TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Law enforcement officials in Colorado City are back on foot today.

Wednesday, officials discontinued a foot search for missing Colorado City middle school student Hailey Dunn to conduct a helicopter search Thursday.

Today, City Manager Pete Kampfer said, officers are back on the street to conduct door-to-door interviews. Plain-clothed officers dispatched from a temporary command center this morning to canvass the town in search of clues.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/07/law-enforcement-going-door--door-investigation-mis/

Thank you for finding that! SA came "rushing home" on Tuesday. DD was home at 5 with SA alone on Monday.
YES and I'm very curious as to SA's demeanor that afternoon when DD got home. Also what he was like that night after picking her up from work. How was he acting?

Volunteers have again hit the streets to look for any signs of missing 13-year-old Hailey Dunn. Various groups have planned searches, with many of those searches being organized on Facebook.

Officials continue to tell bigcountryhomepage.com they're following "substantial leads" and the search is intensifying.

"Our leads are primarily around corroboration and information from the different people that they've interviewed and talked to," said City Manager Pete Kampfer during in interview with Lane Stone. "We're corroborating all the different information and data that they've provided."

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=329036

This speaks, to me, that they found something about her online activities (through friends, etc.). I think she met someone she had contact with online. An older man. I could be wrong, but that's what my gut is telling me.

Her mom met her boyfriend online. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that - at all. It did provide an example to Hailey, however. She could have been lured thinking it was a younger boy.

I wonder where all these tips are coming from that is sending LE in several different directions. What is a tip? How could someone have a tip, but only now coming out with it.

If you saw the interview with the DPS Trooper he said many people were calling in asking if LE had done this or that or checked this or that, just giving them suggestions. He said they were appreciative of those calls so maybe that could be considered "tips"?

I'm wondering how well they could trace her online activities if she did not have a computer and perhaps used internet at several different places. Maybe her ipod (or whatever it is she had) was left behind? In which case, that is strange enough, teens do not leave those behind, ever, do they?

I have wondered if Hailey got a Christmas gift of cash... yanno something substantial for a 13 yo.. from grandparents or someone???

just in case any journalists are reading here:

inviting all journalists and new media personnel to come to the Civic Center if they needed a place to work or wait while in town covering the Hailey Dunn story.

Wood said that is Wi-Fi access at the Civic Center and coffee and water will also be on hand for those waiting for an update on the missing girl.

http://www.ccitynews.net/news/story/2011/01/civic-center-open-news-media

in texas you can leave your child home alone at age 12 , being the dad lives across the street it not as bad as it sounds.

I agree... as long as she has a phone available. Two of my grandsons, different moms leave them at this age.

OK, if LE is organizing this search at 2pm, then that tells me that whatever info they do have points to a local situation, not a trucker passing thru who may have grabbed her...

It sounds like they are getting better organized today.

Off for a while... hoping when I return Hailey is home!

Prayers of Peace to all involved!

What bothers me the most is the flip flops, no sweater and left with NOTHING........
my grandkids that age have to have all their 'stuff'

I believe so. When the kids are not in school and with Billie working long shifts, I think the kids were often home, at least at her house, without an adult. As I said previously, I think the kids drifted between households. If they needed something and Billie wasn't there, I am sure they could go to Clint's house. They are at an age where many feel them too old for a babysitter and okay to leave them for a few hours by themselves. During normal school days, this may be just a few hours. But since school was out for Winter Break, they were possibly home all day alone when Billie was at work. It is not uncommon for this to happen, even with much younger kids, when there are school breaks and parents have to work, especially when that work is the only thing that pays the bills.

I feel certain that had Billie or Clint had any inkling of what might happen by not having stricter guidelines in place for when they weren't home that they would have attempted to make other arrangements. They were again doing what they thought was enough by leaving a cell phone, ensuring that the kids told an adult where they were going or leaving a note, to keep their kids safe in this small, financially troubled community.

Agreed. I grew up in a different time and place, but I started babysitting other people's children at age 11, both at my own home and others' homes. IMO, girls tend to be more mature and responsible in general at younger ages than boys do as well.

just in case any journalists are reading here:

inviting all journalists and new media personnel to come to the Civic Center if they needed a place to work or wait while in town covering the Hailey Dunn story.

Wood said that is Wi-Fi access at the Civic Center and coffee and water will also be on hand for those waiting for an update on the missing girl.

http://www.ccitynews.net/news/story/2011/01/civic-center-open-news-media

any locals if you go, can you please report what goes on for us .......TIA

I have to agree with Marc Klaas on the investigation....

basically they are doing on day 11 what should have been done on days 1-4. I don't see the foot search/recanvas of the area as anything other than that.

MOO

((aside... but I DO hope they have developed significant information for it... don't get me wrong....))

Agreed. I grew up in a different time and place, but I started babysitting other people's children at age 11, both at my own home and others' homes. IMO, girls tend to be more mature and responsible in general at younger ages than boys do as well.

So did I! And due to circumstances (mom passing) I was on my own at 12! In a big city at that.

I'm wondering how well they could trace her online activities if she did not have a computer and perhaps used internet at several different places. Maybe her ipod (or whatever it is she had) was left behind? In which case, that is strange enough, teens do not leave those behind, ever, do they?

Did dad have wireless? What about some of her friends? Kids are pretty tech-savvy these days. Where there's a will, there is usually a way...

What bothers me the most is the flip flops, no sweater and left with NOTHING........
my grandkids that age have to have all their 'stuff'

The description as to what she was wearing, was mentioned on NG last night, said pink tennis shoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx