TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the general theory on what happened to Hailey Dunn?

Have formed no theory on what has happened. Am only hoping that investigators have not developed any tunnel vision.

IMO this case is wide open to any and all possibilities at this point. There is so little known in the way of confirmed facts to be able to form any opinion or theory.

And him and the gf saying they didn't know or was it didn't remember?
Also, him saying he didn't remember if the car was there.

I heard him say that they always parked the car in the back and he couldn't see it from his house. I take it that his house is not literally across the street, right? Maybe up a block or so, or is it on the next street over? Not clear on that, but I thought he said looking out his front or back door, not sure which, he could not see if the car was there or not.

I realize this has probably already been discussed at length, but, what does this mean for the case?

Have all the registrants of the motel been interviewed? Surveillance?

Our S and R person Sarx said it could have been a false hit being the dogs from the prison were used to 48-72 hr scents not ones days after. I don't think it's really been explored by LE, or they haven't put a lot of stock into it.

I would hope that NG would like to continue coverage. I didn't ask Billie if it was mentioned.

Some of the links I looked at after the last NG aired gave the impression that LE is saying Billie lied about several things, polys included. I do not believe that Billie lied, stretched the truth, or in any way attempted to mislead anyone.

Billie is desperate to get Hailey back. Her main intention going into any interview is to get Hailey's picture to as many people as possible and have everyone know that she wants Hailey back. She has no reason to talk trash about LE, did not control the direction of the show, or have any control over what questions were asked of her.

I am very proud of Billie for being able to hold it together and be coherent during the interview. Personally, I don't think I could have done it. Billie is being honest and candid - which is all she can do.
Bd is a very strong woman, im glad she keeps it together in the interviews, if she didnt not as much info would get out, i hope she is able to have help with coping with this. you are a wonderful friend and you as well need to be getting rest so you can be there in full. good job

I realize this has probably already been discussed at length, but, what does this mean for the case?

Have all the registrants of the motel been interviewed? Surveillance?

People from the motel were i believe they used the word contacted.
There is a camera, but it wasn't pointed in the direction of where the scent was.
(doing this from memory this was talked about a few days ago and some things seem to kinda run together :( )

"There are several areas of interest that will be explored by law enforcement officers," said Senior DPS Trooper Sparky Dean in a new release. "Some of these will be searched today and others possibly at a later date."

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=329356

At a later date?! :maddening:

It isn't late enough already?!

264 hours isn't long enough for this girl to be reported missing and her mother and father to wonder where she is? If she's hurt, if she's cold, if she's being tortured, if she's dead?

264 hours already... yet some of these areas will be searched "at a later date"... I would really like to know why they can't be searched today.

If they have to wait till a "later date" to search an area because they don't have enough people, let TES do it.

If all these civilians have to search an area and risking contaminating evidence, because they don't have enough people, let TES do it.

I don't know how Billie is doing this. If I was her I would be in the police station demanding, begging, pleading, crying, screaming that they let Texas Equusearch come in and search.

It's a good thing I don't live there because I lost it when I saw that... and I'd probably be down at the police station doing that right now. Even though I don't know Hailey. This is absurd.

This is a little girl, not a lost cell phone!

You don't want till a later date, you call in all the trained resources available to you and you search everywhere NOW.

The scents by the dogs seem to be very indicative of a stranger abduction.

According to City Manager Kampfer, search dogs picked up a few scent spots indicative of Hailey’s presence near the Western Suites hotel off I-20, just a few blocks from Hailey’s home.

Kampfer says the scents were detected after law enforcement brought the dogs to several locations, not by following any sort of “trail” to the hotel.

http://www.cbs7kosa.com/news/details.asp?ID=23234

"There are several areas of interest that will be explored by law enforcement officers," said Senior DPS Trooper Sparky Dean in a new release. "Some of these will be searched today and others possibly at a later date."

264 hours isn't long enough for this girl to be reported missing and her mother and father to wonder where she is? If she's hurt, if she's cold, if she's being tortured, if she's dead?

264 hours already... yet some of these areas will be searched "at a later date"... I would really like to know why they can't be searched today.

If they have to wait till a "later date" to search an area because they don't have enough people, let TES do it.

If all these civilians have to search an area and risking contaminating evidence, because they don't have enough people, let TES do it.

I don't know how Billie is doing this. If I was her I would be in the police station demanding, begging, pleading, crying, screaming that they let Texas Equusearch come in and search.

It's a good thing I don't live there because I lost it when I saw that... and I'd probably be down at the police station doing that right now. Even though I don't know Hailey. This is absurd.

You don't want till a later date, you call in all the trained resources available to you and you search everywhere NOW.

That's what bothers me. They have people willing to come and help (TES). The more people searching the better, no? Let them come in and help and find Hailey more sooner than later.

Our S and R person Sarx said it could have been a false hit being the dogs from the prison were used to 48-72 hr scents not ones days after. I don't think it's really been explored by LE, or they haven't put a lot of stock into it.

BBM: What????!!!! :eek:

Well, I really hope tunnel vision isn't the case here. There seems to be alot of speculation about Hailey's Mom's boyfriend, and while there could certainly be something to that, it is not necessarily the case.

How common are false hits, SARX????

I would hope that NG would like to continue coverage. I didn't ask Billie if it was mentioned.

Some of the links I looked at after the last NG aired gave the impression that LE is saying Billie lied about several things, polys included. I do not believe that Billie lied, stretched the truth, or in any way attempted to mislead anyone.

Billie is desperate to get Hailey back. Her main intention going into any interview is to get Hailey's picture to as many people as possible and have everyone know that she wants Hailey back. She has no reason to talk trash about LE, did not control the direction of the show, or have any control over what questions were asked of her.

I am very proud of Billie for being able to hold it together and be coherent during the interview. Personally, I don't think I could have done it. Billie is being honest and candid - which is all she can do.

I totally agree with everything you said.
I completely believe Billie over le or anyone else.
I think Nancy has been very nice.
I think Billie has been forthright and honest.
I don't see what NG got wrong.
I did not see where Le said Billie lied.

Maybe, everyone needs to look up the tactics as far as polys are done.
From what I've read they never OFFICIALLY (what is official) confirm that you pass or fail immediately after taking the test.

Please, can a sleuther help me with this.

"there are several areas of interest that will be explored by law enforcement officers," said senior dps trooper sparky dean in a new release. "some of these will be searched today and others possibly at a later date."

at a later date?! :maddening:

it isn't late enough already?!

264 hours already... Yet some of these areas will be searched "at a later date"... I would really like to know why they can't be searched today.

If they have to wait till a "later date" to search an area because they don't have enough people, let tes do it.

If all these civilians have to search an area and risking contaminating evidence, because they don't have enough people, let tes do it.

I don't know how billie is doing this. If i was her i would be in the police station demanding, begging, pleading, crying, screaming that they let texas equusearch come in and search.

It's a good thing i don't live there because i lost it when i saw that... And i'd probably be down at the police station doing that right now. Even though i don't know hailey. This is absurd.

this is a little girl, not a lost cell phone!

you don't want till a later date, you call in all the trained resources available to you and you search everywhere now.

amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From day one you look at the person who saw her last, that would be the BF, you get his so called timeline, then work it. BF said he drove the mom to work right? If so, LE should have done their first search, from MOM's home to her work, then they search where the BF said he went next. The other patrols could have been canvasing the immediate area around her house while LE more experienced search the areas I stated above.

BBM: What????!!!! :eek:

Well, I really hope tunnel vision isn't the case here. There seems to be alot of speculation about Hailey's Mom's boyfriend, and while there could certainly be something to that, it is not necessarily the case.

How common are false hits, SARX????

Obviously that is my opinion, it just seems nothing else has been said about it.
Nothing was said about taking the dogs into each individual hotel room (that i saw) and nothing more has been said about the motel.. seems like after they said they got the hit, there was no follow up info...

Where is Morgan Creek in Dunn - cannot find it on a map anywhere. Help.

Morgan Creek is a tributary of the Colorado River. TXU built Lake Colorado City on Morgan Creek in the late 1940s so that they would have a body of water to cool their electric plant.

I am not sure (even living here my entire life) where Morgan Creek passes through Dunn, TX.

One thing to keep in mind about all of the creeks and streams, plus the Colorado River: this area is extremely dry. Sometimes the the creeks and streams, and even the river, are bone dry. There might be a liitle bit of water for some distance, or just a spot here and there. Only a handful of times in my life can I remember seeing deep water in the river, or the water actually 'running'.

Even the lake has suffered. At one point they started pumping water from other communities because the lake was so low. It has been a couple of years, but I remember people water skiing, falling down in the middle of the lake, and then standing up to knee high water.

"there are several areas of interest that will be explored by law enforcement officers," said senior dps trooper sparky dean in a new release. "some of these will be searched today and others possibly at a later date."

at a later date?! :maddening:

it isn't late enough already?!

264 hours already... Yet some of these areas will be searched "at a later date"... I would really like to know why they can't be searched today.

If they have to wait till a "later date" to search an area because they don't have enough people, let tes do it.

If all these civilians have to search an area and risking contaminating evidence, because they don't have enough people, let tes do it.

I don't know how billie is doing this. If i was her i would be in the police station demanding, begging, pleading, crying, screaming that they let texas equusearch come in and search.

It's a good thing i don't live there because i lost it when i saw that... And i'd probably be down at the police station doing that right now. Even though i don't know hailey. This is absurd.

this is a little girl, not a lost cell phone!

you don't want till a later date, you call in all the trained resources available to you and you search everywhere now.

amen!!!!!!

When I heard that, I thought of the joke about "why is it that you always find your lost keys in the LAST place you look?" with the punchline being that you'd be silly to keep looking for your keys AFTER you found them.

I assumed this meant they were pretty darned sure this lead was going to pan out, and that the other sites would be checked only if this strong lead failed to yield results.

I only saw 2000 population report of 75 people for Dunn, is it that small?

I guess I am assuming (perhaps wrongly) that LE did or is checking the hotel occupants, cameras, interviewing staff, etc...and that they are checking H's FB, including those girls she listed as "enemies", finding out which homes had company that weekend or kids home from college, etc, knows by now where all local SO's were on Monday. I mean, with Texas Rangers and FBI there, they should be on top of all of this, right? Should know if H was on a call on the Monday around noon or anytime thereafter, should know when she was actually last seen by each of her parents. I hope they are doing all this and know all of this...even if we don't. But they need to get TES up/over now, if there more areas to search, "at a later date" is not acceptable.

I have not been able to reading all the posts regarding this case. Maybe this has been mentioned before. Could this case have an internet scenario? When I heard about Hailey being out in the back yard on the phone and then she leaves, it stuck in my mind, wondering if she met someone on the internet who lured her away. Is this a possibility. I have tremendous respect for BD, she is amazing.

Maybe they just don't have enough trained resources to search 24/7. Searchers get tired and have to take a break sometimes. The last thing they need is for somebody to pass out from exhaustion. They also have to keep some officers on their regular duties, they can't ALL stop to help with the search. But "at a later date" could mean tomorrow... not necessarily next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
N0ShytSherlock