MB recieve a text
- DD pound on the door for 5 min. to get in.. SA had "deer in the headlight look".
- Flunks polygraph
- Hailey happens to leave for an overnighter without coat /jacket shoes
- He had the car around the last time Hailey was seen
- LE WILL NOT RELEASE ANY FORENSICS DONE ON THE CAR UNTIL AN ARREST OR ARRESTS ARE MADE..
******sums it up for me*******
----What's worse... Billie had to think about it a little bit..!! as the LE has a 24/7 watch on him...

What a great summary. Let's send it off to Billie!

IMHO SA has a lot of splainin to do!

Mel

Wow... 113 people on this thread....Welcome to the 41 guests. Why don't you join us in our quest to find Hailey Dunn?

Here it is 12:30 AM and I am in Florida freezing to death. Going to leave it with you guys and head off to that warm bed and DH. Maybe I can sneek in and not wake him up. Websleuths is my guilty pleasure!!

DEAR GOD...PLEASE BRING HAILEY HOME!! (I hope ya'll are not tired of me screaming this little prayer)

he he...mine too. You'll always find me on here after hours when everyone is asleep. I'm a night owl though, and sometimes it's lonely, cuz most of you sleuthers are sound asleep!

Hugs,

Mel

I suppose some people will strongly disagree with my comments on Billie's demeanor on Nancy Grace. This is only my opinion. The first time on NG she finally looked like she might cry for a second, she blotted her eyes with tissues. Oh no, not another dabber!
On 1/19 When she was on NG with MK she seemed to be trying to appear frail and waiflike, even had waves in her hair. MK seemed extremely protective of her, like a father. He criticized both LE and the media, and suggested some other unbelievable scenarios for what may have happened to Hailey. He praised Billie for being the brave grief-stricken mother willing to do anything to get her daughter home safe. When she was shown with MK she displayed her grief and "blotted" her eyes again, this time more frequently. She made sure she had a large handful of tissues, or maybe she had a new white handkerchief from MK. She used the same careful dabbing again and again. Shades of Casey? No visible tears, no smeared eyeliner. She checked. Perhaps because this "desperate distraught mother role" does not seem to come natural to her, this entire scene appeared to be staged.

I suppose some people will strongly disagree with my comments on Billie's demeanor on Nancy Grace. This is only my opinion. The first time on NG she finally looked like she might cry for a second, she blotted her eyes with tissues. Oh no, not another dabber!
On 1/19 When she was on NG with MK she seemed to be trying to appear frail and waiflike, even had waves in her hair. MK seemed extremely protective of her, like a father. He criticized both LE and the media, and suggested some other unbelievable scenarios for what may have happened to Hailey. He praised Billie for being the brave grief-stricken mother willing to do anything to get her daughter home safe. When she was shown with MK she displayed her grief and "blotted" her eyes again, this time more frequently. She made sure she had a large handful of tissues, or maybe she had a new white handkerchief from MK. She used the same careful dabbing again and again. Shades of Casey? No visible tears, no smeared eyeliner. She checked. Perhaps because this "desperate distraught mother role" does not seem to come natural to her, this entire scene appeared to be staged.

I agree with you, and she does remind me a LOT of ICA. And, yes, the word staged does come to mind when she's with MK.

I don't fault him for supporting her, as I've always said I think he has a huge heart when it comes to missing children. And, he probably sees another side that we don't see on NG or other media outlets. I just pray it doesn't come back and bite him in the backside (if in fact BD is holding out information, or is in someway involved). I'm still on the fence in that regard.

Many will say people grieve in different ways. Me - I'd be a basket case and probably have a heart attack right there on the spot. I don't do well in stressful situations and usually just break down (just me I guess).

But overall, I agree with your post wholeheartedly!

Hugs,

Mel

I have some more chilling thoughts about SA. I am sure that it was not a spur of the moment thing. No accident either. I think that SA had planned this abduction for his own evil enjoyment. I don't believe that he was into "sharing" this time.
I am trying to visualize how BD could have aided and abetted him, but BD does seem more concerned with defending SA than about why Hailey is "not at her home". That phrase, along with some other little things, just don't add up. Something is unnatural about this entire event. I do worry that BD may have helped SA concoct the story about the sleepover, and first "stopping at CD's". Because that would be natural for a mother to think that way? Still, sadly, for Hailey, there are no motherly pleas, no "I love you so much", "I miss you" etc. I don't think BD believes that Hailey is going to be found alive.
I do not believe that any sign of decomp will be found at Hailey's, rather, Billie's home. If these two were fond of crime and gore, they would have been studying up on how to get away with murder. I also recall SA stating "I'm clueless" when asked about what may have happened to HD. I don't think he would have disposed of HD in any place that people may associate with him. He had plenty of time to "take care of things" when BD said she was "unaware" of his coming and goings. BD seemed to be so obsessed with SA that I think she had to know something was up. I don't think BD is simply "in denial". That's a poor excuse for all these lies. I worry that HD may not be found for a long time, if ever. I think that SA knows of too many ways to hide a body for a good long time. I think right now he is enjoying all the attention he has generated. I don't think he would have made many mistakes, because he strikes me as a cold-blooded selfish individual that wouldn't risk spending his life in prison or being executed. I think he thinks he is too smart...please, let this end soon, and hopefully he will have made one stupid mistake, just one, that will cost him.
I can't get Hailey out of my mind. She could be one of my own granddaughters. Except that in my family, we treasure our loved ones, and try to keep them near and dear. For Hailey, there doesn't seem to be any hope that she will re-appear. I cringe when people surmise that she may have run away, been doing bad things for a long time, had a boyfriend or two. As for SA saying HD was promiscuous, how awful that BD didn't even stand up to protect Hailey's reputation, if not Hailey herself.
Please excuse my ramblings and poor composition. I can’t write in paragraphs, I can’t think in paragraphs. I can only feel deep sadness and anger that something like this happens, over and over and over. The older I get the less the country seems to be a safe place for children to live in, grow and get old themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx