TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #52

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if SA did have his masks and such in thier room,can you imagine LE going in there finding those things,a box of all those horrible printouts and horror movies.I think I would have been afraid to go in there,I don't like scary stuff. :rocker:

so let me see if I got this.... Hailey smashed the glass on the front door with a basketball? and that is where DD reached in to unlock the door?

this week...

IMG_0300_edited-1.jpg

From 1/6/11 note the purple tape on the glass on the door.

IMG_0568_edited-2.jpg

from today

so let me see if I got this.... Hailey smashed the glass on the front door with a basketball? and that is where DD reached in to unlock the door?

Too weird. Who leaves a window broken on a door in winter. How long was it broken for?
The house wasn't very secure.

I have a pic of the house from 1/6/10 and one from today I am trying to figure out how to post....
We are looking for a clear one from the 29th, the day Hd was reported missing or even the 30th would do.
Do you remember seeing the broken window to the left of the from door?

The door was locked. He knocked for several minutes before reaching in through - the glass had been broken out - Hailey broke it with a basketball. He reached in through there and unlocked the door.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TX TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 #52
snipped from Belimom's excellent transcription

Some one please tell me how any one could reach the lock to the door from one of those windows?

I swear I've seen a window in the door.

So it's the window with the wood on it,to the right of the door on the porch?No way that child reached in that window.What the heck?

I wonder if there's a basketball hoop attached to the house somewhere, or if she tossed the ball up on the roof and let it roll down?

thinking out loud....

on the first photo that redcat just posted, does it look like cardboard instead of a window in the door to anyone else?

I don't recall that Billie said where the window was. All she said was that Hailey broke a window with a basketball...not where it was. IMO

Too weird. Who leaves a window broken on a door in winter. How long was it broken for?
The house wasn't very secure.
I assume she was referring to the window that was broken left of the door off the porch .

What I heard in the PC video – Verbatim – MOO since I tried really hard (took me 4 hours) but no guarantee that every single word is accurate, but it’s close… Please feel free to fill in the blanks...

(I missed the first couple of words) Read this because I don’t want to forget anything umm I want to give a complete, very detailed umm statement of everything that went on the day before, the day Hailey disappeared and the day after. Just everything I could remember. Umm I want to thank everyone for coming this afternoon and giving me an opportunity to make a statement. First I want to speak directly to Hailey, In case she’s listening, Umm wherever you are Hailey, I’m looking for you and (not heard) people are looking for you and we all want you home safe umm I just want to see and touch your beautiful face, umm I really love you, I desperately need you home and umm there’s not a minute goes by I’m not praying for you or crying wishing you were in my living room. Umm I can’t handle not knowing where you are or if you’re safe. You’re the most beautiful girl I’ve ever laid my eyes on and I’m very proud that God chose me to be your mother.
Next I want to say. If someone out there has Hailey, please let her go, just turn her loose, drop her off at a church, a school, police station, anywhere that she can get to a phone and call police or call her family. Even if umm, anyone has any information on Hailey’s whereabouts, where she might be please call the police even if they think the information is not relevant or too small to worry about, or that’s its already been reported please call again anyway. Any information you might have may tie something together or make something click for investigators.
Umm someone out there knows where Hailey is or knows something that can help find her.
I feel like I need to go over the days surrounding Hailey’s disappearance again for several reasons, many people who are not close to the case seem to be confused because there are so many conflicting accounts of what actually happened. After watching many of the interviews I’m beginning to see why myself. Umm, I have yet to see an entire interview, aired or printed without cut or pasted, edited for time or space and often I’m not quoted in correct context. My words are sometimes picked apart and twisted around in such a way that I don’t even recognize them. I’ve been flat out called a liar by some people others speculate on my possible involvement in Hailey’s disappearance or wonder if I’m covering up for somebody. Some people accuse me of withholding information and not cooperating with law enforcement. These things are not true but I now feel that I have to defend myself from ridiculous accusations, slander or defamation of character. That said I want to start out by saying that there was no blowout on Christmas or no arguments or disagreements everyone was getting along fine and everyone pretty much got exactly what they asked for.
On Sunday December 26th Hailey returned home around noon after spending the night with Clint, I cooked a small Christmas dinner for the four of us. We ate around two. After dinner we all just relaxed and hung out. It was just a nice, quiet, enjoyable, lazy day. Umm, later in that evening around eight or nine David left to spend the night with a friend. That’s where some of the inconsistencies with family comes along. David says he left at nine o’clock at night, I was saying he left at six or seven, that’s the inconsistencies.
Umm, Shawn and I were watching TV in our bedroom. Hailey was playing the Xbox game in David’s bedroom, Around ten O’clock I saw that Hailey was in her room watching TV I told her goodnight and I went to bed.
On Monday December 27th Shawn left the house at five thirty, my alarm was going off around the time he was telling me bye. Umm I got up and got ready for work, I usually leave the house by six twenty. When my ride didn’t show up I called her to see what was keeping her, umm peeked in at Hailey because I’m used to seeing her asleep on the couch, she wasn’t there I remembered oh yeah, she’s in her room. I peeked in and it was dark but her TV was on and it definitely pacified me, I didn’t touch her but I seen my daughter and felt good. Came in the living room to wait on my ride.
Umm, I left the house around six thirty and got to work about seven. Shawn called me while I was at work that afternoon, I asked him about the kids he told me that David wasn’t home yet and that Hailey had left to go to Clint’s and then was going to a friends to spend the night. Normally I work seven to seven but I left work early that Monday, we had a staff meeting and the person that was usually there to relieve me was at the meeting and offered to cover the rest of my shift since she was already there. I called Shawn to make sure he would be there to pick me up. We left the hospital about six fifteen. We stopped by the ATM, close to the hospital to get some money out because I was running short on cash then we went by my mom’s house to check on her, see if she needed anything. Umm Shawn and I still got back to Colorado City about seven thirty that evening and we were probably in bed by nine. Umm David came in to say goodnight soon after. I was kind of upset that Hailey Hadn’t called me and confirmed that Shawn did let me know she was staying the night with her friend but I wasn’t worried about her, Umm I went to bed.
Tuesday morning on the 28th, Shawn and I both got up around five thirty. We left the house together around six twenty to go to work. It’s not unusual for Shawn to take me to work, he always has to be there by seven. Sometimes he had to go in earlier but he was always told the night before and I would arrange to get another ride on those days. He dropped me off at the hospital at seven, around noon I called David on my cell phone that I had left at home. He told me Hailey wasn’t home yet so I asked him to text her friend umm, see if Hailey was there and tell her to go ahead and come home. He called me back within a few minutes to say that Hailey hadn’t been there and hadn’t stayed the night there. I Then told him to walk over to Clint’s to check with him, Clint’s phone was broke, so he walked over there and called me back. Told me that Naomi said Hailey had been over there for a minute on Monday but didn’t stay the night. I told David to give the phone to Clint and after telling Clint how worried I was I told him I was going to get a ride home and report Hailey missing to police. I asked him to call the PD and let em know that I was coming. He agreed to make the call but for some reason he never did. My sister in law gave me a ride home from Snyder to Colorado City, I stopped at the house first to make sure Hailey hadn’t come back home. Grabbed my cell phone started texting Hailey’s friends while my sister in law took me around to a couple of their houses before going to the police station. I got home from the police station around three. Shawn called me on my cell and talked to David who told him I was going told him all what was going on. So Shawn left and got to the house around four o’clock with me and David. Officer Alexander arrived shortly after to take a more detailed report from me. Umm, I just told you everything I know firsthand the rest I learned later either from David or Shawn, I’m gonna touch briefly on that.
Monday morning Shawn quit his job, he didn’t tell me about this until Wednesday the 29th. I knew that Shawn had been thinking about quitting but he knew I’d be mad if he did. He told me that he went into work Monday turning in his cover alls and to clean out his locker then he went to his grandmother’s house in Dunn umm, but they didn’t answer the door. So he came down the I20 didn’t come into c-city just to I20 and then went to Big Spring umm he got to Big Spring before eight o’clock and he knows that because his mother wouldn’t hadn’t left for work yet. He stayed there until just after two when he left to come to Colorado City Shawn said that around two he left to come to Colorado City Shawn said that he didn’t get home until around or a little after three, Hailey left just about fifteen minutes after he got there.
David told me that he and a friend came home Monday sometime between four and five, the door was locked he knocked for several minutes before reaching in through, the glass had been broken out, Hailey broke it with a Basketball he reached in through there and unlocked the door when David and his friend walked in the house Shawn was coming from my bedroom where he had been watching TV. They all said Hi, what’s up to each other then David and Shawn returned to my bedroom sorry and David and his friend went to David’s room. Shawn remained home until he left to come pick me up from work. One other thing I want to mention is that it’s been reported that we hosted a New Years Eve party at our house, this is an absurdity beyond belief members of my family were at my house to be with me in this time of distress and to worry about Hailey.
While I sincerely appreciate the time and effort of law enforcement agents the law enforcement agents (not sure what she says here) to investigate Hailey’s disappearance I do not understand why they seem to have disregarded all of the witnesses who have come forward to say they have saw Hailey. On Monday December 27th two of my neighbors came forward to say that they saw Hailey in my back yard around noon. Another Neighbor said he saw Hailey and a small dark boy probably Naomi’s Son two times between ten thirty and noon. A woman who knows Hailey and the friend she was supposed to spend the night with saw them both walking together in front of (?) around eight thirty pm. This woman was returning a movie to the red box and passed by them. She still had a receipt and brought it by and showed it to me the other day with the date of the 27th and a time of eight thirty six.
I also don’t understand law enforcements reluctance to publicly name any other persons of interest. If for whatever reason they are unable to locate someone to question them then why not take advantage of the media to get their name and description out and let the public find them. Investigators keep telling me about numerous other people that they are interested in questioning but there is no sense of urgency to actually get it done, it has been over a month since Hailey has disappeared, knowing that someone might have information about Hailey but law enforcement have still not gotten around to questioning them is disturbing me. While I’m not trying to deflect suspicion away from anyone, I do absolutely want every single person who may have information about Hailey or her whereabouts checked out. In my mind not to have already done this is negligence. It’s been over a month and we seem no closer to knowing where Hailey is then we did in the beginning. She needs to be found and come home to be surrounded by everyone who loves her.
I will take this opportunity to thank my family and friends who continue to stand by and support me unconditionally and are always there for me. I want to thank Mark Klass and Brad Dennis who are both great guys that are willing to do whatever it takes to find Hailey for continuing to stay in contact with me and offer their help. Thank you to the Laura recovery center who came down and organized searches and brang volunteers. Thank you to all the people who have searched for Hailey, to everyone who’s praying for Hailey’s safe return and everyone who’s brought me everything from cooked meals to groceries to find Hailey T-shirts and hand made cards. Thank you to Dina with the Somer Thomson foundation, who ordered me a grant. Thanks to the media who are keeping Hailey’s picture on TV and in the newspapers so that she is in the front of everyone’s mind.
Although I have not and will not ask for money I greatly appreciate those who have found it in their hearts to want to help me. What I want most are your prayers for Hailey’s safe return. There are some people who are going around demanding or begging for money, I’m disgusted at these individuals who never held down jobs are exploiting Hailey to get a hand out, I’ve always worked and supported my kids by myself and I will return to work as soon as I’m able. (coughs)Sorry, I do not want a hand out and if anyone asks for money on my behalf, please know that the request isn’t coming from me and I’m not getting it.
I do hope this will lay to rest the confusion and speculation surrounding Hailey’s disappearance on my part anyway. I do not want to have to defend myself or anyone else, I only want to concentrate on Hailey and everything that can be done to bring her back home. I will continue to hold onto the hope that Hailey is alive and that she’ll be home soon. I ask that everyone out there also hold onto the hope that she is alive. Please continue to look for Hailey when you’re in a store or you’re driving down the street. Wherever you go, whatever you do please don’t give up hope that my daughter Hailey is alive and out there somewhere.
Thank you to everybody that came out and everybody that can get all of that aired or piped (hyped, not sure) up. I just really appreciate all of you guys coming out and giving me the opportunity to clear all of that up.

Questions: What is your relationship like with Shawn Adkins?
Answer: umm, we’re friendly, we talk on the phone but I’m not going to take any questions because I don’t want my statement cut into, I’ll do interviews again tomorrow, everyday, all day, ok, thank you

Sorry the pics are so large...the 6th is the first pic I took of the house, and I drive down the street everyday because my mom lives in the nursing home just up from Billie's house. Looks like the purple duct tape is patching the broken glass in the door on 1/6/11. Today at the press conference she motioned to the door when she said DD reached through the glass.

The overall thing is still freaky,I wonder if LE checked to see if it was at his work.

I'm thinking he can't account for it because he got rid of it and that's why he's saying he left it at "werk". Now he can claim his work must have thrown it away or something. Maybe he did go to work to do just that.

So the day that Hailey was reported missing, and Billie returned home from the police station around 3:00, no one had informed Shawn, yet that Hailey was missing.
As far as Shawn was concerned, Billie was still at work, correct?
Why on earth did Billie say that Shawn called her on her cell phone, around 3:00, and DD took the call and informed him what what was going on.
Why would Shawn not call her at work, as far as he knew that is where she was supposed to be, he knew she left the cell phone there for the kids.

Thank you for the pic,Redcat,it's cool to have a local there.It looks like it's the one with wood or something covering it on the porch.

on the first photo that redcat just posted, does it look like cardboard instead of a window in the door to anyone else?

Now that you mention it, it does. I thought it was just the angle of the pic, I am blowing it up on my computer...

:eek:fftopic:

can anyone tell me why my view keeps switching from regular view to widescreen?

we now return you to your regularly scheduled programming...

So the day that Hailey was reported missing, and Billie returned home from the police station around 3:00, no one had informed Shawn, yet that Hailey was missing.
As far as Shawn was concerned, Billie was still at work, correct?
Why on earth did Billie say that Shawn called her on her cell phone, around 3:00, and DD took the call and informed him what what was going on.
Why would Shawn not call her at work, as far as he knew that is where she was supposed to be, he knew she left the cell phone there for the kids.

Ding, Ding Ding! Somebody give Jo in Calif a prize! NICE CATCH!!!

I'm thinking he can't account for it because he got rid of it and that's why he's saying he left it at "werk". Now he can claim his work must have thrown it away or something. Maybe he did go to work to do just that.

could SA have "dressed up" with the intent to scare Hailey? and then freaked out when his "hobby" was ridiculed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste