TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, Fnd Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Fnd Alive, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know the answer to your question, but the vast majority of kidnappings in the US are non-custodial parent abductions. Those don't typically result in murder. But tampering with a corpse - well... that's a horse of a different color.

I agree about tampering but it would seem like a kidnapping sentence would have judicial discretion, allowing for the circumstances of said kidnapping to be considered - as in LIFE in the case of Heidi AND Margo. If they had that leeway, in a case of murder following a kidnapping, even if the details of the murder couldn't be proved or charged, the kidnapping sentence could put them away forever. Now I'm curious about what kidnapping carries in other states. On tampering, recall that it only carries three years in Colorado. Big difference from Texas!

744 is Heidi's building? If so, wouldn't MF have left via Wm Cannon (shortest way out)?
What is the X on your map?

Not sure what 744 you're referring to. Affidavit states witness saw HB come out between buildings 7 &8. X is where HB's car was parked. Witness says car exited to S 1st (turn right, then left on Wm. Cannon to head to Houston via 71). Leaving via the front of the complex where MF entered would be much slower/longer, and involve turning the car around.

Not sure what 744 you're referring to. Affidavit states witness saw HB come out between buildings 7 &8. X is where HB's car was parked. Witness says car exited to S 1st (turn right, then left on Wm. Cannon to head to Houston via 71). Leaving via the front of the complex where MF entered would be much slower/longer, and involve turning the car around.

Ok, gotcha. 744 is at the middle of your map. Must be the office/clubhouse addy from Google maps.

Seeing the location where Heidi's car was parked, it seems strange that she would have emerged from between bldgs 7 & 8, as though coming around from the back of her own building. Am I looking at that right?

I agree about tampering but it would seem like a kidnapping sentence would have judicial discretion, allowing for the circumstances of said kidnapping to be considered - as in LIFE in the case of Heidi AND Margo.

Absolutely! Which is the potential for the capital circumstances - murder committed during the commission of another crime (like kidnapping). They'll put her under the jail as we say if that's found to be the truth. Capital crime is like Texas Jenga - stack them up and the outcome is not good.

Ok, gotcha. 744 is at the middle of your map. Must be the office/clubhouse addy from Google maps.

Seeing the location where Heidi's car was parked, it seems strange that she would have emerged from between bldgs 7 & 8, as though coming around from the back of her own building. Am I looking at that right?

Oh my goodness - sorry - yes 744 is the street address. If you look at my theory - the reason she was coming from between those buildings is that she popped over towards the office to get the mail after arriving home. This is my theory - TX - TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, Fnd Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Fnd Alive, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #10

The smell...that's the hink...why didn't he smell it? And nothing more has been said about him traveling and not being home except that one night unless I missed it.

I'm not even sure it indicates he was gone that one night, assuming you are talking about the 12th?

It says that she went to the beach with a cousin, he stayed in Houston to work. The next time he saw her was on the 13th and she had the baby.

So either she didn't come home on the night of the 12th, or she did and for whatever reason, he didn't see or hear her and the baby?

I guess I'm assuming that he worked the 12th during the day, without knowing what he actually does for a living, he could have been working at night?

I think MF outweighed Heidi by 75 lbs. 150 vs 225. And several inches. That extra heft in a crazy person should not be underestimated.
Plus, which I thought of later, a duffel bag has strap handles. And the Versa has a low back end to make loading easier. And like you say, where there's a will, there's a way. I'm small and not strong at all, but I've moved furniture out of the back of my SUV that was very heavy because I was the only one to do it. She could do it. jmo

I'm not even sure it indicates he was gone that one night, assuming you are talking about the 12th?

It says that she went to the beach with a cousin, he stayed in Houston to work. The next time he saw her was on the 13th and she had the baby.

So either she didn't come home on the night of the 12th, or she did and for whatever reason, he didn't see or hear her and the baby?

I guess I'm assuming that he worked the 12th during the day, without knowing what he actually does for a living, he could have been working at night?
But, were talking 7 days before discovery. Where was he then? Home, working? Everyone has assumed he traveled for his job, but did he? It seems CG is the only one we know very little about. And that's okay, but I find it hard to believe he is not complicent in some way. He's not been named a POI, but maybe he should be. jmo

lol That... we don't know yet! It's a bit unclear if they just questioned him and let him go about his business and go back home or not. I wouldn't think they would? but then it doesn't say they detained him or anything like that, so who knows.
Taking a wild guess here but I think he went from target to police station and car was likely towed. They Already had surveillance on him. They had to have good reason to stop him and question him coming out of target. Reason enough to believe he was involved at least initially. Otherwise why not follow him back home to question him? JMO

But, were talking 7 days before discovery. Where was he then? Home, working? Everyone has assumed he traveled for his job, but did he? It seems CG is the only one we know very little about. And that's okay, but I find it hard to believe he is not complicent in some way. He's not been named a POI, but maybe he should be. jmo

Lots that we don't know yet, from what we know, it seems odd that he wouldn't notice something. But we really don't know how much he was around those 7 days, if he even went out by the car, if he thought it was strange that she was parked where she was...

lots and lots of questions lol

Lots that we don't know yet, from what we know, it seems odd that he wouldn't notice something. But we really don't know how much he was around those 7 days, if he even went out by the car, if he thought it was strange that she was parked where she was...

lots and lots of questions lol
They shared a house, they didn't share a relationship though she was allegedly pregnant with his child.
I'm not sure how soon Heidi's cadaver started to emit an odor, certainly not for a few days. That narrows that aspect down to maybe 2-3 days when the odor of decomposition became permeating to the extent that the officer identified it priorto opening the trunk.
There is nothing else to suggest he played a role in her murder and this alone does not suggest it either.
Must have been strange for him to have this offspring he was told was his child suddenly living there. Guy's head must have been fried with it all..

she had run a daycare at one point, so she could have had a crib or other furniture from that time period. I wonder if she was hankering for a childwhile running the daycare.... do we know if there were actual clients?

So, i looked at it again. It was late last night...:confused:

It's possible that she actually has a history of psych meds and psych treatment, but no meds/treatment at the present time. The sentence in eval reads "Pt denied any current Y meds or the need for Y tx (treatment) while incarcerated". The 'Y" could be indicator that evaluator covered topic/asked about history of meds/treatment or that there is history. Very odd wording... If there were previous meds/treatment Bipolar is more likely. But Bipolar can be overdiagnosed and can mimic symptoms of other disorders.

@Artis - Yes, we just don't know enough. I totally agree. Borderline is a possibility, but impossible to know for sure with what we know. And that diagnosis, even if in place, would not explain her choices... And symptoms of Bipolar and Borderline overlap and can be very difficult to tease apart. Impossible to do withing having so little information.

how about schizophrenic break? (speculation- no psych education here) I keep wondering if she did not move the body because she liked HB or because she forgot about it- both unrealistic thought patterns, IMO. There have been other people found living with dead bodies because they were sort of "attached to them." IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammiwinks