TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is an informal group from Abilene who posted on a newspaper comment section that they would meet at Sam's Club parking lot this morning to head out to search. I did not go for several reasons:

1) The citizen search apparently allows anyone with no ID, background check, training or knowledge of what to look for and how to avoid contaminating, documenting or missing anything.

2) If they find anything, I doubt you could get a real person on the phone to have professionals come out and collect it.

3) Surely Texas Rangers would prefer a professional organization such as Equisearch to be organizing the searchers if they thought Hailey was out there. Tim Miller requires ID. Does not allow sex offenders to participate and instructs everyone on safety and how to avoid contaminating evidence. An experienced Equisearch volunteer leads each small group to an assigned grid area.

I commend everyone who is out there looking for Hailey! I am sure that the citizens would have preferred to have some instruction, organization and leadership from someone who has done this over and over for years.

As it is, ordinary folks have had to step up to the plate and lead a missing child field search for the very first time. Any defense attorney will be able to have whatever they find thrown right out of court. Every Tom, Dick, and Harry will have had their footprints and DNA all over Mitchell County by the end of the day, with no reliable record or proof of who went where.

It's not the citizens' fault...someone has to do it!

BBM-Just an FYI, I have put the link to the SAR resource guide for communities (www.4themissing.net) on the FB page several times as well as tried to help organize the searches by using the discussion tabs with limited or no success.

In terms of evidence, there's a lot of factors going on here. I've seen a whole lot of cases where evidence got thrown out and it was collected by LE, even more when SAR was involved, so it's an issue no matter what. A person doesn't need a lot of training to do the most that they can to ensure its integrity. I repeat multiple times in the guide, DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING. It really doesn't take any training, just spend a 1/2 hour to go over the guide and it has it covered. Either flag the item, mark the coords/location and report it to LE or if you believe it to be very import then do not touch it, stay with it and call it in and get LE there (or if you have no coverage send someone for LE and stay with it).

I was a SAR purist for a very long time. "SAR and nobody else" was my attitude. I have come to realize that while this might sound good in theory it is flawed and not reality. Locals have knowledge that you can't find on maps. Locals have manpower that you sometimes can't get with smaller SAR groups. Then there is the issue that sometimes SAR is not called in at all, so what do you do? Sit by idly and just wait? No, a community shouldn't, but they need to be a little educated and organized and there needs to be a paper trail (again all this is available via a website). Even when a SAR operation is going, volunteers can be extremely useful in clearing area that are outside the scope of the official search, but again, there needs to be some basic knowledge and documentation.

What are oil fields like?
Deep wells?
I have no idea, but SA knows oil fields?
Does anyone know if he hunted or fished? (guns/knives)
I'm hoping someone is over at BD house so she can sleep
and not have to answer the door/phone etc.
I'm afraid of her collapsing like Haleigh's mom, Crystal.

passionflower, I think you might've signed off last nite when we were talking about oil wells & oil fields...here's the page where I responded to your questions...read on from there & there's other folks knowledge added, too....HTH

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124710&page=18

passionflower, I think you might've signed off last nite when we were talking about oil wells & oil fields...here's the page where I responded to your questions...read on from there & there's other folks knowledge added, too....HTH

On the subject of the wells/pipes... I wanted to add my post from the previous thread:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5981508&postcount=519"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TX TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #8[/ame]

I'm sure there must be are old/uncapped wells and pipes out there? Just a thought. (Thinking of the whole Baby Jessica thing...)

Thanks so much, never saw one.........I was thinking of something else like wells we have in PA.
Pix are great! Thanks.

Now does C city have septic tanks??? water wells???

FYI - Find Hailey Dunn FB page is gone... probably because of the ignorant people that were posting finding items during the search.

Sorry, if this has already been mentioned

FYI - Find Hailey Dunn FB page is gone... probably because of the ignorant people that were posting finding items during the search.

It's still there.

Sheik, you need to read the first post on this thread before you get this thread locked up. You cannot sleuth the parents, they are victims and not named as suspects.

Hailey20Dunn-120lr.gif

Hailey is 13 years old. She was heading to stay with a friend on Monday Dec. 27th but never made it. She is 5'1" with hazel eyes and brown hair. She also has pierced ears. She was last seen at 1804 Chestnut, wearing navy blue sweat pants, a light colored T-shirt and pink and white shoes.
Anyone who has seen Hailey contact the Colorado City Police Dept. at 325-128-5294

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8

Media Links

You must read this post and hit the 'thanks' button before you post in this thread.

We do not allow rumors to be posted or perpetuated at WS. Do not post a rumor or respond to a rumor.
Direct quotes and screenshots from social networking sites are not allowed at WS.
You may discuss what is on a social networking site but must include the link. However, do not discuss or link to sites that are private.
Please do not post about other posters. That is a TOS violation because it is rude. It’s like talking behind someone’s back.
The only appropriate way to respond to problematic posts is to hit the alert button. We will then look at the post and handle it asap. Do not respond to a problematic post. That compounds the problem and delays the solution.
We do not allow the posting of personal information about people who have not been named as a POI or suspect by LE or MSM.
You must include a link to where you found the information in your post.
Just because a person is connected to a case doesn't mean we can immediately start using his/her name, even if it is an adult. There is no need to drag innocent people through the mud.
If people start talking to the media about the case then yes, they have decided they want their identity known. Then you can use their names in posts here at WS.
If suspects and family members are talked about in the major media outlets, you can use their names in posts here at WS.
We don't allow name posting of minors’ names, except for Hailey's, of course.
The full WS TOS and "rules" can be found here: The Rules

'Insiders' or "Locals"
Before you post ANY inside information that could help this case PLEASE report it to the police first. Here at Websleuths, we don't care about having "scoops" or "bombshells." We care about the cases, the people involved, and making sure Websleuths is not hindering the investigation by allowing people to post inside information that the police do not have yet.
If you know Hailey or her family and want to post about her, then WS admin needs to talk to you. Please email wsverify@xmission.com
Include:
The case
Your Websleuths name
Your phone number and a good time to call
Your real name.
In the subject line please put which case you are asking to be verified on.
It will all be kept strictly confidential.
Unless what you are saying can be verified by law enforcement and/or the media, it is not considered a "fact" here. You may personally know for 100% certainty that it is true, but unless you are verified and/or can back it up with a link, we do have to consider it to be a rumor. This is not to single anyone out or to ignore information, but to maintain the integrity of a case and keep the best interests of the victims at the forefront.
Please do what is right by the case first before you post anything on Websleuths.
Do not post about private conversations with case players unless the case player is aware that the conversation is going public.
If you are a local or insider and your posts do not include any "inside" information, you do not need to be verified. Please remember, however, that information as simple as what Mom does for a living or where BF works are considered inside information.

Check for professional and locals here...
Professional Posters & Verified Locals/Insiders

czgtz: Hailey Dunn case
Redcat is a verified local in the Hailey Dunn case
mommajack: Hailey Dunn Case
40G!GZ7: Hailey Dunn case
spankysmom: Hailey Dunn case
ajk: Hailey Dunn case
smalltownmom71 is a verified local Hailey Dunn case
regresmom is a verified local Hailey Dunn case

Please Continue here...

:bump:

All is well. Just remember to read the first post. :blowkiss:

Actually it's all fact. In a missing child situation, don't be so quick to rule out the parents.

I just found it, and it is still active.

This case is confusing me! I'm trying to keep up, but that seems impossible.

Hailey, I pray today is the day you come home safe!

:lol:

I just happen to be very interested in Hailey and was getting my updates.

I know, me too. I think it's the very small town or something that reminds me of our town, I can't stop thinking of her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne