TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, Fnd Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Fnd Alive, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They wouldn't have risked MF harming herself and/or the baby, imo. I was under the impression CPS had removed the baby earlier, but if it was after dark maybe CPS people were with her?

No. they would not but if CPS not at the scene, I think LE would allow MF back in accompanied by LE. An officer could attend to the baby, imo. Big thing was to keep MF from fleeing or disturbing the scene. Moo

I agree and if the draw string came from the red hoodie she wouldn't still be wearing it in the mug shot. It would be evidence. jmo

I must say that is so wierd that we see her being interviewed with that hoodie on, then she wore it later in court. How long and when exactly was her court appearance. Wasn't it days later?

I must say that is so wierd that we see her being interviewed with that hoodie on, then she wore it later in court. How long and when exactly was her court appearance. Wasn't it days later?

She was taken into custody wearing it. So that’s all she had to wear for court, imo.
She appeared in court the day after her arrest, which was Friday, 12/20.

I'm not sure, but if she was taken into custody wearing those clothes, they could presumably have been the only non-prison attire she had to wear when she attended court? If that is the case, then it might suggest that MF has no family support, since surely a family member would've brought her some fresh clothing in which to attend any court appearances? imo.

At the time when officials first received the 'welfare check' request, they may have had no idea that it involved HB or her baby, or a kidnapping, or a murder, or any risk at all.. otherwise, they would've sent police and not 'volunteer firefighters', imho. It seems like this whole thing must have unfolded right while this 'welfare check' was being done, and it just kept going from there?

Good post, and to add to what you are saying, I wonder if the homeowner (another possible "victim" of MF") let CPS in the front door, possibly while MF is out back on a smoke break, and homeowner and/or CPS were already inside with the baby when LE showed up. In my neck of the woods sometimes CPS shows up without LE backup, but mostly shows up with LE backup, not because of a crime in progress necessarily, but to enforce custody rights most often.

It's always interesting in a high profile case which media outlets are kids gloves as to info and/or interviews. Those perhaps are ones which want their parent company to do a movie/2 hour special so don't throw hardballs anymore? Will be interesting as I always try to find in each high profile case which media outlet is continuing to be unbiased.

Even the media outlets that have these photos of her on the back porch don't point it out, why? It's major information that has taken a while to get even here.

MOO
It took us ages to realize what we were looking at, perhaps they haven't figured it out yet either?

I'm not sure, but if she was taken into custody wearing those clothes, they could presumably have been the only non-prison attire she had to wear when she attended court? If that is the case, then it might suggest that MF has no family support, since surely a family member would've brought her some fresh clothing in which to attend any court appearances? imo.

I doubt anyone had time to bring an outfit. She was hauled into court with everyone on the docket it looked like. She wasn’t having a trial so she had no reason to dress or do her hair (lol). She knew in her mind she was not going home, I think.

Good post, and to add to what you are saying, I wonder if the homeowner (another possible "victim" of MF") let CPS in the front door, possibly while MF is out back on a smoke break, and homeowner and/or CPS were already inside with the baby when LE showed up. In my neck of the woods sometimes CPS shows up without LE backup, but mostly shows up with LE backup, not because of a crime in progress necessarily, but to enforce custody rights most often.

dbm

Last edited:
Yes, an article I read earlier today said two vehicles were present at the home, so does this indicate that CG was also home at the time when police showed up? That would certainly explain a few things! Then they had to wait for a warrant to actually remove the baby from the home (since the occupants were claiming her as their own child), and to look inside the vehicles (and hopefully their cellphones, etc).. that all makes sense. I wonder what it was that the initial 'volunteer firefighters' on scene to do the 'welfare check' noticed, that brought this whole thing further and further to light?

LE could do nothing but bide their time (and MF’s) until they had SW evidently.
Is it possible MF explained to the TX Ranger watching over her that her newborn was inside & shortly after photo was snapped they went in? Moo

At the time when officials first received the 'welfare check' request, they may have had no idea that it involved HB or her baby, or a kidnapping, or a murder, or any risk at all.. otherwise, they would've sent police and not 'volunteer firefighters', imho. It seems like this whole thing must have unfolded right while this 'welfare check' was being done, and it just kept going from there?

Dunno. But IIRC, @PommyMommy or someone else did a post that was removed early in the day. And then hours later, it happened as the post said. I'm not sure, as I wasn't online when it was posted and deleted, but whoever posted it and the media were on top of it hours prior.

MOO

Last edited:
imo everything depends on which article we read. (This article says baby found around 11pm)

Autopsy confirms missing Texas mom Heidi Broussard was strangled

According to NBC News, Cy-Fair Volunteer Fire Department public information officer Lt. Daniel Arizpe confirmed a 1-month-old infant was found safe at the home just before 11 p.m., but the child’s identity has not been released.
Arizpe said a call from Child Protective Services for a welfare check at the address prompted the investigative activity. The child, who was transported to a local hospital, had no obvious injuries, the network reported.

I was looking a bit earlier for where it said that MF had claimed the baby in her home was her own baby... and I ran across an article where, for the first time I had read it, but perhaps others already knew this(?) - it said the call to the home originated from a request to do a 'welfare check' at the home. It says a 'volunteer fire department' responded to the call - somehow from there, police became involved. ???

So depending on what the circumstances of the 'welfare check' were (ie was it because someone heard an infant crying incessantly? Because MF was not responding to peoples' phonecalls/texts? Because neighbors heard yelling? Because a neighbor heard a baby crying over a long period of time and knew that MF did not have a baby??, etc.) Personally I cannot imagine that police would not have entered the home if they had any knowledge of a baby being in any kind of distress, or any suspicion of HB's baby being there, even without a warrant. (I know that here they are allowed to enter without a warrant if police believe a life is in imminent danger, surely it is the same in the USA?)

If they had MF in the garage on the back deck for hours, and meanwhile that poor infant was alone in the home, surely she would have cried at some point during those hours, which also would have undoubtedly prompted police to go in to check?

Broussard and her three-week-old baby disappeared on Dec. 12, last seen in South Austin. More than a week later, a volunteer fire department responded to a Houston-area home for a welfare check.

Baby Margo to be released from CPS to family, says grandfather at South Austin vigil for Heidi Broussard

In the garage back-deck photo posted upthread from inside edition, I'm pretty sure it shows MF smoking a cigarette. I believe the thing in front of her, are her own legs. Also note the garage back deck has Christmas lights. All set for baby's first Christmas!
View attachment 222843

It depends what article you read. My interpretation is that CPS was already at the house and called the fire department to do a physical evaluation of the baby. It's a little convoluted with different opinions and was discussed a bit in previous threads.

Jessica Willey Retweeted Jessica Willey
3rd UPDATE: ME removed a body from location tonight. BUT Cy-Fair VFD confirms Medic 10 responded to the house this afternoon for a 1-month-old female. Call came from CPS, who requested an evaluation. She had no obvious injuries but went to hospital for evaluation.

Tulsi Kamath‏ @tulsi_kamath
Tulsi Kamath Retweeted KPRC 2 Houston

Earlier in the day CPS called the Cy-Fair Fire Department to the home. A 1-month-old baby was found with "no visible signs of distress." The baby was transported to a hospital for treatment. #KPRC2

It's still unclear to me whether the initial "tip" originated with a call to CPS or if LE zeroed in on the house/location from information they got from camera surveillance/vehicles. JMO. Hopefully we'll get clarification in the coming weeks. Some of the reporting has been sloppy and one confusing word - like "prompted the investigative activity" versus "prompted the (medical) evaluation" can potentially get reported as fact and then takes off. So who knows.

Yes, an article I read earlier today said two vehicles were present at the home, so does this indicate that CG was also home at the time when police showed up?
Have you checked to see who owns the black car? Or better yet, who does not? (3 cars in my drive, but I’m the only person here)
but whoever posted it and the media were on top of it hours prior.
It did seem activity started earlier in the day but being Houston V Austin, it took some time for the link to be made. Moo

Last edited:
if LE zeroed in on the house/location from information they got from camera surveillance/vehicles.

I think it went down this way. Do you?
Again, per MQ, LE questioned SC about MF. Is it possible she was on their radar and they could not find her? Iirc, her car/license do not reflect her Bo Jacks address. Moo

Dunno. But IIRC, @PommyMommy or someone else did a post that was removed early in the day. And then hours later, it happened as the post said. I'm not sure, as wasn't online when it was posted and deleted, but whoever posted it and the media were on top of it hours prior.

MOO
It was me. ;)

The YouTube that was scheduled to go live hours later, announcing a major break in the case, was posted by Tony Plohetski, Investigative reporter, Austin American-Statesman and KVUE-TV.

TX - TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #5

Last edited:
imo everything depends on which article we read. (This article says baby found around 11pm)

Autopsy confirms missing Texas mom Heidi Broussard was strangled

According to NBC News, Cy-Fair Volunteer Fire Department public information officer Lt. Daniel Arizpe confirmed a 1-month-old infant was found safe at the home just before 11 p.m., but the child’s identity has not been released.
Arizpe said a call from Child Protective Services for a welfare check at the address prompted the investigative activity. The child, who was transported to a local hospital, had no obvious injuries, the network reported.

CPS doesn't routinely do random welfare checks, police do them and they will call CPS if they are needed to arrange foster care or to make a report. Same with child abuse found during a medical incident or when a parent is arrested and no one can be called to take the children.

"Federal, State, and local resources deployed to that area" after information/tip - Det Henries

I highly doubt three law enforcement agencies, including Austin PD, would show up for a welfare check 150 miles away - they were there with very solid information IMO but had to wait for search warrants to be signed to forcibly enter. At some point during the search CPS had to be called to place/process Margot, and an ambulance to transport her to hospital..

They knew there was a solid connection to Heidi before they ever made contact with MF on Thursday, IMO

Remember, they did not say when their tip came in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faefawn