TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #50

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds like is is along Highway 87 but not too sure. That would be the most direct route from Lubbock to Lamesa wouldnt it? Maybe about 6 miles north of O'Donnell? That is my best guess. IMO

maybe i need to take a little drive 2morrow and check it out myself

Well that was an interesting article....wonder if they don't proof read those first..........nah guess not.

Did I read she had a dog that bit someone? Wonder if that is who she is gonna say it is?

My step father was a pastor....his whole family are "Christians".....
he never once threatned to kill me....
but he did use things like "it would DESTROY mom if she ever found out"....or "if this got out, then other things will come out and so many lives will be destroyed" etc.....
I mostly tried to protect my mom for all the years i was abused. I just couldn't imagine her knowing that her husband who she thought we were all such a close happy family would ever do things like that.
I regret it to this day.
Cuz now that i'm an adult and i finally told.....she doesn't feel like she's in the position where she has to "protect" me anymore.
We haven't seen each other in two years and he is actually living w/ her while we're going through the court trial. They say he'll live there till he goes to jail. Cuz they're pretty sure that's where he's going soon since he's already admitted the abuse.
My mom feels like he is a changed person. A "broken man" is what she calls him. :(
So after all those years of protecting my mom, it wasn't even worth it in the end.
I lost her anyway and she barely "grieved" over what happened.
So no....to answer your question....my life was never threatned, but he was very manipulative in other ways. And he would use our "father/daughter" relationship and loyalty thing that was there between us as a way for me not to tell.
In other words, he wasn't always a monster. He could be a great "dad" when the abuse wasn't going on. :( Which i tried to ignore so badly.
I don't know if all that makes sense.
Obviously my head was messed up. I was only 11 when it started.
My mother in law on the other hand was abused by her bio dad and he was a monster every day of her life and would beat her up and threaten to kill her and her family constantly. :(
So i guess it goes both ways. :( :(
But to me, Hailey's eyes look like an abused child. (sexually or mentally, i'm not sure)......:(

I am very, very sorry for what you went through, and I sincerely hope you are able to cope with the aftermath. Your story is so much like so many other girls, this is what happens in many homes and it is horrifying!

I take it that you didn't try to tell your mother about the abuse because you wanted to protect her? But even if you had, she might have been one of those who didn't believe it, or was too scared to do anything about it. This happens a lot, and I've been told that many moms are in complete denial, and refuse to accept the truth. Some mothers say they have nowhere else to go, or they're afraid of their spouse, that he might kill them or the child.

Nearly all abusers will try to make the child feel guilty, that it's their fault, and either threaten them or the rest of the family if they tell the truth. Don't ever think you did anything wrong! You were a child, you had your reasons for not telling someone. So many girls never report it, so you are not alone. But your mother was the adult, she should have been protecting you!

Again, I am so sorry for what happened. May God bless your life and help you to heal!!

Did the paper make a mistake when quoting BD in this article or is she really calling herself by her first name?

I am not helping or solving anything here in my bed posting.
Wish I could and I want to hear more from BD's friend who posts here and I want to know what time the press conference is going to be.

QUOTE:

"There is somebody else and this is somebody that I'm not just pointing the finger at. Investigators actually told me about him," said Dunn. She added, "He's a person the whole family knows well. We hadn't seen him in a while and then he did make the threats towards me and Hailey only. He felt like we had wronged him."

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=336676

How did or how would BD and Hailey "wrong" a man? What could they have done - or this guy THOUGHT they did?

So strange. And, they didn't tell us what time tomorrow this press conference is scheduled for - anyone else know?

This has not been discussed by LE, just BD and her stories do seem to change like the West Texas winds.... She has shared the name of the person with at least one of her friends but refuses to share the name with the public.

If this person does exist, it's very concerning and one should question why the mother continued to expose her children to people such as SA and this mystery man.

I guess this has already been posted,but she says it's tomorrow for press conference to discuss a person she thinks should be a person of interest.So like this is the reason to do a press conference???

I thought CZ was helping her with a statement to make things much clearer..to fill in the blanks as Billie knows them...guess that all changed Again she is trying to steer the investigation away from her and SA
:banghead:

maybe i need to take a little drive 2morrow and check it out myself

Maybe roughly between FM 3332 to FM 213 on 87. This is about 22 miles north of Lamesa and there are more trees in this area.
She stated passenger side so it would be on the west side of the road if she saw it on her way to Midland. JMO

Did the paper make a mistake when quoting BD in this article or is she really calling herself by her first name?

:waitasec:I found that odd too....guess she was saying that someone told LE that "Hailey was threatened. Billie was threatened".?!?

I was never threatened... I was pretty young though, i just knew something about what was going on was NOT ok but because i enjoyed the attention I thought I'd be in trouble.

bless your heart, so sad

:waitasec:I found that odd too....guess she was saying that someone told LE that "Hailey was threatened. Billie was threatened".?!?

Thanks, I see what you mean. I had to read it several times because I thought maybe they were quoting someone else lol.

Thank you for sharing that. I have two friends who experienced much the same. From your perspective, what observations can you make about this theory:

The three hinkiest moments for me were when SA talked about the love they have between them, and then again when he talked about how much Hailey loved her family and how much they meant to her, and when he told LE Hailey was promiscuous. I know my sensitivities are somewhat altered from having run an emergency shelter for teenage girls years ago, but sexual undertones raise my hackles bigtime and I've a good bit of experience spotting it.

This theory has SA messing with Hailey, in the earliest stage without vigorous objection from Hailey. Soon, Hailey DOES object, wants to be let alone. This could be because she became generally repulsed, OR it could be because she was torn internally, betraying her mom and 'liking' SA's attention but thinking he's a rat to do that to her mom. Turned on by the 'hunt', SA pursues whenever mom has her head turned, playing both mom and Hailey. Hailey cannot tolerate the situation and begins to stay elsewhere as much as she can. Mom cannot face, "see", or admit this is going on. Trust me, THIS IS VERY COMMON IN SUCH CASES. Mom may have become resentful towards Hailey or even blatantly jealous. When Hailey finally tells mom she wants to legally change her custody and residence to dad (not saying this happened, just a theory), mom loses it, for various reasons. We have heard they fought over this just recently. It is puzzling that Hailey would spend the night there if they had just been fighting. However, if she stayed up way late into the night (out of school) playing video games, I can see this happening.

Peeples, do you perceive any hinkiness in the manner in which SA talks about Hailey and their "love"? Am I the only person who reacted with raised hackles to his comments and demeanor? I may well be warped by my own experiences. I tend to see sexual predators and sociopaths everywhere, hah!

Having been sexually abused by my stepfather starting at the age of 11 till i was at least 17....i agree w/ you.
Something makes me feel "icky" about their whole family setup. I don't know if that's the right word. But again, seeing that pic of the three of them on the couch reminds me of i was in family pics. I did not want to be there and i wasn't happy. Sad eyes. Scared eyes. Something about it doesn't feel right. :(

Just thinking about SA at work Monday morning. That seems to have been a mistake of some sort. I wonder if he hadn't meant to be seen. He stupidly goes in to get a drink (dry mouth---drugs? nervousness?) and OOPS...there's the boss. Not having planned for that, he turns around and walks out. He didn't have a story ready to account for being there and then leaving.

This doesn't sit right with me. If SA was so into crime stories then the most obvious thing to do would be to make sure you have an alibi. Showing up at work for 10 minutes and then leaving for no apparent reason is one of the worst cover ups possible. What was he thinking: "maybe I'll grab a Dr Pepper and head back home and kill my step daughter and hide her body"???

IMO I believe BD had nothing to do with HDs disappearance and I am leaning towards SA having nothing to do with it either.

I also wonder if an issue with HD was that both her parents are in relationships and often a child will feel left out. I can see that as a reason not to spend alot of time at home. However if she supposedly slept over MBs often but yet MBs mother says she didnt then where was she staying? Did MB say she never slept over or did that info just come from her mother? Something off about that too. IMO

Regarding the argument/blow up at Christmas....do we know for sure what this was about? Is it possible CD didn't want HD to move in full time? Since he was across the street and saw her often maybe it was bad timing with the new baby for HD to stay full time. Just a thought....

At least we have confirmation that it was LE who told her about this person, and she didn't make it up.

The first paragraph or two does say the PC is to clear up the timeline and some of the inconsistencies. Then the reporter chooses to expound on the mystery man. So I can't blame Billie entirely for that.

Billie didn't name him a POI, she gave her opinion that he should be. Can't we at least not put words in her mouth?

Where's the confirmation? The article does not quote any LE sources, it only quotes BD. BD's stories and statements change on a daily basis. Until LE confirms this mystery man exists, I have to believe this is just another BDism...

My step father was a pastor....his whole family are "Christians".....
he never once threatned to kill me....
but he did use things like "it would DESTROY mom if she ever found out"....or "if this got out, then other things will come out and so many lives will be destroyed" etc.....
I mostly tried to protect my mom for all the years i was abused. I just couldn't imagine her knowing that her husband who she thought we were all such a close happy family would ever do things like that.
I regret it to this day.
Cuz now that i'm an adult and i finally told.....she doesn't feel like she's in the position where she has to "protect" me anymore.
We haven't seen each other in two years and he is actually living w/ her while we're going through the court trial. They say he'll live there till he goes to jail. Cuz they're pretty sure that's where he's going soon since he's already admitted the abuse.
My mom feels like he is a changed person. A "broken man" is what she calls him. :(
So after all those years of protecting my mom, it wasn't even worth it in the end.
I lost her anyway and she barely "grieved" over what happened.
So no....to answer your question....my life was never threatned, but he was very manipulative in other ways. And he would use our "father/daughter" relationship and loyalty thing that was there between us as a way for me not to tell.
In other words, he wasn't always a monster. He could be a great "dad" when the abuse wasn't going on. :( Which i tried to ignore so badly.
I don't know if all that makes sense.
Obviously my head was messed up. I was only 11 when it started.
My mother in law on the other hand was abused by her bio dad and he was a monster every day of her life and would beat her up and threaten to kill her and her family constantly. :(
So i guess it goes both ways. :( :(
But to me, Hailey's eyes look like an abused child. (sexually or mentally, i'm not sure)......:(

You make perfect sense. What was done to you makes no sense at all.
I am so sorry, Soyesterday. :hug::blowkiss:

I thought CZ was helping her with a statement to make things much clearer..to fill in the blanks as Billie knows them...guess that all changed Again she is trying to steer the investigation away from her and SA

sounds like a Cindy A trick

CZ posted on here last night that she had the actual statement in hand and was typing it out for BD.

If I got into trouble,my mother figured I was the ringleader of it,so she didn't blame the other kids.:floorlaugh:

picture.php

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member