TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #41

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems to me that with BD telling CZ that SA was home all day long Monday with HD, that she already knew he was not working.

I don't think that BD said he was home all day. I thought she told Czgtz that SA was home when Hailey left, which is when he says Hailey told him about a sleepover. BD assumed that SA must have come home at lunchtime, since she expected him to have been working all day. BD did not find out until days later that SA no longer had his job, and even then SA continued to lie about being fired/ quitting.

It does boggle my mind how he could flat out lie to her over and over, threaten her life, mooch and steal from her, yet she still wants to believe he isn't a bad guy, but I believe her when she says she doesn't know what happened to Hailey.

There isn't any information about how he spent the money he earned either, the point is that it is presumptious to assume that other people are paying for his living expenses simply because it is their property. You don't know how they share money in the household.

For example, my brother and I pay for much of my mom's living expenses. On paper she has a car, property, medical, cable etc etc., and appears to be paying for it but we are the ones who foot most of the bill. In the old days when my dad was still alive and working, both of them worked. Everthing was in my dads name but my mom was the one that handled all of the money and made most of the decisions in that regard. So you can't tell what is going on in a family situation simply by looking at who owns what.

I understand what you are saying. But I don't think we can compare his situation with you and your brother. You two are generously helping your widowed mother with her living expenses and taking care of yourselves.

Look at this quote from Cz'z first post:

First of all, a little background information. Hailey lives with her mom, Billie, and her 16 year old brother, DD, in the 1800 block of Chestnut St., Colorado City, TX. Billie's boyfriend frequently stays there also. Billie and Hailey's dad, Clint, are divorced. Clint and his girlfriend live nearly directly across the street from Billie.

So from the start, she describes him as a bf who often 'stays' there. That does not describe a bf who gives her his paycheck to help with the bills.

He used her car so she had to get co-workers to drive her in to work.

He had no computer, but used his mom's. I really doubt he was paying for his moms computer.

And he was 25. Why would his cell phone be in mommy's name? I highly doubt he was paying her any money in exchange.

And what about the ATM incident. They were broke, but took as much out of BILLIES account as they could for drugs on Monday night.

MOOCH ALERT.

Do any of the locals know why it was initially believed, at least by some town folk, that Hailey had run off with an older boyfriend? This was posted very early on.

This was Redcat's first post Dec. 31-
(partial post)
It is widely believed Hailey is with an older boyfriend and that they are in hiding for whatever reasons. But foul play has not been ruled out either.

Why was this widely believed?

True. Who was the source of that info?

O/T

:cheesehead::skip::great: Sorry had to get that out!

I am wondering what SA's legal address was as of 12/27/10. If Billie did not accept money from him, as she indicated, did he technically reside with mom or grandma? And if so, shouldn't LE be able to get search warrants for any of their properties? Where did he receive his mail (!) and use the internet, etc...

IF she's declared him as living there, that is.

I have thought that this is why BD has hedged on when SA technically moved in...there is some kind of aid involved. She would no longer qualify for the aid, and could be investigated for fraud. Everything indicates that SA actually moved in 2 years ago, but she is saying 4 months as she can't deny, at this point, that he does live there.

I call it mooching way too much when a 25 year old single man in good health with a job lives rent-free, uses someone else's cell phone, drives other peoples vehicles and has no expenses for utilities. It seems that he got all of his necessities from his girlfriend, mom, or grandma.

SA had a paycheck. He appears not to have spent any of it on living expenses.

those masks are pretty exspensive - i had a look on ebay and they are not cheap just for rubber replica ones. i cant imagine how much a leather mask specially made would cost.

I don't think that BD said he was home all day. I thought she told Czgtz that SA was home when Hailey left, which is when he says Hailey told him about a sleepover. BD assumed that SA must have come home at lunchtime, since she expected him to have been working all day. BD did not find out until days later that SA no longer had his job, and even then SA continued to lie about being fired/ quitting.

It does boggle my mind how he could flat out lie to her over and over, threaten her life, mooch and steal from her, yet she still wants to believe he isn't a bad guy, but I believe her when she says she doesn't know what happened to Hailey.

bolded by me...

I agree....I myself would not trust a guy that so easily lied to me...
It makes me wonder....Why....IF TRUE....that S threatened her life...and would lie to her.....why would B want him....STILL...........????
and MOVE him into her home/family???????
I don't get the feeling....B has been abused.....so WHY??????
all in my own opinion..and my 2 cents

BD did not go to MBs house because she did not know MB's MOM at all on me MB on occasion. I am not sure she new exactly where MB lived and felt very uncomfortable about that so made calls and went to the CCPD, other stops maybe. JMO

I understand what you are saying. But I don't think we can compare his situation with you and your brother. You two are generously helping your widowed mother with her living expenses and taking care of yourselves.

Look at this quote from Cz'z first post:

First of all, a little background information. Hailey lives with her mom, Billie, and her 16 year old brother, DD, in the 1800 block of Chestnut St., Colorado City, TX. Billie's boyfriend frequently stays there also. Billie and Hailey's dad, Clint, are divorced. Clint and his girlfriend live nearly directly across the street from Billie.

So from the start, she describes him as a bf who often 'stays' there. That does not describe a bf who gives her his paycheck to help with the bills.

He used her car so she had to get co-workers to drive her in to work.

He had no computer, but used his mom's. I really doubt he was paying for his moms computer.

And he was 25. Why would his cell phone be in mommy's name? I highly doubt he was paying her any money in exchange.

And what about the ATM incident. They were broke, but took as much out of BILLIES account as they could for drugs on Monday night.

MOOCH ALERT.

That's weird about Shawn frequently staying there, and Clint and Billie being divorced.

Does that mean that Billie lied to people about Shawn having lived there for the past four months? And nobody noticed in those 4 months he was living there?

I don't quite understand that.

And Clint and Billie being divorced. Does that mean that Billie - and Clint I guess too who was right across the street in that small town where people talk - was lying about being divorced, when they actually were separated and not divorced.

I just haven't been able to figure this out.

I don't think we know what DD did on Monday night...do we? Sunday night, Billie said he left about 9pm, we know he came in at 4pm on Monday, but did he stay the night at home? It is one of the mysteries, I believe. He was apparently home on Tuesday at noon, if Billie called the home # and he answered, when she was looking for H.

True. Who was the source of that info?

When NG asked Billie about a boyfriend, Billie talked about a 13 yr old boy Hailey had been friendly with for a few weeks. Nothing about anyone older.

See, this is the kind of stuff that's confusing and concerning to me. I'm not sure Billie is the source of all the misinformation. I just can't figure it out.

When NG asked Billie about a boyfriend, Billie talked about a 13 yr old boy Hailey had been friendly with for a few weeks. Nothing about anyone older.

See, this is the kind of stuff that's confusing and concerning to me. I'm not sure Billie is the source of all the misinformation. I just can't figure it out.

I am very curious as to the alleged belief that Hailey had an older boyfriend and had left with him, which is evidently what Redcat had heard in the first few days...she indicated it was the widespread belief at the time...if so, that would have colored LE's reaction too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine