TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, Fnd Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Fnd Alive, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
^^sbm
I believed the same until the affidavit provided that MF had keys to HB's car & apartment. I think it's possible MF later planted the purse in HB's car. HB had her breast milk and MF could have prefaced there were diapers in the car.

Personally, I favor the theory that HB believed they were simply going to park the car -- never leaving the lot.
Yes, or as another said going to the office to get a quick application.

I think maybe home by 8:35/8:40 after convo with SC, upstairs with car seat, baby and books. Back down with baby, keys and phone to get her mail from the office and collect her purse, making sense of her emerging from between buildings 7 &8 (office behind her) as per the affidavit, to be surprised by her "friend" shortly after 9:05.

the emerging between buildings, not coming from her apartment is interesting. If HB had already returned to the apartment, for a piece of outgoing mail perhaps, she met MF in the parking lot, imo. As a surprise “Yoo-hoo, Heidi”
And if an unknown person was driving MF could have easily explained she was early postpartum, not up,to driving. How about a “get in, get out of the weather, the car is warm, awww let me/us see M” type situation.

Imagine if the FBI had written it?
There would be nothing at all, no detail, zero- a vacum, be grateful for small miracles.
#BothDoorsClosed.
Did the wind catch them or did somebody close them manually or automatically.?
We just have some crumbs here and we're making the best of them, is all. That is what we do here to maintain sanity and interest.
The delays are a nightmare and cases become forgotten 2 yrs down the road.
Sadly.
LOL yes re FBI, though we should commend them for the work they did down in Houston in surveilling and capturing her :)

What you are saying feels right to me.
This was extraordinarily well planned.
I'm wondering why she failed to dispose of Heidi's body?
She had opportunity, we must assume. She had time.
It would have been easily done. If former bf was home, just send him on errands like she did day she was arrested.
Go for a drive, place it in a dumpster/whatever?

What possible reasons could she have had for neglecting that aspect when every other single aspect was planned and executed to perfection, seemingly?
Sorry, this quote was to be inserted in my last msg.

what if MF led HB to believe she wanted to go to rental office, apply for an apartment, move to Austin. If they departed as you explain, would they pass the office or could they weave between buildings to get to the office? We did learn HEB caught the car on cam. Tysm

No - if they departed the way I believe they did, based on the affidavit, they would exit directly onto S. 1st, not passing the office. The way MF entered the complex would take her past the office, but the exit was a straight shot to S 1st and on east to Houston, no backing up or turning around required, and as the witness said - she was parked facing that direction, blocking the parking spaces in front of the buildings.

Oh, and since I did that post on fake silicone baby bumps yesterday, I must say that in doing that research I found another name for them.... moonbumps. Moon in Italian/Romanian/Spanish is = Luna!

And I had come across a website saying such with that Luna/Moon name for silicone fake bellies. *shivers* as to this gal.

Fake Pregnant Belly | Moonbump
Oh gosh. Good point/thinking about the Luna name. Never thought of that. Except I clicked on your link and now I have a Fake Pregnant Bellies website in my search history. ;)

Oh, I don’t. I think HB had no concerns about MF, her key holding bestie. Why would she? She had zero reason to think her bestie might kill her & steal her baby. I think once the car hit the road and picked up speed is when things went south, with HB possibly asking “wth is going on” and the rest of the story regarding MF’s response we’ll never know. MF is a large, stout woman, if she pulled the car off the road & ordered HB out, HB had no choice but to step out.
I wonder if MF preferred to get a baby thru a stranger abduction, HB not her first choice, but time got away from her so she considered HB her ONLY option. Moo
Look at earlier pics of MF at the beach. The girl has some arms!
I really still wonder about that crib she posted for sale in January. I really do think MF could have been looking to meet a pregnant woman. Especially because it was such a low budget crib she was selling for only $25. Someone who came looking at that price point might be in a more desperate situation. Why would she even have a crib in her possession... and just happens to sell it right before she "gets pregnant" in March...

Two sets of docs released -- all worth a read. Give me a minute and I'll add the links for you. :)

ETA: Arrest Affidavit and MF Assessment, etc. links

TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, Fnd Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Fnd Alive, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #10

TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, Fnd Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Fnd Alive, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #10
Thank you!
Oh boy! So she does have a mental health condition (untreated).
But ummm I see there are in fact suspects...pleural.
Has it been answered why they would have unsealed everything early? I’m just curious.
Feeling really overwhelmed by all this abundance of information.

I don't believe for an instant that there was an accomplice driver. I feel the video cam one of the neighbors had which filmed the car would or has shown clearly though MF was waiting in 'passenger' side of the car, that after Heidi and baby were in the rear passenger side and possible immobilized, that MF walked around to drivers side and sped off.
So MF was driving and controlling the passenger in the back seat?

This may have been answered already, and I apologize for asking again if it has. Which building did Heidi live in? Is her apartment for sure on the 3rd floor? Does anyone have a good overview of the apartment complex? I've been trying to figure out where MF was parked when she was seen. Satellite from Google maps shows many buildings around a pool area, and it's difficult to see the parking lots.

The eyewitness said MF got out and greeted the (presumably Heidi) person with the baby. I would love to know what sort of greeting was. My "bestie" is usually greeted with a hug. A needle might have been used in that scenario.

JMO
After trying to better understand how a long time friend of HB could end up doing something like this, a phrase from some other WS cases keeps coming to mind.

"A person can be mostly good until one day, they are not"

We have had a few cases now where the person that committed a horrible murderous crime showed no real forewarning signs. The recent Patrick Frazee case was kind of like that. Apparantly his first murder ever and not really a person known to the criminal justice system before his arrest for the murder of KB. I believe this case is more or less one of those kinds where the person who orchestrated the murder was not your typical criminal going through a revolving jail door all the time or anything like that.

And even if MF started to show signs that she was changing for the worse, mentally or otherwise, then a kind friendly true friend like HB would probably stick with her and support her even more if HB started to see signs in MF that bothered her.

HB would never imagine that her 10 year best friend MF was getting so devious with murderous planning. Especially not a true friend like HB was to her. She would never suspect it or imagine it. Nobody hardly would. Which is why this makes this crime all the more insidious and horrifying.

Im full of sadness and I just hope LE keeps digging to get 100 percent of the truth out of exactly how things were carried out. And if there was another person involved in helping her, then I hope LE is able to successfully prosecute anyone else who may have been involved. This case is utterly horrific and we are very lucky to have that baby come out of this alive and in good health. It could have been even worse than it was had LE not been able to get there in time to take that baby away from the person(s) that had no right to it.

JMO
After trying to better understand how a long time friend of HB could end up doing something like this, a phrase from some other WS cases keeps coming to mind.

"A person can be mostly good until one day, they are not"

We have had a few cases now where the person that committed a horrible murderous crime showed no real forewarning signs. The recent Patrick Frazee case was kind of like that. Apparantly his first murder ever and not really a person known to the criminal justice system before his arrest for the murder of KB. I believe this case is more or less one of those kinds where the person who orchestrated the murder was not your typical criminal going through a revolving jail door all the time or anything like that.

And even if MF started to show signs that she was changing for the worse, mentally or otherwise, then a kind friendly true friend like HB would probably stick with her and support her even more if HB started to see signs in MF that bothered her.

HB would never imagine that her 10 year best friend MF was getting so devious with murderous planning. Especially not a true friend like HB was to her. She would never suspect it or imagine it. Nobody hardly would. Which is why this makes this crime all the more insidious and horrifying.

Im full of sadness and I just hope LE keeps digging to get 100 percent of the truth out of exactly how things were carried out. And if there was another person involved in helping her, then I hope LE is able to successfully prosecute anyone else who may have been involved. This case is utterly horrific and we are very lucky to have that baby come out of this alive and in good health. It could have been even worse than it was had LE not been able to get there in time to take that baby away from the person(s) that had no right to it.

lol, I use the same phrase about my horses & dogs. Very true. All is well until it no longer is. Many criminals go thou life w/o committing a crime until they are quite long in the tooth.

I really still wonder about that crib she posted for sale in January. I really do think MF could have been looking to meet a pregnant woman. Especially because it was such a low budget crib she was selling for only $25. Someone who came looking at that price point might be in a more desperate situation. Why would she even have a crib in her possession... and just happens to sell it right before she "gets pregnant" in March...

and had she pulled the “guess what, were preggers” ruse with CG before? Or did she dabble in garage sale merchandise, buying/reselling. Moo

I am not @srg, but can help with abbreviations etc. I work in Psychiatry.

- Diagnosed in early 20s with Bipolar Disorder and PTSD.
- Endorses history of situational depression only (this does not really correlate with a Bipolar diagnosis as depression is biological in a true Bipolar Disorder)
- Endorses history of situational anxiety only.
- No history of or current self-harm.
- No history of psych hospitalizations.
- No history of psych meds (which is concerning if she truly struggles with a Bipolar Disorder. There is Bipolar 1 and Biolar 2 Disorder. Bipolar 1 is more severe and requires a mood stabilizer).
- "SA" in mental health lingo is "suicide attempts). She denies a history.
- "SI/HI/SIB/AVH" is "suicidal ideation/homicidal ideation/self-injurious behavior/auditory & visual hallucinations". She denies a history of and current symptoms.
- Trauma history of sexual assault. "Sexual Assault" is usually not abbreviated on the psych eval and "SA" stands for "suicide attempt".
- Sister is a so-called "protective factor" aka something that keeps MF from harming or killing herself/something that keeps her here.
- She did not require any psych meds while incarcerated.

Based in what I am seeing, i would thoroughly assess for history of depressive/hypomanic/manic episodes. Bipolar 1 is unlikely; she could have not managed w/o meds. Possibly Bipolar 2, but that'sa stretch based on eval... I would closely assess for Borderline Personality as the root cause is trauma; especially sexual trauma. Some red flags are:
- Fear of abandonment (need baby to hold on to ex)
- Unstable relationships (estranged from family)
- Problems with self-image
- Impulsive, risky behaviors (legal problems)
- Self-harm/suicide attempts (which she denies)
- Mood swings (mood described as labile in eval)
- Chronic feelings of emptiness
- etc.

But, yes, there is much more to her than this psych eval leads us to believe... much, much more... this is a very, very abbreviated eval.

Hope this helps... Let me know if you have any questions. :)

So, i looked at it again. It was late last night...:confused:

It's possible that she actually has a history of psych meds and psych treatment, but no meds/treatment at the present time. The sentence in eval reads "Pt denied any current Y meds or the need for Y tx (treatment) while incarcerated". The 'Y" could be indicator that evaluator covered topic/asked about history of meds/treatment or that there is history. Very odd wording... If there were previous meds/treatment Bipolar is more likely. But Bipolar can be overdiagnosed and can mimic symptoms of other disorders.

@Artis - Yes, we just don't know enough. I totally agree. Borderline is a possibility, but impossible to know for sure with what we know. And that diagnosis, even if in place, would not explain her choices... And symptoms of Bipolar and Borderline overlap and can be very difficult to tease apart. Impossible to do withing having so little information.

Man, I must be slow because that's another "holy crap you're right" observation that I never thought of. Just like the baby clothes for sale deal where that woman got murdered and cut open. That would put this plan in the works even before Heidi got pregnant. Once Heidi was pregnant, she became the easiest target.

So is the prevailing opinion that they have not filed Murder charges yet, is due to them not having enough evidence to implicate her? Even if they suspect she had help, and they are looking at charging more than one person, why do they still feel the need to hold off on charging her? Could they be conflicted about 1st Degree or 2nd Degree? Seems like there was plenty of premeditation to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Venusflytrap100