TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know rewards are seldom a factor in these cases...but I am wondering, what if someone has info or suspicions about where Hailey might have been buried or hidded? The flyers I've seen indicate the reward is for bringing H home safely. In a small town, $15K might be enough to tip off LE if they have an idea of a place SA was often seen.

Of course people don't remember mundane things in their lives, but I can tell you this: If my daughter had disappeared, I think I would remember every single detail of what I had been doing in the days surrounding her disappearance.

Until she realized Hailey was missing, these were ordinary "mundane" days.

If I knew my daughter was going to be kidnapped today (aside from not letting her leave the house) I'd make a note of every stitch of clothing, all her jewelry, take a brand new photo, and would write her name and address on the bottom of her foot with a Sharpie marker.

But if my daughter was kidnapped today without my advance knowledge (NOT SAYING BD HAD/DID NOT HAVE ADVANCE KNOWLEDGE), I'd be hard-pressed to say what she had on when she disappeared, the most recent photo would have to come from her Facebook page, and if she was found deceased (without her information on her foot), they might not know who she was immediately.

I think her reporting should be accurate about the things that have occurred SINCE that Tuesday afternoon, at least as far as possible if she is, in fact, medicated. But before that, there was no reason to remember little details.

You're kidding.
Do you know how many people actually GO TO THE POLICE to report their family member missing??? Rather than WAIT for LE to show up?? LOTS!!!!! There is absolutely NOTHING nefarious in her going to them to file a missing persons report rather than call 911. In fact, I would think that would be the BEST option, myself. It gets them more attention, and quicker.
I swear... the things y'all can come up with to try and make her look bad are just... mind-boggling.
opinions....im thinkin we could have those here....

One question that I'm not sure has been asked is

Do we know if SA had any type of relationship with any of the other women who have been peripherally mentioned in this case?

No, we don't know. When people are so involved with using drugs that they can't stand going without, they might run out of money and resort to barter. Let's see, what could we trade for dope?

...sex?
...stolen goods?
...secrets threatened to reveal?
...involvement of otherwise "respectable" persons with case players?
...sex + stolen goods= stolen people?

There very well could have been other "relationships" or just plain sex with no emotional ties at all.

All of it MOO, no confirmed fact implied!

http://lostnmissing.amplify.com/2010/09/28/texas-girl-12-disappeared-in-1989/

Is this girl related to Shawn? She has the same surname as his cousin who was in the video with him.

The similarities to this case are striking, although it happened 20 years ago. A girl who wanted to spend the night with a friend disappeared while walking home.

Surely LE remembers that case and has looked at any possible connections.

SA and his present-day cousins would have been babies in 1989, although they might have heard that story while growing up. Given their fascination with crime, who knows if it gave SA some twisted ideas?

Just thinking about where searches should take place ASSUMING it is SA who is doing the hiding:::
1. They know where we went because of the cell phone pings. They had those right off the bat.......which is probably why they didn't take his phone right away. Let him keep it until they had all vehicles he (and she) had access to tagged with GPS. Anything done with a phone can be gotten from the phone provider later.
2. It would need to be a relativey quick drop because his time seems to be accounted for (IF we believe his mother that he was there in her sight during that time--remember, the cell phone pings merely indicate he is in the area).

So, if it's SA and HD has come to "no good end" I would bet she's close.

She is no longer missing. And yes she is supposedly the sister of the cousin and is SA's cousin.

Not the same girl, this one went missing in 1989 at the age of 12. As of the date the article was written (9/27/2010) she hasn't been found.

Originally Posted by LisaB
I'm not 100% sure, but I believe I have heard Nancy say "Billie, what do you think about that?" or "Billie, how does that make you feel?" and she answers that it scares her, she doesn't want to hear those theories, and that she is focusing on finding Hailey alive.

Only since she hooked up with MK. Prior to that she was saying how she was giving up hope, not expecting Hailey to be coming home from school, etc. For example:

Jan 12 NG

DUNN: I don`t know what to think at all anymore. It`s — to me — my mind changes from one hour to the next. But right now it`s not feeling good to me that I am going to be able to hold my daughter again, or that I am going to be waiting for her to come in from school, too.

I was responding to the assertion that Nancy Grace cuts the audio to Billie when gruesome scenarios are being discussed by experts.

I agree with the sentiment expressed here, but... answer these questions for me...

What did you eat for dinner last Tuesday?

What color underpants did you have on 4 days ago?

What socks did you wear New Years Day? (Surely you remember New Years Day!)

If you asked me these questions, I would really have to think to try to remember the answers. It's not because I am lying.

Well, we better ALL start taking notes and keeping a diary, because if somebody in our family goes missing, we are gonna have to KNOW and HAVE PROOF of everything.

The only one of those questions I could truthfully answer is the color of socks. Most of mine are white. That's all I know.

She is no longer missing. And yes she is supposedly the sister of the cousin and is SA's cousin.

Do you have a link stating that she is no longer missing? I can't find anything stating that she has been found since that article in Sept 2010.

Do you have a link stating that she is no longer missing? I can't find anything stating that she has been found since that article in Sept 2010.

Again, I say my mistake....I thought it was the cousin of SA that has been talked about....I am sorry

Are you still certain of the relation to SA? Because that would be wild, imo.

I believe, that this may have been cleared up in the basement. If again
I am not mistaken. I will go look to see what I can find on it. But at the time it was being discussed that there was a cousin of SA's that went missing years ago.

From akasleuth's post - my comments below in red

2) Why did Billie go to the police station instead of having the officers come to her? Is it because calls to the police station are recorded and later analyzed to the nth degree? Billie said she called "some family, friends", but did she call them before or AFTER she went to the police to file a report?

Pondering minds want to know. :waitasec:

What exactly did BD do when DD called her back and said HD never went over there? Did she make calls from WORK? Did she get all the numbers of HD's friends from the cell phone from DD? I'm just curious about that particular timeline.

Just thinking about where searches should take place ASSUMING it is SA who is doing the hiding:::
1. They know where we went because of the cell phone pings. They had those right off the bat.......which is probably why they didn't take his phone right away. Let him keep it until they had all vehicles he (and she) had access to tagged with GPS. Anything done with a phone can be gotten from the phone provider later.
2. It would need to be a relativey quick drop because his time seems to be accounted for (IF we believe his mother that he was there in her sight during that time--remember, the cell phone pings merely indicate he is in the area).

So, if it's SA and HD has come to "no good end" I would bet she's close.

CCPD never asked for cell info from the provider during the initial investigation. The Rangers did that after they came in a week later. The pings showed that he did not go straight to mom's home like he said he did. He went back to the Colorado City area instead.

Regarding my timeline post here:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6049210&postcount=530"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TX TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #40[/ame]

I was just able to find the Texas Rangers coming in on or before Jan 2.

I *think* it was the Rangers who brought the bloodhounds on Dec 31, and now I'm trying to confirm that. If anyone comes across that info, I'd appreciate it if you'd holler at me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NancyChancy