TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not see why MB's mom would lie as to whether she even knows Billie or not; surely Billie could clarify. And do we know that Hailey ever said she was sleeping at MB's on other occassions or was this the first time at that house?

I agree....and we also need to remember that we have only the word of SA that she ever planned to go there! We certainly should not condemn a family that may only be involved at all because it was the only friend's name that someone could remember when they made up their story.

JMO

I think sometimes parents become complacent. When my daughter told me she was spending the night with a friend that she has spent the night with a ton of times. I asked questions, she knew the right answers to tell me. She is 17, never lied to me, I trusted her so I didn't call the parents. I know now that I will always call the parents. Unfortunately, for BD and CD they may not get a do over.

But the other child's mom is saying Hailey never stayed before that is what has me asking questions, but you're right I'd be a lot more complacent if this was an every weekend thing the girls were staying at one anothers homes.

Do we even know if the witness had the right day? Didn't they say she was always talking on the phone in the backyard? LE must know by now, but they sure are not saying.

I'm thinking the same thing cluciano63. What if the witness is confused as to which day Hailey was outside using her phone? I'm sure LE will confirm this with cell pings and records.

If Secret Service is involved, doesn't this have to do with human trafficking?

The Secret Service is likely involved due to their partnership w/ NCMEC - and because there is a Bill that gave them authorization to assist.

As part of the 1994 Crime Bill, Congress mandated the U.S. Secret Service to provide forensic/technical assistance in matters involving missing and exploited children. The Secret Service offers this assistance to federal, state and local law enforcement agencies and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. On April 30, 2003, President George W. Bush signed the PROTECT Act of 2003, known as the "Amber Alert Bill", which gave full authorization to the U.S. Secret Service in this area.

The Secret Service has supported the NCMEC and local law enforcement agencies with its expertise in forensic photography, graphic arts, video production, audio/image enhancement, voice identification, computerized 3D models and video and audio tape duplication services.

http://www.secretservice.gov/partner_ncmec.shtml

About the United States Secret Service
The United States Secret Service is a federal law enforcement agency mandated by statute and executive order to carry out two significant missions: protection and criminal investigations. The Secret Service’s commitment to NCMEC builds upon a 12-year relationship in which the Secret Service continues to provide forensic, technical and investigative assistance in support of any investigation involving missing or exploited children. The Secret Service’s Operation Safe Kids initiative, promotes the safety of children by providing parents with a document containing biographical data, a current photograph and digitized, inkless fingerprints of their children. The agency also provides child safety briefings, bringing safety awareness to both children and parents.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/NewsEventServlet?LanguageCountry=en_US&PageId=2400

I was reading in the other thread. There was an article posted about the boyfriend taking three polys. Not sure if that is accurate after all the mistakes in the media.

Thinking out loud. I don't see why it isn't possible that are trying to get Mom to turn on the BF if they have an inside track on and have been honing on him. Somewhat of a Kyron style situation?

If I came home and was told my 13-yr. old daughter was spending the night at a friend's house that she'd never stayed at before, I would have checked in with her several times during that stay.

This is very worrisome info to me.

I don't think your average mother is going to call and check on a 13 year old several times during a sleep over. My daughter has had TONS and TONS of sleep overs and usually with many girls from the sports she is involved in ... and it's a rare case (if ever) that a mom even meets me let alone calls my house at all to check on their child.

I don't typically meet parents when she goes either (though I know most of the ones she goes to) but she does have a cell and stays in contact with me the entire time sending me silly texts and pictures of the girls doing their hair, or the latest scoop about a cute boy she likes, etc.

MB's mother may have never met Billie before, but she may have met Clint. Hailey seemed to spend just as much time at her dad's house. I could see Billie leaving a lot of parenting decisions up to Clint since she works such long hours. It is possible that she figured Clint knew these people.

Just throwing that out there. I want to give Billie the benefit of the doubt on this one. I text my kids frequently when they are not home, and I do know the parents of the friends they stay over with. I am also raising mine without their father in the picture for the most part, it seems to me that Billie and Clint have a good co-parenting situation.

I have a coupe of questions, might have been addressed at some point and I missed the answers...

Was there only 1 neighbor that witnessed H on the phone in the backyard around noon?

Has it been discovered who she was talking to at the time, and have they been questioned?

I apologize if these have been covered, I have been out of town for a couple of days and am playing catch up.

I don't believe that for minute. Nor do I think the Texas Rangers do. I believe what we have here is a small Texas town who is caught in the headlights.. And all the liars need to come clean.

I say LE needs to lock the entire family and close friends up for the night--wrangle up a few Texas Rangers & local sheriffs and start over with fresh paper and fresh questions.

yes they do! that is why people try to take them!
((ie before scheduled tests like sex offender/addicts have to pay for in treatment and sometimes court ordered treatment))

So if this is true, then I am even more concerned why so many failed.

I agree....and we also need to remember that we have only the word of SA that she ever planned to go there! We certainly should not condemn a family that may only be involved at all because it was the only friend's name that someone could remember when they made up their story.

JMO

I was just thinking the same exact thought! If the BF is implicated, he could have made up the name of the friend. Of course, nobody would know this except for him? Or am I missing something?

The Secret Service is likely involved due to their partnership w/ NCMEC - and because there is a Bill that gave them authorization to assist.

As part of the 1994 Crime Bill, Congress mandated the U.S. Secret Service to provide forensic/technical assistance in matters involving missing and exploited children. The Secret Service offers this assistance to federal, state and local law enforcement agencies and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. On April 30, 2003, President George W. Bush signed the PROTECT Act of 2003, known as the "Amber Alert Bill", which gave full authorization to the U.S. Secret Service in this area.

The Secret Service has supported the NCMEC and local law enforcement agencies with its expertise in forensic photography, graphic arts, video production, audio/image enhancement, voice identification, computerized 3D models and video and audio tape duplication services.

http://www.secretservice.gov/partner_ncmec.shtml

About the United States Secret Service
The United States Secret Service is a federal law enforcement agency mandated by statute and executive order to carry out two significant missions: protection and criminal investigations. The Secret Service’s commitment to NCMEC builds upon a 12-year relationship in which the Secret Service continues to provide forensic, technical and investigative assistance in support of any investigation involving missing or exploited children. The Secret Service’s Operation Safe Kids initiative, promotes the safety of children by providing parents with a document containing biographical data, a current photograph and digitized, inkless fingerprints of their children. The agency also provides child safety briefings, bringing safety awareness to both children and parents.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/NewsEventServlet?LanguageCountry=en_US&PageId=2400

just a thought

maybe there is someone around there that is under a protection program?

Are yawl gonna make fun of me when you know that when I first heard the "Texas Rangers" were helping in the search I thought it was the baseball team? *hides in shame*

lolololol :floorlaugh::crazy::floorlaugh:
snort and laugh, I needed that gibby. YOU are too cute.

Say what? I was under the impression that HA and MB had slept over many times back and forth. Maybe I was assuming that?

So the question is..where did she go when she would leave a note saying that? LE has to back track.

You have a very good point, Amster. I take Billie as a frustrated mom (admittedly the Amber Alert system is failed) but I don't read into Texas being anymore F'd up than elsewhere. LOL Every state has their issues... (Except maybe Florida. I dunno about that place... lol)

I don't think this is about Texas Rangers ( imo are the best) this about LE in Colorado City.
Thanks Goodness the Texas Rangers and the F.B.I are there now.

I glad that Billie didn't back down from NG show ...Imo Billie did everything she was suppose to and more. My prayers goes out to her and Clint.

I don't think for one minute she has anything to do with Hailey disappearance.

It took a lot guts to go on national Show and say.. yea! LE said I fail....good for her my prayers are with her. She not holding anything back and she knows she could be bash pretty bad. My heart aches for her. IMO and All

I have very little faith in Colorado LE.

Very surprise that they would tell any of them the results:furious: That was not very professional at all. Sorry locals but coming voting time you might want to think long and hard who you put in office.

MOO? and JMO? I think Billie working long hours as a single mom was somewhat relying on others to help raise her children... a village kind of thing. Not judging, just stating. I dunno why she didn't call to check up, but I know people in my own life who do the same thing....

I used to be home sometimes 6 to 7 hours a day with 2 jobs and school. I wouldn't have been able to do it if my kids hadn't taken care of me. They cooked, cleaned, did the laundry, and even ironed for me. I've got the best kids in the world. IMHO

But the other child's mom is saying Hailey never stayed before that is what has me asking questions, but you're right I'd be a lot more complacent if this was an every weekend thing the girls were staying at one anothers homes.

I'm sorry I should have said I became complacent because I don't know about Hailey's Mom. I have always been overprotective, in their business, and yet I made a mistake that night. Thank God I got my child back. I have a hard time judging what someone else does because even though I think I might make a different choice....who knows what mistake I might make. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jayrider129