TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, Fnd Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Fnd Alive, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
(visible with the red hoodie with lettering, missing the drawstring I might add)

I did see a post suggesting the drawstring might have been the ligature. Idk half of my sweatshirts no longer have the drawstring. In my car, I always have items that could be used as a ligature tho for me they serve other purposes, lol.

I did see a post suggesting the drawstring might have been the ligature. Idk half of my sweatshirts no longer have the drawstring. In my car, I always have items that could be used as a ligature tho for me they serve other purposes, lol.
Could a drawstring really get the job done? I would think it would tear the skin and eventually break.

Thanks. Surely someone was in the home taking care of the baby while they had MF in the garage.

MOO if you look at the video while she was in the garage, through the trees, it looks as ?possibly? the baby was near her feet. Not clear, but something is there. Perhaps the baby? In a swing or ??? Dunno, but I see something but cannot define.InsideEditionMF.JPG But I will state that I don't believe it's just the concrete garage floor. MOO

Perhaps @grayhuze could help us? He is very good at such MOO

ETA: @Gardenista has shown that this interview was in the back yard 10 feet from car.. see below posts. I'm swimming upstream to correct this post

Last edited:
MOO if you look at the video while she was in the garage, through the trees, it looks as ?possibly? the baby was near her feet. Not clear, but something is there. Perhaps the baby? In a swing or ??? Dunno, but I see something but cannot define.View attachment 222839 But I will state that I don't believe it's just the concrete garage floor. MOO

Perhaps @grayhuze could help us? He is very good at such MOO

Not that it's a big deal, but that's a covered porch, not the garage.

You can see interior and exterior photos of the home here

8118 Bo Jack Dr, Houston, TX 77040

Could a drawstring really get the job done? I would think it would tear the skin and eventually break.
So she strangled her with the drawstring, then put the drawstring back into her hoodie? I don't know about you, but whenever I've tried to reinsert a drawstring, it's been a time-consuming and swearing-inducing job. I'm going to guess she used something else.

This may have already been answered, but did they go in and get the baby while they were talking to her but prior to the search warrant?

In the last press conference Detectve Herries gave a timeline of events:

*"This current week a lead was generated" that created an interest in the Houston area - *12/19 Federal, State, and local rsources deployed to that area and began to investigate a residence there.
*An individual was encountered outside of that residence who was detained - attached (via Dixiegirl) appears to be MF on her covered patio speaking to LE
SmartSelect_20191229-200649_Chrome.jpg
*As the evening progressed a search warrant was signed and issued for both vehicle(s) and the residence. Sort of confusing the way he states "both vehicles".
*"During that search we located a baby"
*As search continued they located a female they believed to be Heidi
*One person was arrested and charged with 2 counts of kidnapping and 1 count tampering

Edited to add a photo of the back of the house where MF was sitting (via Gardenista)
Screenshot_20191230-110959_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
This is a common misperception. Lesser charges were included; Casey Anthony could have been convicted of second degree murder or manslaughter. That case was a travesty, was handled badly by the judge IMO, and the jury did not do their job. If this link works, it's a copy of the jury instructions, which are very clear.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...Vaw2dwOOcZ1-Q4L6rNNbu7JSk&cshid=1577658313716

The cases I've watched (in multiple states) have been consistent in including lesser charges, and I have the impression that is more common than not.

I don't think the prosecution will have any trouble getting a conviction in this case. I can't imagine what kind of case the defense could present.

Yes, I have repeatedly seen this and I don't know where the misconception comes from. There were charges down to just child neglect, and they refused to convict on any of them. That jury was tired of being sequestered and didn't want to deal with a further sentencing phase. It is the only conclusion to be drawn from that. They had lots of choices.

So she strangled her with the drawstring, then put the drawstring back into her hoodie? I don't know about you, but whenever I've tried to reinsert a drawstring, it's been a time-consuming and swearing-inducing job. I'm going to guess she used something else.
In ger mugshot, MF appears to have two hoodies on, one didn't appear to have a drawstring.

Try and think like a criminal defense attorney LOL
I mean look at what Jose Baez came up with- a hideous defense that had no basis in fact that the judge allowed to fly----

Well, most defense attorneys come up with hideous defenses that have no basis in fact haha. I see it every single day.

It may just be me but i’m Not seeing the parallel between MF and CA. MF Is a 33 years old grown woman, already having been married before for quite some time, and who by HB’s own words was a best friend for more than 1/2 their lives,Who she chose to have with her during the birth of her child. I think it’s Going to be extremely difficult for MF to play a sympathy card here.
My opinion is that this case is more parallel to JA. And I have faith that MF’s fate will be much the same as JA.

No parallel btwn the actual women - but a defense attorney in opening statement making up anything he wants without any eventual facts backing it up..its something we have seen before.

her red sweatshirt is missing the drawstring.
Oh I don’t have the patience to thread one back thru.

I was looking a bit earlier for where it said that MF had claimed the baby in her home was her own baby... and I ran across an article where, for the first time I had read it, but perhaps others already knew this(?) - it said the call to the home originated from a request to do a 'welfare check' at the home. It says a 'volunteer fire department' responded to the call - somehow from there, police became involved. ???

So depending on what the circumstances of the 'welfare check' were (ie was it because someone heard an infant crying incessantly? Because MF was not responding to peoples' phonecalls/texts? Because neighbors heard yelling? Because a neighbor heard a baby crying over a long period of time and knew that MF did not have a baby??, etc.) Personally I cannot imagine that police would not have entered the home if they had any knowledge of a baby being in any kind of distress, or any suspicion of HB's baby being there, even without a warrant. (I know that here they are allowed to enter without a warrant if police believe a life is in imminent danger, surely it is the same in the USA?)

If they had MF in the garage on the back deck for hours, and meanwhile that poor infant was alone in the home, surely she would have cried at some point during those hours, which also would have undoubtedly prompted police to go in to check?

Broussard and her three-week-old baby disappeared on Dec. 12, last seen in South Austin. More than a week later, a volunteer fire department responded to a Houston-area home for a welfare check.

Baby Margo to be released from CPS to family, says grandfather at South Austin vigil for Heidi Broussard

In the garage back-deck photo posted upthread from inside edition, I'm pretty sure it shows MF smoking a cigarette. I believe the thing in front of her, are her own legs. Also note the garage back deck has Christmas lights. All set for baby's first Christmas!
MF smoking in garage w cop insideedition compressed.png

Last edited:
Usually it's not a good idea for the defense to give the jury a story of what happened that they cannot backup with evidence.

Unless the defense wins during jury selection and gets people who don't understand what reasonable doubt really means.

I was called for jury duty once and during voir dire I was questioned about what reasonable doubt meant. After giving my thoughts on it the defense attorney gave me the boot. Kind of a clue on what caliber of juror the defense was looking for.

Hopefully a fair and just jury will be assembled in this case. JMO

This is an excellent point. I ALWAYS lecture on what reasonable doubt means during jury selection. And then I follow up with a handful of questions relating to it. And I always end up kicking one or two people who I don't think can truly comprehend and/or follow the law based on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kat1970