TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
czgtz

This may make you feel better about the digging by hand during searches. Elizabeth Smart was initially staying in a hole in the ground with her captors and searchers were so close that she could hear them. There have been other cases like that, as well.

I wonder if some (not saying this is the case here) LE shy away from inviting groups, like TES, in to search. Maybe an ego thing comes into play ?

Yes I am wondering. Is everybody sure Hailey didn't make it to the fathers house. The place she said she was going first?

I'm just utterly astounded that TES is being put on hold, instead of having them come on in now. There must be some reason that we just aren't privvy to, but I just don't get that at all :(

My suspicions are that LE has a reason to believe no one will find anything searching in that manner. Hence why TES is on stand by and why LE isn't doing much to organize community searches. LE keeps going door to door, this leads me to believe they think she may be holed up somewhere or being held in someone's residence.

However, this doesn't mean LE is CORRECT in their assumptions. They may be barking up the wrong tree and wasting valuable resources. IMO

I'm just utterly astounded that TES is being put on hold, instead of having them come on in now. There must be some reason that we just aren't privvy to, but I just don't get that at all :(

I wish that LE would welcome them with open arms and have an extra set of eyes looking. It definitely wouldn't hurt and it may bring Hailey home that much quicker.

It actually blows my mind that so many are found. There is so much undeveloped, and overgrown property where a so-inclined person could dispose of a body, particularly if there was time to dig even the shallowest of graves. A small body, or body parts would be even easier. And yet, remains are located all the time.

Okay... I too am one of those people who still refers to my daughter as "my daughter" most of the time when talking with most of my coworkers, even though she has been to my office and most of them HAVE met her.

By all accounts, Hailey did not much like SA, so it seemed a little strange to me that he'd say he "loves her with all his heart".

For a time, I was involved with a man who NEVER called her by name, favoring several nicknames, the most commonly used being... you guessed it... "That Little Girl". He, and eventually I, and several of my friends, began referring to her as "TLG". Everyone knew who we meant, including her. "Where's TLG?" Or Shouldn't TLG be in bed by now?" and even "TLG... come down for dinner!" The nickname outlasted the relationship.

I was ready to offer this story as proof that use of "that little girl" is NOT nefarious, and does not necessarily indicate distancing. As I began to type, I debated whether or not to post this at all, as it occurred to me that MY use of "TLG" and "That Little Girl" in reference to "Erika" (not her real name) was as a term of endearment. To my friends, to my family, to her friends, and to Erika, it was a completely innocent pet name. HOWEVER... several years after the relationship between this man and myself ended, it came to light that he had sexually molested Erika throughout the entire two years we were together. She was in elementary school at the time it occurred.

"Charles" (also a pseudonym) was the one who initiated use of the term, and he DID have reason to use distancing language when referring to Erika as he was, in truth, "too close" to her. We all picked the phrase up from him. So my defense of the use of the term is not so much a defense as I expected it to be. BTW, he has 13 years left on his sentence.

That isn't a direct quote, but I wanted to set it apart from the previous topic. The sheath was described as "floating". I think if I were the searcher, and an item I believed to be evidence was floating downstream, it would be a no-brainer to pick it out of the flowing water rather than have it carried away. Better to have "compromised" evidence than not to have any, and the "searcher" could simply have his or her DNA and fingerprints logged for purposes of elimination.

That isn't a direct quote either, but, again, I wanted to set it apart from the previous topic.
BO/BD stated early on that Hailey HAD stayed over at MBs before, but did not say MB had stayed at her house. I do not have a link to MB's mother's statements, but I haven't seen anyone say that she claimed she had never met HAILEY, just that she had not met BO/BD. I am not even sure she said Hailey had never slept at her house... just that MB had not slept at Hailey's, and that Hailey was not expected to sleep over THAT night.
BO/BD was also asked if Hailey generally went to sleep over at MBs with nothing but the clothes on her back and she answered that this was completely normal, and that Hailey generally came home the next day to shower and change.
Removing things would, therefore, NOT have made the sleepover any more convincing, since she normally did not take anything. Where it WOULD have come in handy would have been when it was discovered that she had NOT been at MBs, as it would have planted the thought that she had left planning to be gone MORE than just one night (i.e. had run away).
==============================================
Last of all... there were questions about whether Hailey had internet access, via the XBOX or some other device. Based on the assertion that BD met SA on MySpace 2 years ago, and that he just moved in with her a few months ago, I'd say it's fair to assume that there was some sort of internet connection available to enable them to correspond in the year and a half in between, and that it was most likely utilized via the XBOX.

OK... I will shut up now.

I don't find this odd at all, they have been together for 2 1/2 years. In my own experience only my BF has been in my kids lives for 3 years and we have lived together for 2 of those years and he loves my kids with all his heart as if they were his own and my babies love him but not the way he loves them...He loved them with all his heart before he even met them, it is much different for an adult to accept a child then for a child to accept an adult.

I don't find this odd at all, they have been together for 2 1/2 years. In my own experience only my BF has been in my kids lives for 3 years and we have lived together for 2 of those years and he loves my kids with all his heart as if they were his own and my babies love him but not the way he loves them...He loved them with all his heart before he even met them, it is much different for an adult to accept a child then for a child to accept an adult.

I don't find it odd as to what he said but they showed the video over and over on NG the other night of him saying it. I can't put my finger on it, but I certainly didn't like his facial expressions, especially the way it looked to me like he was somewhat smiling when he said it. IMO

Actually, the National Weather Service shares signals with the AMBER Alerts. In the state of Texas, AMBER Alerts are shown where we'd ordinarily see those weather alerts.

Amber alerts are shown here also. The news, the radio, televison as you stated where they show weather related events, scrolling signs on the highways.

I am not saying the Amber Alert. I am saying that there needs to be a level of importance BEFORE amber alert to be on the lookout.

In this case and many others by the time the Amber Alert rules and guidelines are sorted out it is too LATE.

The first few hours are very important. An alert level need to be implimented of any missing child report even BEFORE they decide if it meets Amber alert conditions.

The guidelines for the amber alert requires too much verification of what LE can gather. IMO you get a lazy LE officer taking report, one who just doesnt use the best judgement then time is wasting.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...amber+alert+criteria&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

What is the closest town WEST of CCity???
Are they searching in a 10-15 miles circle of CCity???

Below is a link to a map of the area-- someone here posted it Thur. night.
It is very helpful and includes points of interest like Hailey's house, friends house, search areas, etc!!!!

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5972164&postcount=234"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TX TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #4[/ame]

Hopefully, searchers are searching the heavily wooded area near the river and extend over into Scurry County. i think it is the western edge of town. They were searching that area on 1/6/11. If TES arrives this is where I would have them focus initially.

czgtz....when was the last time Billie saw Hailey?

Billie left her house before 7am Monday to go to work. I am sure she saw her Sunday. I always just take a look at my kids asleep before I leave to work, even though I don't wake them up - I figure most moms do. But I didn't ask Billie specifically about 'looking in' on Hailey Monday morning.

See that concerns me. If someone finds something, like the glasses and sheath, are they handling what could be possible evidence? If there is an area of ground that looks freshly covered, they are digging through it? This could destroy valuable evidence don't you think? Why not just take a few steps back and call in LE so they can process the scene, etc?

I was totally uninvolved in the search. On the news, I saw some of the people who were searching pulling branches away from piles, and digging through loose dirt with their hands. It did say that they contacted LE, but I had the impression that they did not wait for LE before they started moving branches and digging.

It would help if LE put out a flyer advising people on proper search techniques. Even asking them to read and sign it would help.
That concerns me as well, Sheik. At the very least, well intentioned search parties should be given a quick briefing on proper handling of evidence. The problem, as I see it, is untrained people having to discern what's evidence and what's not. Likely evidence could be passed up as just trash or contaminated with their own fingerprints.

I called the Laura Recovery Center yesterday. They actually come out for several days to instruct the layperson how to properly search. The man I spoke with there told me that they had contacted CCPD and actually mailed a copy of their manual to Chief Bivins. I do not know if the PD made that available to the searchers.

RSBM: Hi czgtz,

Thank you for coming here and spending some time with us - much appreciated. Hugs to you and all you are doing.

One question only: How is Billie, Clint and David holding up and is Billie getting any rest at all?

I think that it is understandably harder on them the more time that passes without having Hailey with them. I talk to Billie several times a day, but I haven't talked to Clint since the prayer vigil. I know that Billie is trying to rest and eat, but of course she is having a hard time.

Good Morning! My wife and I wondered if you know if the kids at school have been questioned and if so, has anything turned up useful? Thanks!

It is my understanding that local LE questioned quite a few kids. I know that when the Rangers came in, they did some more questioning.

Sorry sure this has been answered but whats the distance between Hailey house and the friends house that she might of been going to. tia !

Depending on what route you take, anywhere from 4-6 blocks.

I don't find it odd as to what he said but they showed the video over and over on NG the other night of him saying it. I can't put my finger on it, but I certainly didn't like his facial expressions, especially the way it looked to me like he was somewhat smiling when he said it. IMO

Oh I agree....but just the statement doesn't seem hinky to me....when the two are put together for sure

First-hats off to everyone doing an amazing job as always helping find Hailey....you guys never cease to amaze me.

I've been reading, watching, praying from the start...I've read every single post...I just haven't had anything to add....until now.

I can't help but think it's of upmost importance for Clint's girlfriend to try and remember if Hailey came by or not. IMO it would make a huge difference. I know I've read she has a new baby, etc. and the days run together....but I just think it would help tremendously.

6 years ago I brought home a very sick 7 week old from the hospital...up all night and day with meds/crazy feeding times/etc.....I could still tell you the comings and goings of my home. If she is certain she was awake around the time Hailey supposedly came by before going to her friend's....I'd be doing everything to try and remember....not bashing her at all....I just think it's a little more important than not.

First-hats off to everyone doing an amazing job as always helping find Hailey....you guys never cease to amaze me.

I've been reading, watching, praying from the start...I've read every single post...I just haven't had anything to add....until now.

I can't help but think it's of upmost importance for Clint's girlfriend to try and remember if Hailey came by or not. IMO it would make a huge difference. I know I've read she has a new baby, etc. and the days run together....but I just think it would help tremendously.

6 years ago I brought home a very sick 7 week old from the hospital...up all night and day with meds/crazy feeding times/etc.....I could still tell you the comings and goings of my home. If she is certain she was awake around the time Hailey supposedly came by before going to her friend's....I'd be doing everything to try and remember....not bashing her at all....I just think it's a little more important than not.

I believe it was determined Hailey did NOT come over that day because LE consistantly states the last confirmed sighting of Hailey besides the boyfriend is by the neighbor at 12:30 when she was in the backyard on the phone.

Do you by any chance know if a Konnects was connected to the X box that was removed from Hailey's home? Kim Kommando reported on her show last week that Konnects takes pictures of players while playing games then stores and shows them after game play. Maybe there are some picture clues?

I do not know exactly what all was with the X Box. I haven't heard of a Konnects. I can't imagine what type of clue could be found if the only type of picture it takes is during game play. I do know that Billie does not have internet access, so pictures would not have been transmitted anywhere.

Well, once again I return to see that I am just getting farther and farther behind here.... the fact that you all care so much about bringing Hailey home and are staying on top of the story is just so great.

I fell asleep early last night, and have not watched much of the news. The last I watched was showing the locals search. When they showed people digging through the dirt with their hands, I had to turn it off. I know that everyone is so anxious to find Hailey, and feel like they have to do something - whatever they can, but that is something I could not deal with. They were looking for Hailey's body, not Hailey alive....... and as long as there is ANY chance that Hailey will be found safe and brought home, I just can't stand to see things like that.

I just spoke with redcat. She will be out of pocket for a while. No idea what is going on with the FB page, but she has contacted FB and has someone working to get it back up.

I have spoken to Billie several times. Nothing really new to report - the investigation is continuing.

I can report that Mark Klaas returned my call. I had left a message at Klaas Kids yesterday. I gave him Billie's number this morning, and hopefully he will get ahold of her soon. Also, I had a missed call from TES. I spoke with them this morning also. They have been in contact with both Billie and Clint, are currently on stand-by, and ready to come to C-City on a moments notice if LE calls them in.

Everyone please continue to pray for Hailey's safe return, and for God to keep His hand on Hailey and all those that love her. Pray for the investigators also, to lead them in the right direction and help them find her. Soon.

I am going to try and look back through the posts, but it will take me days to do so. If anyone wants to throw some links out with anything pertinent, that would be great. I have mostly been concentrating on Billie, rather than the news, and after the last broadcast I watched, I really don't want to go searching through the news reports blind.
And I will be here for a while, so if there are any questions that other locals have not cleared up yet, I will try and do that.

Not going anywhere. You take care of you and Billie.
One question- is NG still on the table if Hailey is not back by Monday?

http:///viewArticle.action?articleId=281474978890807

I am going to stop reading the news articles on this case.

The above article states that Nancy Grace got it wrong. I do not see where she got anything at all wrong. BD DID tell NG that she was told she failed the poly.
So now LE is stating they didnt tell her that.. as far as I am concerned LE is covering their back sides. There is no reason for BD to make up somthing about LE. I am convinced they did tell her than to get a reaction. I do not think it was the person conducting the poly. but someone, somewhere on the totum pole seems to have told her such.

The above artice stated in regards to the home being searched it was said that BD claims the home was searched Wed. HOWEVER BD did correct that and say that it was searched previously but a more through seach was Wed.

The news being reported by some outlets really need to go back and watch the video of the NG show.

I am starting to get really angry that the concentration on what NG got wrong. I am the first to correct NG when she gets too dramatic but in this case she is NOT wrong and she didnt not report false information, in fact the words were from DB.

I think the above article is LE covering their behinds in knowing that someone very well could of told her she failed the poly and that they did tell her BEFORE her poly that boyfriend failed.. which is a big, huge NO NO and LE simply covering that fact.

I have a soft spot for BD. This poor woman is in agony and pain. It is all over her fact that this is the worst possible thing that has ever or ever could happen. I in fact am worried that her body is just going to give out on her. She looks very frail.
IMO BD has nothing at all to hide, I do not like the news making her actions to be questionable or her being untruthful.

I am gonna slack off on reading for awhile. I really hope that NG does not refrain from covering the case. Look where it got Easley.. caught by a viewer.

ok enough venting. I am just so sad over this. I am sad that Hailey is missing and that her mother is doing ALL she can to bring her little girl home.

I do not know exactly what all was with the X Box. I haven't heard of a Konnects. I can't imagine what type of clue could be found if the only type of picture it takes is during game play. I do know that Billie does not have internet access, so pictures would not have been transmitted anywhere.
So, neither parent had internet access at their homes? I heard CD say on NG the other night that he didn't have internet. But Billie said she met SA through MySpace so I thought she might have had internet - but she did say she didn't have a computer.

I, too, don't understand why LE hasn't looked through dad's house. I know Hailey's markers would have been all over the house as she stayed there quite frequently but the same applies to Billie's.

Do you know how Hailey was getting on the net? She posted to her facebook account in late November - probably from friends' houses or did she go to the library? Some of the times she posted were later in the evening when the library would have been closed.

I'm wondering if the neighbor that saw her has internet and Hailey was able to connect using his access? With 2 teens in the house - it is very possible they found out they could "hijack" the neighbors access.

I too am frustrated that Clint's GF can't remember if she saw Hailey Monday, so much is riding on that. Can't she reconstruct Sunday, the day after Christmas and go from there?
If she did see her, it backs up BF's story, when nothing else does.

I don't think LE has any knowledge that made them do the door-to-door; I think they are just trying everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne