TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, Fnd Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Fnd Alive, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
DEC 19, updated DEC 20, 2019
Infant found at Harris Co. home as authorities investigate missing Austin mom Heidi Broussard & baby
According to Cy-Fair Fire Department spokesperson Lt. Daniel Arizpe, Child Protective Services called CFFD to the home at 10:56 p.m. Thursday night. Arizpe says a one-month baby girl was found with “no obvious injuries or problems” and was taken to an area hospital.

And then this:

ABC 13 reports that authorities conducted a “high profile investigation” at a home off of Bo Jack Drive in NW Harris County. Investigators secured the area with crime scene tape and were specifically concentrating on a Nissan parked in the driveway. The car reportedly belongs to someone that Heidi knows.

At around 8:15 p.m., authorities entered the residence.

Update: Suspect arrested for kidnapping Heidi Broussard was a ‘close friend’ who pretended to be pregnant at same time, police say

DEC 19, updated DEC 20, 2019
Infant found at Harris Co. home as authorities investigate missing Austin mom Heidi Broussard & baby
According to Cy-Fair Fire Department spokesperson Lt. Daniel Arizpe, Child Protective Services called CFFD to the home at 10:56 p.m. Thursday night. Arizpe says a one-month baby girl was found with “no obvious injuries or problems” and was taken to an area hospital.

Crazy, we can find one report and two to contradict it.
I feel like all I know is HB is deceased, Margo is well, MF in custody. Moo

And then this:

ABC 13 reports that authorities conducted a “high profile investigation” at a home off of Bo Jack Drive in NW Harris County. Investigators secured the area with crime scene tape and were specifically concentrating on a Nissan parked in the driveway. The car reportedly belongs to someone that Heidi knows.

At around 8:15 p.m., authorities entered the residence.

Update: Suspect arrested for kidnapping Heidi Broussard was a ‘close friend’ who pretended to be pregnant at same time, police say
Yes. Authorities, meaning law enforcement, IMO.

What could that doubt possibly be? Been trying to think of how she and her proud defense attorneys could provide a reasonable defense and explanation as to how MF was last seen with HB and then found to just so happen to have her deceased body in the trunk of her car in the backyard of her home and HB’s baby in her possession? I can’t seem to come up with a scenario that could provide a reason to doubt. JMO

And pretended...INSISTED...the baby was hers.

Oh he can try insanity. But even though I think she’s definitely insane, she would never reach the legs threshold IMO. Not a chance. There’s no guilty but mentally ill option in TX which would allow her treatment instead of LWOP and to find her not guilty by reason of insanity the defense has to prove she was so insane she didn’t know what she was doing or didn’t know it was illegal.

That doesn’t work in cases where someone covers up the crime. Not in this day and age.

Neighbors on Bo Jack Drive say it’s a quiet neighborhood, and every person KXAN’s Candy Rodriguez talked to was shocked something like this could happen in the area.

“When we found out the Texas Rangers were involved, it got a little more important to us,” Darryl Ehlert said. He has lived in the neighborhood for 35 years.

“I didn’t know what to think,” he said.

Ehlert said APD asked for surveillance footage from his doorbell camera, and specifically law enforcement wanted to know if a black SUV drove by Thursday night. Ehlert said his footage didn’t show one.

Darla Bundick also lives in the neighborhood, and when she talked to Rodriguez, she got emotional.
Missing mom found dead near Houston, baby daughter safe, longtime friend arrested
So did MF use the black suv to pick Heidi up, transferring her to the silver car?
Since the silver car was not legal, it’d make more sense (if any can be made) if she drove a car with insurance and no outstanding citations. Moo

Well, never say never, lol. Nancy Grace (if defense) could weave a pretty good tale, imo.
I think in this case all the attorney can suggest is MF saved baby M from the real killer, didn’t know what to do, feared for her life, etc. maybe come up with a mystery car-jacker or some other bizarre explanation. JMO

and there is the mental competency issue that might factor in: again, moo

https://www.texasappleseed.org/sites/default/files/Mental_Health_Handbook_Printed2015.pdf

CONFIRM THAT AN ACTUAL CASE HAS BEEN FILED AGAINST YOUR CLIENT
Your client’s case may be delayed by the fact that formal charges were never filed against your client. While this does not happen often, there are circumstances where “defendants” are placed in jail without any charges actually being filed. In many counties, without direct filing, a person may languish for a long period with no charge having been filed, yet a competency exam is ordered and, on many occasions, the person is sent to the state hospital—to be “restored” with regard to a case that does not yet exist! Please confirm that a case has been filed to avoid delays.

Mental competency has to do with fitness to stand trial. The most a competency issue can due to delay trial. It won’t lead to her going free.

Nice find.
Texas Rangers babysitting pending warrant, I would imagine.
I wonder how she behaved in their presence, whether she was still trying to maintain the facade of 'helpfulness' or was it too close for comfort and did she betray herself?

I can’t wait to find out. The little we can see of her body language sort of looks relaxed to me.

I'll bet Mr Fieramusca has some interesting stories to tell. Hopefully, we'll hear from him as things progress. Being into the psych side of things, I'd like to know about her entire life. Probably a gold mine of info there.

Me too. I really like the true crime books that delve into who they are. Who they were. What they came from.

Some of the ones that do that well are the Münchausen syndrome by proxy cases. I am always interested in hearing about their backgrounds and possibly what led up to them being who they became and doing what they did.

IIRC, the prosecution only gave that jury the choice of first degree murder which tied the hands of the jurors in case any thought Caylee's death was accidental, as in if she'd been drugged while Casey went to party and Caylee ended up dying. For me, that was a fatal mistake on the part of that prosecution. I know in some murder cases, jurors have a choice to convict on 1st, 2nd or manslaughter. I don't know how that works in various states. Some may allow that leeway and others not. In Texas, this will be capital murder (kidnapping + murder), both charges for which they have evidence. If someone was involved in the kidnapping, they would also be guilty of the murder, even if they weren't the one who strangled Heidi so even if TX allows for conviction on a lesser charge, I don't think it would be relevant because the kidnapping demands the capital murder charge. We know that Heidi and Margo were kidnapped and we know that Heidi was strangled. With Caylee, I don't think they even had cause of death. IOW, this is a much more solid case and there is video.

That didn’t happen though. It’s a common misconception because a lot of “experts” (read: former defense attorneys who became tv pundits) kept feeding that to the media. But it’s untrue:

Casey Anthony verdict options (Besides lying to authorities):

1st degree murder

Second degree

3rd degree felony murder

Aggravated manslaughter of a child

Aggravated child abuse

Child abuse

Straight from the very detailed jury instructions which were both read and issued to the jury.

https://malagaaunike.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/28440627jury-instructions-casey-anthony-trial.pdf

And when they charge this monster MF with murder there will be other options for the jury as well. So we don’t have to worry.

So if my tired memory is correct:

April 2018: MF has a series of traffic/vehicular violations
August 2018: MF arrested for stealing $5k (dismissed)
May 2019: MF announces her pregnancy
Dec. 2019: abducts HB/Margo

So we might conclude late 2017 early ‘18 MF begins having “issues”. Obviously her car was not in order prior to her resulting charges. Moo
Quoting myself to bring these dates forward. CG’s mom said MF had lived in the house for about two years. Seems MF started having legal trouble about two years ago.
I’m considering she moved in as a tenant, possibly did pay for a few months causing inability to pay for her auto insurance and potentially motivating her to steal from her employer. Prior to Bo Jacks residency it seems she had no legal problems. Yes, I realize she must have had a sexual encounter with her landlord since he thought she was having his baby.
......bizarre.

Me too. I really like the true crime books that delve into who they are. Who they were. What they came from.

Some of the ones that do that well are the Münchausen syndrome by proxy cases. I am always interested in hearing about their backgrounds and possibly what led up to them being who they became and doing what they did.

I believe what MF was capable of and followed through with did not transpire overnight. Reportedly, there was something off about MF even as a child/preteen that made HB's mother uncomfortable. How heartbreaking for this mother knowing her intuition was correct.

This is a common misperception. Lesser charges were included; Casey Anthony could have been convicted of second degree murder or manslaughter. That case was a travesty, was handled badly by the judge IMO, and the jury did not do their job. If this link works, it's a copy of the jury instructions, which are very clear.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...Vaw2dwOOcZ1-Q4L6rNNbu7JSk&cshid=1577658313716

The cases I've watched (in multiple states) have been consistent in including lesser charges, and I have the impression that is more common than not.

I don't think the prosecution will have any trouble getting a conviction in this case. I can't imagine what kind of case the defense could present.

I should have read ahead before posting! Thanks for this.

In his zeal to provide a fair trial to the defense so the conviction would stick, Perry blew it. You could see the shock on his face as he scanned through the the verdict form and found not one guilty for any of the six possible charges that would’ve enabled prison.

I think the state did a good job. I didn’t like that they passed over obvious motive (the new boyfriend didn’t want kids and if he did he wanted a boy), but maybe they didn’t have the evidence necessary to show that motive. And ultimately it wouldn’t have mattered. The jury wanted to go home.

Happily, judges have learned from it and even in the few cases where the jury is still sequestered they try to make it less severe.

I’m pretty confident we will see homicide charges here and that we will see a guilty verdict.

I believe what MF was capable of and followed through with did not transpire overnight. Reportedly, there was something off about MF even as a child/preteen that made HB's mother uncomfortable. How heartbreaking for this mother knowing her intuition was correct.

Oooh! Any links you can throw me will make me very happy!

Interesting - I hadn't read about this one.

yea and she also had it on in court for her vehicular violations. Idk why the jail didn’t supply a uniform/jumpsuit. Moo. Perhaps they made her change before court so she could transfer.
Moo

Traffic court wouldn't merit a jumpsuit, but I bet she's got one now.

I must say that is so wierd that we see her being interviewed with that hoodie on, then she wore it later in court. How long and when exactly was her court appearance. Wasn't it days later?

Speaking as a fellow Texan, who does not own a coat, and would have to scrounge for a sweatshirt, it's not weird to wear it multiple days in a row as a top layer. It's just not worth investing in warm clothes here, even less so in Houston. Most of us look like something out of the Fisher King if it gets cold here - we just put on everything we own.

PS - I drove to Houston and back today to pick up a prototype (and tamales), and I studied two things - the "bodies of water" between here and there - I took the route I believe they took and my destination took me within a few miles of the house - and the only body of water reachable by pulling off the road to throw something into unless you are an MLB pitcher would be the Brazos River, south side on the eastbound route. Easy pull off, nothing around, no one would think anything of someone pulling over there. If she did toss HB's keys and phone into water on the way to Houston, that's my best guess. Which makes me wonder if she was killed prior to that part of the ride.

I also tried to look around at other cars and see how much I'd notice on that road. Even though it's a pretty straight shot as the crow flies, those are curvy highways and most are 75 MPH. I can't say I had too much luck looking into anyone's car for more than a second - it just wouldn't be safe or allow you to see much. Most of the roads are two lanes on each side, so if she was in the right lane and an incapacitated person was in the passenger seat, it would really be impossible for anyone to see anything amiss IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiteCamo