TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, Fnd Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Fnd Alive, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking a bit earlier for where it said that MF had claimed the baby in her home was her own baby... and I ran across an article where, for the first time I had read it, but perhaps others already knew this(?) - it said the call to the home originated from a request to do a 'welfare check' at the home. It says a 'volunteer fire department' responded to the call - somehow from there, police became involved. ???

So depending on what the circumstances of the 'welfare check' were (ie was it because someone heard an infant crying incessantly? Because MF was not responding to peoples' phonecalls/texts? Because neighbors heard yelling? Because a neighbor heard a baby crying over a long period of time and knew that MF did not have a baby??, etc.) Personally I cannot imagine that police would not have entered the home if they had any knowledge of a baby being in any kind of distress, or any suspicion of HB's baby being there, even without a warrant. (I know that here they are allowed to enter without a warrant if police believe a life is in imminent danger, surely it is the same in the USA?)

If they had MF in the garage on the back deck for hours, and meanwhile that poor infant was alone in the home, surely she would have cried at some point during those hours, which also would have undoubtedly prompted police to go in to check?

Broussard and her three-week-old baby disappeared on Dec. 12, last seen in South Austin. More than a week later, a volunteer fire department responded to a Houston-area home for a welfare check.

Baby Margo to be released from CPS to family, says grandfather at South Austin vigil for Heidi Broussard

In the garage back-deck photo posted upthread from inside edition, I'm pretty sure it shows MF smoking a cigarette. I believe the thing in front of her, are her own legs. Also note the garage back deck has Christmas lights. All set for baby's first Christmas!
View attachment 222843

Who was yelling? 2 women, a man and woman? What time was the yelling? Was HB recently deceased when LE arrived? I guess we'll get the real answers at trial. Some of those drawstrings are pretty darned thick. Could it still have been around HB's neck?

Eta Bolded and enlarged by me.

Last edited:
FWIW

Jessica Willey‏Verified account @ImJessicaWilley
Jessica Willey Retweeted Jessica Willey

3rd UPDATE: ME removed a body from location tonight. BUT Cy-Fair VFD confirms Medic 10 responded to the house this afternoon for a 1-month-old female. Call came from CPS, who requested an evaluation. She had no obvious injuries but went to hospital for evaluation.

Jessica Willey added,

Jessica WilleyVerified account @ImJessicaWilley
UPDATE: According to online records and a source, the car investigators are interested in, is registered to someone Heidi Broussard knows. Broussard and her 3-week old daughter have been missing since December 12th. Jessica Willey on Twitter
10:26 PM - 19 Dec 2019 from Bellaire, TX

At one point Thursday, ABC13 counted about two dozen officers and agents at the home.

An Eyewitness News crew waited for what was believed to be a warrant service. Then, around 8:15 p.m., there was movement, with law enforcement going into the house.

But authorities seemed to be more focused on a car in the driveway in the back. SkyEye13 was overhead earlier in the day, and a Nissan was seen parked up close to the house.

Through online records and a source, we learned the car investigators were interested in is registered to Fieramusca.

A neighbor told ABC13 police asked her Thursday night whether she remembers any movement here on that day. The only official response from the FBI is a vague statement: "The FBI is lawfully present at the location conducting a law enforcement operation."
https://abc13.com/body-of-austin-mom-found-in-car-trunk-near-
houston/5770521/

*brought this forward as it mentions the time LE entered the home.

Thanks. I assume this is in the media thread, and we indeed can see/verify from media footage that there was indeed at least that many LE in the afternoon. And 8:15 (before SW?) would jive with the video we have with Margo being removed from the house when it was dark/after sunset.

I had thought SW was around ~11 pm, but either way, all jives. Thanks

It is likely LE froze the house while the SW was being drawn up and issued. They can do that; it means they hold the occupant(s) outside so nothing inside the home can be tampered with. I don't have an answer as to where the baby was during this time; it's possible CPS had already responded and taken her? But as for MF just sitting out there while they talked to her, it's likely the house was under a freeze at that point.

Agree that that is what happened. MOO

Thanks. I assume this is in the media thread, and we indeed can see/verify from media footage that there was indeed at least that many LE in the afternoon. And 8:15 (before SW?) would jive with the video we have with Margo being removed from the house when it was dark/after sunset.

I had thought SW was around ~11 pm, but either way, all jives. Thanks

but see post 682 from @gliving

CNN) The body of a woman found in a Houston-area home has been identified as missing Austin, Texas, mother Heidi Broussard, officials said Friday. The woman had been strangled in the trunk of a vehicle, the Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences said.Dec 21, 2019
Heidi Broussard: Woman's body found in the search for ...

https://www.cnn.com › 2019/12/20 › heidi-broussard-missing-austin-woman

(I swear every report I read or watch has a different version. I’m finding more reports HB was found in the home v trunk) moo

smh & totally confused

If I'm reading the above posts correctly, Medic-10 was called and arrived in the afternoon but baby Margo wasn't removed from the house and transported to the hospital for evaluation until the evening approximately 8:15 pm.

I wonder why the delay?

With many people saying that MF "looked" pregnant and even had the "pregnant waddle" it made me think of a medical condition. I am not sure if one can induce it them self or not. BUT there are 2 versions.
There is Phantom pregnancy also known as pseudocyesis, It's an uncommon condition that causes a woman to believe she's pregnant. She'll even have many classic symptoms of pregnancy.

Then there is delusional pregnancy. The delusion of pregnancy is defined as the belief of being pregnant despite factual evidence to the contrary.

This was just something that crossed my mind when everyone said she "faked" being pregnant. with phantom pregnancy you appear to be pregnant and it can last up to 9 months. she may have been aware she wasn't, but I am just putting this information out there as something to think about.

Pseudocyesis Versus Delusion of Pregnancy: Differential Diagnoses to be Kept in Mind
Her condition would have to be even more severe than either of those because then she would also have to believe she went thru birth and had a baby girl she believes is her own. Not seeing phantom pregnancy fitting but yes she could be very delusional. But moo is that she’s a sociopath and knowingly planned this all out and wanted what she could not have.

Forgive me and disregard if this has been thoroughly discussed, but does anyone have a thought on what "tampering with corpse" could indicate? Didn't it also say something about attempting to destroy evidence? Just exactly what, in this case, could that consist of? Is there anything MF could have done to decrease the pungency of the odor? All just my imagination, no research.

So if my tired memory is correct:

April 2018: MF has a series of traffic/vehicular violations
August 2018: MF arrested for stealing $5k (dismissed)
May 2019: MF announces her pregnancy
Dec. 2019: abducts HB/Margo

So we might conclude late 2017 early ‘18 MF begins having “issues”. Obviously her car was not in order prior to her resulting charges. Moo

Forgive me and disregard if this has been thoroughly discussed, but does anyone have a thought on what "tampering with corpse" could indicate? Didn't it also say something about attempting to destroy evidence? Just exactly what, in this case, could that consist of? Is there anything MF could have done to decrease the pungency of the odor? All just my imagination, no research.

Tampering with a corpse, MOO, means she did not die of an accidental death while in the trunk of the MF's car that was 10 feet away from her during an interview. MOO

Texas Penal Code § 37.09. Tampering With or Fabricating Physical Evidence

(2) observes a human corpse under circumstances in which a reasonable person would believe that an offense had been committed, knows or reasonably should know that a law enforcement agency is not aware of the existence of or location of the corpse, and fails to report the existence of and location of the corpse to a law enforcement agency.
Texas Penal Code § 37.09 | FindLaw

1) A person commits tampering with a deceased human body if, believing that an official proceeding is pending, in progress, or about to be instituted and acting without legal right or authority, the person willfully destroys, mutilates, conceals, removes, or alters a human body, part of a human body, or human remains ...
§ 18-8-610.5. Tampering with a deceased human body :: 2016 ...

https://law.justia.com › codes › title-18 › article-8 › part-6 › section-18-8-610
That's a Colorado statute.

That's a Colorado statute.

I know but I think uniform, do you not?
I could not find “tampering with corpse” for TX. I can find dif’ language statute that includes corpse.

Texas Penal Code § 37.09 | FindLaw

2) observes a human corpse under circumstances in which a reasonable person would believe that an offense had been committed, knows or reasonably should know that a law enforcement agency is not aware of the existence of or location of the corpse, and fails to report the existence of and location of the corpse to a law enforcement agency.

(e) In this section, “human corpse” has the meaning assigned by Section 42.08 .
[paste:font size="4"]Section 42.08 of the Texas Penal Code.

(a) A person commits an offense if the person, without legal authority, knowingly:

(1) disinters, disturbs, damages, dissects, in whole or in part, carries away, or treats in an offensive manner a human corpse;

(2) conceals a human corpse knowing it to be illegally disinterred;

(3) sells or buys a human corpse or in any way traffics in a human corpse;

(4) transmits or conveys, or procures to be transmitted or conveyed, a human corpse to a place outside the state; or

(5) vandalizes, damages, or treats in an offensive manner the space in which a human corpse has been interred or otherwise permanently laid to rest.

Last edited:
Having nightmares of the Casey Anthony verdict. <shudder> It only takes one juror to hang the whole process and one influential juror to put that doubt into the others’ minds. I do think we could see another José Baez style defense so I just hope for smarter jurors.

Unless the MF jurors are sequestered the way the anthony jurors were, I’m not worried.

There was no way after being prisoners for seven weeks that they were going to convict her of anything that would necessitate a sentencing phase and more time as prisoners.

Everyone always brings up that anomalous case as a cautionary tale but there are a few things to remember about it. One is that the unnecessarily severe sequestration conditions led to a jury eager to do whatever it took to go home. Since that case such sequestration has become increasingly rare. (They couldn’t call home without supervision. No internet. No tv except three cable channels, two of which were shopping network channels. No newspapers. Pre-approved movies only. They couldn’t go to the pool or hotel bar. They could only see their families on Sunday afternoons at a picnic area, supervised.)

To add to that point I s that contrary to popular belief, there were multiple charges they could have found her guilty of (sorry for that grammar there) but didn’t, likely because they couldn’t take another day:

1st degree murder
Second degree
3rd degree felony murder
Aggravated manslaughter of a child
Aggravated child abuse
Child abuse

Not even child abuse, folks.

Second is that casey Anthony is the exception that proves the rule. The rule being jurors aren’t stupid and tend to do their jobs diligently and guilty people don’t go free.

Every case we have, the handwringing starts “But what about casey Anthony?” (I’m guilty of it myself until I force myself to examine the issue).

But the fact that that and OJ are the only cases where the verdict was shockingly wrong despite tons of evidence, among thousands of high profile cases we examine here, shows the reality of the situation for defendants like MF.

Two cases. Both with good explanations for the outcomes.

I’m not worried in this case.

Who was yelling? 2 women, a man and woman? What time was the yelling? Was HB recently deceased when LE arrived? I guess we'll get the real answers at trial. Some of those drawstrings are pretty darned thick. Could it still have been around HB's neck?

Eta Bolded and enlarged by me.
I didn't say anyone was yelling. There is a question mark because I was suggesting possibilities. This is what I said, and my purpose was in wondering what the circumstances were, of the request for a welfare check at the home, because to me, police would have entered the home to check the infant if there was any concern whatsoever about risk to an infant or a kidnapped person being inside:

deugirtni said:
I was looking a bit earlier for where it said that MF had claimed the baby in her home was her own baby... and I ran across an article where, for the first time I had read it, but perhaps others already knew this(?) - it said the call to the home originated from a request to do a 'welfare check' at the home. It says a 'volunteer fire department' responded to the call - somehow from there, police became involved. ???

So depending on what the circumstances of the 'welfare check' were (ie was it because someone heard an infant crying incessantly? Because MF was not responding to peoples' phonecalls/texts? Because neighbors heard yelling? Because a neighbor heard a baby crying over a long period of time and knew that MF did not have a baby??, etc.) Personally I cannot imagine that police would not have entered the home if they had any knowledge of a baby being in any kind of distress, or any suspicion of HB's baby being there, even without a warrant. (I know that here they are allowed to enter without a warrant if police believe a life is in imminent danger, surely it is the same in the USA?)

If they had MF in the garage on the back deck for hours, and meanwhile that poor infant was alone in the home, surely she would have cried at some point during those hours, which also would have undoubtedly prompted police to go in to check?

Broussard and her three-week-old baby disappeared on Dec. 12, last seen in South Austin. More than a week later, a volunteer fire department responded to a Houston-area home for a welfare check.

Baby Margo to be released from CPS to family, says grandfather at South Austin vigil for Heidi Broussard

In the garage back-deck photo posted upthread from inside edition, I'm pretty sure it shows MF smoking a cigarette. I believe the thing in front of her, are her own legs. Also note the garage back deck has Christmas lights. All set for baby's first Christmas!
View attachment 222843

Not really the ideal but given the circumstances, I'm not comfortable questioning the actions of a grieving family that obviously don't want to let baby Margo out of their site.

This was not a random infant in attendance but an infant that was kidnapped, rescued, turned over to CPS, and placed in a foster home -- all before the agency dropped its claim and allowed the baby reunited with her family. I also doubt any of HB's family or friends protested Margo's attendance. MOO

Seriously. I would never let that baby go again. Poor little mite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiteCamo