TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I kinda wonder about the mystery man who took the poly also. I wonder who it is.
I kinda find it odd that the neighbor knew that Hailey is outside on the phone all the time. Why the need to go outside on the phone. I normally only do that to really talk in private when my kids are around.

snipped for space

Hi. It could be because the signal is weak inside. We nearly always have to step outside to use our cell phones, it's almost impossible to get a signal inside our house. Just thought I would throw out that possibility.
Also, teens love having privacy no matter who they're talking to.

If you have an Iphone, you are required by ATT to have internet service on it; I pay $15/month for the internet service. With the Iphone, you can access internet anywhere you get phone signal, and also connect to wireless signals. With the Ipod, you can only access the internet through wireless signals.

I am not savvy on phones. Are I phones like a blackberry?
I must read about them.
I can get internet on my phone but costs extra money each month.
IIRC I pay $60. a month for that extra service on my netbook from Verizon.
That's allot for a child.

Passion, I think that it was discussed a couple of threads ago that you can access the internet on the iPod Touch without paying extra, as long as you have an internet connection somehow. The 3G (or 4G?) service is available on some models, much like your netbook, and, yes, that would cost more money.

I don't have one so I'm going off of Apple's website and what others here have said. HTH...

CD said last night on NG that the car is parked in back of BD house and he cannot see it.
I take it that there is a back door.
Was SA driving BD car that day?
Could he and Hailey left together without problems without anyone seeing them?

I keep worrying about Hailey's 16-year-old brother and if he is eating properly and is he trying to go to school? That would be so bad for him to have to do. Hopefully family is taking good care of him. Sometimes when something happens like this and there is another sibling, the parents are too distraught to even think about taking care of them like they usually do. Oh it is times like this when you wish you lived close to the family and could offer assistance. Guess for now, we have prayers to send up for them.

At camp, I have trouble getting a connection,
because of the trees and lake.
Even though there are many towers around me.
I have to go outside so calls do not drop.
Maybe Hailey had to do that also.

can any locals go for a drive with their smart phones or laptops and see if there is any unsecured networks I'm doubting the motel is, but our fast food places offer it, and i have several neighbors who don't secure theirs.
not sure about the fast food places we only have sonic, dairy queen and subway as fast food.

Depends on who you are talking to and how proud you are of your Texas accent! I tend to let my roots show with more of a natural Texas accent when speaking with others who have the drawl. I think most in C-City would say "Colo-RAY-doh".

My hubby lived in Colorado, the state... he pronounces it Col-o-RAD-o, not the long 'a'.... while I and most Texans pronounce it Col-o-RAH-do. I once told him that only the people who actually live in the state pronounce it the way he does, everybody else uses the 'rah' sound.

I have no idea how the folks from C-City pronounce it, though.

My hubby lived in Colorado, the state... he pronounces it Col-o-RAD-o, not the long 'a'.... while I and most Texans pronounce it Col-o-RAH-do. I once told him that only the people who actually live in the state pronounce it the way he does, everybody else uses the 'rah' sound.

Locals pronounce it Col-o-RAY-do City.

Seems to be that some of the TV news anchors (that are local) are saying it with the "long A". I personally love to hear that pronounciatio for some reason. Guess because I am from the south, myself.

Passion, I think that it was discussed a couple of threads ago that you can access the internet on the iPod Touch without paying extra, as long as you have an internet connection somehow. The 3G (or 4G?) service is available on some models, much like your netbook, and, yes, that would cost more money.

I don't have one so I'm going off of Apple's website and what others here have said. HTH...
i have tmobile and i cannot get 3g in this area. dont know about any other carriers except for verizon that does for sure.

HLN (Robin's morning express show)
just stated that Billie being told that SA failed his test,
caused her emotional stress that affected her poly.
Billie said she just 'lost it'...........yep, who wouldn't???
Why would 'professionals' tell anyone that was next in line such news knowing it could effect the test???

<snip>

During a press conference at 4:30 p.m. on Thursday afternoon, Kampfer confirmed that Adkins was at the Dunn residence earlier in the day. When asked by an out-of-town news station if the Texas Rangers know where Adkins is, Kampfer stated that he isn't sure what the Texas Rangers may or may not know.

more here

http://www.ccitynews.net/news/story/2011/01/rumors-missing-boyfriend-unfounded

===========================================

Police follow new lead, reward increased to $15,000

<snip>

Last Friday, the Texas Department of Criminal Justice Wallace/Ware units searched the northwest portion of town, near the girl's home with three bloodhounds, according to Warden Matt Kennolly.

A later search was conducted at the Snyder landfill.

more here

http://www.ccitynews.net/news/story/2011/01/police-follow-new-lead-reward-increased

HLN (Robin's morning express show)
just stated that Billie being told that SA failed his test,
caused her emotional stress that affected her poly.
Billie said she just 'lost it'...........yep, who wouldn't???
Why would 'professionals' tell anyone that was next in line such news knowing it could effect the test???
thats what i thought, of corse tell her after, but not before. i wonder who told her that?

About 30 years ago (!) when I was in University, I worked part time at a sandwich shop in the small town where the school was located. There was a theft of some money from the cash till. In order to find out who took the $$, the owner of the shop actually had all of us employees take a lie detector test. I was 19 to 20 years old at the time, a thousand or so miles away from home and had not much of a support system. Shop employees had gossiped about who had taken the money-- I vaguely remember that it was said that the thief was some guy on an earlier shift that I barely knew who only had worked there a month or two. It was said that he took the $$ and split town.

The day of the test, one of my friends gave me a joint to smoke (I barely ever got high, but during the 6 month period I worked at the store, I smoked pot a few times as all the night shift employees would hang out outside after the store closed and smoke a bit before we went home and I went along with the crowd a few times.)

I went to take the test in a nearby town. It was administered in an almost empty room-- 2 chairs and a table with the polygraph machine- by a man I had never met before. I was very nervous and a little high. It turns out my answer to one of the questions registered something (-- I believe this question had to do with the theft and if I knew who had taken the $$.) Of course, no one from the shop ever just asked me point blank if I knew or heard anything about the theft! They eventually figured out who took the money, but they also fired me and another employee based on our "deceptive" answers.

Later that year I did a research paper on lie detector tests for a psychology class I was taking. I found out that the tests are only as good as the individual who administers the test. This, of course, was 30 years ago, and I am sure that with new technology, these tests are much more accurate than they were when I took one. But I am sure that BD's answers were skewed by the fact she had just heard that her boyfriend had failed his. I imagine she must have been confused and highly emotional going in to take the test. The bf, however, I wonder about and have had my suspicions about him since the beginning. JMHO.

You are correct, the tests are only as good as the polygrapher administering them. However, it takes training to be able to administer and decipher the results, so I would think LE would use only a trusted polygrapher, one that they are familiar with. I would bet that the polygrapher was brought in by the Tx Rangers, though.

I once had to take a LDT as a requirement for a job as a grocery checker many years ago. Scared the bejeebus out of me!! But they do take that into consideration as they give it. I am concerned with WHY they told Billie her BF failed the test before they did hers. Were they trying to trip her up? Did they think she knows more and is protecting the BF? Seems to me that if they wanted to find out what more she might know, they would have wanted her to be comfortable and relaxed during the test. JMO.

Technical question for the locals- do You say the Colorado in Colorado City like the State of Colorado, or like the city of Laredo like Nancy Grace was last night? It peaked my interest every time she said it last night!

Well, I've lived in West Texas my whole life, 47 years, and it's said, ColoRAHdo City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne